Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…..The spirit of God is the life of the vine and as a vine it inters the roots and goes up through the vine and into the branches and produces Fruit on the branches. It one God and one spirit that does it all. in the vine and in the branches.

Love and peace to you and yours…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Read Jn15.
    Some branches face the lopper

chosenone
    Participant

“All is of God, all is by Him, through Him, and for Him.”
    Who can deny?

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    we should not go into so much in the figurative language where we may land into so many disputes. I can agree that the branches have no independency than attatched to the vine and get the strength from the Vine to bear more fruit. Please don't go into negative aspect which is not meant for us who are in Christ Jesus to bear much fruit.
    Thanks and blessings
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    All scripture is useful.
    Those who make doctrines only from the positive aspects make false doctrines.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    Could you give us an example please?

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 09 2008,05:54)
    Shania…..Big difference between Will and (FREE WILL) a free will has no influence on it from any source at all. It is totally neutral, which is an impossibility, all will is the result of cause,

Hmmm… Where do you get this? Is it in the dictionary? I would think that “free will” means that you have the choice to make between one thing and another. You have the “freedom” to do that. This is an important aspect in love, because love is a choice. Love will get tested and in that moment, you have to choose between self or the other person.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 09 2008,05:54)
    you are caused to love your husband if your married, by what He does and you cause him to love by what you do. It has nothing to do with (FREE) Will at all. Both Science as well as psychologists agree that every thing

True love is does not operate based on what one is getting. In other words, if we are to love as Messiah, we do not base our love on what is being directed toward us. That is unselfish love.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2008,17:43)
    Hi GM,
    All scripture is useful.
    Those who make doctrines only from the positive aspects make false doctrines.

Nick.
    I asked for an example of this post. But I know you won't give one, because there is none.
    Another of your contrived 'false accusations'.

Blessings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shania…..You dont freely chose to love anything you are caused to by whats being done. For instence i dont know if you are married or not but lets say you are you ould have fell in love with you husdand because of what he did and does there is a cause and the effect is you fell in love with him, but lets supose he was a violent and mean person and did not ever care anything about and was abusive to you would have still loved Him and married Him i think not. So you love was caused and His love for you was also caused by the way you are, neither of you just (freely) chose to love one another it was cause and effect working.
    think about it if i said Shania would you like a peace of apply pie or cherry pie or blueberry pie and you had to make a choice which one would you chose it would be say cherry pie. that choice was not a free choice it was a caused choice because you were moved by what was all ready in your mind you simple chose the one that had the most influence on you. So Free had nothing to do with it you were cause to chose , Our Will work on data already in our minds we simple select from the most desired but we could not have desired if it was not already there. We can only select from whats installed in our mind and that influences us so then we will it. we do have wills but there not (FREE) we only imagine they are Free. But they are not in fact it says Jesus came to set the captives Free , free from what, what held them captive in there minds. imo

Shania……i think wickapida has some thing on it look up FREE WILL

peace to you and your…………..gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    Wonderful way to explain “free will”. Here I am giving a link on “free will” if somebody is interested he can go through that.
    http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761558612/free_will.html
    Thanks
    Adam
    :D :D :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    This thread is on the presumptuous theory of universal salvation.

We could sit and philosophise with the adherents but we must press on and walk while the light is with us.

The door will close and the darkness comes for those not awake.

chosenone
    Participant

God will wake you when in His time He chooses to do so. …who is the saviour of ALL mankind.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…..the theory is not presumptuous it is backed up by scripture if you have eyes to see it and ears to hear. God works all things according to HIS WILL > And GOD is (NOT)willing that (ANY) PARISH, and God has concluded (ALL) under sin that He might Have Mercy on (ALL)you either believe what is says or not Nick choses not to believe scripture, that his choice.

Love and peace to you and yours……..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    If that is all who have to offer on the most amazing prediction ever made
    it seems to be very weak evidence.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Gene.
    “God wills that all mankind be saved, that none should perish”… Poor God, He wants to accomplish something, but is not powerfull enough to overcome mans will. (Nicks gospel, unbelievable one could think this way.)

God Bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Indeed the heart of God is towards all men.
    He sent Jesus to show the Way.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 12 2008,06:33)
    Adam…..the theory is not presumptuous it is backed up by scripture if you have eyes to see it and ears to hear. God works all things according to HIS WILL > And GOD is (NOT)willing that (ANY) PARISH, and God has concluded (ALL) under sin that He might Have Mercy on (ALL)you either believe what is says or not Nick choses not to believe scripture, that his choice.

Love and peace to you and yours……..gene

I fully agree with you brother Gene, on the 'Will of God' and 'Free will' these are the two concepts I learnt some thing afresh.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam……don't let these fear mongers weaken you Faith in our Heavenly Father and our lord Jesus Christ. They show who they really trust in, it themselves and not our Loving (All Mighty) Father. They are fearful and unbelieving no matter how PIOUS they act. You have Gods Spirit in you this I know and continue that one on one relationship and nothing will separate you from His love and mercy for you and yours. Don't let these fear mongers cause you (ANY) doubt, like it says if God be fore who can be against you.

As far as Free will goes it a pure lie not once mentioned in scriptures, while we all have wills that must die like Jesus' did, but say there (FREE) is a LIE>

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks and Amen to that post.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account