Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,05:47)
    GB,
    So you understand many things that others do not?

Nick………and quite trying to lead me into some wrong thing to say, AS i told you the Spirit understand the deep things, even of your motives.

gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So you have the Spirit and so you get deeper understandings than we do?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..when did i say i have any more deeper understanding then anyone here, as far as who has deeper understanding, I'll let God be the Judge of that, seeing He gives it. I am really sorry you feel that way Nick, it's not the way I feel at all. Nick i just post about things the way i understand them, I am no better then anyone else here. I don't have all knowledge and all understanding, the only one that has that is the HEAVENLY FATHER HIMSELF. He gives some more then others but it for the (EDIFICATION) of the BODY of CHRIST. NOT for SELF EXULTATION . In fact the more God gives us the more we should be humbled by it.

love and peace to you and yours ………………….gene

love to you and yours……………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So why can you not listen to others?
    You should not rather teach that God will do what He has not said He will do.

He never says he will save all men so you should not either.

meerkat
    Participant

Nick

God has said “he is the saviour of all men, especially of believers”

That means all are saved, and especially believers – and that is because believers are also saved from wrath.

When you see the word saved you always think it relates to eternal, spiritual life, whereas it can mean saved from wrath, saved from judgement like the christians when they escaped the physical judgement in 70AD against the Jews.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Jesus never said anything like that so I think you have misinterpreted Paul's teachings to the saved.
    Jesus is our rabbi and teacher and we rely on him.

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks for your post, Gene. I started to post earlier and then got distracted…. But your post really does show the heart of the man behind them.

Your posts are backed up by your interpretation of scripture, which for the most part, I agree with (as do others).

As far as the comment: You should not rather teach that God will do what he has not said he will do. That is up for interpretation of the scriptures. The man who wrote it obviously does not share your interpretation, nor does he think there is any other interpretation other than his own – obviously.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,10:20)
    Hi MK,
    Jesus never said anything like that so I think you have misinterpreted Paul's teachings to the saved.
    Jesus is our rabbi and teacher and we rely on him.

Nick,

The teachings of Jesus when he was referring to wrath was in the context of the unbelieving pharisees who were going to get wrath because they did not believe Jesus – the prostitutes and publicans were going to go into heaven ahead of them – the pharisees had every advantage of being in positions of religious authority and they were abusing it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    So we can freely pick and choose from his teachings?
    We can set our own contexts and accept what suits?

You think he stated the pharisees are going to heaven? Where?

It seems Jn 3 speaks of folk REMAINING under wrath if they did not believe in the one God sent but that only applies to the pharisees even though they are not mentioned in that context?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 22 2008,08:14)
    Nick

That means all are saved, and especially believers –  and that is because believers are also saved from wrath.

When you see the word saved you always think it relates to eternal, spiritual life, whereas it can mean saved from wrath, saved from judgement like the christians when they escaped the physical judgement in 70AD against the Jews.

Yes, I agree with you Meerkat. Jesus also agrees with you! :;):

It is God's pleasure to save his children – especially those who are believing children. As a parent, I would do the same. I would save all my children but take particular delight in the ones who were faithful and obedient to me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Satan is the father of some.
    Jesus said so and we should believe him

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,09:30)
    Hi not3,
    Satan is the father of some.
    Jesus said so and we should believe him

He probably was the father of the thief on the cross…but we saw what happened to that picture.

Do you think that Judas will burn in hell for doing what God predestined him to do? Was Satan Judas' father?

Did Jesus “lose” Judas as the bible says. This is in contradiction to the other verses that say no one can pluck them out of his hand. Which is true?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….So when Jesus said the publicans and prostitutes were going into the kingdom (AHEAD OF THEM) in you mind means the Pharisees aren't going at all. interesting Scripture disagrees with you on that < If i said some get to go in the house (BEFORE YOU) in you mind that means your are not to go in them. Nick you should not misdirect scripture to meet you ideologies.

And the Pharisee did remain under the wrath of God for the most Part 70 AD. and even on, What makes you think by that they are not going into the kingdom of God. How is it you compare that with the kingdom of GOD. That nation was not the Kingdom of God.

As far as Faith goes God can give them the Faith after the reservation as far as that goes. If he blinded them He can also open there understanding when ever He wants. Salvation is not about how we save ourselves , but How God Save us.

love …………….gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Dec. 22 2008,09:41)
    Salvation is not about how we save ourselves , but How God Save us.

Oh! This is such a relief! Thank you for these words, Gene. On that note, I'm going to go play in the snow.
    :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Satan is the father of the unrepentant ones.
    We must be born again into the family of God.

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 22 2008,11:25)

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 22 2008,08:14)
    Nick

That means all are saved, and especially believers – and that is because believers are also saved from wrath.

Yes, I agree with you Meerkat. Jesus also agrees with you! :;):

It is God's pleasure to save his children – especially those who are believing children. As a parent, I would do the same. I would save all my children but take particular delight in the ones who were faithful and obedient to me.

Yes ….. its a wonderful plan that God has!!!!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To All………if we don't (EDIFY) and (ENCOURAGE) WE ARE WORTHLESS TO THE KINGDOM OF GOD. Put this foremost in you mind specially in this day of FEAR and MYSTERY Religions, “FOR WE HAVE (NOT) RECEIVED THE SPIRIT OF (FEAR) BUT OF POWER AND A SOUND MIND. Don't be brought in subjection by no one here or anywhere else, we have (ONE GOD) who would have (ALL) SAVED. And is quite capable of doing it.

peace and love to you all, and have a wonderful holiday season……………..gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,10:01)
    Hi Not3,
    Satan is the father of the unrepentant ones.
    We must be born again into the family of God.

Did Jesus preach that he was born again?

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2008,11:15)
    Hi MK,
    So we can freely pick and choose from his teachings?
    We can set our own contexts and accept what suits?

You think he stated the pharisees are going to heaven? Where?

It seems Jn 3 speaks of folk REMAINING under wrath if they did not believe in the one God sent but that only applies to the pharisees even though they are not mentioned in that context?

Nick,

The wrath of God remains on those that do not believe, repent, have faith, be obedient – but once they do believe, have faith, are obedient, they are shown mercy. The purpose of wrath is to bring obedience.

That is why it says when the judgements of God are in the earth, all will learn righteousness.

Mercy is not shown to someone who has not repented.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MK,
    Where does it say all will repent and be reborn as sons so as to enter the kingdom?
    Where does it say all who have died will be raised in the millenium and LEARN righteousness?

The heathen who die before the millenium are not raised till 1000 years ahave passed.

“It is appointed for men once to die and then the judgement”

Viewing 20 posts - 1,241 through 1,260 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account