Understanding scripture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 365 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So you do not need to rely on manuscripts but just your opinions?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    If you have so little respect for scripture do you have any for God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    So if the arm of God is the Spirit of God why would anyone put Jesus in the verse of the NIV if it is not in any manuscript?

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

you said the wrong interpretation ;

Hi T,
    The glory of the Lord of Hosts, our God.[Is6]

It is evil imagination to say that there was another god in another heavenly temple

I showed you that you were wrong ;and that the NIV was right ; then you go out of your mind of trying to call me all things; but first show me ;what is more truthful putting the right name of what is meant ;or teach what we personally believe like you did and teach the wrong things ??? plus the insults,

now if you want to argue which of the scriptures version are totally true this answer is easy ,NONE

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,03:11)
    Hi T,
    So if the arm of God is the Spirit of God why would anyone put Jesus in the verse of the NIV if it is not in any manuscript?

Nick

all know that the ARM is Christ ,I thought you understood that was I wrong ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    So if you think it fits you do not need scripture to back you up?
    Your problems are deep

mikeboll64
    Blocked

It is Christ who is meant in John 12. Christ is also one of the people who have been called “the arm of the Lord”. (Cyrus, for example, was another one.)

Nick, your idea that John was talking about the Holy Spirit doesn't even fit the context. Have you considered that?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,04:09)
    Hi,
    So if you think it fits you do not need scripture to back you up?
    Your problems are deep

Nick

go to the previous page and you will find my supporting scriptures ,but you give only your opinion and even that is false

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Wherever Jesus Christ is mentioned so is the Spirit.
    He is the anointed one.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2014,03:11)
    Hi T,

Nick

no if ,you are running away;THE ARM IS NOT THE HOLY SPIRIT ,

AND THE SCRIPTURES THAT i QUOTED SAY IN THERE CONTEXT THAT IT IS JESUS CHRIST ,

SO YOU CAN STOP OF BEING FALLS ,

mikeboll64
    Blocked

John 12
    37 Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him (Jesus). 38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet:

“Lord, who has believed our message
       and to whom has the arm of the Lord (Jesus) been revealed?”

39 For this reason they could not believe (in Jesus), because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:

“He has blinded their eyes
       and hardened their hearts,
    so they can neither see with their eyes,
       nor understand with their hearts,
       nor turn—and I would heal them.”

41 Isaiah said this because he saw his (Jesus') glory and spoke about him (Jesus).

Bottom line: They did not believe in Jesus because Isaiah, speaking about Jesus, foretold that they would not believe in him.

This is the teaching.

terraricca
    Participant

whatever God tells to be in the future can be changed to a point ;but one thing as to be done first ;

Ge 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it.”

if not ;;Jas 1:14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
    Jas 1:15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

RO 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

2PE 2:19 promising them freedom while they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by what a man is overcome, by this he is enslaved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Indeed men have always refused to listen to those who bring God's message.
    The flesh contributes nothing

mikeboll64
    Blocked

That is not an answer, Nick. I have shown you that JESUS is the one Isaiah foretold about, and saw the glory of.

Either agree with what I have shown you, or REFUTE it scripturally.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You are adding to what is written because of your viewpoint just as the NIV does?
    Isaiah 6 does not speak of the glory of Jesus-compare rev 4

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick, you are free to tell me which part(s) of Rev 4 support your theory that Isaiah foretold about “the Holy Spirit”.

But you must ask yourself:

1. Was Jesus the Holy Spirit itself? NO.

2. Had Jesus allotted the Holy Spirit to anyone at the time the events of John 14 took place? NO.

3. Had any of the people who rejected Jesus in John 14 even had the OPPORTUNITY to accept or reject the Holy Spirit? NO.

So they certainly didn't refuse to believe on Jesus because Isaiah had foretold about THE HOLY SPIRIT – like you suggest.

You are way off base, when you consider the CONTEXT of the passage. I have highlighted it for you. If you still cannot grasp it, I can do no more for you.

terraricca
    Participant

Nick

you did not solve the understanding in John 12 how do you going to understand the scriptures in Isaiah and Revelation ???

you jump from one unsolved understanding to another ;and call everyone else liars without understanding please look at what you doing .

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 14 2014,10:13)
    John 12
    37 Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him (Jesus). 38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet:

39 For this reason they could not believe (in Jesus), because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:

41 Isaiah said this because he saw his (Jesus') glory and spoke about him (Jesus).

Bottom line:  They did not believe in Jesus because Isaiah, speaking about Jesus, foretold that they would not believe in him.

This is the teaching.

Hi MB,
    By presumption you have added JESUS to these scriptures
    THe Flesh contributes nothing.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 15 2014,14:33)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Mar. 14 2014,10:13)
    John 12

Bottom line:  They did not believe in Jesus because Isaiah, speaking about Jesus, foretold that they would not believe in him.

This is the teaching.

Hi MB,
    By presumption you have added JESUS to these scriptures
    THe Flesh contributes nothing.

Then let's try it your way, Nick:

John 12
    37 Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him (The Holy Spirit). 38 This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet:

and to whom has the arm of the Lord (The Holy Spirit) been revealed?”

39 For this reason they could not believe (in The Holy Spirit), because, as Isaiah says elsewhere:

41 Isaiah said this because he saw his (The Holy Spirit's) glory and spoke about him (The Holy Spirit).

How does that work?  Had any of those people failed to believe in THE HOLY SPIRIT?  Which part of John 14 tells you so?

See Nick, you smart-ass quips don't actually help anyone out. They don't teach anybody anything except that you are a smart-ass. So what is your reason for being on HN? To post mindless tripe and disagree with the scriptural things people show you – without once showing an ounce of support for your disagreements?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    You keep becoming confused and putting words into my mouth.
    Same as you do with God's word adding here and there.

Still trying to SEPARATE God from His Spirit and elevate the flesh?

I know it bothers you that everyone does not agree with you but hey that is life.
    Get over it

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 365 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account