Tretease on Sheol, Hades, and Gehhena

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Here is a Treatise I would like tested.  I  also plan to test it.  What I read sounded fairly accurate though I disagree with the idea of eternal punishment because it seems presumptuous for me to give such a sentence to the wicked.

Pastry
    Participant

kerwin

How can this punishment last for ever when it says this?

1Cr 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

It says “destroyed”, when you destroy something, is there anything left?

Mal 4:1 ¶ For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

Ashes, that's all that will be left.
    How do you destroy death and the grave?

Hbr 2:14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.

The second death, or the lake of fire means, everlasting destruction.

Georg

kerwin
    Participant

Georg,

A judge in a court of law determines the sentence for one convicted in his court. I am not the judge and the word translated to eternal would better be translated timeless. I will let God determine the time and look to learning how to live by his Spirit instead.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 09 2012,23:25)
    Georg,

A judge in a court of law determines the sentence for one convicted in his court.   I am not the judge and the word translated to eternal would better be translated timeless.  I will let God determine the time and look to learning how to live by his Spirit instead.

Kerwin

Christ says do not fear the one that can only kill the body but fear the one that can destroy the body and the soul,if God destroy your soul ,that s it we done,not existing got it ?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 09 2012,11:31)

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 09 2012,23:25)
    Georg,

A judge in a court of law determines the sentence for one convicted in his court.   I am not the judge and the word translated to eternal would better be translated timeless.  I will let God determine the time and look to learning how to live by his Spirit instead.

Kerwin

Christ  says do not fear the one that can only kill the body but fear the one that can destroy the body and the soul,if God destroy your soul ,that s it we done,not existing got it ?

Pierre,

I hear your argument and am partial to it. I do not see where to believe one way or another harms belief in the gospel as long as you believe the wicked will be punished and God is just for doing so.

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Here are some words from Faith Defenders that I agree with.

The Hebrew word Sheol is found 66 times in the Old Testament. While the Old Testament consistently refers to the body as going to the grave, it always refers to the soul or spirit of man as going to Sheol. The nature of Sheol and the condition of those in it is crucial to our understanding of what the Bible teaches about what happens to man after death.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin……….The word timeless can be applied to some things, like where it say and the Smoke of their torment ascends up for ever. Remember Smoke is the result of Fire , now carry that over spiritually , it is like this, IMO, (paraphrased) The lesson of their Intense Judgment (fire) will rise up for ever and ever, another words it will alway be understood by all for ever and ever. A timeless lesson ofr all eternity. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………………………….gene

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account