Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    TimothyVI
    Participant

The point that I was making was that there are obviously errors to be found in the bible,
    even if they are corrected in later versions. It is not wise to blindly believe every word that has
    been translated.

Tim

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Aug. 13 2008,21:42)
    The point that I was making was that there are obviously errors to be found in the bible,
    even if they are corrected in later versions. It is not wise to blindly believe every word that has
    been translated.

Tim

not errors per se, but rather interpretive differences and challenges do exist…. the Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy said it well:

Article X.

WE AFFIRM that inspiration, strictly speaking, applies only to the autographic text of Scripture, which in the providence of God can be ascertained from available manuscripts with great accuracy. We further affirm that copies and translations of Scripture are the Word of God to the extent that they faithfully represent the original.

WE DENY that any essential element of the Christian faith is affected by the absence of the autographs. We further deny that this absence renders the assertion of Biblical inerrancy invalid or irrelevant.”

blessings,
    Ken

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ken……to say there is no errors in out present text is not true, if you have a center margian in your bible ust look at all the errors and mistranslations shown there, do these errors tweak the text, i believe they do in places. A man Well Known Scholar Maned MILLS found over 30,000 grammatical error in the text and other scholars found thousands of them. But i believe that God Spirit will guide us through all of them and reveal the true meaning of the texts to us. We all have some disagreements here, but also Iron sharpens Iron, is true and we are learning from each other as God gives us more understanding. IMO

peace to you and yours…………gene

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Aug. 13 2008,21:39)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 13 2008,11:34)
    Hi Tim4,
    NASB says 22 in 2Chr22.2

You are right Nick.
    My trusty KJV and NKJV both say
    he was 42 years old.

Tim

theres your problem…you are using by far the worst translation of the bible :D

No error in those scriptures by the way…just translater misjudgement on the appropriate manuscript to use to translate those verses

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Aug. 14 2008,02:59)
    Ken……to say there is no errors in out present text is not true, if you have a center margian in your bible ust look at all the errors and mistranslations shown there, do these errors tweak the text, i believe they do in places. A man Well Known Scholar Maned MILLS found over 30,000 grammatical error in the text and other scholars found thousands of them. But i believe that God Spirit will guide us through all of them and reveal the true meaning of the texts to us. We all have some disagreements here, but also Iron sharpens Iron, is true and we are learning from each other as God gives us more understanding.  IMO

peace to you and yours…………gene

I think we should define “error”…grammatical errors are not what I am talking about…I'm talking about supposed errors that lead one to believe the bible is somehow contradicting and or out of harmony with itself…

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 13 2008,14:00)

Quote (dirtyknections @ Aug. 13 2008,08:33)

Quote (Shania @ Aug. 12 2008,16:58)
    {for what it's worth}

There may be errors in the Bible- here and there.  They, however, do not effect the whole message or “tenor” of scripture.  Use scripture to interpret scripture.  The clear passages interpret unclear ones.

If you run across something in scripture that goes against your doctrine, search it out.  Pray about it.  Research the Greek/Hebrew.  Look at the context and look at the rest of scripture to see how it fits.  It may not be an error.  I, personnally am really careful about not dismissing things as “error” very easily.  Could it be possible that we don't understand something?

Another thought:  if our Father is in control of EVERYTHING, do you think that He is aware of these things?  Do you think that He lets things happen for a reason?

The bible contains NO ERRORS…you show me an “error” and I will show you a reasonable explanation for the perceived “error”…

This is not directed at you Shania per se..but anyone who thinks the bible contains errors

Got yourself a book on how to debunk the errors of the bible, huh?   :;):   I'll look forward to hearing this…

Say, how's the new baby?

Love,
    Mandy

:D No book..only my mind..and good judgement/ discernment

The baby is fantastic by the way!!!

He is a greedy little fellow…very alert and strong…I really am enjoying this infant stage. It seems to fly by. I don't even remember my other two at this stage…it seems like one day they were born..and the next they were walking and talking..
    parenthood is a beautiful thing

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

DK…….Indeed parenthood is a wonderful thing and what you instill in them will be with them all there lives. Children are a blessing from GOD , while it can also bring sorrow it makes us all better loving and forgiving people.

May God bless you and your Children and family…………love………..gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Do enjoy my brother with your new born baby.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    Do you rely solely on the humanly selected manuscripts that form the KJV?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 14 2008,07:11)
    Hi Tim4,
    Do you rely solely on the humanly selected manuscripts that form the KJV?

Hi Nick,

No I don't.
    I know that translators have made errors in translating the original words to other languages. It is easy to say that my problem was using the KJV. But that was the only version that any of us had for centuries.
    I don’t know how anyone can maintain that there are no errors in the bible, and then admit that one version is different from another one.
    Which one is error free then?

In the case that I just posed it happens that the KJV was closer to correct than the nasb.
    In Kings the age is given in the Hebrew language as (oshrim u shthim), which means twenty and two.
    In 2 Chronicles the age is given in the original Hebrew language as (arboim u shthim) which means forty and two. Arboim is translated as forty over 130 times in the bible.
    So the error happened in the original texts.

Why do you suppose that subsequent versions of the bible chose to change the word forty to twenty. Could it have been to correct an obvious conflict in the innerant word.?

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hmmmm. Don't know why that ended up showing up twice.
    Anyway, my information comes from the Hebrew interlineary which
    shows the original words that are translated, and the Strongs concordence.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tim4,
    What do the jewish custodians say of this?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 14 2008,15:19)
    Hi tim4,
    What do the jewish custodians say of this?

What do the Jewish custodians say of Jesus?
    Do you place your faith in what they say?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    It would be intersting to know for despite their faults and thie myopic view they loved and did their best to preserve the sacred teachings.

NickHassan
    Participant
    NickHassan
    Participant
    NickHassan
    Participant

Anyway perhaps we should look at another thread.
    This thread is about the universalist heresy

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 15 2008,08:49)
    Anyway perhaps we should look at another thread.
    This thread is about the universalist heresy

Nick………the heresy is not universal salvation the heresy is that God is going to destroy His 90% of his children in a everlasting eternal hell Fire and watch them burn for all eternity, or some how we are going to save ourselves by our free will choices, that may friend is heresy. Not universal Salvation, which is the Will of the ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD> Who said He has concluded (ALL) under Sin in order that He may Have mercy on (ALL). YOU either believe it or not Your choice.

peace…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I'm sure this idea will attract many admirers.
    But the way is better longterm.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….i Am not worried about if it attracts any admirers or not. It the truth that counts no a popularity contest. Saying everyone will ultimately be saved (YET AS BY FIRE) is not an easy way my friend to be saved in fact , its a very difficult way to be saved. The intense Judgment of God is not a easy way in fact its a very difficult way. We are having the easiest way now and even that is not so easy is it, “for every son God relieves He chastens and scourges”, and again, “for you shall all be salted with FIRE'. In fact i don't think hardly anyone in this life is having it so easy. Its no cake walk for no body, IMO

peace…………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account