Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    So we who have heard the Son of God and cannot claim ignorance nonetheless deserve that excuse and all men will be saved? Jesus preached to those who did not even have the law.

meerkat
    Participant

Yes, Jesus preached the good news to all – those with the law and those without the law – his preaching of the the good news was his death and resurrection – it is the act which is the good news not him using words to tell us. We use words to explain “the good news”

Do you want an excuse? for what? to sin? We are told that just because grace will abound that it is not an excuse to sin

Romans 5:17 – 6:7

Those that are dead to sin have passed from death and destruction to life – but we are also told that the many that were made sinners by one mans disobedience (Adam) will be made righteous by one man (Jesus)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Many,
    not all.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2009,13:13)
    Hi MK,
    Many,
    not all.

only many, not all, were made sinners?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2009,11:13)
    Hi MK,
    Many,
    not all.

NH.
    To correct this, all means all.

Ro.5:18 … Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just award for all mankind for life's justifying.

Nick, one must not change scripture! See Rev.22:19 Beware!

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Jan. 12 2009,11:42)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2009,13:13)
    Hi MK,
    Many,
    not all.

only many, not all, were made sinners?

Hi Meerkat.
    A very good example. I enjoy your posts, keep up the good work, don't let Nick get you down.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    You say
    “Those that are dead to sin have passed from death and destruction to life – but we are also told that the many that were made sinners by one mans disobedience (Adam) will be made righteous by one man (Jesus) “

Rom6
    2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

So those who have repented and been baptised have passed from death to life and are dead to sin.

Rom5
    Romans 5:17
    For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

So the abundance of grace is available to those reborn into Christ.
    Nothing to do with God deciding to save all men.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Interesting the man that said how shall we live any longer in sin, also said the good i would do i don't but the evil i wouldn't do that i Do, O wretched man that i am, who can deliver me from this body of death. So then except by the GRACE of GOD through Jesus Christ Paul won't be there either right, according to your teaching . Christ's sacrifice was not good enough for (ALL) but it was OK for Paul who still done evil?. Interesting religion you teach , a selective one at best. You need to quite trying to Make God a respecter of persons, if the rest of man kind doesn't make your not either. So my suggestion would be , being you believe in a literal Lake of FIRE to go out and by yourself a good fire retardant suite and get ready for the plunge.

peace and love to you brother………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Could you clarify your thoughts here.
    They seem a bit jumbled.

Why bless from one side of your mouth and curse with the other?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    I see.

So Paul still sinned after salvation you you logically deduce that all who are still in their sins will be saved. That does not fit with what is written as usual. All still do sin but there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. We have an advocate with the Father, our Lord Jesus, but those outside of him do not have his advocacy.

It is hoped they do not die in their sins as after death for men is judgement.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………right i hope and believe (All) will be Saved ultimately, I don't want no one to parish not even a single soul. I also believe the FATHER doesn't either. And he has the power to bring it about and has expressed that is His desire and Will for all Man kind. So i believe Nick we should alien our thinking with his and become emissaries of Mercy not of wrath and condemnation. Lets be like Jesus was and try to give Hope to the lost and weak and despised. Jesus had no problem with the average person, it was the religious Pharisees that were the problem not the average person. Jesus healed their sicknesses and encouraged them had grat compassion on them, so should we also.We need to be like our Master and Brother.

love and peace to you……………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    We should do as we are told.
    We are told to preach the kingdom of God.
    The gospel gives hope to those who can accept it.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..if you do as you were told, then teach the (GOSPEL) the (GOOD NEWS) of the Kingdom of GOD. Cause men to desire it not dread it because of fear of eternal torment of some kind, and using as some kind of threat over people. It's the GOODNESS of GOD that leads us to repent not the FEAR of HIM. Brethren you have not come to that mountain burning and quaking to fear as (they did), but to the city who's builder and maker is GOD, and again “for you have (NOT) received the Spirit of (FEAR) but of POWER and of a SOUND MIND”. Let's be teachers of Hope, deliverance and mercy, holding up the weak and gathering the despised and those who have been dispersed. Let be like our teacher was showing kindness and mercy to all, servants of HOPE.

peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    We do not sweeten the message for the sake of sensibilities.
    God is calling some people and we must not be found as deceivers.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..are you accusing me of deceiving, anyone. if so prove it, don't just mouth it off. Or that makes you a false accuser.

peace…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You do not mouth the words of the Master but often oppose them.
    Who could have deceived you?

2Cor11
    2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 13 2009,06:57)
    GB,
    We do not sweeten the message for the sake of sensibilities.
    God is calling some people and we must not be found as deceivers.

In another post you said God through Christ is drawing (all) now you say that he is only calling (some)

Christ said he would draw all, but we are also told each in there own order, all will be called but not at the same time.

Nick the gospel is good news, that is what gospel means – good news. Jesus overcame death for all, not just some.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    All are drawn but none forced.
    Indeed the gospel is good news but only to those who listen.
    Jn3
    15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
    19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Those who choose to refuse this message can bring condemnation on themselves.

chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    That message was to Israel, Matt.15:24 & Ro.15:8. Believe what is written, forget about your non-biblcal, heretical, false teaching of “one eternal gospel for all”.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    We love that message.
    Is that wrong?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account