The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,781 through 5,800 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Christ died that you might live.

Histruths
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2007,19:47)
    Your safety is in abiding in the Word of God.
    The Spirit does not teach of His own initiative but takes us back to the teachings of Jesus.
    Since trinity was not found in his mouth it is not of the Spirit of God.

Hi NH

Not sure what you mean by this. If you mean just reading His word then I would disagree, many read His word and are no closer to heaven or understanding then before they started. If you mean fellowship with the Lord in Spirit then I would agree, when you are in the Spirit you cannot sin, you don't even think about it, all you think about all day long is His Word, and talk to each other, that's the safest place to be, like Martha.

The Spirit does not teach of His own initiative but takes us back to the teachings of Jesus.

Again not sure what you mean, but I think I agree with ya, if you mean when the Spirit talks to us it will line up with His word.

I gotcha here, and agree.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Jas 2
    “26For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”

Jn 19
    “30When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost. “

Matt 27
    “50And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit.”

Lk 23
    ” 46And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, “Father, INTO YOUR HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT.” Having said this, He breathed His last”

He really died.
    He gave up his own spirit.
    No play acting or pretence here but the Son of God died and now lives by the Spirit of God.

Follow him.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 13 2007,15:44)

Hi W,
    THe Monogenes Son was begotten of God alone [Ps2]
    and partook of flesh by the Holy Spirit of God and Mary
    and was born as a man like you and I.

NH

Again, to you he is a hunk of human flesh that God the Father filled with himself and like a puppet on a string led Jesus around and did great things through that hunk of flesh and when he God in him was done he left that puppet on the cross to die forsaking him and then ressurected that hunk of clay and filled it with himself again and then set that hunk of clay next to him as his little puppet that he works through and calls him Jesus his son and says if you want to come to me you must come through my puppet my son that I have made, this nice piece of flesh called man the second Adam.

Does that sum up your view of Jesus NH? I hope not, for he is your creator and your God.

The Father says so! :O

To WorshippingJesus.

Why don't you make yourself that hunk of flesh. Can God live in you?

Are you a hunk of flesh?

Are you a puppet?

Why do you sink to the worse interpretation of what people say?

seekingtruth
    Participant

So you're still going to the same church then?

More or less… actually, a lot less then more (lol). No I still go for the fellowship, but while I believe that trinity as it is taught is wrong, I don't believe that makes the people believing it evil, and after all it's an opportunity to shine in a dark place. I'm more concerned that the “church” organization tries to place itself between man and God.

Personally I feel that at times the group here does a better job of accomplishing what we should assemble ourselves together for, then any “church” I've found.

But even that, I still check with the word, because God could be leading ya in a direction, but it's not quit connecting with ya yet, because God has not given you the understanding yet, He's waiting for the right time.

Agreed, and if we don't take a chance of being deceived, we can never find more truth, but the whole of scripture is our safeguard from getting too far off. God is more patient then man with regards to doctrinal purity (He does not throw out the baby with the bathwater).

So you're still going to the same church then?

More or less… actually, a lot less then more (lol). No I still go for the fellowship, but while I believe that trinity as it is taught is wrong, I don't believe that makes the people believing it evil, and after all it's an opportunity to shine in a dark place. I'm more concerned that the “church” organization tries to place itself between man and God.

Personally I feel that at times the group here does a better job of accomplishing what we should assemble ourselves together for, then any “church” I've found.

But even that, I still check with the word, because God could be leading ya in a direction, but it's not quit connecting with ya yet, because God has not given you the understanding yet, He's waiting for the right time.

Agreed, and if we don't take a chance of being deceived, we can never find more truth, but the whole of scripture is our safeguard from getting too far off. God is more patient then man with regards to doctrinal purity (He does not throw out the baby with the bathwater).

seekingtruth

Amen!

It would be nice to know that the admins here had the same heart for all of the children of God! :(

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    We try to encourage into the paths of safety which is Scripture.
    but however…

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 13 2007,17:07)
    It would be nice to know that the admins here had the same heart for all of the children of God! :(

Blessings

Good question WorshippingJesus.

I personally do not want to throw out the baby with the bath water either.

But I am a servant of truth and a person who teaches falsely must be exposed and God will judge them. Truth is more important than the reputations of men.

But to those who believe incorrectly, then we should work with such people, after all God does.

But false teachers are treated differently because they are deceived and they deceive. We are even told that we should not invite such people to our homes who preach another Jesus.

I look at my own life.

I was an atheist most of my life, but when my eyes were opened and I realised that there was indeed a God, I joined up with a denomination that preached the Trinity as their foundation. Being naive and young I accepted this and other false teachings thinking that I was being obedient. Deep down however it irked me somewhat that Jesus was the God that he was the son of. But I put this down to lack of understanding.

During this time God was with me and spoke to me and delivered me. I believed in the Trinity doctrine and God was with me. Now I do not believe this doctrine and God is still with me and continues to offer me guidance.

I do think however, if I started teaching the Trinity doctrine, especially as the foundation of true faith, then I believe that I would rightly come under his judgement (if I didn't repent). Thankfully I didn't, and stuck to preaching that which I knew, (that which was written).

So the lesson I have received is that God works with people who believe wrongly as he is in the business of redemption and perfection, but teachers are judged much more harshly.

James 3:1
    Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

To WorshippingJesus.

Why don't you make yourself that hunk of flesh. Can God live in you?

Are you a hunk of flesh?

Are you a puppet?

Why do you sink to the worse interpretation of what people say?

t8

Because to compare Jesus the Lord of Glory to you or me mere hunks of flesh before him. Is wrong.

We are created beings, he is not. Jesus is more than a mere man like you and I.

My point to NH is to show how rediculous it is to say that Jesus is just a man.

To be sure he was fully human like us, but perfect human without Sin.

This Jesus could forgive sins! Can we forgive sins?

This Jesus is Lord of the Sabboth! Are we Lords of anything?

This Jesus contains all of God? What mere man can do that?

This Jesus gives Eternal life? Can a man do that?

This Jesus is the living water! Can man drink of me and live?

This Jesus is the bread of Life!

Men can eat his flesh and drink his blood and have life!

This Jesus could lay down his life and take it up again! Can any man do that?

Not to mention by him all things consist and are upheld by the word of his power!

Who could do this but the Word who is God, one with the Father and the Spirit?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 13 2007,17:57)
    t8

Because to compare Jesus the Lord of Glory to you or me mere hunks of flesh before him. Is wrong.

To WorshippingJesus.

Again you have sunk to the lowest and worse interpretation of what I said.

The point I make and stand by is that if God can live in us, then how much more can God live in his son when he walked among us?

That should have been obvious, but it seems to me that you take the words of those whom you are against and make them sound as bad as possible.

This is not a noble thing to do.

If you were of the truth, you wouldn't need to resort to this tactic. You would only need to quote and teach scripture.

Good question WorshippingJesus.

I personally do not want to throw out the baby with the bath water either.

But I am a servant of truth and a person who teaches falsely must be exposed and God will judge them. Truth is more important than the reputations of men.

But to those who believe incorrectly, then we should work with such people, after all God does.

But false teachers are treated differently because they are deceived and they deceive. We are even told that we should not invite such people to our homes who preach another Jesus.

I look at my own life.

I was an atheist most of my life, but when my eyes were opened and I realised that there was indeed a God, I joined up with a denomination that preached the Trinity as their foundation. Being naive and young I accepted this and other false teachings thinking that I was being obedient. Deep down however it irked me somewhat that Jesus was the God that he was the son of. But I put this down to lack of understanding.

During this time God was with me and spoke to me and delivered me. I believed in the Trinity doctrine and God was with me. Now I do not believe this doctrine and God is still with me and continues to offer me guidance.

I do think however, if I started teaching the Trinity doctrine, especially as the foundation of true faith, then I believe that I would rightly come under his judgement (if I didn't repent). Thankfully I didn't, and stuck to preaching that which I knew, (that which was written).

So the lesson I have received is that God works with people who believe wrongly as he is in the business of redemption and perfection, but teachers are judged much more harshly.

James 3:1
    Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

t8

And this is your testimony, and your belief. But you will never here me judge or condemn or attack your relationship with God.

Seekingtruth is a Good example of a child of God with fruit, he dosnt agree with your Arian view, he also dosnt agree with the trinitarian view.

But he respects people for their faith in Christ!

Just because you despise trinitarians teaching here on your open forum should not give you a right to be the judge of ones heart.

Calling me or any child of God a pig as you did is really stooping to the same kind of name calling that politicians do or people of the world do to each other!

If I say something unscriptural in your opinion, then show me why its unscriptural. But to often it seems that you and others resort to name calling or just accusations of false hood and the get saved tactic!

Rather than real dialogue! Maybe you are tired of the debate and wish it would go away because you dont want to deal with certain truths in the word. I dont know.

If you dont like what I teach, you can ban me Im sure, and after that last comment about the pigs, I am surprised you havnt.

I wish you the best in your faith and relationship with God.

And I hope you do mine!

:;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Histruths @ Jan. 12 2007,21:11)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 12 2007,19:47)

Hi NH

Not sure what you mean by this. If you mean just reading His word then I would disagree, many read His word and are no closer to heaven or understanding then before they started. If you mean fellowship with the Lord in Spirit then I would agree, when you are in the Spirit you cannot sin, you don't even think about it, all you think about all day long is His Word, and talk to each other, that's the safest place to be, like Martha.

Again not sure what you mean, but I think I agree with ya, if you mean when the Spirit talks to us it will line up with His word.

I gotcha here, and agree.

Hi HT,
    Jesus is the living bread, the Word of God. He demands that we feed on his flesh which is the Word. The Words he spoke are spirit and life to us and the Spirit of Christ inspired all the prophets too[1Peter 1].
    If we are reborn of the Spirit, and we obey him and feed on the Word, the Spirit who wrote it will write it on our hearts and enable us to recall and relate and align that truth in our hearts.
    We must abide in the teachings to abide with the Father and the Son. That is our proof of our love for our Lord.
    See 2 Jn.
    “6And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds”

seekingtruth
    Participant

7For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

A deceiver is described as one denying that Jesus came as a human being. As far as I know neither side of this argument denies that Jesus was fully human.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    According to the flesh Jesus was fully human.
    He was a spirit being of soul and spirit, with God and was made exactly like to us, body, soul and spirit, so we could follow him.
    Heb 2
    “17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people. “

Participant

Hi Everyone:

We may disagree, but I believe that we can tell each other that with proper respect.  Just my opinion.

But once we have given our understanding of a scripture, scriptures or doctrines, and we still can not agree, it is time to pray and ask God to bring us into unity by showing who has the truth.  Going over the same material time and time again is not bringing us any closer into unity.  Any one can misinterpret scripture.  Some things in the scriptures are difficult to understand.  But also, some things God has told us plainly and do not need interpretation.

God Bless

seekingtruth
    Participant

While driving home I believe the Holy Spirit gave me a scripture to share. I know we all have read it before and many will say that it does not apply or I'm “adding to scripture”, but I believe it is the principle behind the example given in this scripture.

Romans 14:1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to (understand more things and) eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, (understands less and) eats only vegetables. 3The man who (has more knowledge) eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who (understands less) does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

What “God” is, is definitely a “disputable matter” (over 500 pages on another thread). Why does one “eat everything”, because he has a better understanding, and why does one who is weak “not eat”, because he does not have as good of an understanding. I believe we are taking the trinity dis-agreement beyond what it should be, we are not saved by having a full understanding of what God is, but by what He did for us.

As it says later in this same chapter “13Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another.” To me that would include quoting damnation verses to one another (seems like judgment to me). One side, or the other, or possible both, is wrong, let God sort it out. If you've given the truth as you believe it, you've done your job.

I apologize for posting this a second time but it seems an appropriate word and it does say to, keep reminding. “2 Tim. 2:14-15 Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.”

To WorshippingJesus.

Again you have sunk to the lowest and worse interpretation of what I said.

The point I make and stand by is that if God can live in us, then how much more can God live in his son when he walked among us?

That should have been obvious, but it seems to me that you take the words of those whom you are against and make them sound as bad as possible.

This is not a noble thing to do.

If you were of the truth, you wouldn't need to resort to this tactic. You would only need to quote and teach scripture.

t8

And there you go again attaking my relationship with God!

You say….

I am of the truth and I do quote and teach scripture.

Do a check.

I will guarantee you I have quoted and taught on more scripture than you and NH put together since I have been here!

And there has been little dialogue from either one of you to show by scripture where what I show here is wrong!

Again, its mostly resort back to the accusations of me being part of the harlot church, Catholosism, which I have never even been in a single Catholic Church in my whole life.

Or that I follow a dead man named Constantine, and to be honest I dont even really know much about him or what he believed, and dont really even care.

So I have had to resort to calling those who are of the non- trinitarian group followers of Arian!

You want to clasify me as a follower of Constantine, fine, that dosnt bother me a bit. But it is frustrating when I put a lot of time praying and studying to put together a response on this forum only to get…

“You need to get saved.” What kind of dialoge is that?

If you dont care to put some energy and time in it, then let someone else do it.

I think its a worthy cause to talk and discuss the scriptures. For me it has solidifed my faith tremendously!

Its been a growing experience. So for that “I thank you” for having this forum and that I can come and discuss the scriptures with some real students of the word.

I am sorry that I may be a thorn in the flesh for this forum. But , I cant stand by and watch someone destroy the scriptures without giving my view.

I have said enough!

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 3
    ” 31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

32And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.

33He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.

34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

35The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.”

So Jesus came from God and
    God has filled him with His Spirit.
    What trinity?

Jn 3
    ” 31He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

NH

I think this verse explains it very well! All means All! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The Word was with God and made flesh. He was above all under God, but made for a time like to men and less than the angels, till raised and taken up and glorified. What are you trying to say?

Viewing 20 posts - 5,781 through 5,800 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account