The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 1,401 through 1,420 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

That's a good point Cubes,

I hope you don't mind if I add it to the Trinity writing on this site.

Cubes
    Participant

Hi t8,

It's a privilege.

2Cr 2:14 Now thanks [be] unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cubes ,
    Along the same lines
    Matt 28.18
    ” All authority HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME in heaven and on earth”

So Yeshua did not always have that authority as it was held by a higher being who gave it to him -The Father. So he was not equal with his Father but had less authority for it to be given to him. He was not of the same substance either if it had to pass from one to another.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2005,06:12)
    Hi cubes ,
    Along the same lines
    Matt 28.18
    ” All authority HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME in heaven and on earth”

So Yeshua did not always have that authority as it was held by a higher being who gave it to him -The Father. So he was not equal with his Father but had less authority for it to be given to him. He was not of the same substance either if it had to pass from one to another.

Well said, Nick.

Anonymous

Quote (VanRheea @ May 13 2002,16:10)
    I want to ask about John 1:1. You seem to say that there are versus that Christians always ignore, but that verse clearly states that Jesus is God. Please don't tell me that the Original Greek says differently because I have studied the Original Greek and it doesn't.

John 1:1 ..says..the word was with God and the word was God. You can't be with someone and also at the same time be that someone. John meant that to mean that because the Most High invisable God dwells (lives) in the body of Jesus (the word) so it is that when you see Jesus you know that there is God also. Thus the word is God. It's not that Jesus Himself is God but God the invisable Spirit is in His body. Jesus Himself said that no one has seen God but him.
    Jesus calls God His God in John 20:17 and John 17:3 and Rev 3:12. There are over 100 scriptures that identify God and Jesus as being separate identities.
    The apostles were all of the same mind and they called God the God and Father of Jesus in the beginning of some of there letters. It's a strange thing that Jesus and His apostles NEVER preached that Jesus was God but in todays world man tries to push that doctrine called the trinity which is demonic in origin and is from the pit of hell itself.
    I hope the above is of help to you…

NickHassan
    Participant

Wecome Joe and thanks for the insights,
    John 1.1f speaks of “the beginning” This is the era before time. This is when the Son of God was begotten from the Father alone. Through the Son of God everything else was created.

Now God was not living in the Son of God then but they were separate and that is how the Son of God can be with God surely.That is when he had divine nature of his own as shown in Phil 2. That is the meaning of he was God-meaning of divine nature.

Certainly at his baptism by John he was filled with the Spirit of God. From then on “the fullness of deity ” dwelled in him and he revealed the Father to men.

Do we agree?

liljon
    Participant

They DO say he is God.
    Titus 2:13
    2 peter 1
    John 20:28

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes liljon, but they do not say he is the Father.

Proclaimer
    Participant

To Lijon,

Quote (liljon @ Mar. 21 2005,16:15)
    They DO say he is God.
    Titus 2:13
    2 peter 1
    John 20:28

There are many gods, legitimate and false. Even we are gods and so what is so bad if Jesus says he is the son of God.
    But there is one God the Father from who came all things.

Also when verses say God and saviour Jesus Christ. That can also mean 2 people. It depends on where you put the comma. God + saviour Jesus Christ is also perfectly good rendition of the text, so you need to put it in context with other scriptures to see which one it is. But I actually do not see either way as teaching a Trinity.

Lijon, you need to look at all the scriptures to see the true doctrine. A few scriptures here and there can be made to say anything by those who twist the truth. E.g., “There is no God” is actually written in the bible. But what is the context? “That the 'fool' has said 'there is no God'.”

If you look at all the scriptures then the pieces fit together perfectly. It then becomes obvious that the Lord our God is one God and that the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ is that God. Yahweh's son is Yeshua and even in heaven, Jesus calls our Father his God. We also see that there is God and the Lamb.

If you try to argue against there being one God the Father, then you are arguing with scripture and those who wrote it, including the one who inspired them.

Remember the first commandment and remember that those who are led by the Spirit of Truth are the sons of God.

liljon
    Participant

you are arguing against scripture because it says he is yahweh
    John the baptist prepared the way for Christ-prphecy says yahweh
    Jesus comes with all angels (1 thess 3:13) Zechariah 14 Yahweh comes

Those passages i quoted before says he is OUR GOD as in Deity.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    So it does not ACTUALLY say Jesus is Yahweh, but you infer it.

It is not revealed.

We do not KNOW anything from inference.

We know it from REVELATION.

Proclaimer
    Participant

liljon,

You are teaching falsely.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    Inferences can entrap us into false knowledge.I might say;

I went to work today.
    I work at a hospital.

So you might infer I went to work today at a hospital. Not at all. I am working at my private rooms. I may work in many places .

So the inference was understandable, but quite wrong.

poisson_1
    Participant

Dear all,

The apocryphon of John (from the Nag Hammadi library: http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/apocjn.html ) gives a good idea of how Christ came to be. The text, along with many others, was found sixty years ago. Why it hasn't been widely publicised yet is beyond me. Anyway, I don't suppose the world would want too many of its slaves getting their hands on this kind of liberating information…

Enjoy, and God bless.

trettep
    Participant

I have already found the liberator. Through obedience to God and His commandments we will have liberation.

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    Do you mean the Law? Jesus said he is the Truth and the Truth will set us free. The Truth is much more than the Law of course. Of course obedience to the Truth , who said we must be born again of water and the Spirit, is what we need to do.

Anonymous

How do you find a TRUE body of believers to fellowship with?

I live in North Houston, TX

trettep
    Participant

You might not if you really are looking for believers. They are sparce. However, when you have the Holy Spirit you are in fellowship.

Paul

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ April 06 2005,02:41)
    How do you find a TRUE body of believers to fellowship with?

I live in North Houston, TX

Rudy, I suggest you contact …

Church of God Faith of Abraham, 338 State School Road, Gatesville, Tx. 76528

http://users.htcomp.net/cogfoa/

Maybe they will know of a group of believers even closer to you 🙂 🙂

Rudy
    Participant

Thank You!

Viewing 20 posts - 1,401 through 1,420 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account