The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    WhatIsTrue
    Participant

liljohn,

Just a few questions:

If Jesus is Almighty God, then did Almighty God die on a wooden cross?

If Jesus is Almighty God, then did Almighty God become sin?  Did the Holy One of heaven cease to be Holy, and become forever tarnished with sin, (as Paul says Jesus was made sin for us)?

If Jesus is Almighty God, then why did he say this?

Mark 13:
    “32But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

You have made lots of random comments in here without really outlining the scriptural basis of your actual beliefs.  I would certainly love to hear what it is you believe and the scriptural basis for it.

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Jan. 04 2005,22:58)
    liljohn,

Just a few questions:

If Jesus is Almighty God, then did Almighty God die on a wooden cross?

If Jesus is Almighty God, then did Almighty God become sin?  Did the Holy One of heaven cease to be Holy, and become forever tarnished with sin, (as Paul says Jesus was made sin for us)?

If Jesus is Almighty God, then why did he say this?

Mark 13:
    “32But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.”

You have made lots of random comments in here without really outlining the scriptural basis of your actual beliefs.  I would certainly love to hear what it is you believe and the scriptural basis for it.

WhatIsTrue,

Yes, the Bible teaches that God cannot die, and that God himself cannot become sin. Christ became cursed for our sake, and not God. When Christ took on the sins of men he had to die with the sin, as a result he could not be God Almighty who cannot die. For the wages of sin is death. The sin he took on died with him and he was raised to a new life WITH God. This is solid Biblical teaching.

The true God is not the Trinity. The Trinitarian God remains a curse since it retains the sin for God cannot die. For they say Christ is fully God and man undivided.  This also means that Trinitarians are still in their sins.  After all they believe that that Jesus is the God that took sin upon himself. They are committing a grave sin by worshipping the Trinity.They are making a blasphemous claim that God can become sin or united with sin.

liljon
    Participant

I believe Jesus christ is God in the flesh
    and there is much scriptual basis
    Isaiah 44:24 God created the Universe Alone
    Jesus is prayed to 1 Cor 1:2 Acts 7:59
    The coming of YHVH in Zechariah is Identical to Jesus' coming

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

liljohn,

I believe Jesus christ is God in the flesh
    and there is much scriptual basis
    Isaiah 44:24 God created the Universe Alone
    Jesus is prayed to 1 Cor 1:2 Acts 7:59
    The coming of YHVH in Zechariah is Identical to Jesus' coming

Great.  What about the questions that I posed for you?

messageofsalvation,

I agree with much of what you said.  Thanks for the input.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Human,
    Why did Jesus show his hands to the disciples in Jn 20.20 and to Thomas v 27 inviting him to put his hand INTO his side. Clearly there were wounds. The new body is imperishable so cannot be damaged so it was still the natural body. Just because Jesus could materialise at will does not disprove this does it? Jesus also told Mary Magdelene not to cling to him because he had 'not yet ascended' in v 17
    We ,the living saved, are given a new body as we ascend to meet the Lord on his return [1thess4]and the raised are also given the body as they are raised. If Jesus had not yet gone to heaven but remained in the earthly realm till his ascension could it be that was a prelude shown to us too?

NickHassan
    Participant

ps Human.
    Do you suggest that the wounds were not real but put in the new body to convince the apostles? God does not deceive and the Son is Truth.
    Jesus's life was given as a sacrifice and his body placed in the earth. That does not take away from the sacrifice does it? When the animals were sacrificed in the temple it was the same was it not?

liljon
    Participant

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
    Only his body died but he himself didn't go into soul sleep
    Philipans 2:7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming to be in the likeness of men.

8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself, becoming obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

He limited his knowledge and became as a servant when he became man and as far as “becoming sin” I dont understand what you mean

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes liljon,
    I agree Yeshua did not go into soul sleep but believe he stayed in the earthly realm till the resurrection, in fact until the ascension.
    1 Peter 3.18″..He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed long ago…”
    But your scripture in Phil 2 says that
    “he became obedient to death”
    If it was God in flesh then to whom was he obedient?
    No he is the Son of God and he was obedient to his Father.

Jesus is the Lamb of God who was killed as a sacrifice so that our sin might be forgiven in him. He became the scapegoat. We can enjoy the advantages of being a member of his family forever because he became sin for us.

2Cor 5 21″ God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we mightbecome the righteousness of God”

liljon
    Participant

He was obiedient to the Father

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes I agree,
    So he is not the Father.Do you agree?

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Nick, maybe I have misunderstood you. So let me ask,
    You do believe that Jesus the Messiah slept the sleep of death [Psa 13.3] for 3 days, don't you? That is, he was literally dead, inanimate, without consciousness, knew nothing, saw nothing, etc for 3 days?.
    Dead, in the sense, that the Scriptures describe death e.g. Eccl 9.5,10; Psa 6.5, Isa 38.18, etc.

Please clarify!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Adam Pastor,
    I believe what Jesus said
    Lk 23. 43
    ” And he said to him ' Truly I say to you, today you shall be with me in Paradise' “

Adam Pastor
    Participant

Lk 23. 43
    “And he said to him ' Truly I say to you today , you shall be with me in Paradise' ”

The comma follows the word 'today'
    That is, Christ assured the malefactor on the day of their crucifixion/death, that he would be with him, when Christ comes with the Kingdom of GOD i.e. at his coming when he raises the saints from the dead who will thereafter be with Christ; hence they will enter into his Kingdom. This will happen at the Coming of Christ.

Note, the malefactor's request: (Luke 23:42)  And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

“Paradise” is a synonym for “the Kingdom of GOD”

Besides, both Christ and the malefactor were slain by crucifixion on that day!
    They BOTH died. They BOTH were in Sheol/Hades.
    Solely (after 3 days) Christ had been resurrected, raised from the dead, never to die again.
    The rest of the dead (including the malefactor) await the Resurrection(s).
    So, can you answer my original question?

NickHassan
    Participant

Thank you Adam Pastor, for your interpretation based on your doctrinal beliefs. Since we do not share those beliefs I see little point in adding to my original answer.
    Hopefully other contributions may add to our mutual understandings.

Ramblinrose
    Participant

Hi Adam Pastor

I also see it the same way as you.

Human
    Participant

I also agree with Adam's view on Luke 23:43. “today you will be with me in Paradise” just does not fit into the rest of the Bible and especially when thinking about the ressurection.

However, I have a slightly different understanding of the term “Kingdom of GOD”. I think it has two parts – the earthly part called Paradise, and the heavenly part where Jesus and the kings-priests are that rule over the earth.

liljon
    Participant

Jesus was the Son
    and Adam soul sleep is a false doctrine
    just read 1 peter and Philipians

NickHassan
    Participant

How can I understand you when you are so general and brief?
    Are you espousing Trintarianism? Does the Father exist outside of Jesus? Does the Father become the Son? Are they equal or did the Father send the Son?

liljon
    Participant

Only thing I have against Trinitarianism is the word person because I think of it (the word person) as two different beings. The Father does exist outside Jesus because Go can be in Two places in one time and God (who is a Father) became Jesus. The Father is Greater than The Son because he humbled himself but in nature they are equal.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    I believe it is safest to stay with what is revealed.The trinity idea is not revealed.
    You say God can be in two places at once- do you have scriptures to back that up?
    Is God divided? Jesus said that any household that is divided against itself will not stand.
    Jesus prayed to His Father. What point is there in that if he is the Father.
    He told us to pray to” Our Father WHO ART IN HEAVEN”
    God's Spirit pervades all His creation, but He resides in Heaven.

Viewing 20 posts - 901 through 920 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account