The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 1,881 through 1,900 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Cubes
    Participant

Geez FYI, aren't you glad you're not speaking with John the Baptist or even Christ? ….you know, “…brood of vipers, white washed sepulchres and the like…” Come on, I think the contributors on this forum have been generally very kind to one another, considering the differing viewpoints. Sorry if you've been offended. These discussions can get the better of us sometimes if one is not careful, and I hope you don't take it to heart.

Anonymous

Nick,
    Lets try this from another angle. Do you believe these words recorded by John were spoken by Jesus?

Joh 2
    19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Anonymous

I haven't been offended by anyone, I have One to please, and it is not man! However, we are all doing it to Christ if we do it to one another.

You will know them by their love! That says it all. JTB was speaking to the unregenerate. Not the born again!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,01:47)
    If you be born of the Spirit – Where is the Fruit?

Hi FYI,
    Is not strenuously defending the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ insufficient for you. Perhaps leading some to salvation may count in my favour? But it is not your judgement I look towards.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,02:33)
    Nick,
    Lets try this from another angle. Do you believe these words recorded by John were spoken by Jesus?

Joh 2
    19Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Absolutely. Do you understand them in the context of the bible? Please share your understanding for all our benefit then.

Anonymous

Nick,
    Please define the Gospel for us.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2005,02:36)

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,01:47)
    If you be born of the Spirit – Where is the Fruit?

Hi FYI,
    Is not strenuously defending the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ insufficient for you. Perhaps leading some to salvation may count in my favour? But it is not your judgement I look towards.

Nick,

I don't judge you, I discern what sort of fruit you have, I am required to do so.

For we will know them by their fruits.

You have One Judge as do all of mankind – I judge no man. But, every man's fruit is evident!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,02:36)
    I haven't been offended by anyone, I have One to please, and it is not man!  However, we are all doing it to Christ if we do it to one another.

You will know them by their love!  That says it all.  JTB was speaking to the unregenerate.  Not the born again!

Hi FYI,
    If you are born of the Spirit you will know those who are your brothers and sisters. They will love the Lord and love his Word and nothing will come between you and them.

If it is the Word shared that offends then we cannot help your response. Perhaps the Lord is trying to get through to you to follow Him and not menand theur foolish doctrines.

To pull someone from the fire is an act of love.

James 5.19

Jude 1.23

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 14 2005,02:38)
    Absolutely. Do you understand them in the context of the bible? Please share your understanding for all our benefit then.

We have a direct answer!
    OK since you have now authenticated the verse as 'Jesus spoken', tell me was He lying or telling the truth when he made that explicit claim?

Anonymous

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,02:33)
    Nick,

Joh 2

I have explained my understanding, God raised. I believe Jesus was telling the truth. Do you?

Anonymous

Nick,

Anonymous

Quote (Cubes @ June 14 2005,01:53)
    Jhn 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, AND I LIVE BY THE FATHER: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Take it all or leave it.

So True Cubes,

The meat that Jesus ate was to do the will of His Father, so it should be with us, to do the will of our Bridegroom / Kinsmen Redeemer / Saviour God

Jesus is now and ever will be the Son of God due to His incarnation, the Word of God made flesh.

That in NO WAY detracts from who He was, who He is, and who He will always be – the scriptures I pointed out earlier are only a few of the many.

The Apostles quoted those OT scriptures of Christ knowing that they spoke of YHWH.

Make no mistake, this is NOT a coincidence, The Word of God is YHWH with the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,02:45)

We have a direct answer!
    OK since you have now authenticated the verse as 'Jesus spoken', tell me was He lying or telling the truth when he made that explicit claim?

Hi DVD,
    All the Word of God is truth but as Peter explained, not all of it is understood as God intended. Simplistic views are sometimes not correct ones.
    He expects us to find the meaning by context and by comparing scripture with scripture and with the help of the Spirit.
    So how does this verse fit with the other verses about the Resurrection to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,02:49)
    Nick,

Hi DVD,
    Have you not got a bible? You seem to need others to do your homework sometimes.

Anonymous

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,02:51)

Jhn 6:57 As the living Father hath sent me, AND I LIVE BY THE FATHER: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Take it all or leave it.

So True Cubes,

The meat that Jesus ate was to do the will of His Father, so it should be with us, to do the will of our Bridegroom / Kinsmen Redeemer / Saviour God

Jesus is now and ever will be the Son of God due to His incarnation, the Word of God made flesh.

That in NO WAY detracts from who He was, who He is, and who He will always be – the scriptures I pointed out earlier are only a few of the many.

The Apostles quoted those OT scriptures of Christ knowing that they spoke of YHWH.

Make no mistake, this is NOT a coincidence, The Word of God is YHWH with the Father.

Amen FYI

Anonymous

I want you to define the Gospel as you understand it Nick.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,02:51)

Take it all or leave it.

So True Cubes,

FYI,
    Funny thing is scripture does not say that. Only men do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 14 2005,03:12)
    I want you to define the Gospel as you understand it Nick.

Certainly DVD,
    Since the fall of Adam man has had a problem. Only the God of Love could bridge this divide. He sent His only begotten Son from heaven to die for us and restore that relationship.

The Son of God came and fully shared our human state as a son of David being conceived and born of the Spirit of God and Mary. He was filled with the Spirit of God, his Father, at his baptism and fully fulfilled the Law and the prophecies about him including his suffering and death.

He was utterly submissive to God and showed the nature and power of his Father on earth healing all who asked and setting free those who were under the power of Satan.

He brought the forgiveness of God to men and passed that task on to his anointed followers to continue that work of establishing the kingdom of God on earth. They carry on this work even now.

Following his death he was resurrected by his Father and given far greater glory and is now at the right hand of God in heaven.

Now forgiveness is preached in his name. He is the only way to God and all who wish can be forgiven and established in him as he is in the Father, now, for eternity. He said you must be born again of water and the Spirit to enter the kingdom and nothing has changed since those words were spoken.

He will return to rescue his brothers and set up the 1000yr reign where the earth will be restored to order. Then will come the second resurrection and the Judgement of mankind.

Then the kingdom will be handed back to his God and Father and his people will enjoy the fruit of his labour of love for God and us forever.

Is that enough?

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2005,04:43)
    The problem is E, that the trinity theory goes way beyond the teaching of Christ. And we were warned about such teachings.
    2Jn 9
    “Any one who goes too far and does not abide in the teaching of Christ does not have God;the one who abides in the teaching, he has both the Father and the Son”

Just as Jesus said in Jn 15.7

'If you abide in me and my words abide in you, ask what you wish and it shall be done for you”

If we wish to remain the the love of God we need to guard against false teachings by abiding in the Word of God.

I do not think so Nick… not at all… the Trinity is taught by Christ Himself, so there is no danger that I or any trinitarian is going beyond the teachings of Christ… none at all… such accusations are so easily reversed by the way, I could simply say that since you deny the Trintiy you are not accepting the full counsel of God… that you are the one engaged in false teaching etc

but such back and forthing does either of us any good…

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi E,
    Please show me where Christ taught about any trinity.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,881 through 1,900 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account