Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    I guess I'll have to give you an example of understanding simple English
    …EXAMPLE: If you recieved a letter from the local govenment that your neighbors house was going to be demolished, would you evacuate your house because you thought it was going to be demolished? I don't think you would be that stupid. This is an example that this letter was “FOR YOU”, but not “ABOUT YOU”. Simple?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You should really listen if the message is FOR YOU.
    Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom FOR YOU.

Listen to him.

Of course the deatils of the OT Law were never for you.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    So you would evacuate your home?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    The salvation message first taken to the Jews is FOR YOU.
    You said so.
    Why argue with yourself?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    In the example I gave, the letter was “for you”, but did you evacuate your Home? Obviously not, it was not “about you”. Simple? Yes, so it's no use continuing this topic until you get some English lessons.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Some of the matter Jesus spoke about are not for you but his gospel is. Listen to him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    If you found a letter addressed to you on the sidewalk it would be FOR YOU and you should open it and read it.

Of course it may be ABOUT something really important or ABOUT someone else or another boring subject but hey read it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Of course if you found such a message it could be written ABOUT you by a friend or an enemy but the subject matter written is less relevant than the address.

The gospel of the kingdom is FOR YOU

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Of course if you opened a letter that was FOR someone else as indicated by the address
    and it was ABOUT YOU well you were a fool to open it.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Not much use reasoning with someone who is unreasonable, I will end this debate.
    Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I am sure God will not give up offering you the gospel.
    It is FOR YOU.
    Not about you of course but FOR YOU.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 17 2008,12:13)
    Hi CO,
    I am sure God will not give up offering you the gospel.
    It is FOR YOU.
    Not about you of course but FOR YOU.

Nick.
    You're getting close, of course it is 'for me (us)'. But 'about' His “commission to the lost sheep of the house of Israel”.

Why do you resist His (Jesus) words?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Do you think when Jesus took the gospel, which is for you, to the Jews
    it somehow was no longer for you?

chosenone
    Participant

It never was for gentiles. See Matt.15:24. I believe Jesus' words.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Oct. 19 2008,12:26)
    It never was for gentiles.  See Matt.15:24.  I believe Jesus' words.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed.

chosenone
    Participant

Thanks, I will end this discussion.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    You said in another thread
    “”All scripture is for us, but not all scripture is about us”.

But now you say the gospel of Jesus is NOT FOR the gentiles.
    The gospel of Jesus is written.
    It is scripture.

So it must be FOR YOU

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..what do you do with where Paul said God would Judge mens hearts according to (HIS) Gospel? Seams Jesus had a gospel and so did Paul. Jesus was certainly anointed but he was not the only one anointed. God The Father is not limited to the man Jesus in what he can reveal and do. You seem to think He can only speak through Jesus and what any one else says doesn't represent GOD”S Words. God's revealing work is even going on to this day and its the same spirit that was working in Christ Jesus.

Jesus said when we pray we should ask God to lead us not into temptation, but James says God tempts no One , so who's right Jesus or James. The reason i gave this is i am curious as to what your response to this seemingly contradiction is. Maybe WJ and His 600 scholars can tell us if you can't.

And heres another one “it's harder for a rich man to go into the kingdom of Heaven then for a (CAMEL) to go through the eye of a needle”. Thats not harder, thats impossible. What you commit on that. Maybe GOD has let a lot of mistranslated wordings for the very purpose of corrupting the scriptures.

What do you do with where Peter completely misquotes the Psa 69:25 regarding Judas replacement, who gave him the authority to do that? The psalms he quoted says Let (their) habitation be desolate and let none dwell in (their) tents, but Peter takes liberty to change it to His Habitation. I believe Peter could do that through inspiration of the Holy Spirit, even if it was a misquote of scripture. Your limiting of God Spirit to Just Jesus i find is not scriptural. God can and Does Speak through many people Jesus even said that if we were put on trial for God word to not meditate on what we would say because God would speak through us when on trial. And said it would not be us speaking but GOD speaking.

peace to you…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    If you find what seem to be contradictions then you should not hold them high as some sort of evidence we should rather trust men than scripture but rather spend time prayerfully finding the answer.
    There is one
    Always

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………yes there is so what the answer? My point is that the words written do not always give us the correct understanding we must , ask, seek, and knock in order to get a correct (understanding). For instance the answer to the questions i ask are, as concerning the word Camel is this, the word for (rope) in Aramaic, which is the language Jesus and the Apostles spoke is the exact same word for (Camel) in Greek . Jesus was saying, its harder for a rope to go through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

When Jesus said in the lords prayer to ask God to not lead us into temptation is also an error , because in the Aramaic language it says (to not allow us to be tempted) so James was right God tempts no man, men are tempted from their selves.

Now as far as Peter misquoting Psalms, he had a right to do so under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit is the only answer that can be applied to it.

You say if you find what (seems to be) a contradiction , No nick there is no seem to be about it and guess what other (MEN) have found them out and spoke about them giving a correct (understanding). You say we should trust scripture rather then Men, what if God gave some men the right understanding, but your logic is to reject their God given understanding and apply (YOUR) Self perceived understanding and reject the understanding GOD has given to others, because it doesn't meet (YOUR) approval. In this you greatly error and cause, God is just as capable to give New as well as old understanding to whomsoever He choses. You are in no position at approve or disapprove what anyone is saying, you might agree or disagree with what someone is saying, but to condensed or judge that person you are in no position to do that. We do (NOT) stand or (FALL) before the judgement seat of NICK> IMO

said in love Nick…………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account