Trinity – t8's proof text #3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Cult Buster
    Participant

Compare
    Psa 95:7  For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Psa 95:8  Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Psa 95:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    Psa 95:10  Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    Psa 95:11  Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

With
    Heb 3:7  Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
    Heb 3:8  Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    Heb 3:9  When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
    Heb 3:10  Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
    Heb 3:11  So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

Conclusion.      The Holy Ghost = God

So tell us t8. Is the Holy Ghost a true God or a false God?

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Do you not realise that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God?
    Would you separate God from His own Spirit and make that Spirit into another God?
    Would you make our Lord into our God?

GOD IS ONE CB.

Wake up.

Proclaimer
    Participant

To CultB.

Quote (Cult Buster @ June 14 2007,03:06)
    Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So tell us t8. Is Jesus Christ a true God or a false God?

He he. The same 3 scriptures. As if they nullified the rest of the verses about the identity of the one true God. You are only arguing against scripture itself. Your understanding doesn't work for all scripture and that is how I know you teach falsely.
    https://heavennet.net/writings/trinity-11.htm

and try:

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

If you need a creed, follow the above. You can trust it.

Anyway to answer your question: He is a divine being.

He is not the true God for Christ came from the true God and was sent by the true God.

Jesus is neither the one true God or a false God. He is the son of God. Sons of God are also called 'theos' and 'elohim'.

John 10:34
    34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, `I have said you are gods (theos)'
    35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—
    36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Psalms 82:6
    “I said, `You are “gods” (Elohim); you are all sons of the Most High.'

This is the message. He is the son of the living God. (Is this your message?)

Upon that rock Christ built his church.

Upon that rock my faith sits.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 21 2007,17:04)
    Jesus is neither the one true God or a false God. He is the son of God. Sons of God are also called 'theos' and 'elohim'.

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, `I have said you are gods (theos)'
    35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—
    36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

So t8, are you saying that there are many divine beings in existence?

david
    Participant

“Only a divine being can have a divine nature.”–Is 1:18, May 14th, (John 1:1, NWT thread, I think)

2 PETER 1:4
    “Through these things he has freely given us the precious and very grand promises, that through these you may become sharers in divine naturehaving escaped from the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (Compare Phil 3:21; 1 Cor 15:49)
    1 JOHN 3:2
    “Beloved ones, now we are children of God, but as yet yet it has not been made manifest what we shall be. We do know that whenever he is made manifest manifest we shall be like him because we shall see him just as he is.”

Therefore, having divine nature or being divine does not mean you are God Almighty himself.

Participant

Quote (david @ June 21 2007,20:09)
    2 PETER 1:4
    “Through these things he has freely given us the precious and very grand promises, that through these you may become sharers in divine naturehaving escaped from the corruption that is in the world through lust.” (Compare Phil 3:21; 1 Cor 15:49)

This verse was addressed in my past debate submission:

“T8 may also use 2 Peter 1:4, where man are said to become partakers in the divine nature”, to try to add credibility to the notion that Yeshua is a lesser god with YHWH’s nature. But this verse cannot be used this way without reading far too much into it’s conveyance. Being a “partaker” in the divine nature does not, to my mind, intimate that the divine nature is to be permanently and irrevocably conferred on the believer, that it will become intrinsic to us. It seems to me that the very word he used (partakers – koinonos) argues against this notion. Someone does not become, or take on, the thing in which they “partake” in. When Paul warns the Corinthians against being “participants” with demons, it's obvious from the context that he does not imagine there is a tangible risk that that demonic nature would become intrinsic to them. And certainly the semantic range of “koinonos” does allow for the idea of participating, or fellowshipping in, something temporarily. Being a “partaker” in the context of 2 Peter 1:4 may simply mean that believers would one day experience YHWH. Alternatively, it may very well be a present-tense reference to believers taking on the qualities and attributes of Christ, by virtue of us being “born again” into Him. I think this later interpretation is supported by the later part of the verse:

“For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.”

The past tense word “escaped” denotes something that has already taken place. Peter, far from anticipating something, appears to be affirming that the “participation” provides a means of escape in this life from the “corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”. This theme that is pressed even further in the next verse – “Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge”. The context here switches to the present tense, the here and now, and the verbs Peter used were manifestly present tense. Many scholars hold to this view. At any rate there is more than enough doubt in the verse as to invalidate it’s viability as a supporting crutch for t8’s overtly Mormonesque view that we will be become divine beings in the next life. We are human and will always be as such. This notion of the post-resurrection deification of believers runs completely counter to biblical revelation on monotheism. So an appeal to this verse as a means of equating Yeshua’s “divine” nature with ours, and thereby down playing it, is also evokes polytheism, only from another angle.”
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=1375

1 JOHN 3:2
    “Beloved ones, now we are children of God, but as yet yet it has not been made manifest what we shall be. We do know that whenever he is made manifest manifest we shall be like him because we shall see him just as he is.”

This verse says nothing of “nature”. You have read that into the text.

Therefore, having divine nature or being divine does not mean you are God Almighty himself.

To assert there exists multiple divine beings is paganism, not christianity. Christians are monotheists.

Blessings
    :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 21 2007,17:11)

Quote (t8 @ June 21 2007,17:04)

So t8, are you saying that there are many divine beings in existence?

I am saying that scripture says that those who are sons are spoken of as 'theos' and 'elohim' and I am saying that scripture says that we can partake in divine nature and escape the corruption of the world through the flesh.

I am repeating scripture. You can choose not to believe what is written. That is your choice.

If you are asking for me to speak a creed, then I will give you scripture. That way when you disagree, it is then clear to everyone that you disagree with scripture.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 21 2007,22:24)
    “For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust.”

Do you as WJ said disagree with 600 scholars.

:D

you may become partakers of the divine nature

Wait up, maybe partaking in divine nature doesn't actually make someone God?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ June 14 2007,07:06)
    Heb 1:8  But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So tell us t8. Is Jesus Christ a true God or a false God?

Joh 1:5  And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    :O

t8. You still have a problem. It may be “the same 3 scriptures” to you, however they clearly refer to Jesus as God.

So tell us t8. In these verses, is Jesus a true God or a false God. :O

Quote (t8 @ June 21 2007,22:58)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 21 2007,22:24)

Do you as WJ said disagree with 600 scholars.

you may become partakers of the divine nature

Wait up, maybe partaking in divine nature doesn't actually make someone God?

t8

Tell us. When did Jesus “Partake” of the divine nature?  ???

You have your Henotheistic glasses on again.

Jesus “Is” the Express Image of the Invisible God!

The “Exact representation of his substance”.

Do you believe we shall ever be this?

Isnt that what it means to be the “Monogenes”, Unique Son of God?

God in the flesh. The Word/God that was with God and was God!

The Lord from heaven!

You my friend are the one disagreeing with over 600 scholars.

Jesus is not “a” god!

Look again…
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=1375

Remember t8, there is only “One” divine being!

t8, do you believe Yeshua was present with the Father when he said…

Isa 45:21
    Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and *there is no God else beside me*; a just God and a Saviour; *there is none beside me*.

Isa 46:9
    Remember the former things of old: for *I am God, and there is none else*; I am God, and *there is none like me*, ???

How can this be t8, seeing Jesus is the “exact representation of his substance” and the “Express Image of the invisible God”?

t8 if Jesus is a seperate being from the Father, then you have 2 Lords and 2 masters! Can you see that?

You see how scriptures just corrected you!

The Lord our God is “One” Lord!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 22 2007,04:14)
    Isa 46:9
    Remember the former things of old: for *I am God, and there is none else*; I am God, and *there is none like me*,

How can this be t8, seeing Jesus is the “exact representation of his substance” and the “Express Image of the invisible God”?

I know this question is to t8, but if I might add my less than scholarly opinion here…..

How can this be? Because Jesus is God's literal Son.

Substance = essential part; physical material (a son would have the fathers physical material).

As a Son of a Father who is not visible, it only stands to reason that because he has a human mother, that this son would then *become* visible. This makes the scripture come to life when it says, “…express image of the invisible God.” Anyway, it does for me! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “Jesus “Is” the Express Image of the Invisible God!

AND
    “How can this be t8, seeing Jesus is the “exact representation of his substance” and the “Express Image of the invisible God”?”

And yet you worship the image and the representation of God.
    What gives?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2007,10:02)
    Hi W,
    You say
    “Jesus “Is” the Express Image of the Invisible God!

AND
    “How can this be t8, seeing Jesus is the “exact representation of his substance” and the “Express Image of the invisible God”?”

And yet you worship the image and the representation of God.
    What gives?

NH

Because all of creation does!

Look….

Rev 5:
    [9] And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    [10] And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
    [11] And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
    [12] Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
    [13] And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
    [14] And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Are you not in Christ?
    Should logic be our guide now?
    Do you think Rev 5 has already happened?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

worshiping jesus > what did David mean when he said, the Lord said unto my Lord sit on my right hand until I make your enimies your foot stool. obioivisly it shows someone on the Lord's right Hand and where is Jesus at now isn't it at the right hand of the Magisty on High does it not say that. so if Jesus is on the right hand of the Magisty on High he obiviously
    is not God who is the Magisty on High.

trying to make Jesus the object of worship instead of his God is wrong. worship who Jesus worshiped.

??? ???

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 22 2007,12:03)
    worshiping jesus > what did David mean when he said, the Lord said unto my Lord sit on my right hand until I make your enimies your foot stool. obioivisly it shows someone on the Lord's right Hand and where is Jesus at now isn't it at the right hand of the Magisty on High does it not say that. so if Jesus is on the right hand of the Magisty on High he obiviously

trying to make Jesus the object of worship instead of his God is wrong. worship who Jesus worshiped.

Gene,
    Jesus quoted this verse (Psa 110:1) to the Pharisees:

Matthew 22:42-46
    42″What do you think about the Christ, whose son is He?” They said to Him, “The son of David.” 43He said to them, “Then how does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying, 44'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET”'?  45″If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his son?” 46No one was able to answer Him a word, nor did anyone dare from that day on to ask Him another question.

Do you understand the dilemma Jesus invoked here? Tell me if you know.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

isa1:18 quite changeing subject matter is Jesus at the right hand of the Magisty on High or not. quit dodgeing issues by introducing new ones.

we cant even get started with out you remaning in topic matter its usles nothing can get setteled it's like the old shell game, were playing here. let's slow down and stick to suject matter.???

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 22 2007,20:01)

Gene,

42″What do you think about the Christ, whose son is He?” They said to Him, “The son of David.” 43He said to them, “Then how does David in the Spirit call Him 'Lord,' saying, 44'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, UNTIL I PUT YOUR ENEMIES BENEATH YOUR FEET”'?  45″If David then calls Him 'Lord,' how is He his son?” 46No one was able to answer Him a word, nor did anyone dare from that day on to ask Him another question.

Mat 22:42  Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
    Physically the son of David.

Mat 22:43  He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
    IN the SPIRIT call Him Lord

Mat 22:44  The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

The LORD, the Father said to our Lord sit at My right hand.

Mat 22:45  If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

Seems to me that Jesus was explaining the physical and Spiritual.

Physically the son of man Spiritually the Son of God.

1Co 8:6  But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him

Yes? No? Maybe? Not sure? What?

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 22 2007,20:01)

Gene,

Hi Isaiah 1:18:

You ask Gene relative to the scripture that you quoted:

I'd like to know what dilemma you think that Jesus invoked by this scripture?

Thanks & God Bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ June 14 2007,03:20)
    So tell us t8. Is the Holy Ghost a true God or a false God?

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account