The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

NH.
    God says He desires that none should perish.
    Isaiah 46:11 …And all my desire I (God) will do. You argue against scripture?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Jan. 14 2009,17:19)
    NH.
    God says He desires that none should perish.
      Isaiah 46:11  …And all my desire I (God) will do.  You argue against scripture?

Chosenone……….Amen brother, That is The LORD'S will and desire and purpose, and His POWER and PURPOSES will be done, no matter what anyone says. He alone is the only true GOD and there is NO other.

Love and peace to you and yours…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    Indeed.
    But we do presume to predict his actions.
    He has already sent His Son with the offer of mercy and forgiveness.
    The door is open

Participant

Hi:

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Rev 22:14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Rev 22:15 For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767………I thought according to you and Nick………They were all burned up when Jesus returned and now you say for with out are these evil people, why were they not burned up in a literal fire Nick speaks of at Christ return. Interesting seems to be some confusion going on here.

peace………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Where was gehenna in relationship to Jerusalem?

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 15 2009,09:53)
    942767………I thought according to you and Nick………They were all burned up when Jesus returned and now you say for with out are these evil people, why were they not burned up in a literal fire Nick speaks of at Christ return. Interesting seems to be some confusion going on here.

peace………………..gene

Hi Gene:

I am not confused. The confusion comes when you and others give your opinions unsupported by scripture.

Try these scriptures:

2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

2Pe 3:11 [Seeing] then [that] all these things shall be dissolved, what manner [of persons] ought ye to be in [all] holy conversation and godliness,

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767……….where is all the people you and nick say are going to be burned up in what you quoted, Saying the elements shall melt is far from Saying people are being throwing into this fire. Your posted scripture does not at all back up you and Nicks version of what God is going to do with His creation of Human beings. The are not the earth or the elements and they don't melt as described. So we are to (ASSUME) you prediction of GOD casting His Children into and inferno should be added to the scriptures you quoted right>

Sorry 94, if you and Nick want to try to use you scriptures to arouse fear of being burned up, you need to prove it by direct scripture, none of what you posted prove any of that.

peace and love………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Who among the saved fears the wrath of God?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………none, only the fearful and unbelieving.

peace and love…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Then what have you to fear from what scripture says?
    We just show you what is written

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 15 2009,12:46)
    942767……….where is all the people you and nick say are going to be burned up in what you quoted, Saying the elements shall melt is far from Saying people are being throwing into this fire.  Your posted scripture does not at all back up you and Nicks version of what God is going to do with His creation of Human beings. The are not the earth or the elements  and they don't melt as described. So we are to (ASSUME) you prediction of GOD casting His Children into and inferno should be added to the scriptures you quoted right>

Sorry 94, if you and Nick want to try to use you scriptures to arouse fear of being burned up, you need to prove it by direct scripture, none of what you posted prove any of that.

peace and love………………..gene

No Gene:

God will not cast his children into an inferno, but he will cast those who obey the devil into the inferno.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……I am not the one that is FEARFUL, remember, it you that preach a fear religion not me brother. I preach that “we have not received a SPIRIT of FEAR but of POWER and a SOUND MIND”.

peace and love……………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    No, scripture, even in the last book, encourages a wise relationship with our God
    Revelation 14:7
    and he said with a loud voice, ” Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………So now you saying we should through our bibles away and follow what you say. When you don't even have enough since to know the word FEAR in Scripture means Reverence and respect. And all the scriptures quoted to you over and over and over have never sunk in yet. I thought you believes the word of GOD. But it appears you only believe what you want to believe and just toss out the rest.

And you may have every reason to fear when the times comes because of all the (HARSH) thing you have said about our loving FATHER. Preaching your fear mongering religion of him burning up His creation, it might be a good thing you fear and tremble. Being made right through fear does not work it never did, The FATHER creates us right in our hearts and minds to love HIM and RESPECT HIM. Nothing is perfected in fear , O sorry you don't believe scripture i forgot. unless it meets you own Gospel.

peace and love……………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You say
    “The FATHER creates us right in our hearts and minds to love HIM and RESPECT HIM.”

Certainly for those who are walking in Christ.
    But the heathen have no such hope.

Matthew 10:38
    And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Gb,
    In another thread you wrote.

“Kingdom is a word and it simply means where a Will is exercised over other wills,”

That will be the case when Jesus and his Father in him, rules the earth[ps2].

But as you say everyone has a will and it never dies.

In the kingdom of God that will is submitted to Christ as he is to to God.

We cannot kill our will but we deny ourselves
    Luke 9:23
    And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

We must let the Spirit of God lead us to produce useful fruit
    Gal5
    18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Lk22
    42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Man is a wilful creature.
    Driven by lusts and desires knowingly and unknowingly he walks towards destruction.

The safe place is in the will of God and we are to pray daily that His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.[mt6]
    Only after we join with His Son and learn to submit does that will become apparent.
    Remain as you are when first called.[1cor7.26]
    Let the wind guide.[jn3]

Then we ask for what aligns with that will and not be frustrated but remain in his peace.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 20 2009,04:21)
    Gb,
    In another thread you wrote.

“Kingdom is a word and it simply means where a Will is exercised over other wills,”

That will be the case when Jesus and his Father in him, rules the earth[ps2].

But as you say everyone has a will and it never dies.

In the kingdom of God that will is submitted to Christ as he is to to God.  

We cannot kill our will but we deny ourselves
    Luke 9:23
    And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.  

We must let the Spirit of God lead us to produce useful fruit
    Gal5
    18But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

19Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Lk22
    42Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

nick

it seems that gene shows the choice we have to serve God in his way or our way ,but we have to decide which one we like to fallow.

it is also understood that after our choice is made we have to produce the deeds of our faith,just like Cornelius were he was doing so many good deeds it as gone to God, and he and is whole house received the Holy spirit.

Pierre

chosenone
    Participant

Isaiah 46:10 …Saying, All My counsel shall be confirmed.
    And all My desire will I do.
    46:11 …Indeed, I speak! Indeed, I will bring it about!
    I formed. Indeed, I will do it.

It seems some think “Gods will” is just a wish, or a hope He wants, and needs mankinds help to accomplish. Nothing is further from the truth. Gods will “WILL BE DONE”. We have no part in our salvation. God is the saviour of all mankind. (1Tim.4:10)

Also Eph.2:10 “For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them”.

To God be the Glory, not oneself!

Blessings, Jerry.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account