Try making a Post

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

If you are a new member and you are not sure how to post, then try practicing here.

Try starting a new topic by going back one page or clicking the "Add your post here" link above, then click the ‘New Topic’ button.

Or try replying to this post by by clicking the ‘Reply Button’.

Once you are confident on how it works, and your posts show up, then try posting in the discussion of your choice or start a New Topic in the appropriate category.

You can also practice editing your posts by clicking on the ‘Edit Button’ above your post.

Hello Administrator,

I am replying to this post, in order to ask, are there chat
    rooms, or/and forums here at Heaven Net?

((Ann))

Proclaimer
    Participant

No chatrooms.
    Just this BBS/Discussion/Forum.

kale
    Participant

Are you an Believer? Well I am going to prove to you that you are not an Believer in its true sense.

You may think that this is a rather arrogant thing to say, but if you bear with me you will see that the logic in this statement is irrefutable. First of all I want to define 3 different stances that people have about the existance of God.

Believer: A person who believes in the existance of God.

Agnostic: A person who isn’t sure whether God exists or not.

Atheist: A person who doesn’t believe in the existance of God.

If I were to say that there was no such thing as gold in China, then to prove my statement, I would have to search every square inch of that country in order to confidently say there was no gold. I would also have to search every person to make sure that there were no gold fillings and search every aeroplane in Chinese airspace. Such a mammoth task would be near impossible but would be necessary in order to prove my statement.

Now lets look at the amount knowledge that a human being can possess. It is obvious that even the smartest person who has ever lived couldn’t possess even 1% of all the knowledge in existance. But lets imagine that there existed a Beleiver who possessed 1% of all the knowledge in existance. This is of course a huge exaggeration, but for the sake of this argument lets say that someone did possess this amount of knowledge. If this person was honest, they would have to admit that the other 99% of knowledge that they didn’t possess could have the evidence that proves God was invented. So as you can see from this very simple example, it is impossible to absolutely state that there is a God. Now back to the example. If I found gold in the tooth of one Chinese citizen, then I could truthfully say that there is gold in China even if that amount of Gold was very small.

To conclude: If you claim to be a Believer, then with respect I say to you that you are actually and Agnostic in the true sense, although I can respect that you may have chosen to believe in God without proof and in that sense you have chosen to be a Believer, but your claim to be an Believer is not a scientific one, rather a belief or religion.

To say that there is a God requires absolute knowledge. Knowledge of not only our 4 known and understood dimensions but all the higher dimensions as well and that would be impossible for a 3 dimensional creature such as yourself. But ultimately there really can only be 2 types of people, Athiest and agnostics. Those who have seen first hand or can see evidence that gold exists in China and those who believe that gold doesn’t exist in China, but can never really be sure that this is so.  -kale

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe in what I have experienced.

I know what I have found.

I seek what I do not know.

I ask for what I wish to have.

Of all the things I treasure from my experiences, I treasure love the most.

This phenomenon we call love and we all think we know.

Is but a taste of what is to come.

A love so great it can manipulate light.

A love so bright it exceeds the limits of light.

A love so true and selfless it gives you the best there is to have.

A love so forgiving you must simply ask and you will have.

Proclaimer
    Participant

:D Testing
    Heaven Net

Code Sample
    Code

Bold
    Italic
    Underline

:cool:

kyo83
    Participant

Hey everone, Just to test this thing out…. :)

Mike
    Participant

Hello. Whos the administrators or moderators here?

Admin
    Keymaster

Quote (Mike @ June 04 2004,12:05)
    Hello. Whos the administrators or moderators here?

Me

ringo111
    Participant

what happend to t8??? Are you t8???

Admin
    Keymaster

Yeah for now the handle “Heaven” is t8. But that could change at anytime. I felt that t8 answering posts and also administering the Forums may be seen as a conflict.

E.g. When the Forum was updated a while back, it was necessary that some posts containing HTML need to be reposted by simply going into edit mode and resubmitting without actually editing anything.  This forced the posts with HTML to render, rather than read the code as text, and I couldn't expect all the members to check all their posts and do this tedious job.

The prob with this was that a Super Admin as full rights and can edit another persons post, but doing this leaves the name of the person who edited the post.  If the name t8 appeared as the last editor (not author) of a post, it probably would be seen as a conflict or looked upon with suspicion at least. So I downgraded my (t8) status from Super Admin to Full Member like yourself.

Now 'Heaven' is the Super Admin and that persons identity can change at any time. What is important is the function that the Super Admin plays, not so much who that person is, as the Super Admin is a technical role, not a spirtual one. But with the members, a person is important in the sense that the words come from that person and should always remain that person.

So I am wearing 2 hats at the moment and I have no problem making someone else Super Admin in the future, if I feel that they are fit for the job and if they want it of course.

Sammo
    Participant

OK!

Here goes… :laugh:

david999
    Participant

This is a test by a guest. Just getting the lay of the land

mtims
    Participant

Imagination projects unreal images out of the mind and seeks to attach reality to them. Faith creates nothing; it simply reckons upon that which is already there. – AW Tozer

Can I have pudding with that  :p

hiller84
    Participant

Test, one….two…three….test

stretch
    Participant

Just practicing my posting techniques. How'd I do?

NickHassan
    Participant

Excellent stretch… welcome….you have the floor.

stretch
    Participant

Okay. I'm not sure that this is the right forum to ask this question – but as one who is just beginning to see that there are other Bible-believing Christ followers out there who can't necessarily agree with the supposedly most essential doctrine of the Christian faith, the Trinity, I'm curious where the others on this website come from. How many of you are in “orthodox” evangelical churches and how many of you are involved with groups that are recognized as non-trinitarian?

thanks. Let me know if I should post this to another place to get more visibility…

Got to go to work now (I figured out that I should log out) but I'll check back later.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi stretch,
    I am in the real church and still looking for a local fellowship that agrees with the bible.

Is 1:18
    Participant

shifted my post to a more appropriate thread…..

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account