The Truth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 210 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Faith of Jesus or faith in Jesus? Let us clarify, shall we?

Romans 3:21-25 – But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus;

Acts 20:21 – solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:16 – nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Galatians 2:20 – “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Galatians 3:24-26 – Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus.

Revelation 14:12-13 – Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, “Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them.”

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

Anonymous

The truth….Jesus=Sun

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus is the truth.
    He is the Word of God being the mouthpiece of God in all he said.
    He is faithful to us even if we fail because he cannot deny himself.[2 Tim 2 13]

michaels
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 25 2007,17:03)
    Hi,
    Jesus is the truth

John 14:6
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Truth was in him

me think god was speaking of himself thru jesus,stateing his own attributes ,the truth ,the way ,the life his name (I AM) then to tell us the only way is by (me). would this not imply the only way is to use me “for self” rather than his name? did he not say by me.all the I am statements where GOD speaking threw jesus, for he said he had glorified his name and would glorify it again, yet we think jesus was speaking of himself ,lifting himself up,truly sad if jesus had to say abunch of good things all about himself he sounds very self centerd like most of the rest of the world so are we realy saying jesus was speaking of himself,this means he wasend sin free so caught up in self,he truly only spoke of the father! wake up. open your eyes,not that your blind,the father he is the truth, yet jesus will leed you to him.

Laurel
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 14 2007,14:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2007,14:03)
    Hi,
    How odd it is that men will not believe the truth.
    They would seem to prefer those who accused him of making himself equal with God.

NH

We agree he was God, they didnt believe he was.

Whos camp are you in?

???

Ye'shua did not claim to be God. Ye'shua said He was the Son of Elohim.

You people are arguing over some anti-messia named Jesus who tells people to commit sin and keep the SUNday rather than the Day YHWH His Father commanded.

Some of you are so wicked that you claim Jesus is the Father.

Some of you are so wicked that you worship idols like Christmas trees and Easter bunnies in His place.

Some of you are so wicked that you can't even see that He was in the tomb and not in hell for exactly three days and three nights.

We were warned the some of you would not understand Paul's writings.

Ye'shua tells us that many things were written in parables so that you wicked ones could never find the narrow path that leads to YHWH our Elohim.

Repent!
    Repent!
    Repent!

BTW the definition of wicked is to take His good Word and twist it with the IMAGE of men.

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Jan. 16 2008,19:07)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 14 2007,14:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 14 2007,14:03)
    Hi,
    How odd it is that men will not believe the truth.
    They would seem to prefer those who accused him of making himself equal with God.

NH

We agree he was God, they didnt believe he was.

Whos camp are you in?

???

Ye'shua did not claim to be God.  Ye'shua said He was the Son of Elohim.

You people are arguing over some anti-messia named Jesus who tells people to commit sin and keep the SUNday rather than the Day YHWH His Father commanded.

Some of you are so wicked that you claim Jesus is the Father.  

Some of you are so wicked that you worship idols like Christmas trees and Easter bunnies in His place.

Some of you are so wicked that you can't even see that He was in the tomb and not in hell for exactly three days and three nights.

We were warned the some of you would not understand Paul's writings.

Ye'shua tells us that many things were written in parables so that you wicked ones could never find the narrow path that leads to YHWH our Elohim.

Repent!
    Repent!
    Repent!

BTW the definition of wicked is to take His good Word and twist it with the IMAGE of men.

And if you don't figure all this stuff out that is cryptically hidden in parables you are obviously evil and the God of Love is going to come and kill you all, then ressurrect you again and then kill you forever by throwing you into a Lake of Fire where the sweet savor of your torment can appease his just, merciful and loving wrath.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOL,
    Have you not heard the gospel and responded in faith?
    Why should you fear a God of wrath except that you teach beyond the teachings of Christ?
    If you do so then you neither have the Father nor the son and are in a deSOLate position.[2Jn]

Son of Light
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 16 2008,19:50)
    Hi SOL,
    Have you not heard the gospel and responded in faith?
    Why should you fear a God of wrath except that you teach beyond the teachings of Christ?
    If you do so then you neither have the Father nor the son and are in a deSOLate position.[2Jn]

Well I do agree with Laurel on one thing, we have mutliple sons of God.

1. We have the Nazarene Yahshua of James the Just.

2. We have the gnostic Christ of Paul.

3. We have the greek Jesus of the proto-catholics.

Most here serve the version of Jesus handed down by the greco-roman proto-catholics.

I question that version of the messiah.

The evidence points toward an evolution of stages from views 1, 2 and 3.

The scriptures of the NT compiled and/or forged to bring sycrinicity to their new view of Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi SOl,
    Another use for the evolution theory?
    No, keep it simple.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If logic is truth then there is no truth
    because there is no agreement in logic

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings Nick…..There is no truth in Logic….Hmm…Does 2+2 make four…if it does than would it be logical to assume that 4+4 equals 8…If we can agree on this thesis than we have established a truth…..that being the aforementioned…..what do you think ???

Not3in1
    Participant

When you hear someone say, “That seems logical to me.” it just means hey, that makes sense! We base what we know on what could potentially be.

So much of the “truth” in the bible does not fit this model of thinking.

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 15 2008,04:59)
    When you hear someone say, “That seems logical to me.” it just means hey, that makes sense!  We base what we know on what could potentially be.

So much of the “truth” in the bible does not fit this model of thinking.

Mandy! I do realize that there are errors in the Bible, but I do not understand why you do not see Jesus in the O.T. scriptures? We really have to look at the whole picture rather then take one ore two Scriptures out of context. We do know that Jesus was always there in Heaven with the Father until He came to earth as a man. So many times it is Jesus that says things in the O.T. or an Angel. Knowing that makes it easy to see Him there. Isaiah is a really a good Book to see Jesus.
    I truly believe that you have closed your mind and have let doubt enter in, and that is no good, Mandy. Please don't take offence in what I am saying, I do it cause I love you. So if the O.T. does not speak of a second coming, what difference does that make. The Angels told the Apostles when Jesus was taken up to Heaven, that in like manner He will come again. Is that not good enough? It is for me. I wonder if Tow would have not come on here, if you would have done what you are doing now. Searching for the truth is always right to do, but to doubt is not. Look at kejonn He now says that the whole Bible is false. Would you rather believe what people now are telling you when we know that we are in the end times, and many Anti-Christs will come and deceive many? What is the most important aspects of a Christian Live, it is to believe in the free Gift of God through the faith in Christ Jesus. It also says that if you don't have Jesus, you don't have the Father either. So I will stay under the Blood of Christ Jesus were I am safe.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ April 14 2008,22:36)
    Greetings Nick…..There is no truth in Logic….Hmm…Does 2+2 make four…if it does than would it be logical to assume that 4+4 equals 8…If we can agree on this thesis than we have established a truth…..that being the aforementioned…..what do you think ???

Hi tj,
    Since genesis 1+1=3

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks for your concern, Irene. I don't have time for a full response now but I will later this evening. Just checking email and I always give Heavennet a peak, too.

Take care,
    Mandy

Cato
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 15 2008,07:48)
    I truly believe that you have closed your mind and have let doubt enter in, and that is no good, Mandy… Searching for the truth is always right to do, but to doubt is not.

Seek,

So when you close your mind, doubt enters?  I think it is quite the opposite.

How can you tell Mandy to search for truth, but not to doubt, it is impossible.

“By doubting we come at truth.”
    Cicero

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cato,
    Was Cicero another of these well meaning persons?

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 15 2008,07:48)
    We do know that Jesus was always there in Heaven with the Father until He came to earth as a man. So many times it is Jesus that says things in the O.T. or an Angel. Knowing that makes it easy to see Him there. Isaiah is a really a good Book to see Jesus.

Hi Seek,
    Where is it written in the Bible that 'Jesus was always there in heaven with the Father until he came to earth as a man'?
    You also say that “so many times it is Jesus that says things in the O.T. or an angel” where is it written in the Bible?
    Please don't assume yourself all these things. It is very dangerous to follow our assumptions. If at all Jesus was pre-existing with the Father in heaven prior to his coming as man on this earth, why is it not mentioned in O.T? How can Jesus be an angel and become a mortal being on this earth like you and me?
    Please read Heb 2:14-18, “Jesus was like us human beings and not taken the nature of angels”  what does this mean? If he was existing as an angel why it is mentioned that “he has not taken the nature of angels”?. One thing we have to accept is Whatever glory Jesus is having now and sitting on the throne with the Father is after his resurrection but not as an existing glory prior to his birth on this earth.
    Please take care.
    Adam

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

gollamudi………> in some ways people are like cement the older they get the more they get set in their ways, I have heard where some older people would say I know your right, but i am not going to believe anyway. But if Gods spirit is there it will guide them into truth and if not they will stay the way they are, and that applies to all of us.

For the word of God is like seed that is thrown out into the field and if it lands in good soil it will grow and produce in that persons life.

Adam,..God has opened your eyes to see these things, let the Spirit guide you.

love and peace to you and yours……………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 210 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account