Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Some confuse mercy with forgiveness.
    They are not the same.

Tiffany
    Participant

Boy, are you confused!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So God has never said He grants forgiveness to all men.
    But all have sinned.

Tiffany
    Participant

Nick

No, he did not say that because he knows not every one will ask for forgiveness.
    And yes, all have sinned.
    It is his willingness to forgive us for Christs sake, not ours, that I see as being merciful to us who don't deserve it.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Quite so georg,
    Sad that some are deluded into not seeking that mercy.

chosenone
    Participant

2Cor.5:17-19 …17 So that, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: the primitive passed by. Lo! there has come new!
    18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.

God has conciliated “THE WORLD” to Himself. Why are some so determined that Christs death and resurrection was not sufficient to pay our debt? (for our sin) Notice in the posted scripture “NOT RECKONING OUR OFFENCES TO US”. Is this not clear enough? We have been “conciliated to God”. God sees our sin no more!
    God has “conciliated us to Himself” through Christ. In the future (His Timeing) He will “reconciliate” all, God will be “All in all”.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Exactly CO,
    You need to partake of the reconciliation offered in Christ.
    Paul told the saved they were so blessed and to share that blessed gospel of the kingdom with others.

Tiffany
    Participant

chosenone

Rom 4:8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Notice, Paul did not say, all men; there obviously are conditions to receive that blessing.

Rom 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
    Rom 4:7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

Does God forgive anyone sins just like that?

Rom 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
    Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

It is our faith that brings about our righteousness and God's forgiveness. But it is evident that not all believe, have faith; God can not forgive them until they have a change of heart, and repent.

Georg

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Georg……All in their time, as Chosenone said, But God who gives FAITH and REPENTANCE, And His LOVE in OUR HEARTS and Desires (ALL) to be SAVED can and will save all in time. Jesus plainly said all things are (POSSIBLE) with GOD. Nothing is impossible for Him. But some preach not a God of LOVE,and Mercy, but a GOD of Hate and favoritism and a God of respecter of persons, contrary to scripture. They think the fear of GOD leads to repentance, Not knowing its the Goodness of God that leads us to repentance.

peace and love to you and Irene…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So all will repent?
    Bending the knee is not repentance.

God is the Potter and some are for the fire.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2009,07:05)
    GB,
    So all will repent?
    Bending the knee is not repentance.

God is the Potter and some are for the fire.

Nick

Bending the knee is what happens when you repent ……..

That unto me every knee
    berek (beh'-rek)
    a knee — knee.shall bow
    kara` (kaw-rah')
    to bend the knee; by implication, to sink, to prostrate — bow (down, self), bring down (low), cast down, couch, fall, feeble, kneeling, sink, smite (stoop) down, subdue, very.

repent = G3340
    μετανοέω
    metanoeō
    met-an-o-eh'-o
    From G3326 and G3539; to think differently or afterwards, that is, reconsider (morally to feel compunction): – repent.

Also humble = G5013
    ταπεινόω
    tapeinoō
    tap-i-no'-o
    From G5011; to depress; figuratively to humiliate (in condition or heart): – abase, bring low, humble (self).

bowing and humility are the same concept which is opposite of pride

bowing and bending the knee is being submissive and humble – repenting is thinking differently –

God resists the proud and will bring the proud down (humble them) the proud need to think differently – they need to submit – God gives grace to the humble, so when all have bowed the knee they will receive God's grace.

All are for the fire – fire is judgement and chastening – God chastens all – disciplines all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Submission, obesience , even worship yes

Repentance?
    No.

Genesis 41:43
    He had him ride in his second chariot; and they proclaimed before him, “Bow the knee!” And he set him over all the land of Egypt.

1 Kings 19:18
    ” Yet I will leave 7,000 in Israel, all the knees that have not bowed to Baal and every mouth that has not kissed him.”

Psalm 95:6
    Come, let us worship and bow down,Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.

Isaiah 45:23
    ” I have sworn by Myself,The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousnessAnd will not turn back,That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance.

The survivors of the nations will bend the knee for a while till they try to shake off the fetters of service to God and His Son.
    Ps2
    Psalm 2
    1Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

3Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

5Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

6Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

7I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

8Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

9Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

10Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

11Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi mK,
    God chastens His sons.
    Heb12
    5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

God does not recognise all men as His sons.
    Some are sons of the devil.
    You must be born again.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Spiritual discipline is for disciples of Jesus.

We must all repent lest we perish.
    Lk13
    1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

5I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Judgement awaits all natural men after death.
    Hebrews 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

God demands that all repent.
    Acts 17
    30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

meerkat
    Participant

God gives grace to the humble

meerkat
    Participant

In Luke Jesus was telling the Jews to repent otherwise they would perish – which they did as a nation when they did not turn from there evil ways and crucified him ……….. 70AD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    If the nation had repented would the destruction of 70ad not have happened?

God gives grace to the humble but not all are humble.
    Obesience to a great King is commonsense, not repentance.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Jesus pointed out the loss of life by sinners does not point to them being greater sinners than others.
    But death is the end of opportunities for repentance for all and then comes the judgement.
    All must repent and seek salvation while today is still today as tomorrow is not promised.
    And all men outside of Christ need beware the ability of Satan to strike them down.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2009,09:21)
    Hi MK,
    If the nation had repented would the destruction of 70ad not have happened?

God gives grace to the humble but not all are humble.
    Obesience to a great King is commonsense, not repentance.

If the nation had repented ……… yes 70 AD would not have happened but they didn't ………. so they were punished ……….

God says that all will be humble ….. all will be subdued, that is the point of adversity ……… but each in their own order ………..

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Yes once God has judged mankind through Jesus and cast the unrepentant wicked rebels into the fire prepared for the devil and his angels then God will be in all. The meek will have inherited the earth.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,501 through 1,520 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account