The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    you can not disagree that we are driven(led) by the Spirit of God but you are ignoring that we are also driven by our old nature (sinful) to commit sin. Therefore we can not make God a liar.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Only those who are seeking to be led by God's Spirit will be.
    Gal5

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen to that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Thanks GM,
    So we must continue to take up our cross daily and not live in the false hope of universal salvation.

gollamudi
    Participant

I agree but so far I have not contributed much for this new topic “the Universalism”. To be frank I don't know much on this topic though I studied some thing on the Net.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Ez 47
    4Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.

5Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.

Walk out into the river of the Spirit till the flow must take you.

gollamudi
    Participant

I heard a wonderful message on this topic in Ezkiel. I hope God will lead me into that experience of total control of my life.
    Thanks
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…….it's will that none parish and with His power none will. People don't understand God can get inside our minds and straighten out our thinking and if He doesn't the person will never in a million years change himself.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gene, see my post above I wanted the total control of God in my life so that I may not use this 'free will' and go against Him. If God takes control of our lives I think nothing will be more wonderful than that.
    Thanks
    Adam

chosenone
    Participant

Hi All.
    Some of my favourite scriptures that formed my opinion of “salvation of all”, are these:-

Isaiah 45:23 By Myself I swear. From My mouth fares forth righteousness,
    And My word shall not be recalled.
    For to Me shall bow every knee,
    And every tongue shall acclaim to Alueim.

Isaiah46:10. Saying, All my councel shall be confirmed,
    And all My desire I will do.
    11. Indeed I speak! Indeed I will bring it about!
    I formed. Indeed, I will do it.

This is God saying, “I will do whatever I desire”. No ifs, ands, or buts!!!

Another is Ro.11:36. … seeing that out of Him and through Him and for Him is all: to Him be the glory for the eons! Amen!
    “ALL” is of God. Free will? NO WAY.

Then Eph.1:9-12. 9 …making known to us the secret of His will (in accord with His delight, which He purposed in Him)
    10 to have an administration of the complement of the eras, to head up all in the Christ — both that in the heavens and that on the earth —
    11 in Him in Whom our lot was cast also, being designated beforehand according to the purpose of the One Who is operating all in accord with the counsel of His will,
    12 that we should be for the laud of His glory, who are pre-expectant in the Christ.

I feel this pretty well sums this up, that God is in complete control, we have no part in our salvation. “lest we should boast”.

How can anyone feel that they have contributed anything to their own salvation? “Oh, for the pride of mankind”!

Blessings.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

chosenone…..totally right, It God's the Fathers Work It was Him who was working in Jesus also, on God In all and Through all. Man despises the absolute SOVEREIGNTY OF OUR GOD>And Jesus' God Also. He is the one who CREATES and Brings forth Salvation in ALL his CREATION , ALONE. Glory and Honor To the Creator of Salvation. Our Father there is none like Him nor will there ever be. He is the (ONLY TRUE GOD)>

Thanks for further Scriptural Proof.

love and peace to you and yours………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    God is not in all.
    God was in Christ.
    God is in His sons.

Men must submit to enter the kingdom of God-it is not a given.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….you still don't understand God Gives repentance to a man, Do you think those people who were saying Crucify Him a few days later on their own said men and brothers what do we do, seeing we crucified the son of God, was it their own repentance at work. NO,It was the Holy Spirit convicting them of there sins, that caused them to repent.

Your infer that it's the responsibility of the Person to submit shows you don't understand that it's God who causes it to happen. If it works like you are saying then the person saved his self . Your use of the words (MUST SUBMIT) shows your making the man responsible for His salvation. And therefore He has some what to glory then.

You need to realize it GOD Alone that Saves Us and caused us to do His will by working in us through his Holy Spirit, YOU keep trying to deal Him out of the Deck.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    You are right in that repentance is of God's Grace.
    Have all men been graced with repentance?
    Will they be?

It is not written so.
    Rom11
    4But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

gollamudi
    Participant

Wonderful posts from both Gene and Nick on God's will not any human 'free will'.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    The sovereignty of God is not total dominance of mankind.
    Satan does do that with his human slaves.
    But we are slaves by choice.

gollamudi
    Participant

There is a point in Nick's words.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….the SOVEREIGNTY of God is over ALL THINGS including SATAN. You said God was not in everyone that is also wrong because if the spirit goes back to him that gave it, then it must be His Spirit then. And God gives to every man a measure of faith. You under estimate God's
    Power and SOVEREIGNTY.

imo……….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GB,
    I think your view of God as a master manipulator who has robots and plays games with creation is false.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 06 2008,16:32)
    Hi GB,
    I think your view of God as a master manipulator who has robots and plays games with creation is false.

Nick….there you go lying again about how i view God the Father, please show me where i ever said God was a master manipulator who has robots and plays games with the creation. You again take the side of your father the accuser.

Lets face it you can't stand the Fact that the Father is in absolute control over his creation and is The Absolute SOVEREIGN GOD>

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account