The Will of God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 457 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The will of God is that all be saved.
    1 Timothy 2:4
    Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

God's will is not rigid but takes many forms and is malleable to a degree.

Rom12
    2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

But for men God seeks the acceptance of His truth.
    2 Thessalonians 2:10
    And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

God is merciful, mercy triumphs over judgement and love covers many sins.

We can help by praying for His will to be done
    Mt6
    10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

and by our ways among those of the world
    1 Corinthians 10:33
    Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

I am sure many many people will be unexpectedly saved

chosenone
    Participant

1Tim.2:4 …our Saviour, God, Who wills ALL mankind to be saved and come to the realization of the truth. (thanks Nick)

Isaiah 46:10-11 Telling from the beginning, the hereafter,
    And from aforetime, what has not yet been done.
    Saying, “All my desire will I do”.
    Indeed, I speak! Indeed I will bring it about!
    I formed. Indeed, I will do it.

God speaking some pretty strong words about what He will do. Will He not be able to save ALL mankind?

Blessing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    It is not ability but anyone who knows our God knows that He sometimes repents of His plans.
    Genesis 6:7
    And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Just as well.

NickHassan
    Participant

Again
    9And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

11And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

12Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

13Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

14And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,15:45)
    MAgain
    9And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people:

10Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

11And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

12Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

13Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

God repented?
    Moses had to talk God out of killing people?

This makes me a bit insecure….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Insecure?
    Underneath are the everlasting arms.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,15:34)
    Hi CO,
    It is not ability but anyone who knows our God knows that He sometimes repents of His plans.
    Genesis 6:7
    And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Just as well.

God “repents?” Scripture says “And regretting is Ieue Alueim that He made humanity on the earth, and grieving to His heart.
    God “repents of his plans”???? What jibberish.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    For a nonteacher you have strong views.

God can do anything but we should not presume because He can and wants to He always will.
    Otherwise prayer would never be a useful option.

chosenone
    Participant

So should we erase Isaiah 46:10-11 from our bible? It says clearly “All my desires I WILL DO”. Should we make a note in our bibles that Nick says it's not true? I think the scripture makes it quite clear your statement is false.

gollamudi
    Participant

Nice point Jerry you made where Nick always finds fault with others on many topics. He thinks that he knows scriptures better than anybody.

chosenone
    Participant

Thanks gollamudi, always appreciate your acknowledgememnt.

Blessings.

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 07 2008,00:59)

Quote (Shania @ Mar. 20 2008,16:50)
    However, He does not ask me to give anything that I cannot- which is so encouraging!!!!  He has given me favor after favor- He has done that for all of us.

You “cannot” give up, or “will not” give up?

Jesus gave his life for us, what could we possible not be able to give up?

Mark 8:35, 36

For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it.

What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

I guess our attitude should be that there is nothing we wouldn't lay down at his feet.  I work on this all the time.  
    Mandy

Mandy,
    This is right on and I love your heart. He requires everything. I think you may have misunderstood my post. I was speaking of how encouraging it is that He requires everything, and then it also says that he will never require what we cannot give. This means that we can and are able to give Him everything… He would not require it if we could not. Take it one step further: He wouldn't require you to come out of sin if you could not; He wouldn't require you to walk just as Jesus did if you could not.

There are many people in Christian circles that say that it is impossible for us as human beings born into sin to walk in righteousness. This is a lie. This is calling God a liar. [because it is what He commands]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,14:13)
    Hi,
    The will of God is that all be saved.
    1 Timothy 2:4
    Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

God's will is not rigid but takes many forms and is malleable to a degree.

Rom12
    2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

But for men God seeks the acceptance of His truth.
    2 Thessalonians 2:10
    And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

God is merciful, mercy triumphs over judgement and love covers many sins.

We can help by praying for His will to be done
    Mt6
    10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

and by our ways among those of the world
    1 Corinthians 10:33
    Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

I am sure many many people will be unexpectedly saved

Nick………..good Post i agree with it .

peace ………….gene

gollamudi
    Participant

Gene, You are forgetting that Nick was diagreeing with you when you quoted same thing in other topic.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Gollamudi………I know but Nick just keeps dodging the issue directly and most of the time it goes no where brother. I don't think Nick is a bad guy He Just likes to debate thats all.

peace brother……….gene

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ June 11 2008,15:31)
    Gene, You are forgetting that Nick was diagreeing with you when you quoted same thing in other topic.

Adam,

It's better to promote unity among the brother's than to point out differences, huh? :;):

Love,
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

Thanks Sis,
    I just wanted to bring to the notice of Nick. I know you are such a nice Lady you don't like even a bit of difference.
    I keep your words
    Adam

Shania
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 10 2008,07:49)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 09 2008,15:45)
    MAgain

God repented?
    Moses had to talk God out of killing people?

This makes me a bit insecure….

Reading this in KJV is confusing. I suggest NIV or something else.

Ex 32:7-14

7 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. 8 They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, 'These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.'

9 “I have seen these people,” the LORD said to Moses, “and they are a stiff-necked people. 10 Now leave me alone so that my anger may burn against them and that I may destroy them . Then I will make you into a great nation.”

11 But Moses sought the favor of the LORD his God. “O LORD,” he said, “why should your anger burn against your people, whom you brought out of Egypt with great power and a mighty hand? 12 Why should the Egyptians say, 'It was with evil intent that he brought them out, to kill them in the mountains and to wipe them off the face of the earth'? Turn from your fierce anger; relent and do not bring disaster on your people. 13 Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: 'I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever.'” 14 Then the LORD relented and did not bring on his people the disaster he had threatened.
    NIV

YHWH is good and everything that He says and does is on purpose and out of love. He knows what He is doing. I believe that He did this to show the power of intercession. I believe that He put it on Moses' heart to intercede. He doesn't delight in anyone's destruction. On the other hand, He is legal and abides by law. The wages of sin is death. These people sinned and they deserved death. They were a hopeless case. In His mercy, He let Moses know that He would have to destroy them {Knowing the meekness of Moses; that he would intercede} Intercession is standing in the gap between sinful man and righteous Elohim and pleading the case of sinful man. YHWH appoints intercessors to do this.

By YHWH's statements to Moses about the Israelites, He was letting him know the serious danger that they were in. Moses, out of love, interceded. {though they did not deserve it}

gollamudi
    Participant

You are right my Sis Shania, as far as God appoints intercessors on His behalf to deliver the people from forthcoming danger/destruction. But the word “repent” is not appropriate to God as He never repents.
    Love to you
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Some seem to think that all who are born of the Spirit of God are constantly driven to do the will of God.
    Scripture does not agree.
    Rather the Spirit is as a wind.

Jn3
    8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Of course we would not sin if that was the case.
    But to say we do not is to admit to being a deceiver.

1Jn1
    8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 457 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account