The trinity in isaiah 48:12-16

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Is God more than one?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,12:17)
    Hi TC,
    Is God more than one?

Nick,

God is one actual God with three persons.

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    Where is this amazing truth written or have you surmised it from reading between the lines?
    You should just teach what is written if Jesus is your Lord.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,12:53)
    Hi TC,
    Where is this amazing truth written or have you surmised it from reading between the lines?
    You should just teach what is written if Jesus is your Lord.

Nick,

I am not reading imbetween the lines. John 1:1 is like the clearest verse in Scripture along with Titus 2:13.

TC27

Christian Biker
    Participant

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: …
    Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, …

John 4:24 God is a Spirit…

John 14:9 …he that hath seen me hath seen the father:

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Col 1:14-17 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Titus 1:3 …God our Saviour;

Titus 1:4…Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Quote (Christian Biker @ July 09 2009,13:17)
    Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: …
    Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 4:24  God is a Spirit…

Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Col 1:14-17  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
    For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

CB,

EXACTLY!

TC27

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    God does everything through Jesus.
    God saves through Jesus.

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Christian Biker @ July 10 2009,09:17)
    Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: …

John 4:24  God is a Spirit…

Rom 8:29  For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Col 1:14-17  In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Hi CB,

The problem is that Jesus did nothing himself everything was through the Father.

If Jesus was a savior it was because of the Father, not because of himself. The one God our Father, chose Jesus to be our savior.

Ac 2:22  “Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know–

Ac 5:31 Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins.

Ac 13:23 From this man's seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior–Jesus–

Eph 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………You have said it right, GOD the Father does the work, and His work can be done (ONLY) by Him, we are granted to tag along with Jesus and all who The Father Calls. It is GOD the FATHER that calls us into the saving work he does through Jesus. Jesus plainly said (NO MAN) (CAN) come unto me unless the Father draw HIM. Jesus know full well who was doing the work. Good post Sis.

peace and love to you and yours……………………..gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Jodi Lee said:

Jesus died and paid for the sins of every man from the first to the last.

Is that MY theory, or is that a biblical fact?

Jesus has been given power and authority by the Father to judge all men, from the first to the last.

Is that MY theory, or is that a biblical fact?

When Christ said that He was the First and the Last in Isaiah 48 he was replying to Babylon's boast that she was the only true God,

Therefore, hear this now, you who are given to pleasures, who dwell securely, who shall say in his heart, 'I am, and there is no one else besides me;”…For you have trusted in your wickedness; you have said, 'No one sees me”; your wisdom and your knowledge have warped you; and you have said in your heart, 'I am, and there is no one else beside me 47:8, 10)

Follow it from that point onward and you will see that Christ's claim to be the First and the Last is in direct reply to Babylon's boast that she is God. Please read the context.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So it is OK to teach from your implication that God is three when scripture says God is one?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 10 2009,10:02)
    Jodi………You have said it right, GOD the Father does the work, and His work can be done (ONLY) by Him, we are granted to tag along with Jesus and all who The Father Calls. It is GOD the FATHER that calls us into the saving work he does through Jesus. Jesus plainly said (NO MAN) (CAN) come unto me unless the Father draw HIM. Jesus know full well who was doing the work. Good post Sis.

Gene,
    There you go again telling only part of the story. In the days of His flesh He allowed the Father to do all the work because He was under the Father. But looking forward to His exaltation He said that the protection of His sheep was a dual effort by both Him and the Father (John 10). And in His exalted state He Himself reveals the Father to men so that they can be saved.

All things have been delivered to me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son WILLS to reveal Him (Matt. 11:27)

Did you see that Gene? Before He was exalted the Father did all the work . But after the Father exalted Him all things were delivered into His hands. So now no one may know the Father  unless the Son Himself WILLS to reveal Him. Why is it that you anti-trinitarians are stuck on the servant Jesus and ignore the power and authority of the exalted Jesus?

One must know the Father in order to have eternal life. Right? And no one may know the Father unless the Son Himself WILLS it!

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ July 09 2009,18:17)

Gene,
    There you go again telling only part of the story. In the days of His flesh He allowed the Father to do all the work because He was under the Father. But looking forward to His exaltation He said that the protection of His sheep was a dual effort by both Him and the Father (John 10). And in His exalted state He Himself reveals the Father to men so that they can be saved.

All things have been delivered to me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son WILLS to reveal Him (Matt. 11:27)

Did you see that Gene? Before He was exalted the Father did all the work . But after the Father exalted Him all things were delivered into His hands. So now no one may know the Father  unless the Son Himself WILLS to reveal Him. Why is it that you anti-trinitarians are stuck on the servant Jesus and ignore the power and authority of the exalted Jesus?

One must know the Father in order to have eternal life. Right? And no one may know the Father unless the Son Himself WILLS it!

thinker

Hi Jack

And also one must know Jesus as a prerequisite to “Eternal life”? John 17:3

Isnt it interesting how Jesus mentions his own name right next to the Father in the third person as a prerequisite to Eternal Life?

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    God is inseparable from His own lifegiving Spirit.

Jesus was blessed of that living Spirit and can share the Spirit with us.

But it does not make us or make Jesus God.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 10 2009,10:24)

Gene,

thinker

Hi Jack

Isnt it interesting how Jesus mentions his own name right next to the Father in the third person as a prerequisite to Eternal Life?

WJ

WJ,
    Yes. Anti-trinitarians give mere lip service to the exaltation of Jesus. But they DENY all that it means. It means that He has ALL authority. He said so! It means that ALL things have been delivered in to HIS HANDS. This means that He runs the whole show. Jesus clearly said that when He was exalted all things would be delivered into His hands and that He Himself would reveal the Father to whomsoever HE WILLS.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So God gave him all these things?
    The lesser is blessed by the greater.[heb7]
    So God is not an amalgamation of greater and lesser persons is He?

Quote (thethinker @ July 09 2009,18:31)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 10 2009,10:24)

Gene,

thinker

Hi Jack

WJ

WJ,
    Yes. Anti-trinitarians give mere lip service to the exaltation of Jesus. But they DENY all that it means. It means that He has ALL authority. He said so! It means that ALL things have been delivered in to HIS HANDS. This means that He runs the whole show. Jesus clearly said that when He was exalted all things would be delivered into His hands and that He Himself would reveal the Father to whomsoever HE WILLS.

thinker

Hi Jack

Exactly, and just the fact that no man can come to God but by Jesus proves he is God or then the scriptures fall apart because the Tanakh clearly teaches “Thou shalt have no other Gods before me” And the Shema, “The Lord our God is One (ehad) Lord!

Yet men run around calling Jesus their Lord and master? ???

Blessings WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So coming to God through Jesus somehow proves to you that Jesus is the God Whom you come through??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So perhaps also when Jesus mediates between us and God he is also the God with whom he is mediating as well?

Ummm I think I see the light, I think …

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,10:34)
    Hi TT,
    So God gave him all these things?
    The lesser is blessed by the greater.[heb7]
    So God is not an amalgamation of greater and lesser persons is He?

Nick,
    Trinitarians have always confessed that Christ was lesser because on His own volition He took upon Himself the form of a servant. Why do you convolude these things when you know what we say? He has since been exalted and He now enjoys the glory He had with the Father before the world began (John 17:3).

thinker

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account