The Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 953 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So if a Jew fully obeyed the law then he would inherit.
    In what way does the law apply to those forgiven in Jesus?

Why do you fear condemnation?
    There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

So if a Jew fully obeyed the law then he would inherit.

He sure would since a Jew did fully obey the law and not only inherited the kingdom of Heaven but was made King over everything in heaven and on earth and for that I will eternally be grateful.  Of course he did that only by living by the Spirit.

Nick Hassan wrote:

In what way does the law apply to those forgiven in Jesus?

If you obey the righteous requirements of the law then you will be forgiven and you can do that through Jesus by living by the Spirit that you obtain and live by through obeying his teachings.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Why do you fear condemnation?

I fear to disobey God because God is just and will destroy those who persist in rebelling against him even if they falsely claim they are His servants.

Nick Hassan wrote:

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

But those who falsely claim to be in Jesus will not enter the narrow Gate.

Matthew 7:13-14(NIV) read:

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

The truth is not easy to except which is why only a few will find it but it would be best if we all accepted it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Jesus IS the gate.[Jn10]

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……….the gate is locked, except for those who GOD the Father has given a Key to. “For no man (CAN) come unto me except the FATHER draw HIM”. So the question is who has Keys given Him by the FATHER. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So God gives keys to the idolatrous heathen?

kerwin
    Participant

John 14:22-24(NIV) reads:

Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

Matthew 28:19-20(NIV) reads:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kirwin………….I agree with that , God the father brings whoever He wills weather a Heathen or a Jew or anyone He so choses to Jesus and Jesus in no way will reject them, because they are delivered to Him by the FATHER. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………………………….gene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2009,06:28)
    G,
    So God gives keys to the idolatrous heathen?

Nick……..And what do you think you were, nothing more than a Heathen also once in your life too. IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    So the Spirit comes to those who love God and obey the teachings of Jesus.
    Does this fit with your ideas?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………The Spirit goes to who ever The Father Sends it to. Paul said all of us were sinners and lived ungodly lives and brother that includes you to, But God the Father took mercy on us all and sent His son to die for the sins of the (WHOLE WORLD) as John plainly said. Sorry you can't remove yourself from that condition, you and we are all in. As i said you may have been more of a heathen then you realize brother. As i recall at one time you said you were a Catholic heathen, believing in the Trinity, and in fact still believe in the preexistence of Jesus and believe He created everything right? But i do believe the Spirit does come to those who LOVE God and obey the teachings of Jesus, and when we need more GRACE, more GRACE is Given us. Hopefully we are all growing Grace and Knowledge.

love and peace to you and yours brother………………………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    God puts His Spirit in cleansed vessels.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……………God Said he looked for (ONE) righteous man and said He found (NONE)> Even Jesus said why callest me good the is none good except ONE that is good and that is GOD. But you seem to know better then Jesus does.  So now your are a clean vessel right and GOD puts His Spirit in you right? I gather that means you have no sin either right?. Nick you really need to listen to what scripture says, and you would not be having all these misunderstandings brother. Where is you scripture that back up your statement that GOD puts His spirit in cleansed vessels or is this just another of your human reasonings, if you ar going to make a direct statement like that then post the scriptures. IMO

love and peace to you and yours………………………………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Surely you have been washed and your conscience sprinkled in the blood of the Lamb?
    God does make these righteous demands.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

NIck………So Show us where it says, God puts his Spirit in only cleansed vessels then.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    As soon as you show me one human vessel blessed by the Spirit that God had not cleansed.
    Look to Cornelius.

Acts 10
    15And the voice came to him again a second time, “What God has made clean, do not call common.” 16This happened three times, and the thing was taken up at once to heaven

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    The Spirit is HOLY.
    Man is of the dominion of darkness.

Luke 11:39
    And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    But of the saints it says
    2Cor4
    6For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick…………. God blesses all He causes His rain to fall on the Just and the unjust alike right? The question is who makes the vessel clean? your quotes only prove my point , it is God that cleanses and He (ALONE) cleanses by his Spirit. working through the gift of GRACE, Not of our works.

So when did they recieve His spirit was it, when He was already clean and then God gave him Spirit, as you implied,  or was it after the spirit came to him. Jesus said if (YOU) being EVIL know How to give good gifts , How much more will The Father give them of the Spirit that Ask.

NIck……Clean and unclean is worthy of a post by it self. It explains a lot of the salvation process.. The very laws of clean and unclean food were given to Israel to show the importance of choosing what we put into our selves (eat) both physically and Spiritually. A mans mind can be cleansed by the words He is listening to, as when Jesus said, YOU (disciples) are all clean by the words i have spoken to you.  
    This is worthy of its own thread Nick.

peace and love to you and yours…………………………………………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

G,
    Jesus declared the apostles to have been cleansed by the Word.
    Again God showed Peter that Cornelius and his friends were clean in His sight.
    But the way of Jesus is one of obedience to the righteous demands of God and that includes water baptism.

No man can assume on the sovereign view of God

Participant

Hi:

Regarding your comments in the following:

John 10:34-39

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came-and the Scripture cannot be broken- 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'? 37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does. 38 But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”
    (from New International Version)

The NIV has a little different emphasis. I read it like this: if THEY are called gods, how much more then should the very Son of God be called God, his own offspring.

You may read it like that, but that is not what the scripture states.

And you say:

Once again, the Son was God in the beginning-John 1:1 The God of GOD. The begotten God. He didn't do something and then become God. Just being born of God as an offspring made Him God. Just like your son…he became a man by just being born from man. Man begets man, GOD begat God. He was born of God in the beginning, before time was established. He was born of Mary hundreds of years later. IMO.

Once again, that is not what the scriptures state.

And you say:

God (the Father) was in Jesus IMO by His (the Father's) Spirit. Jesus was in God (the Father) by His unfailing abiding walk in His (the Father's) love and purpose and fellowship. IMO

I agree with this because this is what the scripture states about Jesus when he was in his ministry on earth.

I am studying about what God means in Isaiah 51:16.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 953 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account