Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 19 2008,18:45)
    Hi CO,
    Did you think the words to the saved in Corinth somehow apply to all men who have ever lived?
    They apply to the body of Christ and ALL men have not joined with him.  
    Get real dude.
    Context

Nick.
    Do you think the wodrs of Christ in the four gospels apply to all men that ever lived?
    They apply to Israel and ALL men aren't Israelites. (Matt.15:24)
    GET REAL DUDE.
    Context.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Would you limit the power of the gospel just because Jesus was sent to give the Israelites first option?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 07 2008,07:00)
    GB,
    All men must repent.
    Is it written that all men are given the grace of repentance?

Nick.
    You say “all men must repent”. I suppose then you believe that Christs sacrifice wasn't enough? What, in your opinion did His sacrifice do for us, if not “justify us”?
    Look at Peters words in Acts11:18 … to the nations also God gives repentance unto life!”
    Does this not mean anything to you? Are you blind to what scripture says. Read the whole chapter to get the correct “context” you always seem to dwell on, but seldom use it yourself.
    I hope this answers your question.

Blessings.

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 20 2008,06:29)

GB,
    All men must repent.

Nick.
        You say “all men must repent”.  I suppose then you believe that Christs sacrifice wasn't enough?  What, in your opinion did His sacrifice do for us, if not “justify us”?
        Look at Peters words in Acts11:18 … to the nations also God gives repentance unto life!”
        Does this not mean anything to you?  Are you blind to what scripture says.  Read the whole chapter to get the correct “context” you always seem to dwell on, but seldom  use it yourself.

Blessings.

Hi CO

Based on your theology, then why is their a judgment day? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    I am glad you now see scripture reads that all must repent.
    Do you think we should advise God of how He ministers his forgiveness?

There is no need as it is written and some remain under His wrath.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 20 2008,06:29)
    Hi CO,
    Would you limit the power of the gospel just because Jesus was sent to give the Israelites first option?

Nick.
    So, I guess that you don't believe His (Jesus') words in Matt.15:24. Should we take out our black marker and cross out this scripture with a note saying “Nick says this scripture is false”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Why try to limit God's use of the gospel of Jesus Christ?
    We cannot follow Paul or Peter or Apollos or you.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Sep. 20 2008,06:32)

GB,
    All men must repent.

Nick.
        You say “all men must repent”.  I suppose then you believe that Christs sacrifice wasn't enough?  What, in your opinion did His sacrifice do for us, if not “justify us”?
        Does this not mean anything to you?  Are you blind to what scripture says.  Read the whole chapter to get the correct “context” you always seem to dwell on, but seldom  use it yourself.

Blessings.

Hi CO

Hi WJ.
    Judgement day isn't to find if we are guilty or not, of course we are all “guilty”. But for the unbeliever…GOD HAS SWORN that He will win the worship of every knee and the acclaim of every tongue. Before His bema, or dais, all must come (Rom.14:11). This is in full accord with His purpose to reconcile all to Himself at the consummation (Col.1:20). Then, after the unbeliever has been judged and vivified, it will be fully accomplished. But those who believe will come to this blessed end long before, in the former resurrection, when Israel’s saints are raised, and, still earlier, when those of this secret administration are presented at the dais of Christ, and each gives an account of himself to God (Rom.14:12).
    Hitherto we have stressed the grand purpose of God to save and justify and vivify all mankind and finally reconcile the universe. It may be well in the future to press to the attention of all who love God and revel in His Word this still more precious and fundamental truth. Not only will all His creatures obtain blessing, but HE will be glorified by all. God Himselfis the great Beneficiary of His marvelous operations. I sincerely hope that even those who refuse to believe His plain declarations concerning the blessing of all His enemies, will not deny that He will get the worship of every knee and the acclamation of every tongue, for His oath is back of it.

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 20 2008,06:37)
    Hi CO,

Nick.
    You are the one trying to limit Gods words. You don't believe what Christ says, you just pick and choose the scriptures to suit your unrealistic views.
    We must use “ALL” scripture to understand His Word!

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    His words will not pass way.
    His words never lose their amazingpower.
    Do you not understand the message of God is for all men?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 20 2008,07:00)
    Hi Co,

Nick.
    You got part of it right. Yes, Gods message “IS FOR ALL MEN”. But all of Gods' word “IS NOT ABOUT US”, part for the “circumcision” and some for the “uncircumcision” and others for both. 2Tim.2:15 …we must correctly cut the word of truth.
    This part has really got you confused, hasn't it?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Context.
    Colosians is not written to the world but the saved.

It would be unwise to deny the need to preach repentance unto the kingdom
    for the sake of imaginary ideas-such as universal salvation philosophy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You should not demean the words of Jesus Christ and his kingdom.
    That kingdom is preached to all, jew and gentile.
    That kingdom is open to all men

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    It is unwise to oppose what scripture says!

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 20 2008,06:51)

GB,
    All men must repent.

Nick.

Blessings.

Hi CO

Hi WJ.
        Judgement day isn't to find if we are guilty or not, of course we are all “guilty”.   But for the unbeliever…GOD HAS SWORN that He will win the worship of every knee and the acclaim of every tongue. Before His bema, or dais, all must come (Rom.14:11). This is in full accord with His purpose to reconcile all to Himself at the consummation (Col.1:20). Then, after the unbeliever has been judged and vivified, it will be fully accomplished. But those who believe will come to this blessed end long before, in the former resurrection, when Israel’s saints are raised, and, still earlier, when those of this secret administration are presented at the dais of Christ, and each gives an account of himself to God (Rom.14:12).
    Hitherto we have stressed the grand purpose of God to save and justify and vivify all mankind and finally reconcile the universe. It may be well in the future to press to the attention of all who love God and revel in His Word this still more precious and fundamental truth. Not only will all His creatures obtain blessing, but HE will be glorified by all. God Himselfis the great Beneficiary of His marvelous operations. I sincerely hope that even those who refuse to believe His plain declarations concerning the blessing of all His enemies, will not deny that He will get the worship of every knee and the acclamation of every tongue, for His oath is back of it.

Blessings.

Hi CO

But this makes no sense.

If faith and repentance is a gift where man has no responsibility to believe or trust or follow then how can God judge those who believe not?

Why would there be a judgment day? Instead, if God does it all then why doesnt he just save all now?

WJ

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 20 2008,06:51)

GB,
    All men must repent.

Nick.

Blessings.

Hi CO

Hi WJ.
        Judgement day isn't to find if we are guilty or not, of course we are all “guilty”.   But for the unbeliever…GOD HAS SWORN that He will win the worship of every knee and the acclaim of every tongue. Before His bema, or dais, all must come (Rom.14:11). This is in full accord with His purpose to reconcile all to Himself at the consummation (Col.1:20). Then, after the unbeliever has been judged and vivified, it will be fully accomplished. But those who believe will come to this blessed end long before, in the former resurrection, when Israel’s saints are raised, and, still earlier, when those of this secret administration are presented at the dais of Christ, and each gives an account of himself to God (Rom.14:12).

Blessings.

Hi CO

BTW

Why don't you post your source or at least acknowedge these are not your words.

Your source is here!

This is called plagerism.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 20 2008,07:24)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 20 2008,07:00)
    Hi Co,

Nick.
        You got part of it right.  Yes, Gods message “IS FOR ALL MEN”.  But all of Gods' word “IS NOT ABOUT US”, part for the “circumcision” and some for the “uncircumcision” and others for both.  2Tim.2:15 …we must correctly cut the word of truth.
        This part has really got you confused, hasn't it?

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    No confusion. One gospel. One kingdom.

We are now one with God in Jesus.

Not all men of course as you must be born again.

Jew and gentile made one in the new circumcision of baptism.

Col2
    8Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

9For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

10And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

11In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Col3
    10And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Sep. 20 2008,06:56)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Sep. 20 2008,06:37)
    Hi CO,

Nick.
        You are the one trying to limit Gods words.  You don't believe what Christ says, you just pick and choose the scriptures to suit your unrealistic views.
        We must use “ALL” scripture to understand His Word!

Blessings.

Chosenone….Amen brother.

love and peace to you and yours…………….gene

chosenone
    Participant

Hi WJ.
    You say –
    Hi CO

But this makes no sense.

If faith and repentance is a gift where man has no responsibility to believe or trust or follow then how can God judge those who believe not?

Why would there be a judgment day? Instead, if God does it all then why doesnt he just save all now?

WJ

My answer. I believe that scripture says, “All is of God”. See 1.Cor.8:6 …nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is, and we for Him, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom all is, and we through Him.
    We are not a product of “earning” our salvation, for scripture says “All is of God”. We do not choose Him, He chooses us, see Eph.2:9-10 … For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present,
    9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting.
    10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them. Notice, “and this is not out of you”. We are saved by “Grace” though the faith of Christ Jesus (Ro.3:26).
    Other scriptures showing that “He” chooses us” Ro.8:33, Ro.11:7, Ro.9:11,Col.3:12, 2Tim.2:10, 1Peter.5:13, Mk.13:20.
    Why would there be a judgement day? Gods ways are not our ways, why did He have His Son crucified? Go through that terrible torture that ended in death? And why are some chosen first, and others later? I'm afraid I don't know, see the order of resurrection in 1Cor.15:20-28.

Hi CO

BTW

Why don't you post your source or at least acknowedge these are not your words.

Your source is here!

This is called plagerism.

WJ

Hi again JW.
    I do sometimes post from another source, I have published this webpage numerous times in the past, and at no time do I wish to deceive anyone. Why is it wrong to use others explanation that explains what I am refering to in a better way than I can. It explains what I am saying, but in a much clearer way! Is this wrong? I think not. Sorry if this offends you, but I believe others post from other sources at times.

Blessings.

PS. What does “plagerism” mean”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So if some are chosen
    some are not.

All are not chosen and the letters of Paul are not to the heathen but to those who have been chosen.

Should we dare to judge the ways of God to assess they are fair in our eyes?[Rom11]

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account