Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    malcolm ferris
    Participant

I think the balance is in understanding the purpose of Law. Without a punishment there is no enforceability to the Law.
    But what does a Law abiding citizen need to fear of the Law or its punishments?
    Of course none of us are of ourselves law-abiding citizens – it takes the spiritual rebirth of Christ in our hearts to make us
    citizens of His Kingdom wherein His obedience to the full Law has both paid our full penalty and
    by the Spirit of GOD enables us to remain not in our own righteousness but His imputed righteousness.
    As it says perfect Love casts out all fear, so the obedience of faith is not as a result of fear, rather awe and wonder.
    It is our Love for GOD our savior that constrains us to want to obey Him not out of fear but of Love.
    Whatever fear we have might lie in our fear of disappointing HIM, which fear is done away in the realization that HE accepts
    us as we are, so then, we do not conform to HIS WORD out of fear, we are conformed out of desire and despite our failings
    by HIS GRACE
    IMO:D

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 30 2008,03:54)
    Nick.
        Please quote what scripture you find that says, “the same gospel first to the Jews, then the same one to the nations.

Nick.
    Can't find the scripture? Yours is a man-made gospel?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    If seems amazing that you remain unfamiliar with the gospel of the kingdom first preached by Jesus to the Jews

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Sep. 30 2008,13:20)
    I think the balance is in understanding the purpose of Law. Without a punishment there is no enforceability to the Law.
    Of course none of us are of ourselves law-abiding citizens – it takes the spiritual rebirth of Christ in our hearts to make us
    citizens of His Kingdom wherein His obedience to the full Law has both paid our full penalty and
    by the Spirit of GOD enables us to remain not in our own righteousness but His imputed righteousness.
    As it says perfect Love casts out all fear, so the obedience of faith is not as a result of fear, rather awe and wonder.
    It is our Love for GOD our savior that constrains us to want to obey Him not out of fear but of Love.
    Whatever fear we have might lie in our fear of disappointing HIM, which fear is done away in the realization that HE accepts
    us as we are, so then, we do not conform to HIS WORD out of fear, we are conformed out of desire and despite our failings
    by HIS GRACE

malcolm ferris……..Amen you said it right.

No fear in Love, peace to you and yours……………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (malcolm ferris @ Sep. 30 2008,13:20)
    by HIS GRACE

Hi MF,
    Yes the same book of 1Jn says the sons of God do not sin, but says if we do we have an advocate to whom we can go.

Sin is in the yes of the beholder-GOD- and we know that God can and does overlook sin-love covers many sins.

Ps32
    1Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 30 2008,13:22)

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 30 2008,03:54)
    Nick.
        Please quote what scripture you find that says, “the same gospel first to the Jews, then the same one to the nations.

Nick.
        Can't find the scripture?  Yours is a man-made gospel?

Hi Nick:

I found it.

Rom 1:15 So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
    Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

chosenone
    Participant

Not the same gospel, Pauls gospel of Christ to the “nations” had an addition, to “complete the word of God”. (Col.1:25)

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 30 2008,13:41)
    Hi CO,
    If seems amazing that you remain unfamiliar with the gospel of the kingdom first preached by Jesus to the Jews

Nick.
    Yes, I'm waiting for you to give me that scripture that says that this same gospel is now preached to the gentiles.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I am surprised you would suggest we refuse the gospel of Jesus
    in favour of another you have built from a servants teachings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Christ continued the expostion of his teachings in Paul.

Galatians 2:20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 30 2008,17:08)
    Not the same gospel, Pauls gospel of Christ to the “nations” had an addition, to “complete the word of God”. (Col.1:25)

Blessings.

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the HOPE OF THE GOSPEL, WHICH YE HAVE HEARD, [and] WHICH WAS PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
    Col 1:24 ¶ Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
    Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767….your making an assumption that Paul is talking to people who will fall away , when in fact he is simply telling the difference between those who are truly converted and those who are not , the ones who are not will not continue in faith and will move away from the hope of the Gospel which they have heard.

Many hear the gospel and because of different reason fall away, Jesus plainly brought that out in the parable of the sower and the seed. But to imply those who are good ground who God has prepared are going to fall away is wrong. For unto you the kingdom of God has been given to know , but unto the rest in parables, even though they were glad to recieve it, and what do you do with ” He who has began a work in you shall see it unto completion. Again you seem to put a persons salvation in their own hands and eliminate GOD from the equation. I notice many here do that and all that do it seem to only rely on self works in order to be saved , they don't come right out and say it but it certainly is implied.

They take God's creative powers completely out of the picture. “They profess GOD, But deny the (POWER) there of.” interesting It's no wonder these people are so full of fear and trembling, they simple do not believe in the POWER of God. Mar 12:24 and Jesus Answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the (POWER) of GOD. Joh 1:12 but as many as received him, to them he gave ( POWER) to become Sons of GOD. Which were born not of blood nor of the (WILL) of the FLESH, nor of the (WILL) of MAN, but of GOD. Mans so-called free will has nothing to do with it. WE are saved by GOD and Him alone. IMO

peace………….gene.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So AS MANY AS RECEIVED HIM he gave power to become sons of God.
    The others?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……Thats right and those that recieve him are those He has foreordained and foreknew and predestined to be among the first to be saved out of man kind. Why are you always trying to put the choice of salvation back in the hands of man, don;t you realize you are robbing GOD when you do that. Man CAN NOT save himself by any of his (OWN) choices, Salvation is GOD WORK NOT MANS> Can't you get that? You present yourself as following GOD'S word then you should know that already. It's time for you to mature and Stand in FAITH IN THE POWER OF GOD . Even Jesus said He could do (NOTHING) by His self. It was the FATHER who was working in JESUS, “the Father in me , He doth the work”, cant you get it. Your or I contribute (NOTHING) to the salvation process it is a work of the FATHER ALONE by GRACE, (God's influencing on the heart) that saves us. Let give HIM the glory and credit he deserves.

peace to you and yours…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Indeed give God the glory He deserves.
    Respect His Word and do not teach beyond it.
    Servants submit to and obey the teachings of their master.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 01 2008,13:27)

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 30 2008,17:08)

Blessings.

Col 1:23  If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and [be] not moved away from the HOPE OF THE GOSPEL, WHICH YE HAVE HEARD, [and] WHICH WAS PREACHED TO EVERY CREATURE WHICH IS UNDER HEAVEN; whereof I Paul am made a minister;
    Col 1:24 ¶ Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:
    Col 1:25  Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Agreed, notice “to fullfil the word of God”. What does 'fullfil' mean?

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

1Cor.15:22 …For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Indeed all IN Christ shall be made alive and
    later all who are NOT also raised
    to face him as judge.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Oct. 01 2008,15:28)
    942767….your making an assumption that Paul is talking to people who will fall away , when in fact he is simply telling the difference between those who are truly converted and those who are not , the ones who are not will not continue in faith and will move away from the hope of the Gospel which they have heard.

Many hear the gospel and because of different reason fall away, Jesus plainly brought that out in the parable of the sower and the seed. But to imply those who are good ground who God has prepared are going to fall away is wrong. For unto you the kingdom of God has been given to know , but unto the rest in parables, even though they were glad to recieve it, and what do you do with ” He who has began a work in you shall see it unto completion.  Again you seem to put a persons salvation in their own hands and eliminate GOD from the equation. I notice many here do that and all that do it seem to only rely on self works in order to be saved , they don't come right out and say it but it certainly is implied.

They take God's creative powers completely out of the picture. “They profess GOD, But deny the (POWER) there of.” interesting It's no wonder these people are so full of fear and trembling, they simple do not believe in the POWER of God. Mar 12:24 and Jesus Answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the (POWER) of GOD. Joh 1:12 but as many as received him, to them he gave ( POWER) to become Sons of GOD. Which were born not of blood nor of the (WILL) of the FLESH, nor of the (WILL) of MAN, but of GOD. Mans so-called free will has nothing to do with it. WE are saved by GOD and Him alone. IMO

peace………….gene.

Hi Gene:

One can only “continue in the faith” if one is in the faith.

I am not taking God out of the equation.  It is Him who I am obeying.  If a person does not repent, that means that they are still practicing sin.

Luk 13:1 ¶ There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
    Luk 13:2  And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
    Luk 13:3  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
    Luk 13:4  Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
    Luk 13:5  I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

2Pe 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance

The goodness of God leads us to repentance, but it is up to us to repent.

God Bless

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Isaiah 46:8-11,  …Saying, All My councel shall be confirmed, and ALL MY DESIRE WILL I DO.
    …Indeed, I speak! Indeed, I will bring it about.  I formed, Indeed, I will do it.

Is God not able to do all he “desires”?  Is mans so-called “free will” more powerfull than Gods will?

Kipchuk
    You wrote this at the beginning of this topic.
    Good question
    Is GOD not able to do all HE desires?
    He certainly is.
    If GOD chose in HIS good pleasure to give man a choice, has he now lost any such ability?
    I don't see how!
    It was HIS good pleasure according to HIS own desire to say “choose this day who you will serve”
    If we don't choose HIM does that diminish HIM or hinder HIS plan in any way?
    Is mans so-called “free will” more powerful than Gods will?
    I can't see how it would be. All that are HIS will come, not against their will, but they shall come gladly.
    GOD knows this, HE knew this before HE ever set it in motion.
    HIS sheep hear HIS voice. If they cannot hear why is that?
    They are not HIS sheep, they are not HIS children
    They are OF their father the Devil and so of course they refuse to hear GOD.
    IMO

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account