The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

I agree brother Nick, please see my post I even differentiated soul from spirit.

Shania
    Participant

So how does this relate to “flesh man” and “spirit man”? Is the soul the “flesh man”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    Do you mean inner man and outer man?
    Soul is of the inner man of the breath of God.

Shania
    Participant

Not following ???

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Shania………the way i understand it is Flesh Body + Spirit= Soul. A spirit without a body is simple spirit and all spirit comes is given by one God and Spirit can be detached from a body and when the body dies , the Spirit goes back to Him that gave it. The man ceases to function and is in a state of rest because the Spirit is still alive, And at the resurrection GOD will gives us new bodies like the one Jesus has and our Spirits will be put in the new body and man will again become a living and functioning Soul. That the way I understand it.

Peact to you and yours…………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    1Thess 5
    23And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly;
    and I pray God your whole

spirit
    and soul
    and body

be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…..so you believe there Are three components that make up a person, the spirit, the body, the soul. Right.

Can you explain why Jesus did not mention that when he said don't fear them who can destroy the (BODY) but after that can do nothing else, But fear Him who can destory BOTH (Body and Soul) in the fire, interesting He did not see any thing to worry about or take into consideration.

Can you tell us why He didn't mention all three as you seam to think compose us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gb,
    Scripture says the spirit returns to God [ecc12]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….now that a real answer to my question. Face it Nick you have no idea what you talking about, You just pull out some scripture some where but can't explain what your view is. Why don't you try answering some questions that are ask you ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    This is not an evil spirit.
    Proverbs 20:27
    The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD,Searching all the innermost parts of his being.

Zechariah 12:1
    The burden of the word of the LORD concerning Israel. Thus declares the LORD who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him,

If these were the spirits Jesus cast out then all would have died.

Jas2
    26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick ….> quit jumping around grabbing straws and trying to imply things i am not saying, Tell us about the three components of man , the Spirit , the Body and the Soul, and tell us why Jesus said what i quoted and did not add the Spirit into it. Don't go of jabbering about something else just stick to subject matter if you can.

Participant

Quote (Shania @ July 16 2008,14:39)

Quote (942767 @ July 17 2008,06:10)
    Hi All:

When Jesus died his spirit went to God.  He was dead, but he is alive his spirit(the Word of God, the spirit of the Son) as well as God Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God our Father) is in his new body.

God Bless

Could you clarify this a bit?  Thanks :D

Hi Shania:

When we are born again God our Father dwells within us by His Holy Spirit to teach us His Word. As we learn to apply the His Word to our daily lives we become like Jesus who is the express image of His person. The person that we become through obedience to God's Word is the spirit of the Son.

Jesus stated:

Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.

It is the spirit of the Son that animates the soul. The scripture states that:

the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.

When Jesus died he cried:

Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost

When he was raised from the dead:

Rom 1:4 And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Some say that the Spirit of Christ is the same as the Holy Spirit, but my understanding is that the spirit of Christ is the spirit of the Son. The Holy Spirit is not the Spirit of Christ but is God's Holy Spirit (1 Co 2:10).

In is in the spirit of Christ that we have eternal life because the Father by His Spirit dwelling within Jesus and us gives us life.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

So then can you see that the Word of God eternal. In the beginning was the Word (the spirit of the Son) and the Word was with God and God was the Word, and we who have the spirit of Christ(the spirit of the Son) will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I hope that I have clarified my statement for you.

God Bless

Shania
    Participant

942767…..

I just totally fugured out your name. In '94, you were 27 because you were born in '67!!!!!!

Boo- ya!

[do I win a prize??? :D ]

Shania
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 20 2008,03:55)

Quote (Shania @ July 16 2008,14:39)

Quote (942767 @ July 17 2008,06:10)
    Hi All:

When Jesus died his spirit went to God.  He was dead, but he is alive his spirit(the Word of God, the spirit of the Son) as well as God Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God our Father) is in his new body.

God Bless

Could you clarify this a bit?  Thanks :D

Hi Shania:

When we are born again God our Father dwells within us by His Holy Spirit to teach us His Word.  As we learn to apply the His Word to our daily lives we become like Jesus who is the express image of His person.  The person that we become through obedience to God's Word is the spirit of the Son.

Jesus stated:

Jhn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.  

It is the spirit of the Son that animates the soul.  The scripture states that:

the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.

When Jesus died he cried:

Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost

When he was raised from the dead:

Rom 1:4  And declared [to be] the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Some say that the Spirit of Christ is the same as the Holy Spirit, but my understanding is that the spirit of Christ is the spirit of the Son.  The Holy Spirit is not the Spirit of Christ but is God's Holy Spirit (1 Co 2:10).

In is in the spirit of Christ that we have eternal life because the Father by His Spirit dwelling within Jesus and us gives us life.

Rom 8:11  But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

So then can you see that the Word of God eternal.  In the beginning was the Word (the spirit of the Son) and the Word was with God and God was the Word, and we who have the spirit of Christ(the spirit of the Son) will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I hope that I have clarified my statement for you.

God Bless

This is really good and makes sense… thank you!!!! I still do not believe that I fully understand, but this makes more sense than anything else that I have read or heard in the matter, and I can see how it lines up in scripture. [not just based on one verse]

Thanks!!!

Participant

Quote (Shania @ July 19 2008,12:34)
    942767…..

I just totally fugured out your name.  In '94, you were 27 because you were born in '67!!!!!!

Boo- ya!

Hi Shania:

Yes, you do win the prize, but not because you figured our my name, although it was a nice try, but because of who you are in Christ Jesus.

God Bless

Shania
    Participant

Thanks, 94 :D

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Shania @ July 19 2008,12:34)
    942767…..

I just totally fugured out your name.  In '94, you were 27 because you were born in '67!!!!!!

Boo- ya!

Hi Shania,
    A good mathematics 94=27+67
    Love to you
    Adam :p

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 18 2008,16:04)
    Nick ….> quit jumping around grabbing straws and trying to imply things i am not saying, Tell us about the three components of man , the Spirit , the Body and the Soul, and tell us why Jesus said what i quoted and did not add the Spirit into it. Don't go of jabbering about something else just stick to subject matter if you can.

Hi Gb,
    Perhaps you should read 1 thess 5?
    We do not need to make it up.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….I have read it and it does not say there are three things composing a man and had you listened to what Jesus said in what i quoted you, you would have seen He never mentioned three components of a man that could be destroyed did he, he simple mentioned two components the body and the soul, because the soul is the total of a man, which is composed of Body and spirit.
    Another words to simplify it for you,

BODY+SPIRIT=SOUL , no where in scripture is that disproved

Now if you believe a man is composed of body, soul ,and spirit please explain it then.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The spirit returns to God at death.[ecc12]
    That leaves body and soul.

Viewing 20 posts - 321 through 340 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account