Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Test all things and hold fast to what is good.
    Love truth and hate what God hates-falsehood.

Men spawn a million false ways but we must follow Jesus

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother,
    I think you are warning me again and again I believe nothing can shake them who are in Christ Jesus and whose foundation is on rock but not on sand.
    Thanks for your concern for me.
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam……do not let fear mongers take control your mind, use the Spirit God has given you it will teach you, you have no need of anything else listen to the sound of the Spirit, I know you have it, don't get thrown off course by these false teachers who hold themselves up as (KNOWER'S) by acting like they Know scripture when in fact they don't. use the Spirit GOD has already given you, Listen to but don't by it, unless it has the ring of truth and you will know because you have the Spirit of truth already in you.

May God keep you and preserve you , love……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Do we USE the Spirit?
    Or does the Spirit use us?

This ring of truth sounds like carnality.
    Better to seek confirmation in what is written.

Sorry to tell you this, but Universalism is in the ranks of Anti-Christian. Universalism is firstly unjust:
    It would be unjust for God to let all in heaven, for some satanists hate God and the such.

To deny Hell will be to deny the bible:
    Matthew 7:21-23
    Matthew 5:18

There are many, many, many other verses that contradict the view of universalism.

Then what shall we say of the verses you have brought up?

The wording does not matter as much as the context.

You have ripped a verse out and presented it without showing the context, which if you do that you can end up with many things like, “There is no God!”

When it should be the Psalm of David- The fool has said in his heart there is no God.

Universalism is just quite frankly… impossible.

In Heaven we will love God, no?

I cannot tell you how many godless people in history there are. Forced love is an impossibility.

God has the ability to save anyone?

Yes, but he does not use universalism, for it is truly unjust.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome TaA,
    Yes it is a philosophy drawn up by those who do not know the soul of scripture
    -salvation for each man who repents and obeys.

It is totally anti-biblical, God wants everyone to be saved, but God decides to give us free will, so he can be just and loving. If you question my stance on this, you are questioning Theology and the Bible.

chosenone
    Participant

Eph.1:11 “God is operating ALL in accord of the councel of His Will”. What if our so-called free will is in conflict with Gods will? Whos' will prevail? The answer is obvious. Read the whole chapter, even the whole book so as to keep it in context. Maybe we should eliminate these verses from Scripture? There are many others that support “the salvation of all”.

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 14 2008,09:00)
    Sorry to tell you this, but Universalism is in the ranks of Anti-Christian. Universalism is firstly unjust:
    It would be unjust for God to let all in heaven, for some satanists hate God and the such.

To deny Hell will be to deny the bible:
    Matthew 7:21-23
    Matthew 5:18

There are many, many, many other verses that contradict the view of universalism.

Then what shall we say of the verses you have brought up?

The wording does not matter as much as the context.

You have ripped a verse out and presented it without showing the context, which if you do that you can end up with many things like, “There is no God!”

When it should be the Psalm of David- The fool has said in his heart there is no God.

Universalism is just quite frankly… impossible.

In Heaven we will love God, no?

I cannot tell you how many godless people in history there are. Forced love is an impossibility.

God has the ability to save anyone?

Yes, but he does not use universalism, for it is truly unjust.

Hi T&A,
    Now about taking words out of context, did you not know that the four gospels, are for the Jews ? See Matt.15:24 “I (Jesus), was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. The scriptures you used are for them, not about us.
    “ALL SCRIPTURE IS FOR US, BUT NOT ALL SCRIPTURE IS ABOUT US”.
    We must “correctly cut the word of truth”. (2Tim.2:15).

Blessings.

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen brother Jerry,
    Wonderful posts that stress on God's will not any human free will which can save us.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ,
    There is only one gospel.
    Four men wrote it but it was the same message from God through Jesus.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick. In another post I asked you for scripture that says “one eternal gospel for all”. You may have not read it yet, but let me ask you again for that scripture. I am anxious to read about it, saying as you keep repeating it, it should be very interesting.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It is plain you have not heard of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
    You need to know of it as it is the same as preached to the Jews and then the gentiles.

Shania
    Participant

We are Jews. We are adopted.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Theologian-and-Apologist @ July 15 2008,01:00)
    Forced love is an impossibility.

Amen! If love is not a choice, it is not love. Our God is not a manipulator.

Shania
    Participant

I have read many comments in this thread about those who do not believe in eternal salvation- that they are relying on their own strength to save themselves and are basing doctrine on fear.  A popular idea is that if man had a choice to follow or not, that would remove God's power to save him.  Let's look at this verse:

Matt 19:23-26

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”  

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”  
    NIV

You see, it is hard for a rich man to enter because all his needs are met and he is providing for himself.  He doesn't need a savior.  Here is an example of those in the church [shocker!!!!!] with this attitude:

Rev 3:17-20
    17 You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.
    19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent.
    NIV

So there is a way for this “rich” man, but it is through repentance.  The rebuke given to him is out of love. [Yes, God disciplines.  He is a good Father.  Punishment is not cruel; it is for our own good.  For our salvation.]

OK, so my point?

If God just saved everyone, why is it “hard” for a “rich man”?????  What hope does he have?  The only way that he can be saved is by the grace [favor] of our Father to discipline and rebuke him.  Then he can see how pathetic he is and humble and “buy” [this means that there is a cost] gold refined in fire.  How do we do this?  Repentance.  You see, it is His grace and mercy to make a way for us.  It is our choice to take it.  He warns us to repent.  He would not warn or command anything if we were just going to do it anyway.

Matt 19:23-26

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”  

25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, “Who then can be saved?”

26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”  
    NIV

It is difficult and impossible for man.  It is made possible with God.  Notice how the “difficult” is not made “easy.”  However it is made possible.

Rom 2:4
    God's kindness leads you toward repentance
    NIV

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Sis Shania,
    So God is the one working according to His will and for His good pleasure in us. He is the one who draws us to His family. We can not choose God by our so called free will. What we have is only influenced will which is very very limited. No one can choose God by His free will, if so why many have not come to Him?  Because God is the one who acts according to His will and purpose in His chosen people. Free will is a myth what many trinitarians proclaim. In this world every thing is as a result of cause and effects. Right from our childhood we do things what we learn from our parents and circumstances. Without God's influence we could have not come to Him because our will is limited and can only choose evil. 'Nothing that is good exists' in me that's what Paul said. But thanks be to God who gives us victory in Jesus our Lord.
    Peace and love to you
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam………AMEN,AMEN,AMEN, ….you have correctly nailed it.

Love and Peace to you and yours………….gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks brother Gene.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 15 2008,12:43)
    Hi Sis Shania,
    So God is the one working according to His will and for His good pleasure in us. He is the one who draws us to His family. We can not choose God by our so called free will. What we have is only influenced will which is very very limited. No one can choose God by His free will, if so why many have not come to Him?  Because God is the one who acts according to His will and purpose in His chosen people. Free will is a myth what many trinitarians proclaim. In this world every thing is as a result of cause and effects. Right from our childhood we do things what we learn from our parents and circumstances. Without God's influence we could have not come to Him because our will is limited and can only choose evil. 'Nothing that is good exists' in me that's what Paul said. But thanks be to God who gives us victory in Jesus our Lord.
    Peace and love to you
    Adam

There are several statements in here that I agree with. We do not choose Him. He chooses us. This I believe. However, we have to make the choice to remain in Him, or He will not remain in us. [JN 15]

Jn 15 tells us that He chose us to go and bear fruit. That is our purpose as believers. If we do not remain in Him [through obedience], we cannot bear fruit. If we cannot bear fruit, we are cut off.

We have to lose our lives in order to save it. We cannot depend on ourselves. We cannot own our lives. When we let go and all that we care about is His will and purpose, we lose our lives. We give Him full control. However, if we try to save our life, we will lose it. The vine is the source of life for the branches. It has everything that they need. If a branch tries to supply it's own nutrients, it will die.

Luke 9:23-24

23 Then he said to them all: “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it.
    NIV

John 15:1-17
    15:1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

9 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit — fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.
    NIV

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account