The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    Shania
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 16 2008,17:55)
    Adam……The mind (OF) Christ is the mind (OF) the (ANOINTING CHRIST HAD) which is the mind of GOD'S Spirit, thats the same mind thats in all who have God's Spirit in them.

peace…………gene

I believe this, too :D

Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 16 2008,13:12)

Quote (Shania @ July 16 2008,04:22)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 16 2008,17:17)
    Is the 'mind of Christ' related to the Spirit of Christ?
    Those were my questions.
    Thanks
    Adam

Hi Adam-

I think the Spirit of a person influences their mind.  The Spirit that is in you is who you are.  The mind is controlled by the Spirit.

The Spirit of Christ is always submitted to the Spirit of God.  They are one in purpose and in action.  He only does what the Father tells him and evrything that he has recieved is from the Father.

If we have the mind of Christ it is because the spirit of Christ is in us.  He is the mediator and because his spirit is in us, the Father comes and makes His home in us.  He is the way to intimacy and fellowship with the Father

Hi Shania,
    Thanks for that post. But one thing Jesus gave up his spirit on his death on the cross as our brother Nick says. It is a literal thing like any man's spirit leaves him and goes to God on his death.
    Love and peace to you
    Adam

Hi All:

When Jesus died his spirit went to God. He was dead, but he is alive his spirit(the Word of God, the spirit of the Son) as well as God Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God our Father) is in his new body.

God Bless

Participant

The Mind of Christ:

Phl 2:5 ¶ Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
    Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
    Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 17 2008,06:10)
    Hi All:

When Jesus died his spirit went to God.  He was dead, but he is alive his spirit(the Word of God, the spirit of the Son) as well as God Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God our Father) is in his new body.

God Bless

Could you clarify this a bit? Thanks :D

Shania
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 17 2008,05:12)
    Hi Shania,
    Thanks for that post. But one thing Jesus gave up his spirit on his death on the cross as our brother Nick says. It is a literal thing like any man's spirit leaves him and goes to God on his death.
    Love and peace to you
    Adam

A man's spirit leaves his body- it is not possible for a man's spirit to leave himself, for that is who he is.

Where do you believe Jesus' spirit is now?

I am pondering as I am typing and I believe that Jesus' spirit is with the Father, making intercession for us. He is not omnipresent, so when scripture refers to “the spirit of Messiah” is in us, it must mean that the “mind of Christ” is in us- a spirit of sonship; a spirit of submission…. what do you guys think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    It seems unlikely that the Son of God had more spirits than we do as he was like us in all ways except sin..
    We can have our own spirit and the Holy Spirit, not three.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    Ecc 12
    7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Even animals.
    Ecc3
    Ecclesiastes 3:21
    Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

Shania
    Participant

what does this mean, (in practical, real-life terms)???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi shania,
    What does scripture say?

The spirit of man belongs to God and returns to God.
    Proverbs 20:27
    The spirit of man is the lamp of the LORD,Searching all the innermost parts of his being.

Shania
    Participant

does this mean that the spirit of a man can be apart fom himself? [not his body]

Where is the spirit of Christ?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    What remains when the body dies and the spirit leaves is the soul
    and if we reborn from above we remain alive to God in His Spirit as Jesus and the men of old do.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 16 2008,17:34)
    Hi Shania,
    What remains when the body dies and the spirit leaves is the soul
    and if we reborn from above we remain alive to God in His Spirit as Jesus and the men of old do.

Hi brother,
    Can you explain how men of old are living just like us who are born of Spirit as you have mentioned above?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Matthew 22:32
    I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Lk20
    37Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.

38For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

John 8:56
    Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

gollamudi
    Participant

Sorry to question you my brother, Are they conscious of things after their death like us as you have compared them with us?

Shania
    Participant

Dude, I totally forgot about the soul!

I guess it is because I never understood the difference between the spirit of a man and his soul. Can you explain this?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam….scripture says when a man dies he doesn't know nothing His thoughts parish, It also says All these died in faith not receiving the promises, and David is both dead and buried and his scripture remained to that day and went on to say David is (NOT) risen. When a man dies the spirit goes back to him who gave it and the man is said to be in a sleep state and will remain that way until he is resurrected.

peace to you and your……….. gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Thank you very much brother Gene you have uttered my words.

Hi Shania,
    Our soul is the result of our body and spirit that is given by God. Without spirit our soul will not exit. Spirit is the life of the soul. Adam became living soul when the breath of God entered him when he was created. Hope others will share their views for you.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    There is a division between the soul and the spirit.

Heb4
    12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

What do you make of the teaching Jesus gave in Lk16?

Shania
    Participant

Nick-

What differentiates the soul from the spirit?

Thanks

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi shania,
    The spirit gives life.

Jas2
    26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

But a word of caution.
    Scripture also calls spirits certain beings such as angels, demons, ghosts…

Mt14
    26When the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out in fear.

Lk24
    37But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account