Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,641 through 1,660 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Mt 15.24
    24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Then please tell us what this says.

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    You're running out of things to say. I already answered , it means exactly what it says, but you don't believe what it says, but won't give your understanding of what you think it says!

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Mt15

24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

So as it says nothing at all about his message you withdraw any claim that the message is restricted to Israel?

The body of Christ thanks you

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    So, in your opinion, what DOES it mean?

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    He was sent to Israel.

So nothing about the divinely intended audience written there.
    Many gentiles also heard his words as with the greeks of Jn12.

Since then his recorded teachings have encompassed the globe.

The bread of life feeds many but you can only read and not taste?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 23 2009,05:52)
    GB,
    Yes we have seen your wriggling to maintain this presumption foundation before.
    Where does scripture say wills must die as you do?
    All are called but all are not chosen.  

You must make men into robots to prop up this facade.
    God wants a family who love Him, not an assembly of robots.

Sufficient grace is supplied for those who respond.

2 Corinthians 12:9
    And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Nick………don't flatter yourself, No wiggling at all Just what Scripture says, I realize you can't handle that GOD loves (ALL) his creation, but that you problem no mine. The only one wiggling is you and people like you who think you are a Special lot like JW's do when in fact you are nothing but ordinary nothing special about you at all, GOD can and does save the worst of sinners all the time. Your self aggrandizement by thinking you have the understanding to Make all the right “FREE” Choice is no where conferring in scripture as i have posted . David even has to as usual say (ALL) doesn't really mean All and then add some ones speculations to what it should say even though the words in the texts are not written, no problem just change it to meet the JW'S version. As you have to do also with what Paul and Jesus and other say. Why do you people seem to always have to change Scripture to somehow meet you teachings , and you have the nerve to say I am Wiggling. All people and organizations who use (EXCLUSIVENESS) to bolster their religious positions are phone's . IMO

peace and love………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Read scripture.
    It is all there.

You do not need to add your personal commentary

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………nor do you need to add your personal commentary either. Right?

peace……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Universalism is of man so by all means expound it if it is your belief.

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    Scripture says all will be saved, when truth is correctly cut. But you do not know how to do this, that's why you are so confused.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Correctly cutting does not mean to remove the lordship of our Master and Teacher Jesus Christ.
    Lacerating scriupture the way you do means you are unlikely to find truth or help lead any to safety.

david
    Participant

2Cor.5:18-19 …18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.

Universal salvation is nonsense? God doesn't think so.

In what sense has God ‘reconciled a world to himself’?
    The apostle Paul speaks of God “by means of Christ reconciling a world to himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses.” (2Co 5:19) This should not be misread as meaning that all persons are automatically reconciled to God by Jesus’ sacrifice, inasmuch as the apostle immediately goes on to describe the ambassadorial work of entreating men to “become reconciled to God.” (2Co 5:20) In reality, the means was provided whereby all those of the world of mankind willing to respond could gain reconciliation. Hence, Jesus came “to give his soul a ransom in exchange for many,” and he that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.” —Mt 20:28; Joh 3:36; compare Ro 5:18, 19; 2Th 1:7, 8.

Nevertheless, Jehovah God purposed to “gather all things together again in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth.” (Eph 1:10) Though a destruction of those who refuse to “set matters straight” (Isa 1:18) with Jehovah God is required, the result will be a universe in total harmony with God, and mankind will again rejoice in God’s friendship and enjoy the full flow of his blessings as at the start in Eden.—Re 21:1-4.

Jehovah God terminated his covenant relationship with Israel as a nation because of its unfaithfulness and its national rejection of his Son. (Mt 21:42, 43; Heb 8:7-13) Evidently the apostle refers to this when saying that ‘the casting of them away meant reconciliation for the world’ (Ro 11:15), for as the context shows, the way was thereby opened for the world outside the Jewish community or congregation. That is, the non-Jewish nations now had opportunity to be joined with a faithful Jewish remnant in the new covenant as God’s new nation, spiritual Israel.—Compare Ro 11:5, 7, 11, 12, 15, 25.

As God’s covenant people, his “special property” (Ex 19:5, 6; 1Ki 8:53; Ps 135:4), the Jewish people had enjoyed a measure of reconciliation to God, though still in need of full reconciliation by means of the foretold Redeemer, the Messiah. (Isa 53:5-7, 11, 12; Da 9:24-26) The non-Jewish nations, on the other hand, were “alienated from the state of Israel and strangers to the covenants of the promise, and . . . had no hope and were without God in the world,” for they had no recognized standing with him. (Eph 2:11, 12) In harmony with the sacred secret regarding the Seed, God nevertheless purposed to bring blessings for persons of “all nations of the earth.” (Ge 22:15-18) The means for doing this, Christ Jesus’ sacrifice, therefore opened the way for those of the alienated non-Jewish nations to “come to be near by the blood of the Christ.” (Eph 2:13) Not only this, but that sacrifice also removed the division between Jew and non-Jew, for it fulfilled the Law covenant and took it out of the way, thereby allowing Christ to “fully reconcile both peoples in one body to God through the torture stake, because he had killed off the enmity [the division produced by the Law covenant] by means of himself.” Jew and non-Jew now would have the one approach to God through Christ Jesus, and in course of time, non-Jews were brought into the new covenant as Kingdom heirs with Christ.—Eph 2:14-22; Ro 8:16, 17; Heb 9:15.
    –Insight, Vol 2, p 762.

david
    Participant

We have two groups of scriptures. One group is very large and plainly says that many will undergo everlasting destruction.

The other group speaks of “all men” being saved. The problem is that this could also be translated “all sorts of” or “all kinds of” men.

And when that second group of scriptures is translated that way, the Bible no longer contradicts itself.

As shown in Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (London, 1962, Vol. I, p. 46), pas can also mean “every kind or variety.”
    So, in the above verses, instead of “all,” the expression “every kind of” could be used; or “all sorts of” could be used.

which rendering is also harmonious with the rest of the Bible? The latter one is. Consider Acts 10:34, 35; Revelation 7:9, 10; 2 Thessalonians 1:9.

Other translators also recognize this sense of the Greek word, as is shown by their renderings of it at Matthew 5:11—“all kinds of,” RS, TEV; “every kind of,” NE; “all manner of,” KJ.

david
    Participant

I have a question:

Does God eventually turn people into Robots who are forced to do good, and follow him?

Because, if not, then there will never be peace. There will always be strife, conflict, wrongdoing, and the future world, will be just as this one.

If you believe everyone will be saved and granted everlasting life, then how will that time be any different than this time? Will these people be forced to obey, to do good?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

David……..why do you have to go through this lone posts to justify you positions saying in what (Sense) do The scripture say this or that, then follow with this long explanation of How you can contort the meaning of this simple scripture and twist it to come out different then its simple meaning. Anyone can talk their way around anything giving them enough words. Simple truth is, “yet all is of God who consolidates us unto himself through Christ (or the anointing or His SPIRIT). Which is the anointing or Christos.

You say does God eventually turn People into robots who are (FORCED TO DO GOOD), so doing good is a forced situation to you right, why not use the word encouraged to do good instead,. In fact GOD could have made everything perfect if he wanted to so why didn't he , then indeed we would have been robots, but God chose to let us experience good and evil, why because thats what true life is composed of, and God wanted us to be like Him and experience it that way, but he still has the problem of maintaining good over evil in the future so God has to co-habit with us in order for that to happen, why because no one can of themselves maintain righteousness in the face of good and Evil for ever on there own. We are temples in which God must dwell for ever in order for us to continue to always do right and not to scum to the evil that will always exist also. I realize this destroys you own self righteous ideologies but scripture backs this up. IMO WE are CREATED UNTO GOOD WORKS. Make the tree good and its fruit will be good , make the tree Evil and its fruit will be evil. Every tree is knowing by it fruit , God's Spirit produces good fruit. Christ (the anointing) in you the hope of Glory. If God is not in you you can (NEVER) continue to do good on you own. We must be constantly guided by GOD's Spirit to continue doing good. IMO

peace to you and yours……………………….gene

peace……………….gene

chosenone
    Participant

Hi David.
    In your earlier post you say, “In what sense has God reconciliated the world to Himself?” and then quote 2Cor.5:19 as an example. I would like to point out that the correct word in that statement is “conciliate”, not “reconciliate”.

2Cor.5:18-19 …18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.

Let me explain if I may. When two are estranged from one another through some disagreement, and person 'A' decides to “conciliate” with persom 'B', but person 'B' does not, then 'A' is “conciliated” to 'B', a ONE-WAY “conciliation” exists. Now if 'B' later agrees to conciliate with 'A', we have a TWO-WAY agreement, meaning both are now “reconciliated”.

The words “conciliate” and “reconciliate”, are very important, in that the first is a “ONE-WAY” conciliation, and the second is a “TWO-WAY” conciliation, which is actually “RECONCILIATION”.

So you see, now God has “conciliated” Himself to the world, all mankind, but “the world” has not yet all conciliated to God. This will happen later. Mankind, through the power of God, will all reconcile “to” God, and this means God and mankind will be “reconciled”.

To understand this scripture correctly, one must understand the difference between the words “conciliate” and “reconciliate”.

Hope this is usefull in helping one understanding the meanings of these words, I know it cleared up my understanding of scripture when I understood the meaning of these words.

God Bless, Jerry.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The sons of God are created unto good works but all are not sons of God and all never will be.

meerkat
    Participant

Jerry,

Thanks very much for that post – I did not understand that distinction ………

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    So our role is to dispense the conciliation with God. We help individuals make peace with their God through His Son. It is a joyful task. No magic amnesty though.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jerry……….thanks good post, helps clarify our understanding . we need more of this here.

love and peace to you and yours……………………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 1,641 through 1,660 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account