Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,601 through 1,620 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….Ask yourself this question, is God A (CREATOR). And Is Righteousness a CREATION. Then ask your self it this creator said He was (NOT) WILLING any PARISH. Then as yourself If this CREATOR said (I) WILL take out of them the stones heart and give them a soft heart and will write my laws on THEIR inward Parts and they shall be my people and (I) shall be their GOD. Now if you answer all of them yes then why think anyone is going to parish when a (LOVING) GOD Who is no respecter of Persons will destory anyone. I believe all will be saved (YET AS BY FIRE) intense Judgments. We shall all be salted with fire. GODS ultimate purpose is and will be to save (ALL) his creation. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Jer 31
    33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

35Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

36If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

37Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

This is written about Israel.

Would you apply it to all mankind?
    By whose authority?  

Our opinions carry little weight compared with what is written.
    You must check context and not add hopeful supposition.

We must not teach what is not written

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    You say in the above post: …”But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;” Are you sure this is only for Israel? Yet when Jesus said the same, you don't believe it. You speak with forked tongue?

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Jesus did discuss the law and things relevant just to Israel with them,
    A person with wisdom could discern which was for them and which is for all.

But who would dare try to prevent all men learning from the teachings of Jesus?
    And by whose authority?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……… BY the authority of GODS word is how i apply it Nick, What do you do with Where Paul says The gentiles who have not the law but do the things contained there in, (Showing) the Law written on their Heart (BY) the HAND of GOD> Do you see how you disregard other scriptures to try to hold onto your own false doctrines.

God works the same with us all, no difference Nick. ONE GOD one Spirit One Way.

peace and love…………………gene

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2009,04:41)
    GB,
    Jer 31
    33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

35Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:

36If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.

37Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

This is written about Israel.

Would you apply it to all mankind?
    By whose authority?  

Our opinions carry little weight compared with what is written.
    You must check context and not add hopeful supposition.

We must not teach what is not written

Hi Nick:

Jeremiah 31:31ff refer to the New Covenant. This applies to us as well as to the Jews. We all are the house of Israel.

Hbr 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

Hbr 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

Hbr 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Hbr 10:15 [Whereof] the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

Hbr 10:16 This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Hbr 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

david
    Participant

“The kingdom of God will be taken from YOU [fleshly Israel] and be given to a nation producing its fruits [SPIRITUAL ISRAEL, IE: THE ISRAEL OF GOD].”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Yes but the idolatrous heathen are not.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2009,13:59)
    Hi 94,
    Yes but the idolatrous heathen are not.

True. I misread what Gene stated.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2009,08:46)
    CO,
    Jesus did discuss the law and things relevant just to Israel with them,
    A person with wisdom could discern which was for them and which is for all.

But who would dare try to prevent all men learning from the teachings of Jesus?
    And by whose authority?

NH.
    I guess you lack wisdom?

NickHassan
    Participant

Perhaps CO,
    But I know where is is to be found and how it is to be treated.

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    You are the champion of following Jesus, and you don't know what He says? I can see now why you are totally confused when it comes to understanding scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Sigh.
    It is increasingly plain why most christian websites ban universalists.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………..name some who don't allow people to speak of GOD saving all ultimately. I don't know of any, But a am not as verse on wed sites as you might be.

peace and love…………………gene

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 21 2009,16:38)
    Hi,
    Sigh.
    It is increasingly plain why most christian websites ban universalists.

NH.
    Yes it is, they usually ban us because they can make no case scriptually against it!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It is not my personal opinion that it should be banned but I do think this quite different view deserves a section of it's own in the nonbelievers section.

meerkat
    Participant

Sorry Nick

I am a believer in Jesus Christ and God, and chosen and Gene and Jodi are also believers, so why are you trying to say that a christian belief in universal salvation is about disbelief?

That would be like saying that either trinitarians or non-trinitarians belong in the nonbelievers section.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    The Philosophy of universalism does not offer the saving opportunity from God's wrath to sinful men but instead offers a false hope that all are to be saved. By scriptural abuse it incorrectly aligns scripture in support of miscontrued verses written by Paul to those who have alteady passed from death to life, elevating Paul's role and denigrating his Lord, Jesus Christ.

It is death to those who grasp it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….who says it offers salvation with out correction and intense Judgements , thats your perverted view of salvation , you think that you and just a few are saved and the rest of GOD Creation is condemned , you fear mongering religion is as false as anything ever taught by anyone who believes God will ultimately save ALL. You hate it because it offers other the same thing you think you have and thats the real reason you hate the idea of GOD ultimate salvation for all. You can't position yourself over anyone because they shall be saved Just as you think you are , and you hate that, right Nick.

love and peace………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    No but because we should teach what is written.
    God has never said all men will be saved.

But all must repent as the day of judgement is coming

Acts 17
    30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,601 through 1,620 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account