Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,621 through 1,640 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You seem to get mixed up and offer 1 Cor 3 to all men as some sort of purgatory tidying up sinners so they can all be saved.

The book was written to the body of Christ and this chapter makes that even more plain speaking of God's building, the church.

1 Corinthians 3
    1And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

10According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

11For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

12Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

20And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

21Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are your's;

22Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are your's;

23And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..Notice Paul did not say (ANY OF YOU) did he < No he said if (ANY MAN). Had he said any of you that would have made it exclusive, I rest my case. If you understood GOD overall WILL this would not be a problem for you Nick. Your exclusiveness religion is the Problem Here Nick, you seem to think by that you have some advantage over all the rest of GOD Creation, but unfortunately you will find you don't, the FATHER is NO Respecter of Persons, and All will ultimately be Saves because of who HE GOD THE FATHER ISIMO

peace and love………………………gene

love and peace…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Who was the letter addressed to?
    1Cor1
    1Paul called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,

2Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
    The body of Christ.
    That is the context.

david
    Participant

Is it just me, or is this idea that God will save all completely ludicris and against scripture?

We have two groups of scriptures. One group is very large and plainly says that many will undergo everlasting destruction.

The other group speaks of “all men” being saved. The problem is that this could also be translated “all sorts of” or “all kinds of” men.

And when that second group of scriptures is translated that way, the Bible no longer contradicts itself.

As shown in Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (London, 1962, Vol. I, p. 46), pas can also mean “every kind or variety.”
    So, in the above verses, instead of “all,” the expression “every kind of” could be used; or “all sorts of” could be used.

which rendering is also harmonious with the rest of the Bible? The latter one is. Consider Acts 10:34, 35; Revelation 7:9, 10; 2 Thessalonians 1:9.

Other translators also recognize this sense of the Greek word, as is shown by their renderings of it at Matthew 5:11—“all kinds of,” RS, TEV; “every kind of,” NE; “all manner of,” KJ.

CASE CLOSED. DONE. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

david
    Participant

I have a question: Does God eventually turn people into Robots who are forced to do good, and follow him?

Because, if not, then there will never be peace. There will always be strife, conflict, wrongdoing, and the future world, will be just as this one.

If you believe everyone will be saved and granted everlasting life, then how will that time be any different than this time? Will these people be forced to obey, to do good?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ Jan. 22 2009,18:27)
    Is it just me, or is this idea that God will save all completely ludicris and against scripture?

Not just you david.

It is a repeated teaching in scripture that the wicked will perish and be destroyed. I think this is God's mercy to the wicked because God is merciful. I think to live as a wicked person cut off from God (except to live) would be worse.

I also can't imagine a man who hates God being saved into the Kingdom of God after death. I mean in the new heavens and earth there will be no sin. God doesn't change wicked people who do not want to be changed. If they choose not God, he respects their choice.

Nowhere is it written that God will save a man who doesn't want to be saved or hates God and people.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8………Who says they Hate GOD, Do you know any one who does, To presuppose that, is Just just a exclusivity position, Most churches organization or “religious” Groups believe this way. But if GOD is indeed a CREATOR and Says I will take out of you the STONEY HEART, then He has the power to change the Heart, and if He can do it for one He can do it for ALL right. Most who say its up to us believe WE have a so-called “FREE WILL” or Choices, but no where in scripture does it say that, or that GOD RESPECTS OR CHOICES . In fact the opposite is said “it is not within a man to direct His paths”, and Again “there is a way within a man that seems good, but the end is sin and Death”. In order for a man to be saved GOD Must take a active part in changing His thinking and does so by His HOLY SPIRIT or HOLY INTELLECT , We are washed and cleansed BY His Mind in US, T8 GOD is greater then man and (ALL) his PURPOSES will STAND. Making salvation a matter of Mans choice is giving man power over his salvation nothing could be further from the truth. No one can (CHOSE) God's way , “MY ways are not your ways, nor my thought your thoughts” God said. So How can a person make the Right Choices without GOD in HIM. WE must realize true righteousness is a CREATION, and Just like you didn't create yourself in the first place you will not create your salvation by your so-called “FREE Will” Choices either. EXCLUSIVENESS does more harm and damage to God word then almost any thing, it limits GOD Power to SAVE and reduces it to the level of mere man. It is a form of creating a GOD MAN putting Salvation into the hands a Man. All things are of , by, and through ONE GOD ONLY> and if that GOD is in you then you can say , For He that is in me is greater then He that is in the world. For you are saved by GRACE and that (NOT) of YOURSELVES>
    T8, there is (NO) “FREE CHOICE, or FREE WILL, there is ONLY GOD WILL and IT WILL BE DONE, no matter who likes it or NOT. It is my hope and desire that (ALL) will come to repentance and since repentance is given by God as well as FAITH , and it is not GOD's WILL (ANY) parish then i believe ALL will Ultimately be saved (YET AS BY FIRE) as it says. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You presume far too much in support of your dogmas.

Man is not a robot and grace never forces.

God is control and does not choose all pots He makes for service.

Repentance is a choice made in response to the Word and supported by grace.

Our light burden when established in Christ still involves submission of our will daily to take up the cross

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….So say you , but remember your choices are made in fear so they really aren't “FREE ” at all ,you are controlled by FEAR as YOU profess to be. Nothing FREE about that, so you couldn't even be considered a FREE CHOICER at all. A man who is held in captivity of fear is never (FREE) of anything Nick. WE may be more of prescription then you imagine we are. If there is (ONLY) ONE WILL THAT Will BE DONE Nothing erks you more then my last post , because it breaks down you self reliance and self righteousness Nick. It removes all your goodness away from you, right and weakens your self trust , All your own self decisions in the end will do you (NO) Good, for ther is ONLY ONE THAT IS GOOD< but believe it or not that a good thing for you NICK.

love and peace to you and yours………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Yes we have seen your wriggling to maintain this presumption foundation before.
    Where does scripture say wills must die as you do?
    All are called but all are not chosen.

You must make men into robots to prop up this facade.
    God wants a family who love Him, not an assembly of robots.

Sufficient grace is supplied for those who respond.

2 Corinthians 12:9
    And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

david
    Participant

So no response to this Gene?

We have two groups of scriptures. One group is very large and plainly says that many will undergo everlasting destruction.

The other group speaks of “all men” being saved. The problem is that this could also be translated “all sorts of” or “all kinds of” men.

And when that second group of scriptures is translated that way, the Bible no longer contradicts itself.

As shown in Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words (London, 1962, Vol. I, p. 46), pas can also mean “every kind or variety.”
    So, in the above verses, instead of “all,” the expression “every kind of” could be used; or “all sorts of” could be used.

which rendering is also harmonious with the rest of the Bible? The latter one is. Consider Acts 10:34, 35; Revelation 7:9, 10; 2 Thessalonians 1:9.

Other translators also recognize this sense of the Greek word, as is shown by their renderings of it at Matthew 5:11—“all kinds of,” RS, TEV; “every kind of,” NE; “all manner of,” KJ.

CASE CLOSED. DONE. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.

david
    Participant

I have a question:  Does God eventually turn people into Robots who are forced to do good, and follow him?

Because, if not, then there will never be peace.  There will always be strife, conflict, wrongdoing, and the future world, will be just as this one.

If you believe everyone will be saved and granted everlasting life, then how will that time be any different than this time?  Will these people be forced to obey, to do good?

If you don't want to believe the Bible or take the BIBLE AS A WHOLE, then you can believe whatever you want.  But if you look at ALL THE SCRIPTURES there is only one way to understand this topic without having contradictions in scripture.

david
    Participant

Why are we even discussing this? It is absurd.

david
    Participant

there is ONLY GOD WILL and IT WILL BE DONE, no matter who likes it or NOT.

Right, and if you don't like it, you'll be destroyed forever as a hundred scriptures say.

The other group of scriptures would contradict these scriptures, if not translated properly.

Either the Bible contradicts itself, or those verses should be translated “all [sorts] of.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Universal salvation is a nonsense because it denies the need for faith or for any man to repent.
    The sacrifice of the Jewish man Jesus is somehow magically applied to give amnesty to all.
    It insults the righteousness and sovereignty of God by claiming all sin is now forgiven.

chosenone
    Participant

2Cor.5:18-19 …18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.

Universal salvation is nonsense? God doesn't think so.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Checking context.
    2Cor 1
    1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:

It seems that the book is written to the saints in the body of Christ
    God equipped men to offer this conciliation to all men.

But you would preclude that situation by claiming some sort of amnesty?

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    So this must be another scripture that you won't believe, same as Matt.15:24. Your bible must have many ommissions in it.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    It certainly does not have the additions you would supply as with Mt 15.24.
    We should not add to the Word

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    You don't even know what this verse is saying, I don't add to it, I just believe what it says. While you, not knowing what it is saying, try to give it some other, unknown to you, meaning?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,621 through 1,640 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account