The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 6,401 through 6,420 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 09 2007,02:07)
    Hi qa,
    Acts 17:31
    Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
    Hebrews 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Once you actually die it will be entirely in God's hands.

If the time comes while any of us are still alive…..well………we'd better have our crap together.

Many authorities today claim that if some “serious” changes don't take place that our clean water supply will be almost completely tapped out in around 20 years. I don't know if this is exactly true, but I do know this……I'm now a business man and I own several small Corporations. (Google ” The Corporation ” in google videos or http://www.thecorporation.com )

http://video.google.com/videopl….tionthe

I know how business minded people think, and “profit” is all “most” corporations are concerned with, especially the big ones.

Anyone with even a remote amount of common sense can see that “the times are changing”, and it is up to them to pick they're place of worship. ( The ruler of this system of things with his worldly views and it's many gods or the True God of the bible)

My last god of choice was my businesses (busynesses) and the pursuit of money, as my savior. (It doesn't work, I made large amounts of money, but it still wasn't enough)

Many people pursue entertainment and pleasures of this world as their god. (This didn't work for me either)

Than there's the view that….”god is inside you”…. people like, Wayne Dire (great speaker by the way), Born again Christians, the teachings of Buddhism, and many other “Philosophical” ways of living your life…….and while not that these beliefs are bad in any way…..the questions remain……….DO THEY STEM FROM GOD AND THE BIBLE………..Or do they stem from man and his uncontrollable desire to want to think for himself, even though time and time again it has been proven that he doesn't deserve this right?????

There are many gods available in todays society…….
    Sex, alcohol, our own EGO, money, business, drugs, toys, entertainment, TV, food, family, friends, vengeance, popularity, vanity, violence………..even Jesus……………. you name it, and there's guaranteed to be something in this world to keep you MIND-CONTROLLED from serving the true god mentioned in the bible!!!

Anything to keep your mind off what is “coming around the bend”

People are either going to serve the “TRUE” god of the bible or they are going to be serving something else.

The true god of the bible who didn't take well to his followers serving other gods (whether “physically” or “in mind”), who even Jesus himself said to sanctify and give praise to, is none other than one ultimate ruler, the alpha and omega…….HIS FATHER!!!

What's his Father's name?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v….search=

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi qa,
    I am impressed.
    Why does everyone remind you of you?
    The trinity lie has no place in the body of Christ.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 11 2007,02:11)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Feb. 11 2007,01:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2007,01:46)
    I suggest you first search yourself and ask yourself  why you accept the teachings of men over those of Christ.

….if I accepted your teachings, wouldn't I be accepting “the teachings of men”?

Hi guys…..Jesus was a man too….

He taught his fathers will to be done, and prayed for his fathers name to be sanctified.

well….yeah…and your point?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 11 2007,03:52)

Hi qa,
    Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

If the time comes while any of us are still alive…..well………we'd better have our crap together.

Many authorities today claim that if some “serious” changes don't take place that our clean water supply will be almost completely tapped out in around 20 years. I don't know if this is exactly true, but I do know this……I'm now a business man and I own several small Corporations. (Google ” The Corporation ” in google videos or http://www.thecorporation.com )

I know how business minded people think, and “profit” is all “most” corporations are concerned with, especially the big ones.

Anyone with even a remote amount of common sense can see that “the times are changing”, and it is up to them to pick they're place of worship. ( The ruler of this system of things with his worldly views and it's many gods or the True God of the bible)

My last god of choice was my businesses (busynesses) and the pursuit of money, as my savior. (It doesn't work, I made large amounts of money, but it still wasn't enough)

Many people pursue entertainment and pleasures of this world as their god. (This didn't work for me either)

Than there's the view that….”god is inside you”…. people like, Wayne Dire (great speaker by the way), Born again Christians, the teachings of Buddhism, and many other “Philosophical” ways of living your life…….and while not that these beliefs are bad in any way…..the questions remain……….DO THEY STEM FROM GOD AND THE BIBLE………..Or do they stem from man and his uncontrollable desire to want to think for himself, even though time and time again it has been proven that he doesn't deserve this right?????

Sex, alcohol, our own EGO, money, business, drugs, toys, entertainment, TV, food, family, friends, vengeance, popularity, vanity, violence………..even Jesus…………….   you name it, and there's guaranteed to be something in this world to keep you MIND-CONTROLLED from serving the true god mentioned in the bible!!!

People are either going to serve the “TRUE” god of the bible or they are going to be serving something else.

The true god of the bible who didn't take well to his followers serving other gods (whether “physically” or “in mind”), who even Jesus himself said to sanctify and give praise to, is none other than one ultimate ruler, the alpha and omega…….HIS FATHER!!!

Hi Qa,
    “I Am Who Am”
    then men added some vowels and thought it was a PERSONAL NAME.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2007,04:29)
    Hi qa,
    I am impressed.
    Why does everyone remind you of you?
    The trinity lie has no place in the body of Christ.

Arrogant people remind me of me, because i spent way too much of my life being the same way.

I agree with your second point, even though I've never believed in the trinity, so I'm missing what point you are directing toward me.

david
    Participant

There are beliefs in some pagan cultures that to pick or cut flower from a field and give them to someone is a wish for them getting the plague. I have given my wife flowers many times, however I do not wish for my wife to get the plague. Should I stop giving flowers because some hold this as a pagan rite?

Hi music42. Let's make this a fair comparison. If this culture picks a specific kind of flower each and every year on a specific day as a part of worship to false gods, and they fashion the flowers in the shape of a diamond, because they worship the “diamond” god, or whatever, would you decide that you like flowers (which is fine) and that you like that specific flower (which is fine) and you like giving flowers (which is fine) and so you're going to give that specific flower to your wife on the same date every year that the pagans did and you're going to do it in the same way the pagans did….
    That's a more fair comparison.
    Of course their is nothing wrong with gift giving, for example. The Bible encourages such kindness. What it doesn't encourage is mixing lies with truth, paganism with pure worship. It doesn't encourage us to follow in the paths of the world or the nations. It doesn't encourage us to imitate practices of false worship.

david
    Participant

Those who say I cannot do this on 12/25 are actually giving power to the pagans that used that date of other purposes.

No one would suggest you can't eat or breath or live or any do any normal function on any day. But what is the purpose behind why some do this on that date every year and the customs that follow? Most are blind to why they even do these things.

You know, neo pagans still hold that day as sacred today. They still worship the sun on that day. They still do many things that are oddly familiar to what so called Christians do on that day.

It's not them who are imitating “Christians.” It's the Christians who decided that paganism was ok, and copying it was not that big of a deal to God. Hey, paganism isn't that bad. Lying isn't that bad. Whatever. “To me,” it's no big deal. Who CARES what it is to you? The only thought that matters in the least is God's. What does the Bible say? Is copying pagan practices and doing the things the pagans did on the same date every year….ok in God's eyes? What does the Bible say.

david
    Participant

A special and dedicated day in which to break bread, fellowship, laugh, bless others (with gifts) and remember together the fullfillment of God's promise of the coming of the messiah.

And if you put on animal skins and go to peoples houses and demand money as an offering to Satan, on a special day, like oh, I don't know, Oct 31st, it's all good. Oh, but instead of money, it's now candy. And instead of getting the candy for Satan, we just dress up as satan. But “to me” it's just fun, many say. Who cares in the least what it is to you? What is it to God?

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Feb. 11 2007,05:06)

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 11 2007,02:11)

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Feb. 11 2007,01:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2007,01:46)
    I suggest you first search yourself and ask yourself why you accept the teachings of men over those of Christ.

….if I accepted your teachings, wouldn't I be accepting “the teachings of men”?

Hi guys…..Jesus was a man too….

He taught his fathers will to be done, and prayed for his fathers name to be sanctified.

well….yeah…and your point?

???

Figure out the name of Jesus Father and quit arguing over stupid stuff.

I guess that's my point……………..

(not that my initial entry into this forum was anything less than straight up arguing, so i can't judge too harshly)

I am now learning to control my self a little more, and I've made a decision to not argue and get mad at anyone on this site, but instead to simply educate.

I came into this forum with the wrong idea about you two guys, I now realize you are different than what my first impressions were, so again I apologize for my first presumption of who and what you guys were all about.

david
    Participant

If I do not associate the pagan rites as practiced 1000 years ago with the Christmas I share with my family today. What are the fruits of Christmas with my family?

“I do not.” No question. But does God. To him, the king of Eternity, those things were as yesterday. Get it? He saw and remembers and hated those things. Does he hate those who imitate those things on the same day, and lie about Christ's birth?

david
    Participant

On the other hand — You have a man aware of the fact that Christ was not born on 12/25. He is also aware of the pagan rites once observe on that date.This man does not give honor to those pagan rites or run in fear of them, but uses December 25 to honor the precious gift of Christ’s birth and fullfillment of the messiah. He does so by gathering his friends and family together. Perhaps reading the story of Christ’s birth in scripture. Sharing fellowship and breaking bread together. Exchanging love gifts and well wishes. Even the members of the family that do not get along set asside their dissagreements and attempt to display the fruits of the Spirit toward one another. For some it may be the only day they do this in the whole year, but at least that day they do it. For others it may be one of the few days per year when they think about Christ and the gift of the messiah. This man uses this day to minister to his family about Christ and tells the wonderfull story of the messiah born 2000 years ago.

God’s response —- You evil man!!!! How dare you worship me,

Music42,
    what does the Bible say about worship?

JOHN 4:23-24
    “Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth , for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

So, m42, do you think Christmas represents the truth? What is Christmas you ask people in the world? It's Jesus birth day.

If you can turn your eye to false god worship, at least acknowledge that God wants to be worshiped in truth.
    Lies are not a part of true worship. Never have been.
    Sorry.

WOW!!! That certainly sounds like the God of the Bible! NOT!!!!!

Too bad your forget to mention the scriptures where God says that lies and imitating the worship of false gods is ok!
    2 CORINTHIANS 6:14-17
    “Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Béli·al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever? And what agreement does God’s temple have with idols? For we are a temple of a living God; just as God said: “I shall reside among them and walk among [them], and I shall be their God, and they will be my people.” “‘Therefore get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take YOU in.’””

Quote (david @ Feb. 11 2007,05:20)

There are beliefs in some pagan cultures that to pick or cut flower from a field and give them to someone is a wish for them getting the plague. I have given my wife flowers many times, however I do not wish for my wife to get the plague. Should I stop giving flowers because some hold this as a pagan rite?

Hi music42. Let's make this a fair comparison. If this culture picks a specific kind of flower each and every year on a specific day as a part of worship to false gods, and they fashion the flowers in the shape of a diamond, because they worship the “diamond” god, or whatever, would you decide that you like flowers (which is fine) and that you like that specific flower (which is fine) and you like giving flowers (which is fine) and so you're going to give that specific flower to your wife on the same date every year that the pagans did and you're going to do it in the same way the pagans did….
    That's a more fair comparison.
    Of course their is nothing wrong with gift giving, for example. The Bible encourages such kindness. What it doesn't encourage is mixing lies with truth, paganism with pure worship. It doesn't encourage us to follow in the paths of the world or the nations. It doesn't encourage us to imitate practices of false worship.

good point David.

By the way….all you guys can call me Matt or Matthew instead of qu…..if you want.

Or you can call me whatever you want….I've been called many things in my life.

I'm going to bed now, take care all.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2007,05:09)

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 11 2007,03:52)

Hi qa,

Sex, alcohol, our own EGO, money, business, drugs, toys, entertainment, TV, food, family, friends, vengeance, popularity, vanity, violence………..even Jesus……………. you name it, and there's guaranteed to be something in this world to keep you MIND-CONTROLLED from serving the true god mentioned in the bible!!!

Hi Qa,
    “I Am Who Am”
    then men added some vowels and thought it was a PERSONAL NAME.

Believe what you want Nick…..

You've proved time and time again that that's what you're going to do.

Jehovah as gods name has been used for longer than you, your dad, your grandpa, and great grandpa, and great great grandpa, and great great great grandpa have been around. As well as being used by many men of stronger faiths than either of us.

Many men were burned alive for speaking this name, and yet you'd rather keep calling him god,God, GOD,lord,Lord,LORD or possibly Mack or Buddy…….or even better……..Jesus……yeah let's put all faith in Jesus, even though Jesus said to put faith in his father and in his father's name.

You're a pampas ass!

(But I still find you amusing just the same.)

Look at this…..I was supposed to go to bed, and yet here I sit bickering with Nick, the guy with all the answers and the whole world in the palm of his hand.

I tried the “I'm my own god” route……it's not bible based, but you just keep on doing what you want. If 25 years of studying the bible has helped you come to the decision that you can do it yourself, than who cares what the bible says?

Can I get an AMEN!!!!!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    All the bluster in the world does not change the fact that God identified Himself as
    “I Am Who Am”
    and then, as you say, clever men added vowels to make it like a personal name.

Then The JWs treated that manufactured name with no respect .

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2007,06:07)
    Hi Matt,
    All the bluster in the world does not change the fact that God identified Himself as
    “I Am Who Am”
    and then, as you say, clever men added vowels to make it like a personal name.

Then The JWs treated that manufactured name with no respect .

How do you know it's manufactured? It's on buildings 100 times as old as you, so get bent.

You're dealing with a guy right now with over 20 less years of bible training under his belt, and yet I can still keep up with you. It certainly wasn't any “born again” Christian that taught me what I know.

The witnesses still know more and spread the truth more than you, or any of your type, ever will… so get off your high horse while you act like you're “Jesus little helper”.

(Matthew 24:14)

Who else is doing it in a united fashion? (1 Cor 1:10)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Unity with God is through unity in truth, not syncretism.

david
    Participant

Nick, perhaps you are confused by the word syncretism.

Christmas is a mixture or syncretising of “christianity” with “paganism” for example.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    JW doctrines are not purely those of Scripture, the basis of our faith.
    What other influences are intermingled?
    Greek philosophy?

Quote (david @ Feb. 07 2007,08:29)
    My question on the last page:

Are you disfellowshipped? Were you ever baptized? You seem to speak so strongly in favour of JW's. Yet, you prefer your . . . habits, I guess. Perhaps, today is the day to listen to some of the things you are saying. Are you DF'd?

I am baptized, I was publicly reproved and walked away from it all before I could ever be DF'd.

I've spent years trying to prove them wrong, and I've dabbled in numerous other “Independent” philosophies of life, but unfortunately I had too much common sense and couldn't buy in to their B.S.

Yeah, I know what time it is in my life and I'm now going to start on the path to getting my privileges back.

I still don't know how good this site is for me, I've got intense head knowledge, but my bad habits tend to have a little control over me right now in my life. It just really ticks me off when I see people make assumptions based out of ignorance.

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 07 2007,23:57)

Quote (quitarguingoverstupidstuff @ Feb. 08 2007,05:36)
    The early Cristian Congregations were put in the bible as an example for us to follow you confused little “Jesus Freak” puppet.

They were a group of “multiple” Congregations that were all expected to speak in agreement with each other and strive to stay united. (as an example for modern Christians)

Why would their be so much biblical material provided in the bible regarding these congregations (after Jesus died mind you), if all we really had to do was….”Look to the Messiah” as you put it?

To quitarguingoverstupidstuff.

These congregations were geographical locations and not denominations or cults.

To the Church in Thyatira
    To the Church in Pricilla and Aquilla's house.
    To the Church in Laodicea, etc…

So getting us to believe that all those united in Jesus survived for thousands of years, only to change their name to Jehovah Witnesses recently is a lot to ask.

I certainly do not believe this could have happened. If I did, then I might as well consider that the Mormons, Christadelphians, or any other cult and denomination is the correct one.

Rather the Church (those who are united in Christ) have always been since the time Christ said “upon this rock I will build my Church”.

I mean do you really believe that Christ who builds his Church decided to call it Jehovah Witnesses recently and then set up all these JW Congregation Halls.

If we do not understand what the Church is, then I guess the only alternative is to look to a religious institution.

:)

Hi.

I got kicked off for a day (this tends to happen to me a lot)

I'm sorry for attacking you earlier.

you said:
    “So getting us to believe that all those united in Jesus survived for thousands of years, only to change their name to Jehovah Witnesses recently is a lot to ask”.
    “I certainly do not believe this could have happened. If I did, then I might as well consider that the Mormons, Christadelphians, or any other cult and denomination is the correct one”.

You could certainly believe that the Mormans and other groups are the correct one, but…….do they teach the “truth” about the bible, or do they throw in some self serving stuff like…… “Forced Tithing”……or…..”multiple wives”?..(I kind of like that one)….

Jesus said you could recognize his followers by their “fruits” of unity and peacefulness and lack of devisions, and that they would “speak in agreement”.

You say you are “united in Christ”………..Could you do me a favor and explain who you are actually united with?….i'm not seeing it….

You said….
    “If we do not understand what the Church is, then I guess the only alternative is to look to a religious institution”.

So you're saying that “you” know what the church is…….(and I'm sure this is of course in your opinion)

Please share with me in your infinite wisdom what that “united church” would be……(please don't tell me it's anyone that becomes “born again”), because I don't know any “born again” Christians that can agree on any bible subject…. I know a few that say one thing and do another….and a few that like to pray over others……but none that “speak in agreement”

(all good people…..regardless of how obsessed with Jesus alone they are)

Viewing 20 posts - 6,401 through 6,420 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account