Titus 2:13, 14 Proof that Jesus is The Saviour!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,14:05)
    Pierre said:

so God punished the line of Seth a man of having sex as God told to Adam and Eve to multiply ,as man how do you do that without having sex

Please note that I am answering your questions and you are totally IGNORING mine.

After the fall God distinguished between the godly and the pagan lines. Seth's line was the godly and Cain's line was the pagan. Seth's sons (the sons of God) corrupted themselves by marrying into the pagan line of Cain. This threatened the coming of Christ for He could come only through the pure line. So God had to wipe them out and start over again with Noah and his family who were Sethites and who did not commingle with the pagan line. Thus the Christ could come through the Godly line again.
    Then they could be fruitful and multiply again.

See Leupold's commentary on Genesis 6 under the title “The Commingling of the Two Races.” Note how he traces your interpretation of Genesis 6 back to heathen origin. Click on chapter 6.

http://www.abiblecommentary.com/leuoldscommentaryongenesis.pdf

WHY DID GOD SPARE ONLY PURE SETHITES?

KJ

KJ

Seth as nothing to do with Gods choice,and so are the races,it is always what you do and what are the reasons behind of what you do ,

you as a person seams to like a argument and so make one ,

you know that i can not use your views because truth is my guide line and unless what i say is truth from scriptures it would be lies,

any way you are mixing things up for your pleasure

Pierre

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2011,07:34)

Pierre said:

so God punished the line of Seth a man of having sex as God told to Adam and Eve to multiply ,as man how do you do that without having sex

Please note that I am answering your questions and you are totally IGNORING mine.

After the fall God distinguished between the godly and the pagan lines. Seth's line was the godly and Cain's line was the pagan. Seth's sons (the sons of God) corrupted themselves by marrying into the pagan line of Cain. This threatened the coming of Christ for He could come only through the pure line. So God had to wipe them out and start over again with Noah and his family who were Sethites and who did not commingle with the pagan line. Thus the Christ could come through the Godly line again.

See Leupold's commentary on Genesis 6 under the title “The Commingling of the Two Races.” Note how he traces your interpretation of Genesis 6 back to heathen origin. Click on chapter 6.

KJ

KJ

Seth as nothing to do with Gods choice,and so are the races,it is always what you do and what are the reasons behind of what you do ,

you know that i can not use your views because truth is my guide line and unless what i say is truth from scriptures it would be lies,

Pierre

I leave you to your heathenism.

KJ

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,05:31)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 12 2011,01:07)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,13:45)
    Irene,

But in the Old Testament it is LORD for Jehovah God.

The Hebrew word for Jehovah is not being translated as Lord of lords or even LORD OF LORDS.

Many times in the OT, Jehovah is translated as LORD, that is correct but it is not written as Lord or lord, it is always in all caps.  However in the name LORD OF LORDS, Jehovah is not the word translated. I have explained this to you many times.  Every time you see the word Lord you can't assume that Jehovah is what is meant.  I know it is confusing but it is a fact and you have to dig a little deeper and look at the original language to see what word is being translated.  Do you know how to find that easily?  If not, I can show you.

Kathi

Kathi!   I didn't say that it was written Lord, but LORD in all capital letters..For the most high God, Jehovah…and Lord for Jesus mostly in the New Testament…. .. And besides you are ignoring those Scriptures in Psalms

Psa 83:18   That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.

Kathi for the last time it says that Thou whose name ALONE is Jehovah the most high name…..not Jesus too… only the most high……

Psa 68:4   Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jehovah, and rejoice before him.  

It says His name and not their names. amd praise his name not their names….

These Scripture plainly tells us who Jehovah is….. don't ignore that…..

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    A compound unity will go by ONE name when the compound unity is referred to.

Kathi

Scripture please.

1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,14:51)

Pierre said:

KJ

KJ

Pierre

KJ

KJ

heathenism, is your world

have fun with the trini,s

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,02:45)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 12 2011,10:10)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Aug. 11 2011,20:25)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 11 2011,14:34)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 11 2011,12:35)
    Irene,
    What is a half trinity?? ???

Kathi!  Look at what you believe???  You say Jehovah God is both Jesus and Almighty God, so Keith and Jack both agree with you…. It is because they believe in the trinity.  The only thing you don't believe is that the Holy Spirit of God is not the third of Jehovah, but is the Spirit of God….that makes it a half trinity…my saying….not according to any Scriptures, just like you do with Jehovah….Irene

Looking for that blessed hope the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

It's as plain as the nose on Georg's face.  :)

Jack

Hi Jack,

Does the word “AND” in that verses somehow elude you?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed,

This too has been explained a gazillion, zillion, trillion, billion, million times.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=2407

So the question is does truth elude you.

KJ

Hi Jack,

Here are three occurrences of virtually the same wording from Titus, I assume  
    that you believe
    the first two occurrences mentioned are God (YHVH) and Jesus.
    Yet (virtually), the same wording in
    the third occurrence (according to Jack-a-roo)
    is now asserted to be only Jesus; can you explain how you account for this shift?

Paul, a servant of God, AND an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith
    of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (Titus 1:1)

To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace,
    from God the Father AND the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior. (Titus 1:4)

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing
    of the great God AND our Savior Jesus Christ;  (Titus 2:13)

God bless

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 12 2011,16:46)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 13 2011,05:31)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 12 2011,01:07)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 12 2011,13:45)
    Irene,

But in the Old Testament it is LORD for Jehovah God.

The Hebrew word for Jehovah is not being translated as Lord of lords or even LORD OF LORDS.

Many times in the OT, Jehovah is translated as LORD, that is correct but it is not written as Lord or lord, it is always in all caps.  However in the name LORD OF LORDS, Jehovah is not the word translated. I have explained this to you many times.  Every time you see the word Lord you can't assume that Jehovah is what is meant.  I know it is confusing but it is a fact and you have to dig a little deeper and look at the original language to see what word is being translated.  Do you know how to find that easily?  If not, I can show you.

Kathi

Kathi!   I didn't say that it was written Lord, but LORD in all capital letters..For the most high God, Jehovah…and Lord for Jesus mostly in the New Testament…. .. And besides you are ignoring those Scriptures in Psalms

Psa 83:18   That [men] may know that thou, whose name alone [is] JEHOVAH, [art] the most high over all the earth.

Kathi for the last time it says that Thou whose name ALONE is Jehovah the most high name…..not Jesus too… only the most high……

Psa 68:4   Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jehovah, and rejoice before him.  

It says His name and not their names. amd praise his name not their names….

These Scripture plainly tells us who Jehovah is….. don't ignore that…..

Peace and Love Irene

Irene,
    A compound unity will go by ONE name when the compound unity is referred to.

Kathi

Scripture please.

1Th 5:21   Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.  

Irene

Irene,
    Fifth post down…we have been through this:

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….9;st=20

Kathi

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2011,13:21)

Pierre said:

KJ

KJ

Pierre

KJ

KJ

Pierre

Whatever…

You know you're wrong about this or you would have made an attempt to answer some of my questions when asked. I answered yours.  

The scripture says, “To which of the angels did He ever say, 'You are my Son'…?”

This is the essence of your resistance to the plain fact that the the sons of God in Genesis 6 were not angels. For you to admit that they were Seth's line and not angels means that you would be forced to accept that Christ is distinguished from all other beings. You can't have that now can you? You cannot allow for the precious Savior to be in a class by Himslf.

You say heathenism is my world. Yet Paul said that to us who believe Jesus is “PRECIOUS.” And he whole world says, “Worthy is the Lamb to receive power and blessing and honor and glory….” (Rev. 6).

Kathi and WJ and I have tried to save your soul but you won't come to Jesus that you might have life. It's YOUR loss my friend.

JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, JESUS…OH HOW I LOVE THAT NAME!

KJ

Pastry
    Participant

Kathi!  That does not prove that Jesus is Jehovah's name…. That is what you are to prove, which you did not.,….again

It is His name ALONE…. not BOTH of their names…..

This too says HIS NAME AND NOT THEIR NAMES..

Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 11 2011,20:36)
    Mike,
    Does Luke 4:8 speak about worshiping 'Jehovah your God' or the Lord (adonai) your God?  What was written that is being referred to, Jehovah or adonai?

There is only one Lord for us, is what Paul tells us.

Kathi

Well, actually both Kathi.

Jesus is recorded as saying “kurios/adonai”, but he is directly quoting a scripture that says “YHWH”.

Connect the dots, Kathi.  Jehovah IS the “Lord” that Jesus mentions in Luke 4:8.

Revelation 21:22
    I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Who is “the Lord God Almighty” in this scripture, Kathi? And who is the Lamb?

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 12 2011,09:45)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 12 2011,10:10)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Aug. 11 2011,20:25)

Quote (Pastry @ Aug. 11 2011,14:34)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 11 2011,12:35)
    Irene,
    What is a half trinity?? ???

Kathi!  Look at what you believe???  You say Jehovah God is both Jesus and Almighty God, so Keith and Jack both agree with you…. It is because they believe in the trinity.  The only thing you don't believe is that the Holy Spirit of God is not the third of Jehovah, but is the Spirit of God….that makes it a half trinity…my saying….not according to any Scriptures, just like you do with Jehovah….Irene

Looking for that blessed hope the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

It's as plain as the nose on Georg's face.  :)

Jack

Hi Jack,

Does the word “AND” in that verses somehow elude you?

God bless

Ed,

This too has been explained a gazillion, zillion, trillion, billion, million times.

https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….;t=2407

So the question is does truth elude you.

KJ

Yes, it has been answered Ed.

First Post

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 12 2011,10:32)
    Irene said:

Kathi!   I didn't say that it was written Lord, but LORD in all capital letters..For the most high God, Jehovah…and Lord for Jesus mostly in the New Testament….

I have already shown you that David addressed the “LORD” calling him the Creator (Psalm 102). The Father applied this to His Son (Heb. 1:8-10). Therefore, the Father was speaking through David calling Him the Creator and so the word “Lord” in Hebrews 1:10 is equivalent to the word “LORD” in Psalm 102.

Pretty simple isn't it?

Jack

Is this in the passage where we are taught that Jehovah's OWN GOD placed Him above His companions? :)

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,02:42)

Quote (terraricca @ Aug. 13 2011,13:21)

Pierre said:

KJ

KJ

Pierre

KJ

KJ

Pierre

Whatever…

You know you're wrong about this or you would have made an attempt to answer some of my questions when asked. I answered yours.  

The scripture says, “To which of the angels did He ever say, 'You are my Son'…?”

This is the essence of your resistance to the plain fact that the the sons of God in Genesis 6 were not angels. For you to admit that they were Seth's line and not angels means that you would be forced to accept that Christ is distinguished from all other beings. You can't have that now can you? You cannot allow for the precious Savior to be in a class by Himslf.

You say heathenism is my world. Yet Paul said that to us who believe Jesus is “PRECIOUS.” And he whole world says, “Worthy is the Lamb to receive power and blessing and honor and glory….” (Rev. 6).

Kathi and WJ and I have tried to save your soul but you won't come to Jesus that you might have life. It's YOUR loss my friend.

JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, JESUS, JESUS…OH HOW I LOVE THAT NAME!

KJ

Amen Jack!

Precious Jesus – Precious Jesus – Precious Jesus – Precious Jesus – Precious Jesus! We praise and worship you our great God and Savior!

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 12 2011,14:05)

Then how is it that Christ comes from a Moabite woman named Ruth?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 13 2011,01:42)

This is the essence of your resistance to the plain fact that the the sons of God in Genesis 6 were not angels.

Why don't you finish the scripture, Jack?  ???

Many are “sons of God”.  Jesus is the only BEGOTTEN son of God.  And THAT is how Jesus is distinguished from all the others…………not by being a “son of God”, as ALL angels and men are, but by being the only BEGOTTEN Son of God.

For you to admit that they were Seth's line and not angels means that you would be forced to accept that Christ is distinguished from all other beings. You can't have that now can you? You cannot allow for the precious Savior to be in a class by Himslf.

See Pierre?  Didn't I tell you that was the reason these guys are PRETENDING to not understand clear scriptures?  :D

Jack, why don't you answer MY posts?  I have two of them from a few pages back.  I know………….I'll bump them for you because you apparently overlooked them.  :)

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bump for Jackaroo

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ Aug. 11 2011,03:27)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 10 2011,12:48)
    Jack,

Who were the sons of God that shouted for joy when God laid the foundations of the earth?

Some translations simply say “mighty ones.” Angels do not marry human women and beget offspring.

KJ

Really Jack?  Is that your answer?  :D

What does the HEBREW say, Jack?  

And why do you suppose the LXX has translated “sons of God” as “angels” in that verse?  And where is it ever said that these sons of God MARRIED the daughters of man?

Also, will you answer my question about Seth?  Since the sons of Seth were also MAN, why would Moses distinguish them from “daughters of MAN” by calling them “sons of GOD”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bump for Jack

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Aug. 11 2011,09:43)
    btw, the word “giants” in the KJV is pagan. The word “nephilim” simply means “renowned.”

Yet, the LXX also has “giants”.  Hmmm………………..

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2011,09:30)

This is the essence of your resistance to the plain fact that the the sons of God in Genesis 6 were not angels.

Why don't you finish the scripture, Jack?  ???

Many are “sons of God”.  Jesus is the only BEGOTTEN son of God.  And THAT is how Jesus is distinguished from all the others…………not by being a “son of God”, as ALL angels and men are, but by being the only BEGOTTEN Son of God.

Mike

Oh I see, so God only called Jesus “Son”, yet the others are sons?

“To which of the angels did “HE EVER SAY“, 'You are my Son'…?”

The scripture doesn't say “To which of the angels did he ever say you are my Begotten son”, does it Mike?

However we do have scriptures calling men “Sons”.

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son (not sons) into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. herefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ. Gal 4:6, 7

So did the angels also recieve the Spirit of the Son?

Is there a scripture where an angel calls God their Father?

Are the angels also heirs of God through Christ?

You revile Jack for what extent he would go to defend his doctrine, yet you have denied clear scriptures that say the angels are not heirs or sons of God for he never said to any angel “YOU ARE MY SON”.

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 13 2011,08:56)

The scripture doesn't say “To which of the angels did he ever say you are my Begotten son”, does it Mike?

Actually it does, Keith.

The WHOLE thought is:  Hebrews 1:5
    For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you” ?

And the scripture doesn't mean that God never called any angel his son.  It means that of all of the spirit sons He has, He has only BEGOTTEN one of them.

Keith, why don't you address the two posts I just bumped for Jack?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2011,09:08)

Quote (Lightenup @ Aug. 11 2011,20:36)
    Mike,
    Does Luke 4:8 speak about worshiping 'Jehovah your God' or the Lord (adonai) your God?  What was written that is being referred to, Jehovah or adonai?

There is only one Lord for us, is what Paul tells us.

Kathi

Well, actually both Kathi.

Jesus is recorded as saying “kurios/adonai”, but he is directly quoting a scripture that says “YHWH”.

Connect the dots, Kathi.  Jehovah IS the “Lord” that Jesus mentions in Luke 4:8.

Revelation 21:22
    I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Who is “the Lord God Almighty” in this scripture, Kathi?  And who is the Lamb?

mike

Mike,
    We are to worship Jehovah. Luke 4:8 does not specify the Father. Jehovah is both the Father and the Son.

Do you think that Rev 21:22 is Adonai God Almighty or Jehovah God Almighty, Jehovah God is a common name of Jehovah in the OT, so I would say that 'Lord God Almighty' would apply to the unity of the Father and the Son. The Lamb is the role that the Son of God has as the Messiah.

Kathi

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 13 2011,10:06)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 13 2011,08:56)

Actually it does, Keith.

The WHOLE thought is:  Hebrews 1:5
    For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have begotten you” ?

And the scripture doesn't mean that God never called any angel his son.  It means that of all of the spirit sons He has, He has only BEGOTTEN one of them.

Then why don't you give us a scripture where God calls an angelic being “Son”.

Why don't you answer questions anymore Mike?

So did the angels also recieve the Spirit of the Son?

Is there a scripture where an angel calls God their Father?

Are the angels also heirs of God through Christ?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account