The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    If only it was SOLA SCRIPTURA.
    It is the intrusion of man's meddling that causes problems.

gollamudi
    Participant

Please pray for that brother, so that all our brothers and sisters may have open mind to recieve the truth of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God loves to respond to His people.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Psalm 27:8
    When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.

Psalm 63:1
    O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

2 Chronicles 15:2
    And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The LORD is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

Isaiah 55:6
    Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Such is the will of God for men

We should follow Jesus
    John 5:30
    I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The will of God is not forced on humanity.
    Mark 3:35
    “For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It is the will of God for his sons that they work in the vineyard.

28But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.

29He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

30And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

31Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The relationship between men and God is shown by their attitude to scripture.
    Lack of respect for the Word and elevating the wisdom of men are not good signs.

John 7:17
    ” If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself.

chosenone
    Participant

Of course, under the “Old Covenant” and under the”Law”, obedience and works were required of the Jews.
    Today, we are under the covenant of “Grace”, the “flesh cannot please God”. But some keep trying anyway.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone…..Nick, believes God is to weaak to take out the stoney heart and give us a heart of flesh and write his laws on our heart and minds and to transform us into his dear sons, he thinks he does it his self. He does despite to GRACE foaming out His fear. But we Know we are SAVED BY GRACE and that (NOT) of OURSELVES is is a GIFT OF GOD

Peace brother……………. gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    Who are the WE you speak of?
    God can do so but can you see that fruit?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2008,14:54)
    Hi,
    The will of God is not forced on humanity.
    Mark 3:35
    “For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother.”

Isiah 46:10-11.
    Telling the beginning , the hereafter,
    And from aforetime, what has not yet been done.
    Saying, All My councel shall be confirmed,
    And all my desire I SHALL DO!

Indeed, I speak! Indeed, I will bring it about!
    I formed. Indeed I will do it.

This scripture not in Nicks Bible.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Indeed God accomplishes His will.

Quote (chosenone @ July 11 2008,16:44)
    Of course, under the “Old Covenant” and under the”Law”, obedience and works were required of the Jews.
    Today, we are under the covenant of “Grace”, the “flesh cannot please God”.  But some keep trying anyway.

CO

So we should not be concerned with obedience and works?

This is the fallacy of the Calvinistic view. The Calvinist believes that we have no responsibility to keep his commandments any longer, “after all God does it all”!

Yet the scriptures say…

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? James 2:20

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

and…

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12

It is true that God gives us a new heart and puts his laws in us and causes us to walk in them. Yet we cannot walk in them but by the Holy Spirit. So he has given us his Spirit so that he would lead and guide and help us to obey his word. Without the spirits help we cannot walk in his works.

The Calvinist believes that the Spirit takes over and controls us without our cooperation, though scriptures clearly teach that it is given to us to walk in the Spirit or walk in the flesh. Romans chapters 6-8 shows this principle.

God has given the believer a heart of flesh, but it is still possible for the believer to be hardened again as Hebrews chapter 6 shows a falling away. The writer of Hebrews warns the believer to not let the things we have received slip. These are actions that we take part in.

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, **if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end**; While it is said,To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. Heb 3:12-15

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. Heb 4:1

There is a rest that we as believers must labor to enter into.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. Let us labour (spoudazo) therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. Hebrews 4:9-11

The Greek word for labor is (spoudazo), which means;
    1) to hasten, make haste
    2) to exert one's self, endeavour, give diligence

To say that God does it all is to lay down ones armour and be overcome by the world the flesh and the devil.

Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:14-16

The Scriptures are choked full of verses that show we need to take action by submitting to the Lord and the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit, being filled with the Spirit and allowing him to have his way in and through our lives. The choice is ours to rise and shine and put on the whole armour of God that we might fight the good fight and press toward the mark for the prize of the High calling of God which is Yeshua our pearl of great price. He is our reward.

Rewards are given to those who run and finish the course.

Blessings WJ

Shania
    Participant

WJ-

That was awesome. Very clear. Amen:D

chosenone
    Participant

Some of your quotes, James, Hebrews, are for the twelve tribes, Jews. Gentiles were not included in that era (Eph2:11-12).
    Here are some scriptures from Pauls epistles, (for the “nations”)

Eph.1:6 according as He chooses us in Him before the disruption of the world, we to be holy and flawless in His sight,

Eph.2:8-9 For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present,
    9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting.

Who will transfigure the body of our humilation, to conform it to the body of His glory, in accord with the operation which enables Him even to subject all to Himself.

Eph.2:5 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
    5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Eph.2:10 For His achievement are we, being created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God makes ready beforehand, that we should be walking in them.

Eph.4:10 that He should be completing all.

Eph.4:24 and to put on the new humanity which, in accord with God, is being created in righteousness and benignity of the truth.

Eph.4:32 dealing graciously among yourselves, according as God also, in Christ, deals graciously with you.

Ph.2:13 for it is God Who is operating in you to will as well as to work for the sake of His delight

Ph.3:21 Who will transfigure the body of our humilation, to conform it to the body of His glory, in accord with the operation which enables Him even to subject all to Himself.

Col.1:12-13 Who rescues us out of the jurisdiction of Darkness, and transports us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,

14 in Whom we are having deliverance, the pardon of sins,

2 Tim.1:9 Who saves us and calls us with a holy calling, not in accord with our acts, but in accord with His own purpose and the grace which is given to us in Christ Jesus before times eonian,

There are many more, but I'm tired, and will quit for now.

Blessings.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 12 2008,09:33)

Quote (chosenone @ July 11 2008,16:44)
    Today, we are under the covenant of “Grace”, the “flesh cannot please God”.  But some keep trying anyway.

CO

So we should not be concerned with obedience and works?

This is the fallacy of the Calvinistic view. The Calvinist believes that we have no responsibility to keep his commandments any longer, “after all God does it all”!

Yet the scriptures say…

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? James 2:20

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. James 2:26

and…

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:12

It is true that God gives us a new heart and puts his laws in us and causes us to walk in them. Yet we cannot walk in them but by the Holy Spirit. So he has given us his Spirit so that he would lead and guide and help us to obey his word. Without the spirits help we cannot walk in his works.

The Calvinist believes that the Spirit takes over and controls us without our cooperation, though scriptures clearly teach that it is given to us to walk in the Spirit or walk in the flesh. Romans chapters 6-8 shows this principle.

God has given the believer a heart of flesh, but it is still possible for the believer to be hardened again as Hebrews chapter 6 shows a falling away. The writer of Hebrews warns the believer to not let the things we have received slip. These are actions that we take part in.

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, **if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end**; While it is said,To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. Heb 3:12-15

Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. Heb 4:1

There is a rest that we as believers must labor to enter into.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. Let us labour (spoudazo) therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. Hebrews 4:9-11

The Greek word for labor is (spoudazo), which means;
    1) to hasten, make haste
    2) to exert one's self, endeavour, give diligence

To say that God does it all is to lay down ones armour and be overcome by the world the flesh and the devil.

Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Eph 5:14-16

The Scriptures are choked full of verses that show we need to take action by submitting to the Lord and the leading and guidance of the Holy Spirit, being filled with the Spirit and allowing him to have his way in and through our lives. The choice is ours to rise and shine and put on the whole armour of God that we might fight the good fight and press toward the mark for the prize of the High calling of God which is Yeshua our pearl of great price. He is our reward.

Rewards are given to those who run and finish the course.

Blessings WJ

CO

There is only One Gospel, not one to the Gentiles and one to the Jew!!!

WJ

Quote (Shania @ July 12 2008,17:49)
    WJ-

That was awesome.  Very clear.  Amen:D

Hi Shania

God is Good!

Thanks! :)

WJ

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Chosenone …AMEN< AMEN these fear mongers due not (TRULY) believe in the power and effectual working of Gods (GRACE) or they would not contiune to foam out fear and try to get people to be (SELF RELIANT) with regards to Salvation. They are at the mountain of fear and thimbling as that faithless generation was. They are the ones who said we are but grasshoppers to them they are giants and they would not go and take the land God had given them and their carcasses fell in the desert, all above the age of twenty died in the wilderness because of their unbelief , but Caleb and Joshua SAID WE CAN TAKE THEM BECAUSE OUR GOD IS WITH US. Two examples one of true Faith and one of no faith. Jerry you push total reliance on God and I do Too. We need to continue to turn people to total reliance on God as Jesus Said, the son of man can do nothing of Himself, but the Father in me (HE) Doth the (WORKS).

Peace to you and yours…..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    To support a doctrine of salvation for all, the will of God must be corralled.
    All choice by God or men must be restricted to narrow confines.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ  must be made to appear to be taken to only the Jews.
    The teachings of Paul must be seen to be a new gospel to the gentiles.  

All good and evil must be ascribed to God Himself as all others are puppets.
    Grace become enforcement and not accessible enablement.

It is hard for them and they must concentrate on working only in these issues to establish a platform.
    But such folly is of the minds of men and denies the freedom and abilities of our God and of men.

Their self appointed task is against the revelation of God so must lead to inevitable frustration.
    Such seems to be their mainfesto and explains their interest only in these issues.

May God give them light.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Nick,
    I think that list of yours may not end there. You can add and add many more if you don't see other's view with due respect.
    Sorry to bother you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Test all things.
    Hold fast to what is good.
    Openmindedness should ponder and take stock when men leave the path of written truth.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account