The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 953 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 28 2009,02:12)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 27 2009,03:27)
    son of david yes but also son of God

If you are stating that Jesus is the physical Son of David and the spiritual Son of God then I agree.

If you are stating that Jesus is the physical Son of David and of God then I disagree as God is not a descendant of David and David is no more of a descendant of God that the rest of mankind is.

I also agree with that understanding brother Kerwin.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Why do you argue with what is written just because your carnal mind cannot accept it?

Human Logic alone cannot disprove any scripture from God so please provide decent evidence.

Cato
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 28 2009,18:25)
    Hi KW,
    In what way is the mind of any man equipped to test and reject the words of God?
    Who rules?

You have the wrong question Nick, it is, in what way is the mind of man equipped to test and possibly reject what other men say is the word of God. How else are we to know what is from God and what is from man? You say scripture is from God so don't question it. Yet for a good share of the globe the Koran is scripture and there are mullahs all over the globe who probably parrot your words in regard to what they see is God's holy words. Without critical examination we will all be left to what ever faith's scripture we are given when young and told is God's word.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi c,
    Yes we could follow your ideas and have to trust ourselves
    but God is utterly trustworthy.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 28 2009,13:25)
    Hi KW,
    In what way is the mind of any man equipped to test and reject the words of God?
    Who rules?

Do you understand what Scripture means when it clearly tells us Jesus is the Son of God's Spirit?

You do realize that God commands us to test the spirits of what we hear.  

He states this because if we have the things of God on our mind then we are equipped to test and reject what we hear.  On the other hand if we do not then we will corrupt even the words of God with our corrupted mind.

Hebrews 1:3(KJV) reads:

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Do you think God meant us to test what is spiritual by what is carnal?
    1Cor2

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2009,04:12)
    Hi KW,
    1Cor2

I know that God meant that we should test what we believe to be true and your teachings are false.  I have found nowhere in scripture where God states that Jesus is his physical Son.  On the other hand we are constantly told by him that Jesus is the physical Son,primary descendant, of David.   We are also told that Jesus is the image of the invisible God whom we know is Spirit.

Colossians 1:15(KJV) reads:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 28 2009,13:54)

Quote (kerwin @ July 28 2009,02:12)

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 27 2009,03:27)
    son of david yes but also son of God

If you are stating that Jesus is the physical Son of David and the spiritual Son of God then I agree.

If you are stating that Jesus is the physical Son of David and of God then I disagree as God is not a descendant of David and David is no more of a descendant of God that the rest of mankind is.

I also agree with that understanding brother Kerwin.

I strive only to repeat what God himself teaches but I am still learning.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 29 2009,17:37)

Hi KW,
    1Cor2

I know that God meant that we should test what we believe to be true and your teachings are false.  I have found nowhere in scripture where God states that Jesus is his physical Son.  On the other hand we are constantly told by him that Jesus is the physical Son,primary descendant, of David.   We are also told that Jesus is the image of the invisible God whom we know is Spirit.

Hi KW,
    Is the Spirit as the finger of God?
    Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit.

What is false?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Lk 1.35

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2009,14:08)

Hi KW,
    1Cor2

Hi KW,

What is false?

What you believe “Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit.” means.  If you knew God you would not fall into that snare.  God is Spirit and want's his children to worship him in the spirit and Jesus did just that which is why he is called the Son of God.

It is true that the Holy Spirit worked a miracle and Jesus is the result.  That is what conceived of the Holy Spirit means not that the Holy Spirit had sex with Mary.

I believe the Holy Spirit is to God as our Spirit is to us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Joseph did not know his wife till Jesus was born.
    The child Jesus was CONCEIVED of the Holy Spirit.
    The same word for conceived is used of John the Baptist.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So where is the falsehood or does scripture offend your sensibilities?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,01:58)
    Hi BD,
    Joseph did not know his wife till Jesus was born.
    The child Jesus was CONCEIVED of the Holy Spirit.
    The same word for conceived is used of John the Baptist.

I would like to know what the Greek word actually is since I was unable to find out through my own research.

Luke 1:24(KJV) reads:

And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,

and

Luke 1:36(KJV) reads:

And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

Why do you believe these scriptures are evidence that the Holy Spirit was the physical father of Jesus despite other scripture that explicitly states that Jesus is the descendant of David.

Matthew 1:20(KJV) reads:

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Taking a look at what “conceive” means in English I find that according to thefreedictionary.com as of July 29, 2009 the appropriate meaning is “To become pregnant with (offspring).”  That does not back up what you believe the passage infers.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Your inability to humanly align things only points to your mind as the basis of your understanding.
    Dig deeper and lay your foundation on the given rock-scripture.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,05:34)
    Hi KW,
    Your inability to humanly align things only points to your mind as the basis of your understanding.
    Dig deeper and lay your foundation on the given rock-scripture.

You do not lay your foundations on the given rock scripture or you would not choose to go by what you believe a scripture hinted at instead of by what another scripture states.

I lay my foundation on God who is testified of in scripture.  God is Spirit and his children are children of his Holy Spirit and not of his physical form as he has none.

Acts 17:28(KJV) reads:

For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    It was Jesus who said to dig deep and lay your foundation on the rock of his teachings.
    But some of those offend you and you would like another option?

How can you mind be renewed if it is your foundation?

Jesus is the way

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ July 29 2009,22:22)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 29 2009,14:08)

Hi KW,
    1Cor2

Hi KW,

What is false?

What you believe “Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit.” means.  If you knew God you would not fall into that snare.  God is Spirit and want's his children to worship him in the spirit and Jesus did just that which is why he is called the Son of God.

It is true that the Holy Spirit worked a miracle and Jesus is the result.  That is what conceived of the Holy Spirit means not that the Holy Spirit had sex with Mary.

I believe the Holy Spirit is to God as our Spirit is to us.

Kerwin……….You have it right, brother, Spirit (intellect) is to the LORD , as our Spirit (intellect) is to Us…….the difference is His Spirit is HOLY (a special) Spirit and contains the seven (intellects) of GOD. When He adds to our Spirit (intellect) His Holy Spirit we then are able to perceive the truth. It is not possible to deceive those who have (HOLY SPIRIT) )intellect in them Just as it says. Jesus said when the Spirit (intellect) of Truth comes it would guide us into all truth. ” John said Brethren you have no need of a teacher , for the Spirit (ITSELF) will teach you all thing”. IMO

peace and love………………..gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,17:08)
    Hi KW,
    It was Jesus who said to dig deep and lay your foundation on the rock of his teachings.
    But some of those offend you and you would like another option?

How can you mind be renewed if it is your foundation?

Nick……..Jesus never said dig deep and lay your foundation on any rock. He simply say “He who has built his house on the rock foundation” The House one builds is not the Foundation it's Built on, a house is a house that represents the work of man, but the foundation is of GOD. “No other foundation can be laid but that which has already been laid”. You make the foundation a matter of Self Works, but scripture Makes it a matter of GOD. WE simply build on what has already been layed and (IF) we build on that rock , which requires GOD Himself to DO in the first place, then our House will remain, But he who builds not on the foundation already laid, His house will come crashing down when trouble hits. Nick brother you seem to have trouble trusting GOD to guide your mind and teach you, relax trust GOD the FATHER He will reaveal all thing you need to you. Salvation is not about the SELF works, its about the work of GOD the FATHER. You believe in Jesus and The FATHER, you foundation is fine. DOn't trust in you own self so much. Put all you cares on HIM for He cares for you and all He has called brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 953 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account