Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

To all….Show me (ONE) Human being that GOD said he would be thrown into a LITERAL Lake of Fire and be burned for all eternity screaming out into all eternity. Please show me where the GOD of LOVE and MERCY and POWER to CONVERT PEOPLE and TRANSFORM their THINKING is GOING to do that.

peace to all………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    None say that,
    But the lake of fire awaits the goats.
    Designed for the devil and his angels it can destroy body and soul.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 29 2008,14:08)
    To all….Show me (ONE) Human being that GOD said he would be thrown into a LITERAL Lake of Fire and be burned for all eternity screaming out into all eternity. Please show me where the GOD of LOVE and MERCY and POWER to CONVERT PEOPLE and TRANSFORM their THINKING is GOING to do that.

peace to all………….gene

Hi Gene:

If you want to keep people from being destroyed preach the truth and stop encouraging them to continue in their sin. No one has to be destroyed in the lake of fire. God has made a way to escape that through His Son and His Christ, Jesus.

Neither God nor I nor you would like to see anyone be destroyed, and therefore God states that He is not willing that any man should perish but that all may come to repentance.

And so, that is why we preach the gospel.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 29 2008,14:08)

peace to all………….gene

GB,
    You say this.

“To all….Show me (ONE) Human being that GOD said he would be thrown into a LITERAL Lake of Fire and be burned for all eternity screaming out into all eternity. Please show me where the GOD of LOVE and MERCY and POWER to CONVERT PEOPLE and TRANSFORM their THINKING is GOING to do that.”

Then in another thread say

” The fearful and unbelieving will have their part in the lake of Fire, so if i were you i would be careful which fire you assign others to. “

So is the fire LITERAL or not?
    Why threaten with what you do not think is literal?

NickHassan
    Participant

quite so 94

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 29 2008,12:52)
    Hi CO,
    Mt 15

24But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

I love this verse.
    God sent him to his chosen people.
    Those beautiful words continue to bless men all over the world.

Nick.
    Strange logic, now I understand why you are confused.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    No confusion.

One gospel of the kingdom taken first to the Jews.

Those words will never pass away

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Please quote what scripture you find that says, “the same gospel first to the Jews, then the same one to the nations.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….The lake of fire is (NOT) a LITERAL Fire how many times have i stated that, It's you who see it that way not me. God will cast the (fearful and unbelieving ) in the lakes of fire (intense judgement) Not a literal fire. And the same with your Goats (NATIONS) not people, those nation will cease to be a Nation any longer because their governments pray on there people they are not considered as caring and giving nations. The story is about (NATIONS) not individual people as you make it out to be. I am not saying that people can not be judged from that perspective, but the story is about the (NATIONS) not individual people in those nations. You need to try to keep things in context as to whats being talked about.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 29 2008,14:41)
    Hi Gene:

If you want to keep people from being destroyed preach the truth and stop encouraging them to continue in their sin.  No one has to be destroyed in the lake of fire.  God has made a way to escape that through His Son and His Christ, Jesus.

Neither God nor I nor you would like to see anyone be destroyed, and therefore God states that He is not willing that any man should perish but that all may come to repentance.

942767…..show me where i encourage anyone to continue in their sins. Because i quote scripture that shows how God can save anyone does not mean i encourage sin, if it is fear that keep you from sinning then you are (NOT) converted at all, and you are not being perfected in LOVE , but trying to make it thought the operation of fear and that will never change your heart as Paul plainly brought out in Romans and Galatians. The gospel of fear that you and Nick preach is totally against scripture and does far more harm then either of you know. “For nothing is perfect through fear” and again Love cast (OUT) fear, not cast in fear, and again but you have (NOT) come to that mountain to fear as they did, and again “For we have (NOT) received the spirit of (FEAR) but of power and a sound mind.

If you or Nick think that giving hope from scripture to people with problems in their lives is telling them to continue in sin, you and Nick are grossly mistaking. No one here is telling anyone to continue in sin God forbid. As Paul would say who are we to continue in sin if we have died to it. No one is saying GRACE is License to Sin at least i am not. I find being accused of that insulting.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 30 2008,03:54)
    Nick.
        Please quote what scripture you find that says, “the same gospel first to the Jews, then the same one to the nations.

Hi CO,
    Did you think there were several gospels of the kingdom?
    No only one.
    New gospels are anathema. [Gal1]

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Still no scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    WE do not use scripture but it uses us.

It teaches us about the mission of Jesus to preach the gospel of the kingdom.
    Those everlasting words still bring men to Christ through his obedient servants.

Surely you have heard this gospel?

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 30 2008,04:26)

Quote (942767 @ Sep. 29 2008,14:41)
    Hi Gene:

If you want to keep people from being destroyed preach the truth and stop encouraging them to continue in their sin.  No one has to be destroyed in the lake of fire.  God has made a way to escape that through His Son and His Christ, Jesus.

942767…..show me where i encourage anyone to continue in their sins. Because i quote scripture that shows how God can save anyone does not mean i encourage sin, if it is fear that keep you from sinning then you are (NOT) converted at all, and you are not being perfected in LOVE , but trying to make it thought the operation of fear and that will never change your heart as Paul plainly brought out in Romans and Galatians. The gospel of fear that you and Nick preach is totally against scripture and does far more harm then either of you know. “For nothing is perfect through fear” and again Love cast (OUT) fear, not cast in fear, and again but you have (NOT) come to that mountain to fear as they did, and again “For we have (NOT) received the spirit of (FEAR) but of power and a sound mind.

If you  or Nick think that giving hope from scripture to people with problems in their lives is telling them to continue in sin, you and Nick are grossly mistaking. No one here is telling anyone to continue in sin God forbid. As Paul would say who are we to continue in sin if we have died to it. No one is saying GRACE is License to Sin at least i am not. I find being accused of that insulting.

Hi Gene:

Your doctrine of “universal salvation” may encourage people to continue in their sins.

I am not trying to insult you. It is just the way that what you teach comes accross to me.

Anyway, both you and I are responsible to God for what we teach. I want the very best that God has to offer for you and your family.

God Bless

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…..People who have fear based religions are not made right in Love, I have quoted over and over scriptures that show that. Tell me if you love GOD the Father and truly seek to please Him as Jesus did and Had His Spirit in you, How could you think it OK to go around sinning then. I don't need fear to make me not want to sin, the GRACE of GOD does that, even if i sin I am not fearful of the consequences of my sin on me, But feel i have let the Father down by sinning and feel convicted about it and remorse set in and i go an confess it to The Father and He forgives me and Cleanses me from that sin , Fear has nothing to do with it. I know the Father Loves me He has shown me that many times in my life and i know He and can remove (ALL) unrighteousness from me if I just ask for the Help. What does fear got to do with being made right?. Thats the way it works with the CARNAL MINDED Israelites in the old covenant, It does not work that way in the New Covenant. “For we have (NOT) received the Spirit to FEAR, but of power and a sound mind”. If anyone has to have fear to stop them from sining then they are not of the New Covenant but still under the OLD. “Be you perfect as your Father in heaven is” , and again, (NOTHING) is PERFECTED in or through FEAR”. Think about it, 942767 .

peace to you and yours……………..gene

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 30 2008,10:51)
    942767…..People who have fear based religions are not made right in Love, I have quoted over and over scriptures that show that. Tell me if you love GOD the Father and truly seek to please Him as Jesus did and Had His Spirit in you, How could you think it OK to go around sinning then. I don't need fear to make me not want to sin, the GRACE of GOD does that, even if i sin I am not fearful of the consequences of my sin on me, But feel i have let the Father down by sinning and feel convicted about it and remorse set in and i go an confess it to The Father and He forgives me and Cleanses me from that sin , Fear has nothing to do with it. I know the Father Loves me He has shown me that many times in my life and i know He and can remove (ALL) unrighteousness from me if I just ask for the Help.  What does fear got to do with being made right?. Thats the way it works with the CARNAL MINDED Israelites in the old covenant, It does not work that way in the New Covenant. “For we have (NOT) received the Spirit to FEAR, but of power and a sound mind”.  If anyone has to have fear to stop them from sining then they are not of the New Covenant but still under the OLD. “Be you perfect as your Father in heaven is” , and again, (NOTHING) is PERFECTED in or through FEAR”. Think about it, 942767 .

peace to you and yours……………..gene

Hi Gene:

I obey God because I love him and appreciate what he has done for me. There is no reason for anyone who is obeying his commandments to fear. If we make a mistakes and we all make them, there is mercy when we ask for forgiveness. I have found my Father to be exteremely merciful.

But He was angry with me at one point in time in my walk with Him, and I tell you the truth when I say I don't want Him angry with me, and someone who is practicing sin wilfully after having the knowledge of the truth needs to be warned. If I do not warn someone who falls in this category, the blood is on my hands. The reason I will tell them the truth is because I love them and I don't want them to be destroyed.

I notice that you agree with Chosenone on many occasions. He said we did not have to repent to be saved. Do you agree with him on this?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767…..Repentance is the result of being saved, You don't repent and then are saved , the saving act of GRACE gives you repentence or change of the way you think, you don't do it first , you do it after you are convected by God's spirit. When Peter preached on the day of Pentecost, (AFTER) the SPIRIT feel on them they were pricked in their hearts, notice it was (AFTER) not before. Then they said men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of GOD. Many get that backward God GRACE causes us to repent or change the way we think. I believe that what Chosenone meant.

love and peace to you and yours…………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Something to conceder…….if you were going to have an operation on your heart , would you want a Doctor who was fearful and trembling to be cutting on you, or would you want a stead no fearful and trembling Doctor who know what he was doing too. think about it.

NOTHING IS PERFECTED IN FEAR.

love and peace to all………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Indeed we do not have the spirit of fear,
    but we follow Jesus in the Spirit of God.

Is11
    1And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

3And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 30 2008,11:45)
    942767…..Repentance is the result of being saved, You don't repent and then are saved , the saving act of GRACE gives you repentence or change of the way you think, you don't do it first , you do it after you are convected by God's spirit. When Peter preached on the day of Pentecost, (AFTER) the SPIRIT feel on them they were pricked in their hearts, notice it was (AFTER) not before. Then they said men and brethren what shall we do seeing we have put to death the son of GOD. Many get that backward God GRACE causes us to repent or change the way we think. I believe that what Chosenone meant.

love and peace to you and yours…………….gene

Hi Gene:

You are not saved just because your are convicted.  When those to whom the Apostle Peter preached in Acts 2 believed.  They asked him “what shall we do”.  Peter then said “Repent and be baptized for the remission of your sins and you shall receive the gift of Holy Ghost”.

The Epistle of James states:

Jam 2:17  Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
    Jam 2:18  Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
    Jam 2:19  Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The message that Jesus preached was:

Mat 4:16  The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
    Mat 4:17  From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

God Bless

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account