The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Doing the will of God requires our choice.

Deuteronomy 30:19
    I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….your forgetting they were all carnal minded and they all chose the way of the flesh. Your comparing the CARNAL mind with THE SPIRITUAL MIND , big difference. What you quoted only proves the point , with out GOD working in a person they (can not chose) God's way, and will alway chose the wrong , unless GOD is directing there Choices, Man can't you understand that? WE ARE SAVED BY GRACE< when are you going to understand that?

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The point was the offering of choices by God to men.
    Walk while the light is with you.
    The darkness comes.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…is it the TEN CHOICES GOD GAVE< OR THE TEN (COMMANDMENTS) HE GAVE. Why do you think He (commanded them) instead of saying chose for your self what right of wrong. It doesn't matter what choices God gave them they just could not chose the right way, and the point is made clear by history, You can not compare a CARNAL mind, with a SPIRITUAL mind. One has God's internal direction the other does not.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The Mind of Christ glorifies his words given to him by God, not those of other men.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….Again you don't know what you are saying, Jesus quoted many times from other Prophets in the old testament and confirmed their words. I think you attempts to put me down has blinded you to the truth of what Jesus even said and quoted. IMO

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy.
    The prophets ministered in the same Spirit.
    God spoke through them and him.

All were reported accurately and none were influenced by paganism.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The will of God is done on earth through those submitted to it and empowered by grace.
    That will for us can have different levels of expression from perfect to acceptable.

Romans 12:2
    And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The heathen remain under the wrath of God and His will is done despite them.
    We are privileged to be allowed a small part in His plan by aligning with His will.

chosenone
    Participant

2Cor.5:18-19. …18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.

No one, in this age, is under Gods wrath. This is an error in teaching. God has conciliated the WORLD to Himself though His Son and His sacrifice, to teach otherwise, is blasphemy.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    There are sheep and goats.
    Only the sheep have a hopeful future.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    This new age you speak of where all are saved-did you derive it as a new gospel from one of Paul's letters to the saved?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 18 2008,07:31)
    CO,
    This new age you speak of where all are saved-did you derive it as a new gospel from one of Paul's letters to the saved?

You're the only one I know of that teaches this “new age” thing?

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    The door of Jesus stands still open for those who seek salvation.
    There is no blanket forgiveness for the heathen.
    All must repent[Acts 17]

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    The will of God is that men receive the Saviour Jesus.
    He came unto his own who did not receive him.
    Men who are born of the will of God become His sons.

Jn1
    11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 20 2008,10:30)
    CO,
    The will of God is that men receive the Saviour Jesus.
    He came unto his own who did not receive him.
    Men who are born of the will of God become His sons.

Jn1
    11He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Written to the Jews.

NickHassan
    Participant

CO,
    These words were written by Luke.
    Was he also commisioned only for the Jews?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The will of God is that we come to Jesus.
    Jn6
    38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

41The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven.

42And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?

43Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

He can give us eternal life.

Some foolishly believe all have it already without coming to him.

Tiffany
    Participant

It is the only way by Faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved and that not of ourself, so that we will not boast.Ephesian 2:8
    We are in the New Covenant
    luke 22:20
    Peace and Love Irene

chosenone
    Participant

Tiffany.
    I like your post, especially “and that not of ourself”. Some feel that they can obtain salvation by their own works.

Blessings.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account