We are in the new earth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 535 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Dec. 26 2009,15:00)

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 26 2009,05:00)
    TO all……….WE all have (ADVERSARIAL) (SATAN) thoughts in us, it is part of our minds way of thinking, Created by GOD to be in us all.

peace and love to you all……………………gene

Hi Gene,

Why did you say this?
    Is this what you really believe?

Ed J

Yes Ed,
    Gene does not rely on scripture.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2009,16:23)

TO all……….WE all have (ADVERSARIAL) (SATAN) thoughts in us, it is part of our minds way of thinking, Created by GOD to be in us all.

Hi Gene,

Why did you say this?

Ed J

Yes Ed,

Hi Nick,

It's clear from Scripture, God wants to sweep are minds clean of (ADVERSARIAL) (SATAN).

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed
    by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good,
    and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Eph.4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy
    he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the HolySpirit;

We need to have our minds swept clean from this type of thinking!

God bless you Nick,
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 26 2009,15:54)
    hi gene
    my views as i understand from the scriptures his this;Satan is (adversary )so in the book of job it is clear that he his a angel who contested Gods authority,at the creation of man it did put him in a position of dominion and fail the test God put in front of him,but man as well fail to obey to Gods command,this is the first known lie and corruption  in history,and by this the first opposition to the will of God,so it is now that the word satan becomes synonym
    of an opposition or liar,i believe this is the case of Jesus calling Peter satan,because Peter words were against the will of God.
    it is also true that any person who does not work for the truth of Gods will, his obviously working against it, what is satan way or in opposition to Gods will ,

Now this is also a condition in man who reject God will in their inside thought by choosing to do works against their fellow men what is against the truth of God who is LOVE,this is why we have to clean the inside of the cup like Jesus said,and led the flesh or wants, needs and emotions guiding our lives,but to be renewed in Christ and do the will of God with LOVE.

T….Is this not what i have written, The SPIRIT (intellect) of an ADVISORY was in PETER and it can at times be in all of us, Some times we resist GOD not even knowing it, as in the case of Eve, and other times we do know it as in the case of ADAM. Adam was not decieved by any adversarial (BEING) it was His own mind that went against GOD command. As scripture says. Sin entered through ADAM. Just as Peter went against Jesus and Judas also. Jesus rightly called them Satan or DEVILS because they were acting in the capacity of a adversary of HIS. It was not a secret Bring sneaking around jumping in and out of the, it was there own minds that were contrary to Jesus.

The whole concept of DEVILS and SATAN as (BEINGS) going around jumping in and out of People at will is PURE PAGANISM. And adversarial Spirit (INTELLECT) has effected everyone at some time because everyone has sinned. In fact the whole world lies in the grip of the SPIRIT (Intellect) it is at work in the Childern of Disobedient's. Thats not some sperate bing it is there own Thoughts or intellects causing this, not some “MYSTERIOUS CREATURE” it is thoughts in the mind and must be mastered, by the Spirit of GOD. By the renewing of OUR MINDS>
    IMO

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2009,16:23)

Hi Gene,

Why did you say this?

Ed J

Yes Ed,

Nick……….I do rely on scripture , it is you who does (NOT) (UNDERSTAND) Scripture thats the problem here. AS many have proven many times to you. But Pride does present it problems>

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Hi Gene,

Why did you say this?

Ed J

Ed J…………What i meant to say was we all have (AT TIMES)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ed J………..Satan (adversarial) thinking is Simply thinking against something , GOD Himself can and often is a Adversary (Satan) to someone as in the case of Job the adversary mentioned there was not a person as we assume it to be , but rather a Spirit (LOGIC) Process that is Adversarial to a condition that exists, As in the case of Job, this adverse reasoning was questing Job's motives, saying does Job do it for no reason, or is it because you (God) had built a hedge around Him where certain things could not effect him and that is why Job is the way he is. But the LORD was using this to deal with Job's future, so HE (GOD) brought up the question to this SPIRIT intellect saying “Have you considered my servant Job, a Perfect and up right man who issues evil and (ONLY) does good”. One of these Seven Spirits of GOD is the Spirit (intellect) of an adversary, but none the less it is a SPIRIT of GOD. That GOD uses to balance HIS reasonings for what He is doing. If you could understand that ALL SEVEN SPIRITS ARE CREATIONS OF GOD and these go to and fro through out the whole earth. Problem with most is they do not understand what SPIRIT (INTELLECT) REALLY IS. IMO

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ed J………..Read the end of the book of JOB and you will see where it says that GOD brought (ALL) the EVIL on Job. Maybe these will help explain, what i am driving at. Much of scripture is (symbolic) language and there is a lot of Parallel stories used in scriptures. Jesus used then to hide meanings from those who were not called, But those who are called the SPIRIT (INTELLECT) of GOD reveals them to them. Only the ears and eyes of the called can really understand the most difficult scriptures. GOD'S Spirits give us the understanding of them.

peace and love……………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

WE all have (ADVERSARIAL) (SATAN) thoughts in us, it is part of our minds way of thinking,

So you must believe God is speaking figuratively when he mentions Satan as a  separate entity.

Satan and his host merely proposition us to do evil.  We are the ones who either chose to entertain that proposition or not.  

You are following modern psychology and proposing Satan is merely a part of our own mind.   That was obviously not the belief of either Jesus or those that wrote scripture.

I on the other hand choose to believe as did Jesus and his servants of thousands of years ago.

The question then because does your lack of belief in Satan interfere with your ability to resist the devil so that he runs away.   We already know that mine does not.

I do believe that Satan speaks his proposition into our brains so we hear him with our minds and not our ears.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 27 2009,06:11)
    Ed J………..Satan (adversarial) thinking is Simply thinking against something , GOD Himself can and often is a Adversary (Satan) to someone as in the case of Job the adversary mentioned there was not a person as we assume it to be , but rather a Spirit (LOGIC) Process that is Adversarial to a condition that exists, As in the case of Job, this adverse reasoning was questing Job's motives, saying does Job do it for no reason, or is it because you (God) had built a hedge around Him where certain things could not effect him and that is why Job is the way he is. But the LORD was using this to deal with Job's future, so HE (GOD) brought up the question to this SPIRIT intellect saying “Have you considered my servant Job, a Perfect and up right man who issues evil and (ONLY) does good”. One of these Seven Spirits of GOD is the Spirit (intellect) of an adversary, but none the less it is a SPIRIT of GOD. That GOD uses to balance HIS reasonings for what He is doing. If you could understand that ALL SEVEN  SPIRITS ARE CREATIONS OF GOD and these go to and fro through out the whole earth. Problem with most is they do not understand what SPIRIT  (INTELLECT) REALLY IS. IMO

Hi Gene,

You say (in essence) that God (Falsely) tempted Job.

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God:
    for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Then…

First you say (in essence) that 'satan' (Falsely) doesn't exist.
    Next you say (in essence) God is talking with this non-existing being?
    Are we to believe God is somehow suffering from 'schizophrenia'?
    Please explain 'your thought'?

God bless
    Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

hi gene
    in the case of Job it is not that God did the wicket things that happen to Job,the same that he did not do it in Jesus case,it is the accuser who is bring all the misery on us,for God made all things to be accepted in a bilateral covenant,even in Eden God made a covenant if broken wood had concequenses .but God can not led sins to go unpunished,he loved men even so much he provited his own Son and innocent party to pay the price of sin by men,and onse again it is conditional to the acceptance of both parties,the accuser is the one who has start this chalange for is own destruction,

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ed J ……….I never said such a such thing that GOD was “TEMPTING ” JOB, I don't know what you are implying. Job was not tempted that i know of. A man is tempted of himself as James says he is, not of some Being going around jumping in and out of him. GOD was dealing with Job, because of a (FUTURE) PROBLEM that would have occurred, one of SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS. GOD'S Spirit should have revealed that to you brother. Remember Jesus said FATHER lead us (NOT) into temptation but deliver us from EVIL , actually it should read “Father let us not be tempted and deliver us from the evil”. Because GOD tempts not man we are tempted of ourselves, as James said. IMO

peace and love ………………………gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….There are seven distinct SPIRITS of ONE GOD, and ONE of them is the SPIRIT(intellect) of and adversary, but before you condom that idea think what your thoughts would be like without adversarial thinking with regards to you own personal thinking, Some times an adversary can be you best friend. Wisdom is connected with critical thinking , even in studying our scriptures . GOD created this SPIRIT for a balance mechanize in all of us. Adam and Eve's conclusions were right , experiencing good and Evil would give us wisdom by the experience, that becomes obvious when you consider that fact GOD allowed it to happen. IMO

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 27 2009,08:37)
    Ed J ……….I never said such a such thing that GOD was “TEMPTING ” JOB, I don't know what you are implying. Job was not tempted that i know of.  A man is tempted of himself as James says he is,  not of some Being going around jumping in and out of him. GOD was dealing with Job, because of a (FUTURE) PROBLEM that would have occurred, one of SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS. GOD'S Spirit should have revealed that to you brother.  Remember Jesus said FATHER lead us (NOT) into temptation but deliver us from EVIL , actually it should read “Father let us not be tempted and deliver us from the evil”. Because GOD tempts not man we are tempted of ourselves, as James said.   IMO

peace and love ………………………gene

Hi Gene,

Thanks for clarifying your thought.
    Job, however WAS tempted by satan(a REAL enemy entity)!

God bless you as well brother in Christ!
    Ed J

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….The LORD know all along every thought that anyone can think, in fact He created every thought that there is , there is (NO) New thought that we can acquire that has not already existed, while it may be new to us it is not new, “For there is nothing New under the sun”. That also explains how GOD knows the end from the beginning. Thoughts are SPIRIT rather clean or unclean , or a agreeing thought or an adversarial thought and when we speak them we are expressing Spirits. When Peter expressed His thought to Jesus, he was acting as an adversary to Him, so Jesus rightly called HIM a SATAN because He was Being a SATAN, by being in opposition to Jesus and the Work of GOD. But to assume (ALL) ADVERSARIES (SATANS) are EVIL is a gross error. God uses adversarial Spirit thoughts in peoples minds to work His purposes at times as He did to JOB. Also in the death of Jesus, For His and All our ultimate Good. IMO

terraricca
    Participant

hi all
    their is only two ways aswell,the one who lead to God trough Christ and the otherone,the details are of no importants in the otherway,only if the do not disturbe Gods will.the important way is to find God and his protection and his word.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

You appear too focused on the intellectual when the emotional is just as important.  I assure you men  can act emotionally as well as intellectually and probably often both.  In some case neither are a factor.  

You seem to wish to discus the nature of the spirit which is fine.   I have heard what you stated and examined it. When I tested it against scripture I found it wanting.  I had a similar hypothesis at one time when I read of the seven fold spirit  mentioned in Revelations but I could find nothing to support it.

You also want to discus the nature of Satan which is again fine.   I am not sure if believing Satan is an individual entity is or is not a risk to believing in a sound doctrine.  I do know that those in scripture obviously believed he is an individual entity.

Your comment about Adam and Eve’s conclusion almost sounds like you are accusing Jesus of being a fool because he did not sin.  If you are instead stating that temptation tempers our character then I will agree.

Satan tested Job because he hoped Job would sin while God tested Job because he hoped Job would thrive and yet the test was one and the same test.   God also knew the test would tempter Job’s character.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…….Your emotions are a result of your intellects. One can not be sorrowed until his intellect has been opened to understand the truth and then He see truth the way GOD see it and this (cause) him to sorrow < "For you are sorrowed unto righteousness" and again "Godly Sorrow works repentance , not to be repented of". Why do you suppose "GOD Pities us as a Father pities His childern", is it without true understanding this is done? is it some kind of Mystery this Happens, NO it is his intellect (Spirit) of TRUTH given by God, so convicts Him and (CAUSES) these emotions that work in us and HIM. It is coming to see the real truth that (CAUSES) Change.

Also……. You do not have to commit sin to experience the effect of it, While Jesus did not sin, is not to say he did not experience good and evil, because Jesus did experience both good and evil even though he Himself did not sin, that did not mean he did not gain Wisdom by having a association with them, “For he learned obedience by the things he suffered, even GOD the FATHER has experience both the effect of good and evil. To have experience with Good and Evil can be given by association with it even though one does not sin himself. Your mixing up Sin (missing the mark) with the (Knowledge) of good and evil. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene wrote:

Your emotions are a result of your intellects.

I am going to venture the guess that your definition of intellect and mine are not the same.  Emotions are a reaction to what we observe.  Animals with little intellect experience emotions.   There are different types of emotion and some appear more cognitive than others.

Gene wrote:

Your mixing up Sin (missing the mark) with the (Knowledge) of good and evil.

I can see where the term “the knowledge of good and evil” bears to be examined by both of us but this does not seem the proper place.  Perhaps if you were to start a new thread to explain what you believe it means.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Kerwin said;

Job does not state his opressor is either human or diabolical but rather credits God with sending the bad times as well as the good, Job 2:10.  Does that mean that there was no accuser?

Kerwin,

I don't understand why you would ask, “Does that mean there was no accuser”? I have been saying that there was indeed an accuser but he was human. God granted him the power to afflict Job.

The accuser could not have been satan himself because he and his angels were bound in chains:

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; 2 Peter 2:4

and,

6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Jude 6

Revelation 20 explicitly says that the “ANCIENT” serpent was bound. This is how we know that the vision took John all the way back to the garden when it all started. They were in the “little season” at the time of the writing of the book of Revelation. Then Jesus returned in ad70 and satan was cast into the lake of fire. Consequently we entered into the eternal new covenant age (the new earth).

Explain why we have no biblical record of demon possession in the old testament period. Explain why we do not see satan reeking havoc from the time of the curse of the serpent until the time of Jesus' first appearance.

See the thread I started, “We are in the new earth.” I will call it up for your perusal.

Kangaroo Jack

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You are so sure of yourself but so wrong.
    Private interpretations drive you into the marshes of confusion.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 535 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account