Titus 2:13, 14 Proof that Jesus is The Saviour!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    I don't know when it will be sung or if it has been sung already. I do know that it was true as soon as Jesus was slain.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 11 2011,21:47)
    Pierre,
    I don't know when it will be sung or if it has been sung already.  I do know that it was true as soon as Jesus was slain.

Kathi

kathi

to me it could only be when the 144k are in heaven because they are part of the song and the fulfilment of the song

they are the new Jerusalem that will govern the earth

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Ok Pierre, I haven't studied it enough to know for myself.
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 12 2011,18:04)
    Ok Pierre, I haven't studied it enough to know for myself.
    Kathi

:) :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ July 10 2011,21:28)

You wouldn't be speaking to your father if he never had children would you

That doesn't address my point at all, Kathi.  If I talk to my EARTH father, I don't imagine I'm talking to him AND one of his other sons at the same time.  So why, when I talk to my HEAVENLY Father, would I imagine I'm talking to Him AND one of HIS other sons at the same time?

The Son through whom all things came always was our one Lord.

And who was it that MADE him Lord even back then?  Who appointed him?  Who set him on Zion?  Who gave him everything he has?  Who brought him forth?

Btw, what scripture tells you that Jesus was “always” our Lord?

The wife doesn't need to be sitting next to the man for him to be the family man, she just needs to be his wife.

So then your “mighty + mighty = Almighty” equation was flawed, huh?  Because if the Father has ALWAYS been and Jesus has ALWAYS been, then BOTH of them have ALWAYS been Almighty, right?  So Jesus BY HIMSELF is Almighty, simply because the Father exists.  And the Father BY HIMSELF is Almighty, simply because Jesus exists.  Is this correct?

According to the humanity of Jesus, God made Him Lord and Christ but according to His divinity through whom all things came, He always was our one Lord.

And how do you explain Paul thanking the God OF our Lord Jesus Christ?  Does our Lord Almighty HAVE a God of His own?  Or could 8:6 be placing our God and our Lord in their respective ranks?  The One who is our “God” is the HEAD of the one who is our Lord, right?

Mike if someone was almighty would he not also be mighty?  Geesh!

EXACTLY!  Gotcha!  See, it was YOU who brought up the “fact” that when God is only called “mighty”, it is referring to ONLY the Father, and when He is called “Almighty”, it refers to the Father WITH His Son.

It was YOU who claimed that since Jesus is called “mighty god” AND the Father is called “mighty god”, that it takes BOTH of them to make the combo “Almighty God”.

But it seems you ARE smart enough to know that our ONLY Almighty God could also be called a “mighty God”, without taking away from the fact He is still ALMIGHTY.

How's your new invented doctrine holding up so far? :)

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All :
    Mike I agree ….
    just to add to your statement is this ;
    Q:: Where is Jesus now ?
    A :: sitting at the right side of our Father
    Q :: doing what ?
    A :: interceeding to our Father on our behalf

Our Father is the creator ; Then the spirit of God moved upon the void, (Gen 1: )
    and Jesus (His Son) was there from the beginning.

The third heaven that Paul spoke about called paradise must be some place because it was created before the heaven(s) were. Jesus went back to his rightful place at the throne of our Father.

food for thought :D

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ July 17 2011,00:20)
    Hi All :
             Mike I agree ….
                     Q::    Where is Jesus now ?
                     A ::   sitting at the right side of our Father
                     Q ::   doing what ?
                     A ::   interceeding to our Father on our behalf

Our Father is the creator ; Then the spirit of God moved upon the void, (Gen 1: )

The third heaven that Paul spoke about called paradise must be some place because it was created before the heaven(s) were. Jesus went back to his rightful place at the throne of our Father.

food for thought    :D

HM

GEN 1:1 In the beginning God made the heaven and the earth. 2 But the earth was unsightly and unfurnished, and darkness was over the deep, and the Spirit of God moved over the water

LXX version

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thehappyman @ July 16 2011,00:20)
    Mike I agree ….

Hi Happyman,

And I will add to your statement:

in·ter·cede   /ˌɪntərˈsid/  Show Spelled
    [in-ter-seed]  Show IPA

–verb (used without object), -ced·ed, -ced·ing.  
    1. to act or interpose in behalf of someone in difficulty or trouble, as by pleading or petition: to intercede with the governor for a condemned man.

Jesus PLEADS to his own God, who just happens to also be our God, in our behalf.  

Thank you Jehovah God for the gift of Your Son – without whom we'd be lost.  Amen.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (thehappyman @ July 16 2011,17:20)
    Hi All :
             Mike I agree ….

food for thought    :D

Our Father said that His Son is the Creator (Heb. 1:8-10). If He is your Father as you claim you won't argue with Him about it.

KJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

No He didn't, Jack. But you just keep on claiming that He did if it makes you happy. You might, however, want to reconcile your claim against the prayer in Acts 4, where it is made clear EXACTLY WHO created the heavens, the earth, and EVERYTHING in them. It is also made clear who this ONE'S Holy SERVANT is.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I am answering these types of questions of yours on the Worship thread. Ask me any still unanswered questions from here over to there. Thanks!
    Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

I'm not sure if this verse has been added to this thread. Salvation belongs to both!

Rev 7:10
    And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb”

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 19 2011,14:02)
    I'm not sure if this verse has been added to this thread.  Salvation belongs to both!

And they cried out in a loud voice: “Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb”

Kathi

yes it is true ,but it does not belong to both for the same reason;

Gods reason is to allow it to be fulfilled according to his will.

the lamb Christ;for doing the will of God until dead

All is of Gods will ,always was and always will be.

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I will add to Pierre's comment:

Why Kathi?  Why is salvation through “our God“, AND the Lamb?  Who set it up this way?  Who is the ONE who gave Jesus the COMMAND to give his life and take it up again?  Who's will did Jesus say he always does?

So, do you think it was Jesus who decided that salvation would come through God and His Lamb?  Or does it make more sense that God Himself purposed for this to be the case?

Our FATHER in heaven, may YOUR will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

peace,
    mike

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    I think that it was both their decision and foreordained before the foundation of the world.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,13:00)
    Mike,
    I think that it was both their decision and foreordained before the foundation of the world.

Kathi

the scriptures make sound is that God is the will all others comply

do you have a scripture for your interpretation?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Do you realize that the Son was in the beginning with the Father before the foundation of the world?

Do you think they didn't discuss anything before the foundation of the world? Do you think that the Son had no say in anything that was planned for Him to accomplish?

Do a study on what was foreordained or ordained before the foundation of the world.

Let me know if you have a problem finding scriptures about this.

Kathi

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 19 2011,07:02)
    I'm not sure if this verse has been added to this thread.  Salvation belongs to both!

Good verse Kathi!

Jack

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,07:28)
    Pierre,
    Do you realize that the Son was in the beginning with the Father before the foundation of the world?

Do you think they didn't discuss anything before the foundation of the world? Do you think that the Son had no say in anything that was planned for Him to accomplish?

Do a study on what was foreordained or ordained before the foundation of the world.

Kathi

Kathi,

It means “before the foundation of the age,” that is, the new covenant age.

The Revelation says that Christ was slain before the foundation of the world. We know that it was not before the foundation of the creation that He was slain but before the foundation of the age.

Jack

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ July 20 2011,16:21)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 20 2011,07:28)
    Pierre,

Do you think they didn't discuss anything before the foundation of the world?  Do you think that the Son had no say in anything that was planned for Him to accomplish?

Kathi

Kathi,

It means “before the foundation of the age,” that is, the new covenant age.

The Revelation says that Christ was slain before the foundation of the world. We know that it was not before the foundation of the creation that He was slain but before the foundation of the age.

Jack

KJ

you and Kathi comments are now more confusing than ever

could you clarify your statements ,

thank you

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account