What About John 1:1 in the NWT?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 495 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ April 29 2007,12:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 29 2007,11:10)
    Hi Oxy,
    If John 1.1 means to you there are for you two gods and both are deities
    then you cannot avoid the questions about polytheism.

Hi Nick, I thought you would have known my stand by now.  There is one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit as pointed out in the Scriptures.

Paul disagrees with you.

1 Corinthians 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bibliophile, Hello, I know this isnt about John1;1 but First of all Id like to tell you I go to a baptist church. I have a long distance relationship with a friend, who has studied with the J.W. for abour 6months, and some of the things she has told me, I have to say are so un-true. Sha says she cannot read the KJV by it self, she has to refer to there own bible. she cant go to a bible book store and buy a bible. And I have looked threw J.W. scripts and there is so much added to and taken out. For instance in some scripts were it should say “all men” they quote “some men”,any where it says Lord referring to Jesus they have re-placed with Jehovah. She says she cannot make it to heaven, and that is so un-true. (The knew heaven and earth is ascending down) Says she is not worshipping Jesus, well without Jesus in your heart your soul is dead. He is you Saviour. Says she cant take communion, and thats part of your salvation. Says there is no hell, and God says there is. The bible actually speaks more about hell than heaven.I asked her if she had been saved? and she said whats that? I just cannot figure out why you would want to be in a religion and are not worthy enough for anything that God says we are. Its for all, not some. and how can they say jesus is Micheal the arch angel when Hebrews tells us God never said to any angel I will be your Father and you will be my son. She also says she is not suppose to get on the internet and read on there religion either. Can you please explain some of this?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 12 2006,17:34)

We are not forced to agree about anything but find remarkable unity in the Spirit.

JW's are not forced to agree about anything.  They do agree and are united in beliefs.
    As you say, you are not forced to agree about anything either, and nor do you agree on most things (other than “God isnt' a trinity,” and your anti-denominationalistic religion.)
    “Believers believe the truth.”  Logically, when two or more disagree, at least one of them or possibly both are wrong.

Who is the “we” you speak of that have “remarkable unity in the Spirit,” and in what way is this unity manifest?

david.

Hi JW’s

I will stand in defense of (John 1:1) your visible organization (JW's) and all others whose goal is “The Truth”.

People must understand where the FAITHFUL DISCRETE SLAVE came up with this (a god) idea. Let’s look at some evidence.
    They do this ONLY because they MISTAKENLY believe “The Word” to be Jesus.

1) AKJV: God (YHVH) said to Moses in Exodus 7:1: …“I have made thee (Moses) “a god” unto Pharaoh”…

2) AKJV: God said to Moses in Deut. 18:18: “I will raise them a prophet (Jesus) from among the brethren, like unto thee (Moses),
    and I will put MY WORDS (YHVH’s) in his mouth; and he (Jesus) shall speak unto them all the words I (YHVH) shall command him (Jesus).

Once people understand that “The Word” is the Holy Spirit (Jesus Father); which can be proven,
    then people will realize that the N.W.T. VERSION CONTAINS ERRORS IN IT! People should not judge the JW’s followers.

I’m in the process illustrating how “The Truth” connects to God in many ways and show how it applies directly to the AKJV bible, proving it to be as inspired as the original manuscripts.  

Although I believe the AKJV is the most accurate bible (and anointed of God) we English people possess, it still has errors. The reason it has errors are obvious, they are…

1)Translational errors (from one language to another)
    2)Human error (which accounts for most errors in any accident situation, including the bible)
    3)Corruption errors (preconceived  ideas of theology, which corrupts many modern translations)
    4)The strict “word for word” AKJV translating parameters can even create errors. (Ex. 3:14 is an example of this type of error.)

With these types of constraints at work, it is NO surprise that the AKJV is less than pure (yet I personally have disputed with preachers that would argue otherwise). Here is an infamous AKJV ERROR.

The standardized translation of ‘I am that I am’ can be proven to be wrong; and that the N.W.T. version of the Bible has this phrase (אהיה אשר אהיה) translated correctly.

N.W.T version Exodus 3:14: …“I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE”…

The AKJV linguists successfully translated the phrase אהיה into “I WILL” hundreds of times in the “Old Testament”. The AKJV translators also [added words]
    (which they italicized) to aid in translational differences; they did this practice throughout the bible so as to NOT corrupt it!

The AKJV linguists should have translated אהיה אשר אהיה into “I WILL [BE] WHAT I WILL [BE]”; this can be proven!
    The phrase ‘i am’ cannot be translated back into Hebrew; for it ‘i am’ is the product of man. ‘i am’ is the false god of religion! Let’s see what the N.W.T. says in Ezek. 28:2.

N.W.T. version Ezek. 28:2: …“For the reason that your heart has become haughty, AND YOU KEEP SAYING, ‘i am a god'. In the seat of god”… (emphasis mine)
    This sounds remarkably eerily like what it says in 2Thess.2:4.

N.W.T. version 2Thess.2:4: “He (‘i am’) is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called god or an object of reverence,
    so that he (i am) sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god.”

God Bless,
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

david
    Participant

See “coptic” thread:

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….=coptic

The earliest Bible that I can find that had the indefinite article “a” in their language used it in that instance. (John 1:1)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 19 2009,20:56)
    See “coptic” thread:

The earliest Bible that I can find that had the indefinite article “a” in their language used it in that instance. (John 1:1)

Watch how long it takes for David to respond to what I have written one post earlier!

He's going to go back (and have a football huddle) with his congregation Elders. They in turn will have to go back to their circuit (empirical) overseer.
    He in turn will have to consult with his district overseer. He in turn will have to consult with his country committee. They (the faithful and discreet slaves)
    will themselves have to have a football huddle, and then (maybe) after a    L   O   N   G    period of time we will get a response from the false god (a god) of religion!

Tim Kraft
    Participant

For all:
    IS THIS THE FINAL JUDGMENT DAY?
    Could it be that the day of salvation is the day of Judgment? He who has spiritual ears to hear let him hear! Right now the word of God(Jesus) has come from Heaven to earth to judge between the wicked and the righteous. This is the great and terrible day of the lord. Its great for those who believe God has cleansed them and made them righteous. Yet on the same day it is a day of wrath and destruction for any/all that believe they are in sin or sin everyday or have a sin nature! The wrath comes like fire, consuming our bodies with cancers, all forms of sickness, and all forms of disease, pain and agony! Those believing they are in sin or have sin also share in stress, anxiety, hate, anger, hostilities etc. that go along with sin!
    You are in charge of what you believe. Its your life or death choice. God says choose life!
    The final day of judgment that has come. The word of God sent to the earth is the final judgment. The word of God gave his life to take away the sin of the world. The word says you have been judged as perfect in Christ! The word says you are the righteousness of God in Christ! If you believe your righteousness in Christ, then your judgment has come! You are righteous!! Judgment is by faith. God said it, that’s final! The great judgment is at hand and the eternal word of God (Jesus) has gone forth to judge the sinner or one that believes he is in sin.The same word offers salvation to one that believes God has made him righteous. Remember, the eternal word of God was, is now and forever will be. Gods word(Jesus)the will of God was sent forth into the earth to judge mankind. Out of the mouth of Jesus came his Fathers words like a two edged sword cutting away the chaff and leaving the wheat. His words were Holy Ghost and fire, like a refiners fire to purify like fire and burn away any thoughts of wrong doing or sin. God’s word is purifying and God’s word will purify. Gods word (Jesus), has cut away the chaff from the wheat and is separating the goats from the sheep and is making mankind perfect once and for all.
    This cleansing is for all that will believe. God’s perfection is by faith as it was from the beginning.Those who continue to attempt to be clean through their good works have denied their perfection/salvation by faith. Those who continue the old testament beliefs of imperfection have condemned themselves to pain and suffering on Earth. Can you hear the Spirit call? Any man who believes in the wrath of God will receive what he believes. Life and death are set before you, now, you choose how to judge yourself, either perfect in Christ through believing what Jesus says or condemned to wrath and hellfire somehow for eternity! You are the ruler of your Kingdom, you are in charge of you. The choices of what to believe are yours alone. Jesus said, “judge not others, lest ye be judged, for by the same judgment you use for them, it will be measured back toyou”! This is the great and terrible day of the Lord. Its great for those who believe in their cleanlyness. Those that believe they are still in sin get wrath and hellfire. You get your choice of what you believe. God’s cleansing of the Earth is automatic. Those that believe in good, love, peace and all blessings from God will remain. Those who believe in wrath, hell and destruction will be destroyed by their own beliefs in cancers, sickness, diseases of all kinds and all fears of loss of life and destruction will come to them through their beliefs.
    There is therefore now, no condemnation in Love. Condemn no one, lest you be condemned. Did you hear? Don’t judge/condemn what people do as wrong in Gods eyes. If they are transgressing your personal space ask them kindly to correct the situation. You see, telling someone their wrong in God’s eyes, or that they are sinning to God, is totally different than telling them you don’t like something their doing to you. In other words don’t tell them they are sinning or doing wrong against God! That is not your right to judge. If you judge at all judge in righteous judgment. All are righteous in Christ. What they are doing may or may not be wrong in your eyes or your brother’s eyes but if you judge it wrong for him in God‘s eyes, then the judgment becomes yourspersonally. You rule (you) God’s Kingdom. You’re free to do and experience anything in and of yourself, but leave others alone to rule their own Kingdoms. Your freedom is their freedom. If you attempt to condemn others it will not affect them but it will affect you because you are condemning yourself. Actually with the freedom given in Christ, there are no rules or laws from God. So, if you take your power and set a rule or law for another person it doesn’t effect them, it establishes a rule for you where there was no rule, only freedom. For those of you who think that there will be a final, great white throne judgment day before God, and God will be the judge, know that, he will judge you by the same eternal word he gave to Jesus to give to all who would accept. You were cleansed, you are clean and you will be clean! Now, then, always, Heaven is home. You don’t try to get there, you live there. You are spirit, animating a soul and living in a physical body in the Earth. The essence of you is the eternal life force or Soul of God and you are experiencing life in physicality. There’s Heaven and Earth and when you leave your physical body, you are in Heaven. We have been made free in Christ. Where there is freedom, there is no law, where there are no rules, there are no laws and there can be no punishment! This is in relation to God, not this earthly physical world. Here, in the earth there are billions of rules, and laws. Gods kingdom is peace, love, and joy in the holy spirit. No law needed! There is no judgment in Heaven there’s no good or evil to judge between, only good. As above so it is below! Come on, stretch your mind a little, if you really believe you are the offspring of God, the Source of all Existence you will investigate a little about who and what you really are and are capable of doing. Its recorded that Jesus used teleportation, transfiguration, walked through walls, through people, walked on water, created money in a fish, stilled the wind, opened blind eyes and many more supernatural evidences of his control of the physical world. If you are just finding out that you are a child of the creator of all, are you not interested what your family inheritance might be. Especially if you are the creator’s son. An unlimited creator wants for nothing!! “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want…”! He just creates it himself!! Therefore, what could he possibly need? Give love to all, always. Give all people your same freedoms and gifts that God has given you and you will experience joy unspeakable.
    Thank for reading this expose‘. Peace to all forever, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Tim Kraft @ Oct. 20 2009,06:21)
    For all

Right now the word of God(Jesus) has come from Heaven to earth to judge between the wicked and the righteous. This is the great and terrible day of the lord.

The word of God gave his life to take away the sin of the world. The word says you have been judged as perfect in Christ!

The great judgment is at hand and the eternal word of God (Jesus) has gone forth to judge the sinner or one that believes he is in sin.

Remember, the eternal word of God was, is now and forever will be.

OUT OF THE MOUTH OF JESUS CAME HIS FATHERS WORDS like a two edged sword cutting away the chaff and leaving the wheat.

God’s word is purifying and God’s word will purify.

Those who continue to attempt to be clean through their good works have denied their perfection/salvation by faith.

You are the ruler of your Kingdom, you are in charge of you.

You see, telling someone their wrong in God’s eyes, or that they are sinning to God, is totally different than telling them you don’t like something their doing to you.

In other words don’t tell them they are sinning or doing wrong against God! That is not your right to judge. If you judge at all judge in righteous judgment.

You rule (you) God’s Kingdom. You’re free to do and experience anything in and of yourself, but leave others alone to rule their own Kingdoms.

You were cleansed, you are clean and you will be clean!  Now, then, always, Heaven is home. You don’t try to get there, you live there. You are spirit, animating a soul and living in a physical body in the Earth. The essence of you is the eternal life force or Soul of God and you are experiencing life in physicality. There’s Heaven and Earth and when you leave your physical body, you are in Heaven.

Gods kingdom is peace, love, and joy in the holy spirit.

Its recorded that Jesus used teleportation, transfiguration, walked through walls, through people, walked on water, created money in a fish, stilled the wind, opened blind eyes and many more supernatural evidences of his control of the physical world.

If you are just finding out that you are a child of the creator of all, are you not interested what your family inheritance might be. Especially if you are the creator’s son. An unlimited creator wants for nothing!!

Give all people your same freedoms and gifts that God has given you and you will experience joy unspeakable.
    Thank for reading this expose‘. Peace to all forever, TK

Hi Tim Kraft,

To what kingdom hall do you belong? I would like VERY MUCH to answer this question, rather than to just ignore it.
    Remember Tim, ALL liars will have their part in the lake of fire. (Rev. 21:8)

I (Ed J) will speak in behalf of ALL!

AKJV: Job: 36:2: “Suffer me a little and I will show thee that yet to speak on God’s behalf.”

Jesus plainly said that “THE WORD” was NOT his, but his Father’s!

N.W.T version: John 14:24: “He that does not love me does not observe my words; and THE WORD
    (emphasis mine) that you are hearing IS NOT MINE, but belongs to the Father who sent me.”

“THE WORD” (Holy Spirit) maketh the Son (Jesus)!

AKJV: Hebrews 7:28: For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity;
    but THE WORD of the oath (Isaiah 9:6), which was since the law (the Torah),
    [maketh] the Son (Jesus), who is consecrated for evermore.”

The Holy Spirit is “THE WORD” of “GOD The Father”! The word of the oath was written in Isaiah 9:6!

AKJV: Isaiah 9:6: “For unto us (ALL) a child is born, unto us a Son (Jesus) is given: and the government shall be upon HIS SHOULDER”…  

The oath (in Hebrews 7:28), given by “THE WORD” (in Isaiah 9:6) is fulfilled in Mathew 1:18!

N.W.T. version: Mathew 1:18: “But the birth of Jesus Christ was in this way. During the time his mother Mary was promised in marriage to Joseph,
    SHE WAS FOUND TO BE PREGNANT BY HOLY SPIRIT before they were united (consummated the marriage).”

The Holy Spirit is both Jesus’ biological Father and God!

N.W.T. version: Psalm 22:10: “Upon you (Holy Spirit) I have been thrown from the womb;
    From the belly of my mother (Mary) you (Holy Spirit) have been my (Jesus’) God.

The Holy Spirit is Greater than Jesus!

AKJV John 14: 28: “Ye have heard how I (Jesus) said unto you, I go away (physically), and come unto you (Spiritually).
    If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father (Holy Spirit) is greater than I (Jesus).

The previous verse is elucidated in John 14:23.

AKJV John 14:23: “Jesus answered and said unto hi, if a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father (Holy Spirit) will love him,
    and we (both Jesus and Holy Spirit) will come unto him, and make our (both Jesus and Holy Spirit) with him.

Power has been given to ALL believers through the abiding of both Jesus and Holy Spirit (Jesus’ Father) in them, which began on the day of Pentecost.

AKJV Mathew 28:18: “And Jesus came and spake unto them (ALL believers), saying, All power is given unto me (Jesus) in Heaven and in Earth.”

N.W.T. version: Acts 1:8: “but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit arrives upon you, and you will be witnesses of me (Jesus) both in Jerusalem
    and in all Judea and Samaria and to the most distant parts of the Earth.

Love and many blessings
    Ed J

david
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 19 2009,21:29)

Quote (david @ Oct. 19 2009,20:56)
    See “coptic” thread:

Watch how long it takes for David to respond to what I have written one post earlier!

He's going to go back (and have a football huddle) with his congregation Elders. They in turn will have to go back to their circuit (empirical) overseer.
    He in turn will have to consult with his district overseer. He in turn will have to consult with his country committee. They (the faithful and discreet slaves)
    will themselves have to have a football huddle, and then (maybe) after a    L   O   N   G    period of time we will get a response from the false god (a god) of religion!

Hi Ed

Basically, everything you said was wrong. The people on this forum know that it was wrong. I usually respond to posts within minutes when I find them interesting.
    I'm really not exactly sure what your point was in your other post. You seem to think the NWT has translated some things correctly. This thread is about John 1:1 and the NWT.

What do you think of the coptic version?

david
    Participant

Love and many blessings
    Ed J
    ]http://www.holycitybiblecode.org[/QUOTE]

Ed, have you started your own religion?
    And, do you think the Bible has a secret code in it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

David, I noticed you posted awhile back Jesus was not caled the Almighty-Rev1;8 I am the Alpha And Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is and which was and which is to come. The Almighty! In Rev. he is also called lord our God. In Jude he is our weise God and Saviour. Isaiah 9;6 For unto us a chil is born, unto us a child is given; and the goverment shall be on His ahoulder; and his name shall bec alled Wonderful Counsellor, The might God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace!!

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 21 2009,02:18)
    David, I noticed you posted awhile back Jesus was not caled the Almighty-Rev1;8 I am the Alpha And Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is and which was and which is to come. The Almighty! In Rev. he is also called lord our God. In Jude he is our weise God and Saviour. Isaiah 9;6 For unto us a chil is born, unto us a child is given; and the goverment shall be on His ahoulder; and his name shall bec alled Wonderful Counsellor, The might God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace!!

Amen Kat! Jesus is called God and Savior in many passages.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Does your trinity god really love you or only in theory?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No Nick he really loves me. You read these scriptures and still deny them? Thats your own loss!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Which one is He?
    Are you reborn into the Son of God?

david
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Oct. 21 2009,07:33)

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 21 2009,02:18)

Amen Kat! Jesus is called God and Savior in many passages.

thinker

Comparatively speaking, he is almost never called “God.”

Expressions we find in the Bible:
    Jehovah God–50 times
    the [true] God Jehovah–4 times
    Jehovah their God–39 times
    Jehovah the [true] God–8 times.
    Jehovah is in truth God–1 time
    Jehovah is God–1 time
    Jehovah is my God–1 time
    Jehovah is our God–1 time
    Jehovah your God–455 times
    Jehovah our God–105 times
    Jehovah my God–40 times
    Jehovah his God–29 times
    Jehovah is a God–7 times
    Jehovah the God of–204 times
    Jehovah a God–1 time

In addition to these 1000 times where Jehovah is unquestionably called “God” there are 6000 other times where it is also very clear.

The name Jesus is used with reference to “God” only a couple times at most.
    There are a few more times, where some people believe that “God” is used with reference to Jesus, but it is not at all clear.
    At the very very most, if you want to stretch the limits and twist verses, you can make it seem like Jesus is called “God” in 9 verses. (But really, a few of those are a far stretch.)

Remember, human judges, angels, even Satan has had “god” applied to him.

Why wouldn't the second in the universe, Jehovah's very son also be called “God”? It does mean “mighty/strong/powerful one” after all.

But, if don't you wonder why Jehovah is called “God” some 7000 times and Jesus only a handful?

david
    Participant

The RELIGIOuS LEADERS ACCUSED HIM OF BEING SON OF God. If he ever taught he was God himself, you’d think that this definitely without question would be what they would accuse him of.
    If they wanted him dead that badly, they would throw everything they had at him. They had fake witnesses, a mock trial. If they wanted to judge him as deserving of death, the solution was obvious: Accuse him of saying he was God himself.

BUT THEY DIDN'T DO THIS? WHY? hmmmm. Case closed!

LUKE 1:32
    “This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High.” (How did the angel announcing his birth refer to him? Compare Ps 83:18, where it says that Jehovah alone is the Most High.)
    LUKE 1:34
    “For that reason also what is born will be called holy, God’s Son.”

MATTHEW 3:17
    “Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”” (Who does Jehovah God’s testimony tell us Jesus is?)

JOHN 1:34
    “And I have seen [it], and I have borne witness that this one is the Son of God.””
    (What did John the Baptist bear witness to regarding Jesus?)

JOHN 1:49
    “Nathańael answered him: “Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are King of Israel.”” (How did Nathanael identify Jesus?)

MATTHEW 16:16
    “In answer Simon Peter said: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.””
    (Jesus himself asked who they thought he was. With this response of Peter, Jesus pronounced him happy, because his Father had revealed this to him.)

JOHN 11:27
    “She [Martha] said to him: “Yes, Lord; I have believed that you are the Christ the Son of God.”” (What did Martha believe about Jesus?)

JOHN 20:31
    “But these have been written down that YOU may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God.” (Why did John write what he did? What did he want us to believe?)

JOHN 1:34
    “I have borne witness that this one is the Son of God.” (Did John bear witness that Jesus was God Almighty, or God’s Son?)

1 JOHN 4:15
    “Whoever makes the confession that Jesus Christ is the Son of God . . .” (According to John, if we are to remain in union with God, what must confess?)

1 JOHN 5:5
    “Who is the one that conquers the world but he who has faith that Jesus is the Son of God?” (According to John, what must we have faith in–that Jesus is God, or the “Son of” God?)
    (It seems that John bore witness that Jesus was the “Son of” God, that he wrote what he did so that we would believe that Jesus was the “Son of” God, telling us to have faith that Jesus is the “Son of” God, and to confess that Jesus is the “Son of” God.)

ACTS 9:20
    “he [Peter] began to preach Jesus, that this One is the Son of God.” (What did the apostle Peter preach about Jesus?)

MARK 1:24
    “What have we to do with you, Jesus you Nazarené? Did you come to destroy us? I know exactly who you are, the Holy One of God.” (The demons certainly knew “exactly” who Jesus was: the Holy One “of” God, and hence, not God Almighty himself.)
    MATTHEW 8:29
    “What have we to do with you, Son of God?”
    MARK 3:11
    “Even the unclean spirits, whenever they would behold him, would prostrate themselves before him and cry out, saying: “You are the Son of God.”“
    LUKE 4:41
    “Demons also would come out of many, crying out and saying: “You are the Son of God.”

JOHN 5:18
    “On this account, indeed, the Jews began seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath but he was also CALLING GOD HIS OWN FATHER, making himself equal to God.”
    (He was not saying that he was equal to God, but rather “he was also calling God his own Father,” and in the minds of the Jews, this was tantamount to making himself equal with God.)
    MATTHEW 26:59-63
    “So the high priest said to him: “By the living God I put you under oath to tell us whether you are the Christ the Son of God!”“ (What did the chief priest charge Jesus as saying he was? Surely if there was indication that he was claiming to be God or those around him believed this, then that accusation would have been made. These were the ones who were accusing them of anything they could, making stuff up, bringing in false witnesses. Surely if he was claiming to be God himself, they would have capitalized on this.)
    LUKE 22:70
    “Are you, therefore, the Son of God?”
    MATTHEW 27:43
    “let Him [God] now rescue him if He wants him, for he said, ‘I am God’s Son.’”
    JOHN 19:7
    “The Jews answered him: “We have a law, and according to the law he ought to die, because he made himself God’s son.”” (What did the Jews tell Pilate Jesus had made himself? If Jesus was claiming to be God, surely they who wanted him done away with would have charged him with this.)
    MARK 14:61,62
    “Again the high priest began to question him and said to him: “Are you the Christ the Son of the Blessed One?” Then Jesus said: “I am.” (So they were charging him with saying he was the “Son of” the God, and Jesus himself said: “I am.”)

JOHN 10:36
    “do YOU say to me whom the Father sanctified and dispatched into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, I am God’s Son?” (Who did Jesus himself say he was?)

MATTHEW 14:33
    “Then those in the boat did obeisance to him, saying: “You are really God’s Son.””
    (Miraculously walking on water and calming the winds moved his disciples to what conclusion?)

MATTHEW 27:40
    “If you are a son of God, come down off the torture stake!” (How did those mocking him while he was dying refer to him?)

MATTHEW 27:54
    “when they saw the earthquake and the things happening, grew very much afraid, saying: “Certainly this was God’s Son.”“ (What conclusion did the army officer there at Jesus death reach?)
    MARK 15:39
    “Now, when the army officer that was standing by with him in view saw he had expired under these circumstances, he said: “Certainly this man was God’s Son.””

ROMANS 1:4
    “but who with power was declared God’s Son.” (What was Jesus declared to be?)

So we have an angel, demons, Jehovah, Jesus, John the Baptist, Nathanael, Peter, Martha, John, Paul, mockers of Jesus, an army officer who saw Jesus die, the Jews, all making very plain what they believed Jesus to be, the “Son of” God, or “God’s Son,” and hence, not God, but someone related to God, the “Son of” God.

When it came to the question of HIS IDENTITY, everyone was very clear. How can this be ignored?

Anonymous
    Inactive

for when we refer to jesus as the son of God, I think this explains the Son of God very well.
    Jesus is not God’s Son in the sense of a human father and a son. God did not get married and have a son. God did not mate with Mary and, together with her, produce a son. Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that He is God made manifest in human form (John 1:1, 14). Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35 declares, “The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’”

During His trial before the Jewish leaders, the High Priest demanded of Jesus, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God” (Matthew 26:63). “’Yes, it is as you say,’ Jesus replied. ‘But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven’” (Matthew 26:64). The Jewish leaders responded by accusing Jesus of blasphemy (Matthew 26:65-66). Later, before Pontius Pilate, “The Jews insisted, ‘We have a law, and according to that law He must die, because He claimed to be the Son of God’” (John 19:7). Why would His claiming to be the Son of God be considered blasphemy and be worthy of a death sentence? The Jewish leaders understood exactly what Jesus meant by the phrase “Son of God.” To be the Son of God is to be of the same nature as God. The Son of God is “of God.” The claim to be of the same nature as God—to in fact be God—was blasphemy to the Jewish leaders; therefore, they demanded Jesus’ death, in keeping with Leviticus 24:15. Hebrews 1:3 expresses this very clearly, “The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His being.”

Another example can be found in John 17:12 where Judas is described as the “son of perdition.” John 6:71 tells us that Judas was the son of Simon. What does John 17:12 mean by describing Judas as the “son of perdition”? The word perdition means “destruction, ruin, waste.” Judas was not the literal son of “ruin, destruction, and waste,” but those things were the identity of Judas' life. Judas was a manifestation of perdition. In this same way, Jesus is the Son of God. The Son of God is God. Jesus is God made manifest (John 1:1, 14).

gotquestions.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 20 2009,21:06)
    Love and many blessings
    Ed J
    ]http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed, have you started your own religion?
    And, do you think the Bible has a secret code in it?[/quote]

Hi David,

There are many anomalies in the AKJV Bible that show a consistency for illustrating a pattern, that pattern runs consistent over the entire Bible,
    pertaining to the English language in general and more specifically the use of English Gematria. English Gematria is but one
    of the many consistent patterns in the AKJV bible illustrating the orchestration of intelligent design over large time scales.

I have started a thread to illustrate these anomalies. When all the information is looked at as a whole,
    believers will have the availability to spoon feed others on a personal level; information that leads to the removal of all doubts
    as to whether or not our God, יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm (JEHOVAH GOD) exists;
    this information can be a useful tool to your visible organization, in the spreading of “The Truth” of God.

Have you ever heard of Dr. Gene Scott; he is a linguist very familiar with both forms of the Coptic. Here is a link to his site for you. http://www.drgenescott.com/

I merely gave a brief as to how the term ‘a god’ came about in John 1:1; which I understand is the subject of this thread. I will explain it again for you.

There is a connection with the phrase (a god) used by God in Exodus 7:1 referring to Moses. God stated Pharaoh’s View of Moses would be, Pharaoh would view Moses as ‘a god’.

God also said in Deut. 18:18: “I will raise them a prophet from among the brethren, like unto thee (meaning Moses),
    and I will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all the words I shall command him;
    I believe your Religion also considers this prophet to be none other than “Jesus Christ”.

These verses must have been used as a basis, in conjunction with “The Word” Ho Logos believed to be Jesus, in John 1:1 of your N.W. T. version of the Bible;
    because prior to 1964 your organization used the AKJV Bible with exclusivity.

Witnessing to the world: in behalf of יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm (JEHOVAH GOD)!
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org.

P.S. You obviously did not you read either the free e-book or the thread to ask such accusatory questions?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Oct. 21 2009,10:40)
    for when we refer to jesus as the son of God, I think this explains the Son of God very well.
    Jesus is not God’s Son in the sense of a human father and a son. God did not get married and have a son. God did not mate with Mary and, together with her, produce a son. Jesus is God’s Son in the sense that He is God made manifest in human form (John 1:1, 14). Jesus is God's Son in that He was conceived in Mary by the Holy Spirit. Luke 1:35 declares, “The angel answered, 'The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.’”

During His trial before the Jewish leaders, the High Priest demanded of Jesus, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God” (Matthew 26:63). “’Yes, it is as you say,’ Jesus replied. ‘But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven’” (Matthew 26:64). The Jewish leaders responded by accusing Jesus of blasphemy (Matthew 26:65-66). Later, before Pontius Pilate, “The Jews insisted, ‘We have a law, and according to that law He must die, because He claimed to be the Son of God’” (John 19:7). Why would His claiming to be the Son of God be considered blasphemy and be worthy of a death sentence? The Jewish leaders understood exactly what Jesus meant by the phrase “Son of God.” To be the Son of God is to be of the same nature as God. The Son of God is “of God.” The claim to be of the same nature as God—to in fact be God—was blasphemy to the Jewish leaders; therefore, they demanded Jesus’ death, in keeping with Leviticus 24:15. Hebrews 1:3 expresses this very clearly, “The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of His being.”

Another example can be found in John 17:12 where Judas is described as the “son of perdition.” John 6:71 tells us that Judas was the son of Simon. What does John 17:12 mean by describing Judas as the “son of perdition”? The word perdition means “destruction, ruin, waste.” Judas was not the literal son of “ruin, destruction, and waste,” but those things were the identity of Judas' life. Judas was a manifestation of perdition. In this same way, Jesus is the Son of God. The Son of God is God. Jesus is God made manifest (John 1:1, 14).

gotquestions.org

Hi Katjo,

I would like to point out some very interesting facts.

These facts concern the promises that God made to Abraham. He said that his seed would be as plenty as the…

1) “Dust of the Earth” (Gen. 3:16)
    2) “Stars of Heaven” (Gen. 26:4)
    3) “Sand of the Sea”  (Gen. 32:12)

It’s interesting to note that the very same language is used in Rev. 20:8 where Satan goes about in battle to deceive the nations,
    He is going against God’s people, whose number is AS THE SAND OF THE SEA.

AKJV: Rev. 20:8: “And (Satan) shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth,
    Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.”

N.W.T. version: “and he (Satan) will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth,
    Gog and Magog, to gather them together for war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea.

Gematria shows the strongest significance of these Bible verses. For both carry the same Gematria value of (117); a very significant number in the Bible!

As the “SAND OF THE SEA”=117 has a direct correlation to the meaning of who Satan is battling against!
    The believers of: 117=יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm (JEHOVAH GOD)!

There is much that can be use to expose “the Truth”!

Many blessings,
    Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

This is a quote from david:

Hi Ed

“Basically, everything you said was wrong. Why? The people on this forum know that it was wrong. Who? 
    I usually respond to posts within minutes when I find them interesting. You don”t find what I write interesting? 
    I'm really not exactly sure what your point was in your other post.  Did you even read it?
    You seem to think the NWT has translated some things correctly.  Yes.
    This thread is about John 1:1 and the NWT”
    I will explain in Greater Detail, perhaps then you will see how it all goes together.

Hi David,

I love it when others like yourself help me to expose “The Truth” for all to see! The N.W.T version has both of these bible verses translated correctly, while the AKJV bible doesn’t.

N.W.T. Jehovah witness’s version: Matthew 3:17 “Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said:
    “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.”” (Who does Jehovah God’s testimony tell us Jesus is?)

The standardized translation of ‘I am that I am’ can be proven to be wrong;
    while the N.W.T. version of the Bible has this phrase (אהיה אשר אהיה) translated correctly.

N.W.T. Jehovah witness’s version Exodus 3:14: …“I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE”…

The AKJV linguists successfully translated the phrase אהיה into “I WILL” hundreds of times in the “Old Testament”. The AKJV translators also [added words]
    (which they italicized) to aid in translational differences; they did this practice throughout the bible so as to NOT corrupt it!

The AKJV linguists should have translated אהיה אשר אהיה into “I WILL [BE] WHAT I WILL [BE]”; this can be proven! The phrase ‘I am’ cannot be translated back into Hebrew.

The Hebrew language does not have a word for coincidence; because of this they do not believe there is such a thing as coincidence only divine intervention.
    As a matter of fact they believe if the Hebrew language does NOT have a word for it, then it doesn’t exist.

The false god of religion (‘a god’) shall Exalt Himself Above ALL.

In the English AKJV Bible, translated directly from the Aramaic text, it says in Daniel…

AKJV Daniel 11:36-38: “And the king will do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god,
    AND SHALL SPEAK AGAINST THE GOD OF GODS (יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm JEHOVAH GOD), and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished:
    for that is determined shall be done. 37: Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for HE SHALL MAGNIFY HIMSELF ABOVE ALL.”
    38: BUT IN HIS ESTATE SHALL HE HONOR THE ‘GOD OF FORCES’ (SATAN) AND ‘a god’ (WHICH IS THE VERY SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD!)
    Whom His Fathers Knew No Shall He Honor With Gold, And Silver, And With Precious Stones And Pleasant Things.

This wording (' a god') sounds remarkably like what it says in Ezekiel 28:2, 28:13-15.

N.W.T. Jehovah witness’s version: Ezekiel 28:2: “…For the reason that your heart has become haughty, and you keep saying [‘I am a god].  
    In the seat of god (יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm) I have seated myself…

N.W.T. Jehovah witness’s version: Ezekiel 28:2: In Eden, the garden of God, you proved to be. EVERY PRECIOUS STONE was your covering (emphasis mine),
    ruby, topaz, and jasper… 14: You are the anointed cherub that is covering, and I have set you. On the holy mountain of God you proved to be…

N.W.T. Jehovah witness’s version: Ezekiel 28:2: “…For the reason that your heart has become haughty, AND YOU KEEP SAYING [‘I am a god’] (THE FALSE GOD OF RELIGION!).  
    In the seat of god (יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm) I (' a god') have seated myself…
    Why does the N.W.T. version have the phrase 'a god' in John 1:1? Because “The Word” Ho Logos they believe to be Jesus Christ rather than “Theos” “God in Greek”!

Witnessing to the world: in behalf of יהוה האלהים YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL- ō-Hêêm (JEHOVAH GOD)!
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 495 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account