The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 953 total)
  • Author
    Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 24 2009,23:45)
    Jesus was the immage of the invisible God which paul preached about

So, He sits now at the right hand of our Father. He again is what He was before He became a man.
    John 17:5 ” An now O Father, glorify Me tighter with Yourself with the glory I had with You be before the world was.
    You give us one or not even one whole sentence, and we are to now what you believe in?
    If you trying to prove the trinity, you can't. The Father is above all. And by Jesus word ” My Father is greater then I.:
    Irene

amen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    So if he is at the right hand of God he is not that God is he?

but there is only one throne

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Being at the Right hand of God precludes anyone from being the God they stand beside.

ok

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 25 2009,14:02)
    Hi JN,
    Being at the Right hand of God precludes anyone from being the God they stand beside.

I am bringing this up, because there is still some confusion on who is sitting on the Throne of God. Yes, there is only one Throne of God. But it says that Jesus is sitting next to the Father. My believe is that the Father will always be above all.
    Ephesians 4:6 one Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.”

We can look at it like the President of the U.S.A. and second in line would be the Vice President. Jesus is also our Mediator to ask for the forgiveness of Sins, to go to the Father through Him. Some however confuse and say that Jesus forgives our Sins, and that IMO is not so.
    Peace and Love Irene

only God forgives sins

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    God was in Christ.

God gave Christ all authority including the authority to forgive sins[Mk2]

Jesus gave that authoritu to his disciples [ Jn19].

We are to continue the ministry of reconciliation of men with God.[2Cor5]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….the problem is people don't understand (how) GOD lives in some one, and that is because they don't understand (Who) or (WHAT) GOD is. Perhaps a thread on WHO GOD IS would be a GOOD Start. IMO

peace and love………………..gene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 29 2009,03:31)
    Hi JN,
    God was in Christ.

God gave Christ all authority including the authority to forgive sins[Mk2]

Jesus gave that authority to his disciples [ Jn19].

We are to continue the ministry of reconciliation of men with God.[2Cor5]

Nick I don;t agree with you.  If Jesus would be able to forgive our Sins, then why is He called our Mediator.  Our Heavenly Father is always above all, and to forgive our Sins, we have to go to Him, through Christ.IMO.
    You quote 2 Corinth. 5 :17 says this
    Therefore if anybody is in Christ, he is a new creation, the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new.
    verse 18  Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself through Jesus Christ, and He has given us the ministry of reconciliation.  
    Here Paul tells us, that it is through Jesus Christ that we are a new creation, and a ministry of reconciliation.   IMO that also goes for forgiveness of our Sins.
    Why would the Bible tell us that He is our Mediator and He can do it all by Himself.  That to me makes no sense.
    It is true that He is our Savior and we do not need another Sacrifice.  By His shedding of Blood.  

Mark 2  You think since He forgave or said to the
    paralytic:” Son your sins are forgiven you.”  Now He can also forgive our Sins?  I don't know about that, I need to pray about this. Is there a more clearer Scripture?  

Peace and Love Irene

we are a new creation

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Irene.
    Jesus discussed this in Mk2.
    He was given the right to forgive sin.
    Now he is with God as mediator for mankind.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 29 2009,12:26)
    we are a new creation

Yes we are a new creation, in Christ Jesus our King of Kings and Lord of Lords. We now can go through Jesus Christ to our Heavenly Father and ask in His name. In the Old Covenant they had to make atonement and made a Animal Sacrifice to forgive their Sins. Jesus Christ is now our perfect Sacrifice and no other is needed. Forgiveness comes through Jesus Christ in the Covenant in His Blood
    Luke 22:20…..”This cup is the new Covenant in My Blood, which is shed for you.

I am for ever grateful to our Savior Jesus Christ who gave His life for us, so we can live. Hopefully I can one day maybe thank Him personal. That would be the greatest event in my live.
    Here on Heaven Net Forum we are all Brothers and Sisters in Christ. That we all agree on, and one day we all will agree on all the truth which will be taught by Jesus and the Saints in the Millennium.
    Peace and Love Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 29 2009,13:15)
    Hi Irene.
    Jesus discussed this in Mk2.
    He was given the right to forgive sin.
    Now he is with God as mediator for mankind.

Yes I know, but since He is our Mediator now, we go through Him, right? When He walked this earth yes. But Christ is seated on the right hand of our Heavenly Father, and we go through Him. I asked my Husband since I think I understand differently then you do. He is in agreement with me. They had to make an Atonement for their Sins in the Old Covenant,but now we are in the New Covenant under Christs Blood. They when He walked this Earth had Him personally,which now He is seated on the right hand of the Father. For what would He be our Mediator if not for all. God the Father is above all and He is greater then the Son by Jesus own words. Did that change? My Husband and I don't think so.
    Luke 22:20
    Peace and Love Irene

the animal sacerfices were a picture of the perfect sacerfice in Jesus remember there could be nothing wrong with the animal sacerficed

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 30 2009,00:41)
    the animal sacerfices were a picture of the perfect sacerfice in Jesus  remember there could be nothing wrong with the animal sacerficed

What do you mean by that? We are in the New Covenant now under Christ sacrifice
    Luke 22:20 …” This Cup is the new covenant in My Blood, which is shed for you.”
    Jesus is our Mediator between God the Father and us. So now we can go to the Throne of the Father and ask for the forgiveness for our sins. No other sacrifices needed.
    When Jesus walked this earth He forgave paralytic his sin in
    Mark 2:5 ……”Son, your sins are frogiven you.”
    He ,Jesus did forgive sins, however now we are in a New Covenant in His Blood we can go to the Throne of God through Jesus and ask for the forgiveness of our sins. Does anyone disagree with that besides Nick. My Husband and I agree. Would appreciate your input.
    Peace and Lovwe Irene

I mean without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins, and anilal sacerfices pointed to the lamb of God which was slain from the foundation of the world

sorry i meant to say was without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins and that pointed to the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

JN……you have it rght the offering of Jesus as payment for our sins has brought to us Both Forgivness of our sins and eternal life. IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 953 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account