Was the apostle john an idolater?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Yes he is but the context is greater.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,13:13)
    Hi TC,
    Yes he is but the context is greater.

Nick,

If you believed in context then you would have to change your beliefs because you take everything out of context all the time.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    If you want to make Jesus your God who will you appoint to be your mediator with God, your high priest, your advocate and your brother?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2009,09:35)
    Hi TC,
    If you want to make Jesus your God who will you appoint to be your mediator with God, your high priest, your advocate and your brother?

Nick,
    You should really be directing your question to Thomas  :O

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 24 2009,09:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 23 2009,12:41)
    Hi TC,
    Read from v 9 onwards and you will see that it is God Who is spoken of.
    We are believers in the Son as a group but it is God we approach.
    Heb 10.22

If you knew you were one with the Son of God why would you worship him as you would be woshiping yourself would you not?

Nick,

Why would you tell me to go back to verse 9? The Son of God is mentioned in verse 13 and then the “Him” is mentioned right after that. So going to verse nine means nothing. You negate proper grammar and simple reading.

TC27

Amen TC! But you need to understand that anti-trinitarians make up their own grammar here.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Thomas knew both his Lord and His God within his Lord.
    He had been taught in Jn14.

Do you not know the difference yet between the Father God and the Son of God?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2009,13:25)
    Hi TT,
    Thomas knew both his Lord and His God within his Lord.
    He had been taught in Jn14.

Do you not know the difference yet between the Father God and the Son of God?

So there are two Lords Nick?

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    What does 1 cor 8 tell YOU?
    Or are you yet t become of the US?

Would you rewrite scripture so that God becomes your Lord and Jesus your God?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………..Don't get stuck in the mud, the sum of the word is what counts, not some little statement that can be taken or turned to mean what you or others want it to mean. Jesus plainly said (FOR THOU ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD). Study each and every word in that statement and bingo your problem is solved, (Hear O Israel the LORD our GOD is (ONE) LORD), and again, ” YOU SHALL HAVE (NO OTHER) GOD BESIDES ME”. And again “I AM GOING TO YOUR GOD AND (MY) GOD , YOUR FATHER AND MY FATHER.and again “BUT TO US THERE IS (ONE) GOD AND (ONE) MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN THE (MAN) JESUS CHRIST. Thinker put these to memory and never forget them brother and all the rest of disputed scriptures must fit these simple straight forward ones and cannot contradict them. The sum of God's word is truth. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 25 2009,03:53)
    Thinker………..Don't get stuck in the mud, the sum of the word is what counts, not some little statement that can be taken or turned to mean what you or others want it to mean. Jesus plainly said (FOR THOU ART THE (ONLY) TRUE GOD). Study each and every word in that statement and bingo your problem is solved, (Hear O Israel the LORD our GOD is (ONE) LORD), and again, ” YOU SHALL HAVE (NO OTHER) GOD BESIDES ME”. And again “I AM GOING TO YOUR GOD AND (MY) GOD , YOUR FATHER AND MY FATHER.and  again “BUT TO US THERE IS (ONE) GOD AND (ONE) MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN THE (MAN) JESUS CHRIST. Thinker put these to memory and never forget them brother and all the rest of disputed  scriptures must fit these simple straight forward ones and cannot contradict them. The sum of God's word is truth. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………………gene

Yes Gene. The sum of the word is what counts. The sum of the word “Lord” implies “God.” The scripture also says that Jesus is the “true God and eternal life” (1 John 5:20). Jesus did not exclude Himself when He called the Father the only true God. I believe ALL scripture. You do not.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 24 2009,21:34)
    Hi TT,
    What does 1 cor 8 tell YOU?
    Or are you yet t become of the US?

Would you rewrite scripture so that God becomes your Lord and Jesus your God?

Lame argument Nick. Paul said that all other lords are idols. He said that Jesus was the ONE Lord through whom are all things and through whom we live. Lame argument Nick!

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So when Paul said in 1Cor 8 that for us there is one Lord Jesus Christ it did not apply to you?
    Why not become one of US?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 25 2009,08:05)
    Hi TT,
    So when Paul said in 1Cor 8 that for us there is one Lord Jesus Christ it did not apply to you?

???

Quote (thethinker @ July 24 2009,15:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 25 2009,08:05)
    Hi TT,

???

Thinker,

The confused face is my expression to everything that non-trinitarians say. None of it makes sense.

TC27

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker………That would be a natural thing a TRINITARIAN would say. Making more then ONE GOD is their GOAL Because they can't stand the fact that GOD Said He (ONLY) is GOD and there is NO other GOD. All trinitarians reject the many clear scriptures that proclaim that there is only ONE TRUE GOD. They change and manipulate the texts to accommodate their deluded thinking about more then ONE TRUE GOD, the GOD Jesus PRAYED to and Held on to, even in the face of Death.  They can't even put scriptures together, where Jesus said the (WORDS) I am telling you are (NOT) (MY) Words but the words of HIM who sent Me. They can not relate to Jesus as a Brother one of US. Simple plain scriptures their delusion prevents them from understanding, so they can't derive the truth from the Words of Jesus and What is Written in scripture. Blind Guides falling into the ditch and taking all who believe what they say with them. Thinker come out of those false TRINITARIAN TEACHINGS , why should you suffer loss because of these LIES they TEACH. IMO

peace and love to you thinker……………………gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 31 2009,02:30)
    Thinker………That would be a natural thing a TRINITARIAN would say. Making more then ONE GOD is their GOAL Because they can't stand the fact that GOD Said He (ONLY) is GOD and there is NO other GOD. All trinitarians reject the many clear scriptures the proclaim that there is only ONE TRUE GOD. They change and manipulate the texts to accommodate their deluded thinking about more then ONE TRUE GOD, the GOD Jesus PRAYED to and Held on to, even in the face of Death.  They can't even put scriptures together, where Jesus said the (WORDS) I am telling you are (NOT) (MY) Words but the words of HIM who sent Me. Simple plain scriptures there delusion prevents them from understanding, so they can't derive the truth from the Words of Jesus and What is Written in scripture. Blind Guides falling into the ditch and taking all who believe what they say with them. Thinker come out of those false TRINITARIAN TEACHINGS , why should you suffer loss because of these LIES they TEACH. IMO

peace and love to you thinker……………………gene

Gene,
    Trinitarians do not make more than one God. Even your Muslim buddies admit that trinitarians are monotheists.

Some of the biggest misconceptions that many non-Muslims have about Islam have to do with the word “Allah.”  For various reasons, many people have come to believe that Muslims worship a different God than Christians and Jews.  This is totally false, since “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for “God” – and there is only One God.  Let there be no doubt – Muslims worship the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus – peace be upon them all.  However, it is certainly true that Jews, Christians and Muslims all have different concepts of Almighty God.  For example, Muslims – like Jews – reject the Christian beliefs of the Trinity and the Divine Incarnation.  This, however, does not mean that each of these three religions worships a different God – because, as we have already said, there is only One True God.  Judaism, Christianity and Islam all claim to be “Abrahamic Faiths”, and all of them are also classified as “monotheistic.”

http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/195/

thinker

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker…….So you don't teach a trinity of GOD'S, GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON, and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT,yea right, To deny a triune teaching of the trinity is simply not true on you part thinker. A teaching that came form your Mother Catholic Church, Started in 325 AD at the council of Mecia, where Jesus became (Homoussious), a GOD from GOD. Which is nothing more the a gnostic teaching, GO read 2Ths 2 and think about it thinker, who is sitting in the temple of GOD and beings DISPLAYED as A GOD> is it not Jesus, that alone should cause alarm in you. Not to mention all of the words of Jesus in regards to this also. Come out of these false teaching while there is time brother. IMO

peace and love to you …………………….gene

To all,

One God. Three persons of God. NOT HARD!

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Not written either.
    Why not believe Jesus when he says he is the Son of God?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker…….Why do you ignore the simple clear words of Jesus to hold on to your False Trinitarian teachings?. Dump those false teachings and except the simple plain word of Jesus who said He could do (NOTHING) Himself and the FATHER in HIM does the WORKS. It amazes Us why you can even understand these simple things written. What you are teaching is in total contradiction of GOD the FATHER and Jesus Christ our brother.

peace and love…………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account