Universal Salvation

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,702 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 01 2008,11:49)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 01 2008,11:44)
    DK……the truth has always been a in the minority, it was at the time of Christ and it still is.

Peace to you and yours………gene

LOL

Then everyone should be following my teaching on this sight!

:D

You made me laugh!
    :laugh:

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ July 01 2008,11:29)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 30 2008,16:14)
    DK….then how are you transformed by the renewing of you mind , Do you have the power to do that. Only God can do that, by creating in you a new Heart. God said He would take out of us the stony Hearts and give us hearts of flesh (soft hearts) can mans so called free will do that and if it could why does God do it then.

Dk…..we have supported this position wit
    many scriptures and who is it you call it Philosophy when many scriptures are used to support it as well as sound logic. And there is nothing wrong with Philosophy if its support with the truth. I notice you and a few others use that when ever you cant reason around whats said.  And you make it sound like what you produce is not a philosophy and a false one at that.

interesting

Gene…

Brother there is a reason you are in the minority in this belief of yours…maybe you should listen to the spirit and not your own thoughts…the bible counsels us against the
    “reasonings of men” and “useless philosophy”…

I guess I will just agree to disagree with you on this my brother…I follow Christ…You follow Christ…I am content with that…

Blessings  :)

Hi DK,
    You told that you follow Christ, where do you follow Christ who never choose his so called free will but followed the sovereign will of his Father and our Father?
    Again you people are confused with will and free will, choices and free will. No body can help you.
    Take care.
    Adam

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 01 2008,11:51)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 01 2008,11:44)
    DK……the truth has always been a in the minority, it was at the time of Christ and it still is.

Peace to you and yours………gene

Hi GB,
    Truth is not in a minority.
    Those who believe it and only teach what it teaches are.

Amen..took the words out of my mouth

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 01 2008,20:10)

DK….then how are you transformed by the renewing of you mind , Do you have the power to do that. Only God can do that, by creating in you a new Heart. God said He would take out of us the stony Hearts and give us hearts of flesh (soft hearts) can mans so called free will do that and if it could why does God do it then.

many scriptures and who is it you call it Philosophy when many scriptures are used to support it as well as sound logic. And there is nothing wrong with Philosophy if its support with the truth. I notice you and a few others use that when ever you cant reason around whats said.  And you make it sound like what you produce is not a philosophy and a false one at that.

interesting

Gene…

Brother there is a reason you are in the minority in this belief of yours…maybe you should listen to the spirit and not your own thoughts…the bible counsels us against the

I guess I will just agree to disagree with you on this my brother…I follow Christ…You follow Christ…I am content with that…

Hi DK,
    You told that you follow Christ, where do you follow Christ who never choose his so called free will but followed the sovereign will of his Father and our Father?
    Again you people are confused with will and free will, choices and free will. No body can help you.
    Take care.
    Adam

Pray for me

dirtyknections
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 01 2008,20:10)

interesting

Gene…

Hi DK,
    Take care.
    Adam

“By their fruits you shall know them”

gollamudi
    Participant

Let us wait and see.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This philosphy depends on adaption of scripture to fit the doctrine.
    It is not based on scripture.

gollamudi
    Participant

Whose philosophy Nick?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    It is not a teaching of Jesus.
    Should we follow other men?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam…..the spirit of God searches the deep things of GoD, don't let some man make you think that Jesus is the only one who spoke truth, He even said those who believed would do greater works then he did, The bible if full of truth and not just from Jesus, you can glean truth every in it, do let so mans, self righetous opinion detour , you from your quest for truth, remember it say the (SUM) of God's word is truth.

peace to you and yours…..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Is Jesus not the Truth?
    Do you know of greater teachers

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Is this really how you view Jesus?

” don't let some man make you think that Jesus is the only one who spoke truth,”…??

The same Spirit that inspired Jesus also inspired the prophets

1Peter1
    10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
    1Cor10
    4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Likewise the apostles.

Galatians 2:20
    I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Col1
    27to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…there you go again trying to discredit me by lying again , What I said was Don't let some Man tell you that Jesus was the only one who spoke truth. Jesus was (NOT) the ONLY ONE THAT SPOKE TRUTH> The key words here, False Accuser , is (ONLY ONE) and YOU trying to turn it around to where i am saying Jesus did not speak truth. Only again shows whose guiding your mind. And believe me it not Jesus or you would not be such a false accuser. But scripture say it's only just that God afflict those who afflict you, so we will see the results of you false implications.

Please tell me How i view Jesus, seeing you know so much.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Just clarifying in case others were scandalised.
    Thanks.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick, does not Paul speak the truth? You only believe part of Pauls message?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….You weren't clarifying anything you were simply lying again. If anyone is scandalizing people here it's you not me.

Hi All

Acts 7:51
    Ye stiffnecked (sklerotrachelos) and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist (antipipto) the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:

53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, **and have not kept it**.

54 When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,

56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord,

58 And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul.

59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord; lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

stiffnecked Greek (sklerotrachelos), which means;

1) stiffnecked
    2) stubborn, headstrong, obstinate

Obviously in opposition to a God who “does it all” as the “Calvinist” would claim.

Resist Greek (antipipto), which means;

1) to fall upon, run against
    2) to be adverse, oppose, strive against

Again, they appose the work of grace in their hearts, for they are stubborn and headstrong.

They strive against his leading. Yet we know that the Spirit will not always strive with man.

The stoning of Stephen was a good example of men resisting the Holy Spirit and rebelling against him. These men were so convicted by the Spirit that they even put their hands over their ears so they wouldn’t have to hear more of the word of God through Stephen who was full of the Holy Spirit.

Did God force these men to kill Stephen calling upon the Lord?

They heard the word of the Lord and were drawn by that word, but did the Lord “do it all for them” and cause them to repent?

They heard and witnessed with their own eyes and ears Stephen seeing the Lord, but did God make them repent?

No they exercised the freedom of choice regardless of the influence and chose to rebel against the words of God and stoned the man of God.

Every man shall give account for what he has done.
    Rom 2:4  
    Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?
    5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.
    6 God “will give to each person according to what he has done.”
    7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
    8 But for those who are self seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
    9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;
    10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
    11 For God does not show favoritism.

God leads men to repent. He does not show favorites. Yeshua was lifted up and draws all men to repent, but not all repent. Some will not repent even when they are in torment.

More proof that man is a free moral agent and can freely choose to follow him or to reject him.  :)

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

WJ….i ask the same question have you changed your mind about all ultimately being saved?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ July 06 2008,14:12)
    Nick, does not Paul speak the truth?  You only believe part of Pauls message?

Hi GB,
    Paul was inspired by the Spirit of truth.
    But all scripture is not for all.
    Correctly cut the Word.

The teachings of Paul are useless to the unsaved.

'Seek ye first the kingdom and everything else will be added to you.'

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..right , you need to do that, then you might understand what you are quoting. and have some kind of opinion on whats being said. The Sum of Gods word is truth, not just some little verse here and there. Read Nehemiah and see what i mean, he didn't just open the scripture and read, but He gave the meaning and the understanding of them, to the people so they could understand.
    Anyone can just read a quote scripture and not understand them.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 1,702 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account