Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Jesus and those in him preached one kingdom.
    Luke 8:1
    And it came to pass afterward, that he went throughout every city and village, preaching and shewing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God: and the twelve were with him,

Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 20:25
    And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Acts 28:31
    Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767.
    Thanks for your reply, I respect your opinion.
    Blessings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone…….I agree with what you have said, epically that God will ultimately save all. I hope you will continue to post Here, I know your frustrations here.

Peace to you and yours brother…………….gene

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Gene, thanks for the kind words. As you already know, not many agree with our view of what scripture says. But the truth is not always meant to be easy. Christ was crucified because of His teachings, and Paul was beaten and thrown in jail numerous times for his teachings. Stephen was stoned to death, and most of Christs apostles were murdered as well. We are blessed to be able to give our views and only be chastised on the internet.
    Yes, I will post here at times, and try not to be rude as I may have in the past, and will try to be unjudgemental.

Thanks again, God Bless.

Jerry.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Popularity or unpopularity is not strong evidence of veracity.
    There is a true gospel to be preached and doing otherwise is not advised..

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……the truth of God in this world is always resisted as Chosenone brought out, Most go along with the world religions and there teachings. Such as the trinity, devils and demons, preexistence of Jesus, a literal lake of fire, water baptisms, salvation of only a few and not all of mankind, and many more false teachings, “Christianity” has become totally Apostatized over the years. imo

chosenone
    Participant

Gene…well said, Amen to that.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    I agree some things are added by the apostate whore.

Why should you allegorise or remove what Jesus spoke of?

Why offer heroic scientists words and tell us Jesus was influenced by paganism?

You should not neither add to nor take from his teachings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ncik…Jesus was not influenced by Pagans the people were as it is today. It's the lack of understanding the truth thats was the problem now as it was then. We are not taking anything away from Jesus' words it your lack of understand what he was talking about thats the problem. Today the “Church” lies in total Apostate ruin. The first thing Jesus is going to do when He returns is get rid of the Lie that He is God HIMSELF, and that He preexisted as some super power. 2 Thes explains what he will first do. This will be a shock to all “Christianity”. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You mean the apostles who wrote his words down?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….whatever , the bible is full of errors and mistranslations, that why it takes the Spirit to understand it. It's not as easy and straight forward as some seem to think. In fact without God's Spirit you can't understand it. IMO

chosenone
    Participant

Gene, you are correct in saying bibles are full of error. Almost all “versions” are not translations, they are “interpertations”. Various writers, or group of writers, or scholars, when writing a 'version', write down what they believe a certain scripture means, not what it actually says in the original language. I find the “Concordant” version, which is a literal translation, word for word of the original, is the most acurate of any translation, it is a true translation, not an interpertation.

God Bless, Jerry.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Are the words attributed to Jesus not his words then?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….you would not know if they were or not in my opinion, It takes the SPIRIT of GOD to understand them, “they have ears to hear but hear not, eyes to see and see not., that should be you quest , not trying to say who GOD will save or not. Your limitations on GOD are from you mind not scripture or Jesus' words. For Christ died not for our sins only but for the sins of the whole world, And God has placed the sins of the whole world on Christ Jesus. But you say no He did not. You are not only against Christ but the Father also. You can try to limit what the FATHER can Do, but you are (ONLY A LITTLE) man, what gives you the right to limit GOD.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So were they not the true words of Jesus recorded
    or is your knowledge superior again?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Gene.
    Two separate posts toward you…
    GB,
    Are the words attributed to Jesus not his words then?

and

GB,
    So were they not the true words of Jesus recorded
    or is your knowledge superior again?

Both quotes from one who himself denies the words if “Jesus”

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I do not believe the bible is full of errors but is the revelation of God written through Spirit led men.
    We must trust it ahead of intellectual or philosophical ideas.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Sep. 24 2008,11:52)
    Nick….whatever , the bible is full of errors and mistranslations, that why it takes the Spirit to understand it. It's not as easy and straight forward as some seem to think. In fact without God's Spirit you can't understand it. IMO

Hi All,
    Please note carefully what is said here.

The integrity of the WORD OF GOD is being denigrated.

The foundation of our faith is the Word of God.

Without it all the faith of men is mere vapors.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….according to Mills there are over 30,000 grammatical errors in our present texts most very minor but some very major. Get the book misquoting Jesus and read it. You have made the bible your God and there in trust. But as Chosenone said You yourself do not believe what Jesus said as we have quoted what he said as well as others, and you have refused to believe it, so if i were you i would not be trying to denigrate others. We believe the word written with the proper understanding of them, that what you lack a proper understanding of the written words. You said the foundation of your FAITH is the words written in the text, the foundation of my FAITH is my relationship with the FATHER, He is my first love, as He was Jesus', not some book. If you really understood what Jesus said your faith would be like His in the Father. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account