The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 13 2008,07:01)
    Hi,
    To support a doctrine of salvation for all, the will of God must be corralled.
    All choice by God or men must be restricted to narrow confines.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ  must be made to appear to be taken to only the Jews.
    The teachings of Paul must be seen to be a new gospel to the gentiles.  

All good and evil must be ascribed to God Himself as all others are puppets.
    Grace become enforcement and not accessible enablement.

It is hard for them and they must concentrate on working only in these issues to establish a platform.
    But such folly is of the minds of men and denies the freedom and abilities of our God and of men.

Their self appointed task is against the revelation of God so must lead to inevitable frustration.
    Such seems to be their mainfesto and explains their interest only in these issues.

May God give them light.

A lot of human wisdom here, no scripture, no word of God, no faith, just human logic…worthless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    One thing we can know from scripture is that the servants of God should know His will and obey it.

Luke 12:47
    “And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes,

Funny how some think it is not necessary to either know or obey it but it is all done by God??.

Mt6
    10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    Nothing is so clear as you think, even you have not come up with proof on certain topics. How can some body deny what others are saying without clarifying it in a different way. Mere quoting scriptures will not close any debate. That's why I believe Christianity is such a complicated religion where we want to bring out many inferences from the same scriptures.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam….you have stated it right, many So-Called Christians are more after control then truth they want people to think they Know what their talking about and position themselves over God's heritage ,They use words like is it scriptural, trying to make you think they have scripture back up, or inferring you use Human logic, like they don't, or we have to stay with scripture, like they are and your not, Lier's, hypocrites, snakes, false accusers, and when in fact when you show them they just ignore scriptures, that show their view is wrong. Be careful of these they only serve themselves. Adam as i have told you before beware of them, trust in What God has already given you (HIS SPIRIT) this I know. Do not be pulled into subjection by them.

Love to you and yours……………. gene

gollamudi
    Participant

I appreciate that brother Gene.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Gm,
    Complicated?
    Complications come from men.
    Keep it simple. Keep it scriptural.
    Seek the spirit of God Who wrote it all through men.

2cor11
    1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Be faithful to the bread of life and the morning star[Jesus-Rev21] will rise in your heart.

2Peter1

19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost

gollamudi
    Participant

But men have misinterpreted those same verses as per their wish and will. Even the the scribes or translators added and deleted many words. Which can be believed my brother? Wrong doctrines resulted because of all these human understanding and involvement will you disagree with this truth?
    You can not close your eyes by mere quoting certain verses when the verses themselves are not settling the debate on certain issues.
    Thanks
    Adam

Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 14 2008,14:05)
    But men have misinterpreted those same verses as per their wish and will. Even the the scribes or translators added and deleted many words. Which can be believed my brother? Wrong doctrines resulted because of all these human understanding and involvement will you disagree with this truth?
    You can not close your eyes by mere quoting certain verses when the verses themselves are not settling the debate on certain issues.
    Thanks
    Adam

And so, what is truth? Opinion or scripture?

2Ti 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Should we rather trust ourselves rather than what is written?
    Men have always foolishly done that.
    The fruit is denominations

gollamudi
    Participant

I agree brother Nick and 942767. But we are debating the doctrines that are invented by men in God by interpreting same scriptures. If the scriptures are so clear why there are confusions in understanding them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Why doubt when you see obstacles?
    Lift you eyes to the horizon and walk.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Adam….as i have told you before God has given you all you need, these who think they are the ones who know whats scriptures are acceptable or not are deceivers and simply trying to get control of you, they have no idea what they are saying and are here only to confuse sound logic by labeling it as human reason as if we are suppose to check our brains at the door and let the have control of them. You know every bit and more already then they , Just follow the Spirit like you are doing and let God guide you and you will be guided through these false teachers.

Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ July 14 2008,15:46)
    Adam….as i have told you before God has given you all you need, these who think they are the ones who know whats scriptures are acceptable or not are deceivers and simply trying to get control of you, they have no idea what they are saying and are here only to confuse sound logic by labeling it as human reason as if we are suppose to check our brains at the door and let the have control of them. You know every bit and more already then they , Just follow the Spirit like you are doing and let God guide you and you will be guided through these false teachers.

Hi Gene:

God will surely show whose teaching is the truth. Of this I have no doubt.

God Bless

Shania
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 15 2008,06:49)
    I agree brother Nick and 942767. But we are debating the doctrines that are invented by men in God by interpreting same scriptures. If the scriptures are so clear why there are confusions in understanding them?

That has to do with flesh and pride. You see, we don't think like He thinks. Our ways are not His ways. Our flesh likes to be comforted and are egos like to be stroked. Many times, in denominations, people will have a dogmatic belief and not know why or even understand their own belief! Then, they will be highly offended when someone else challenges it. Then, they will put all their time and effort into proving that they are right.

Do any of us know and fully understand the ways of our Father? Is it possible that any of us could be wrong about something? How should we react when our “doctrine” is challenged?

The answer is that we need to look up. Look to Him. He wants you to know Him and His ways. He is a good Father who gives good gifts to His children. When we desire Him, what will stop Him from giving Himself to us? When His desires become our desires and all that we care about is His will, how do you think He will respond?

The scriptures are clear. The gospel is simple. What is the problem? Flesh. It blinds us. This is for a reason. He is wanting something from us.

What could He possibly want? He wants us to break. He wants us to be humble before Him and ask for His wisdom. Scripture says to get wisdom and get understanding. These things are not just handed to us. We have to seek and we have to search. We have to pursue Him in order for Him to be found by us.

Jer 29:13
    13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
    NIV

Oh by the way to be “humble” means to be “not easily offended.” This is an attitude of the heart which requires and is motivated by love.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brothers and Sis,
    Thanks for encouraging me with the love of our Father. I do know how He loves me and guides me. I was only asking others to realise this and not to attack others personally by their words. we are here only to debate on certain doctrines to prove whether they are of the scriptures or not. So please don't put obstacles to the positive discussions by quoting some verses and call others as false teachers.
    Please understand my concern.
    Peace to all
    Adam

Irene
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 14 2008,20:16)
    Hi brothers and Sis,
    Thanks for encouraging me with the love of our Father. I do know how He loves me and guides me. I was only asking others to realise this and not to attack others personally by their words. we are here only  to debate on certain doctrines to prove whether they are of the scriptures or not. So please don't put obstacles to the positive discussions by quoting some verses and call others as false teachers.
    Please understand my concern.
    Peace to all
    Adam

God is good and loving, that I see that all of us no matter what our believes are , do believe. The problem comes when we as a human being let self get in the way. We all have fallen short of the glory of God. Nobody is perfect yet. Pointing fingers at others does not help anybody, only internalises others to respond in a negative way. So I say to all of you to unite in the Love of God, who is Love. That is what He wants. He wants us to Love Him and our neighbor as our self.
    Peace and Love Irene

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks Sis Irene for that post.

Shania
    Participant

Eph 4:1-6
    4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. 2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3 Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit— just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5 one Lord, one faith , one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
    NIV

This is something that we can agree on:

Eph 4:4-6
    4 There is one body and one Spirit— just as you were called to one hope when you were called— 5 one Lord, one faith , one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.
    NIV
    :D

But it takes this:

Eph 4:1-3
    2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
    NIV
    :)

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen Sis Shania.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 14 2008,14:49)

Hi GM,
    The confusion is beacuse men are not yet of the mind of Christ. They refuse to submit to the wisdom of God that is scripture and rather prefer to use scripture as far as it fits with their carnal logic dependant natural minds.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account