The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Do you think we don't have the mind of Christ in us? No my brother, we have two minds(spirits) in us our own mind and the mind of Christ. Whichever we apply that becomes the logic whether human or God's.
    Thanks
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The spirit is not our mind.

gollamudi
    Participant

“For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:16), I meant that we have the mind of Christ through the Spirit of Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    And we have so much more from the Spirit of God, even the love of God.

Romans 5:5
    And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

The spirit is not the mind.

gollamudi
    Participant

So you mean Christ's mind is not related to his Spirit? Then how did you receive the the mind of Christ in you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    By feeding on the bread of life illuminated by the Spirit who wrote it.

Jn6
    63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

gollamudi
    Participant

So you don't agree that Spirit is already in you? That mind of Christ already in you pl. see the verse I quoted above.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The birth of Christ into us is a slow painful process.

Gal4
    19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

20I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

gollamudi
    Participant

No clarity in applying scriptures.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Every new christian thinks he is inspired by the mind of Christ while he continues his carnal way.

If you are led by the Spirit of God then you will love and speak the words of Christ, you will love as he did and take care with your imaginations, your heart and your tongue.

Time .. time .. time..and pondering.

God is not aloof and so fixed in His plans that He cannot accomodate the hopes and prayers of His children. He loves them.

Shania
    Participant

The mind of Christ and the Spirit are two separate things, but very closely interwoven.  You see, it is the mind of Christ that gives access to the Spirit of God, which knows the mind of God.  For only the spirit within a man can know his mind.  It is the same with the Spirit of God.  Christ is of God, we are of Christ.  By taking on the mind of Christ, [which is always submitted to the Spirit], we are able to fellowship with and be led by the Spirit, who teaches us the very things of God.

1 Cor 2:16-3:4

16 “For who has known the mind of the Lord
    that he may instruct him?”

But we have the mind of Christ .

1 Corinthians 3

3:1 Brothers, I could not address you as spiritual but as worldly — mere infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere men? 4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere men?
    NIV

1 Cor 3:21-4:2
    21 So then, no more boasting about men! All things are yours, 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future — all are yours, 23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

1 Corinthians 4

4:1 So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God.
    NIV

This passage is saying that it is absolutely impossible for man to understand the mind of YHWH.  However, we have a mediator, that is Messiah [Christ].  We have the mind of Christ because he has gone before us to show us the way to the Father.  He is the way.  This means that we must follow his pattern and take on his mindset.  What is his mindset and his attitude?  To do the will of the Father and nothing else.  If we are “of Christ” who is “of God”, then we have been entrusted with “secret things of God.”  As we grow more and more into the mind of Christ, our understanding of the ways of God deepens because we are fellowshipping with His Spirit.  You have to be of Christ in order to have access to the Spirit.

Why do we need the mind of Christ to fellowship with the Spirit?  Because the mind of Christ is always submitted to the Spirit:

Acts 16:6-7

6 Paul and his companions traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. 7 When they came to the border of Mysia, they tried to enter Bithynia, but the Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to.
    NIV

Why does it say “The Spirit of Jesus would not allow them to” ?  

It is because the sprit of Jesus is always submitted to the Holy Spirit [The Spirit of God]…. And the Holy Spirit was keeping them from going to Asia.   Christ [who was in them] would not allow them to go against the Father’s will.

This is the submissive heart attitude [mind] of Christ:

John 8:49-50
    “but I honor my Father and you dishonor me. 50 I am not seeking glory for myself
    NIV

John 8:54

54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father , whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me
    NIV

John 10:17-18
    17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life — only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father .”
    NIV

John 10:29
    29 My Father , who has given them to me, is greater than all
    NIV

John 10:37-38
    37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.
    NIV

John 14:31
    31 but the world must learn that I love the Father and that I do exactly what my Father has commanded me.
    NIV

John 15:15
    for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
    NIV

John 16:32
    et I am not alone, for my Father is with me.
    NIV

Rev 2:27

just as I have received authority from my Father .
    NIV

He truly is the way, the truth, and the life.  He is the way; we must follow the pattern and walk the path that he walked.

Matt 4:19-20
    19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”  
    NIV

Matt 8:22

22 But Jesus told him, “Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead.”  
    NIV

Matt 10:37-39
    38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
    NIV

Matt 16:24-26

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it.
    NIV

Matt 19:21

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
    NIV

John 10:26-28
    27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
    NIV

John 13:36
    “Where I am going, you cannot follow now, but you will follow later.”  
    NIV

John 21:22-23

22 Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.”  
    NIV

1 Cor 11:1
    11:1 Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ.
    NIV

1 Cor 14:1
    14:1 Follow the way of love
    NIV

Rev 14:4
    4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes.
    NIV

1 John 2:6
    6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
    NIV

John 14:3-7
    4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”  

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way ?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    NIV

John 14:11-12
    12 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
    NIV

John 14:15-16

15 “If you love me, you will obey what I command.
    NIV

John 14:23-24

23 Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
    NIV

This is why it takes the mind of Christ to fellowship with the Spirit.  The mind of Christ is obedience and submission.

John 14:25-27

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
    NIV

The Holy Spirit comes to us only through Messiah [the way]

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi shania,
    Good stuff.
    But the spirit of Jesus left him at his death.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Shania,
    Great effort in explaining the mind and Spirit. But my question was how do we have this 'mind of Christ' in us as mentioned in 1 Cori 2:16?

Please see the verses in 1 Cor 2:
    10 “but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit.
    The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.
    16″For who has known the mind of the Lord
    that he may instruct him?”[d] But we have the mind of Christ.

Is the 'mind of Christ' related to the Spirit of Christ?
    Those were my questions.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam……The mind (OF) Christ is the mind (OF) the (ANOINTING CHRIST HAD) which is the mind of GOD'S Spirit, thats the same mind thats in all who have God's Spirit in them.

peace…………gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene,
    Thanks for that, but our brother Nick seems he is not agreeing with this view.
    peace to you
    Adam

Shania
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 16 2008,17:17)
    Those were my questions.
    Thanks
    Adam

Hi Adam-

I think the Spirit of a person influences their mind. The Spirit that is in you is who you are. The mind is controlled by the Spirit.

The Spirit of Christ is always submitted to the Spirit of God. They are one in purpose and in action. He only does what the Father tells him and evrything that he has recieved is from the Father.

If we have the mind of Christ it is because the spirit of Christ is in us. He is the mediator and because his spirit is in us, the Father comes and makes His home in us. He is the way to intimacy and fellowship with the Father

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 16 2008,12:35)
    Hi shania,
    Good stuff.
    But the spirit of Jesus left him at his death.

John 19:30
    30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, “It is finished .” With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
    NIV

Luke 23:46
    46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit .” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
    NIV

Matt 27:50

50 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit .
    NIV

He gave up his spirit. Luke spells it out a bit more: he committed his spirit to the Father. That does not mean that it no longer exists or that it is not with him. It means that it is committed to the Father. We can do this right now, and our spirits will not leave us.

The spirit of Messiah is always committed to the Spirit of YHWH

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi shania,
    Do you not believe Jesus died like other men?
    Did his spirit not return to Gpod as ours does?[ecc12]

And how does this idea fit with Rom 5
    ” 8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

And Rom6 where we are shown to be joined now with his death that we might rise with him?

” 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection”

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 16 2008,23:42)
    Hi shania,
    Do you not believe Jesus died like other men?
    Did his spirit not return to Gpod as ours does?[ecc12]

And how does this idea fit with Rom 5
    ” 8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

And Rom6 where we are shown to be joined now with his death that we might rise with him?

”  3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection”

Yes, I believe that Jesus died just like every man does!!!!!!! It is important to believe this because if one is not dead, one cannot be resurrected. Please do not misunderstand me here :)

I am not saying that he did not die. Our bodies die, but our spirits do not. That is why Heaven and Hell are eternal.

What I was saying is that Jesus' spirit never left him, because a man's spirit is who he is. At death, the spirit leaves the body, but the body is not who you are. The spirit is the essence of who you are and Jesus' spirit was always commited to the Father.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Shania @ July 16 2008,04:22)

Quote (gollamudi @ July 16 2008,17:17)
    Those were my questions.
    Thanks
    Adam

Hi Adam-

I think the Spirit of a person influences their mind.  The Spirit that is in you is who you are.  The mind is controlled by the Spirit.

The Spirit of Christ is always submitted to the Spirit of God.  They are one in purpose and in action.  He only does what the Father tells him and evrything that he has recieved is from the Father.

If we have the mind of Christ it is because the spirit of Christ is in us.  He is the mediator and because his spirit is in us, the Father comes and makes His home in us.  He is the way to intimacy and fellowship with the Father

Hi Shania,
    Thanks for that post. But one thing Jesus gave up his spirit on his death on the cross as our brother Nick says. It is a literal thing like any man's spirit leaves him and goes to God on his death.
    Love and peace to you
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account