The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,701 through 5,720 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

But the Name that refers to the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit is Jesus, the name above all names!

Why do you believe this?

I'd like to add something. When you quote from the Hebrew scriptures, I see “LORD” a lot in capital letters. Of course, these instances are where God's name originally was. I feel that by glossing over this, it's easy to get confused between the Lord God and the Lord Jesus and start to think they are the same. Try to recognize that where the “LORD” or “GOD” are in capital letters, that is where God's name should be.

david
    Participant

NIck, when you come back, I'd really like an answer to my question on the top of this page, page 514.

Cult Buster
    Participant

There are Three separate Beings, each God and equal with one another. Though they hold different offices, they are nevertherless each God.

Three Divine beings within the Godhead with three different offices they choose to perform,

H2O can exist in three different realities, yet remain H20
    •Ice
    •Liquid
    •or Steam

Each Person of the Godhead can choose a different office, yet remain God.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Isaiah 6:3  says, “And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

” Did you catch that?  That's one “holy” for each person of the Godhead!

Rev 4:8  And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

All praise to God the Father… God the Son Jesus Christ… and God the Holy Spirit! ALL Three merit perfect praise. Holy, Holy, Holy! If there is only one God they would not have repeated the worshipful praise three times.

Holy! Holy! Holy!
    :O :O :O

Cult Buster
    Participant

Rev 19:11 ¶ And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him [was] called *Faithful AND True*, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
    Rev 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, *that no man knew*, but he himself.
    Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called *The Word of God.*
    Rev 19:14 And the armies [which were] in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
    Rev 19:16 And he hath on [his] vesture and on his thigh a name written, *KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.*

Morning Star
    Participant

CB,

You said:
    If there is only one God they would not have repeated the worshipful praise three times.

Even through all your rhetoric you betray yourself.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Jan. 10 2007,12:53)
     There are Three separate Beings, each God and equal with one another. Though they hold different offices, they are nevertherless each God.

Three Divine beings within the Godhead with three different offices they choose to perform,

H2O can exist in three different realities, yet remain H20
    •Ice
    •Liquid
    •or Steam

Each Person of the Godhead can choose a different office, yet remain God.

Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Isaiah 6:3  says, “And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

” Did you catch that?  That's one “holy” for each person of the Godhead!

Rev 4:8  And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

All praise to God the Father… God the Son Jesus Christ… and God the Holy Spirit! ALL Three merit perfect praise. Holy, Holy, Holy! If there is only one God they would not have repeated the worshipful praise three times.

Holy! Holy! Holy!
    :O :O :O

I see you still have that high fever. Your posts do make for good slap stick comedy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    Christ is the root of David too.
    Before Abraham and David he is, with God.

Proclaimer
    Participant

So are we to assume that there are 3 Gods?

Holy (1), Holy (2), Holy (3).

What is the first and great commandment?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 10 2007,22:14)
    Hi W,
    So let us try to restate what you teach.
    God came in flesh.
    It was not God as we know him because it was an emptied God.
    God then submitted to God.
    God was then anointed by God with God's power.
    Am I getting closer?

he he he. True Nick.

It is exactly what many come here teach, and even a child can see the foolishness.

God sent his son. The son is the image of God and the firstborn. He is the Logos and was with God before creation existed.

Why is that so hard for many to accept.

Instead some people trample these precious truths using the mud of the mens doctrines.

And what kind of person tramples pearls into the mud?

Here's a clue.

Oink.

Histruths
    Participant

New here, first post and like to say hi to everyone.

I don't know if this has bin covered, I got up to page nine which took me about 4 days… did the math and discover that it would take me well over a year and a half (including all the posts within that time) before I got to hit the reply button of my first post. So I made a calculated decision, decided to bypass all that, I think it was a good choice. I had a slight problem understanding the worship of the Son of God, when the Word says we must worship one God only, (that is if the Father is the only high God, and I believe He is). But then I read a passage in Gen. 41. The Apostles got their understanding of the relationship of the Son to the Father from the old testament, for the Lord explained all the scriptures to them.

Joseph because of jealousy was hated by his own brothers, sold as a slave, falsely accused, as though he was dead, preached in prison, one man set free the other put to death, not deserving of prison, no one as discerning or wise. Then it says in Gen 41:40-45

40 You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you.” 41 And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.” 42 Then Pharaoh took his signet ring off his hand and put it on Joseph’s hand; and he clothed him in garments of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck. 43 And he had him ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried out before him, “Bow the knee!” So he set him over all the land of Egypt. 44 Pharaoh also said to Joseph, “I am Pharaoh, and without your consent no man may lift his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.” 45 And Pharaoh called Joseph’s name Zaphnath-Paaneah. And he gave him as a wife Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On.

God hide it within His word and it seems the wolves missed it. Everything but His throne.

Then He reminded me of…

Rev 3:9 Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you. 10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

That settled it for me! If He is going to make some bow down before us, then surely I can bow down before the Son of God.

One more thing, on this passage…

Gen 45:8 So now it was not you who sent me here, but God; and He has made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.

Joseph will be like a father to all the people second to Pharaoh.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a Child is born, …And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

But Jesus will be like an everlasting father. If I am to honour and respect my earthly kings, how much more should I honour and respect my heavenly king the Son of God, who is second to the Father only, everything was put under Him by the Father.

1 Corinthians 15:27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Hebrews 2:7-9
    7You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honor 8and put everything under his feet?In putting everything under him, God left nothing that is not subject to him. Yet at present we do not see everything subject to him. 9But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi And welcome HT,
    Good thoughts.
    What do you make of those who say you must worship JESUS
    instead of the Father or AS the Father?

Have you seen the church placards that read
    “Come and worship Jesus here”?

he he he. True Nick.

It is exactly what many come here teach, and even a child can see the foolishness.

God sent his son. The son is the image of God and the firstborn. He is the Logos and was with God before creation existed.

Why is that so hard for many to accept.

Instead some people trample these precious truths using the mud of the mens doctrines.

And what kind of person tramples pearls into the mud?

Here's a clue.

Oink.

t8

Tell me t8? What kind of person would call a child of God who confesses and believes in the Lord Jesus as his savior and seeks to lift up his name,

A PIG.? ???

Is this the fruit that your teaching brings sir?

This is your sight and of course you have the right to say as you please. :(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Satan has done well.
    He has taken away our mediator and made it orthodoxy to believe Jesus is actually God Himself.
    No one can approach God without the help of the mediator.
    So men are deceived into useless human religion.

Hi,
    Satan has done well.
    He has taken away our mediator and made it orthodoxy to believe Jesus is actually God Himself.
    No one can approach God without the help of the mediator.
    So men are deceived into useless human religion.

NH

Maybe to you satan has done well.

You believe there is more than one savior.

Isa 43:11
    I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

Isa 45:21
    Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Hsa 13:4
    Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

And then….

Jn 1:
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

And so fulfilled the prophesy of Isaiah…

Isa 9:
    6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, **The mighty God**, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Matt 1:
    22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
    23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, **God with us**.

Take note Arian followers, he was the mighty God, God with us before the baptism at the Jordan.

Lk 2:11
    For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Tts 1:
    3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
    4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Tts 2:
    10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
    11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
    12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
    13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Tts 3:4
    But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Jud 1:25
    To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Remeber NH, he that hath the Son hath the Father, also he that honors the Son honors the Father also.

I Jn 2:
    22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
    23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: but he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

I Jn 4:
    1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ [Word/God, the Mighty God] is come in the flesh is of God:
    3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ [Word/God the Mighty God] is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Compare with…

I Tim 3:16
    And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God [the Mighty God] was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

So for all the Arian believers and followers…

If you honor the Father then you have to honor the Son.

The Son is fully honored when he is aknowledge for who he is,

The Mighty God, the Word that was with God and the Word that was God who never ceased being God but left his place beside his Father and became a servant by taking on human form, becoming a Son, and submitting to the Father even to death of the cross. Who is now exalted back to his original Glory that he shared with the Father as God, seated at the right hand of the Father, and has been given all power, and authority, all the fullness of the Godhead being in him, and is given a name above ALL Names, JESUS.

Phil 2
    8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Glory and honor is given to the Father when every tongue confesses that Jesus is Lord, Mighty God, prince of peace, Lord of Lords, King of Kings.

Heb 1:
    5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
    6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
    7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
    8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Pss 2:12
    Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [from] the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in him.

Let all men fall to their knees and obey the Fathers command to worship the Mighty God Jesus!

Give him the honor that is due his name!

Jn 5:23
    That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Jn 8:54
    Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Jn 8:54
    Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

The word for honoureth is doxazo, which means;

1) to think, suppose, be of opinion

2) to praise, extol, magnify, celebrate

3) to honour, do honour to, hold in honour

4) to make glorious, adorn with lustre, clothe with splendour

See how the Father exalts and praises Jesus? ???

Jn 12:26
    If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

You cant have the Father without having the Son.

You cant Honour and acknowedge the Father without giving the Same Honour and acknowedgement to the Son.

II Peter 1:17
    For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came
    such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Jn 5:23
    That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

look at how the Host of heaven honours him!!!

Rev 5:
    8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
    9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
    11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
    12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
    13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
    14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!!

:D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So President Bush alone invaded Iraq.

Acts 2:36 (English NIV)
    “Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Acts 10:36 (English NIV)
    You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

The following 7 scriptures reveal Jesus true identity.
    These scripture do not mention a Trinity or even hint at such a thought.
    If you want to believe in the real Jesus, then believe these scriptures, and know that they were inspired by God himself. If we are true disciples, we will trust in the scriptures rather than the cleverly devised doctrines of man.

Colossians 1:12-16 (English-NIV)
    12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
    13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
    14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
    15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Hebrews 1:1-6 (English-NIV)
    1 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
    2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe.
    3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
    4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
    5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father” Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”
    6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God's angels worship him.”

Revelation 1:4-6 (English-NIV)
    4 John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne,
    5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood,
    6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Fatherhood him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

John 1:1 (English-NIV)
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was god.

Ephesians 1:22
    And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church,

Revelation 3:14 (English-KJV)
    And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

John 1:3 (English-NIV)
    Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

These  7 passages of scripture show us the following:

God has spoken to us through the prophets and now his son.
    The son is that exact brightness of God's glory.
    He is the express image of God.
    God sustains all things by his Word (Jesus is the Word of God).
    He is seated at the right hand of God
    He inherited a name more superior to the Angels.
    God became a Father when he begat his son “You are my Son, today I have become your Father”.
    Jesus God is our God too.
    He is the firstborn from the dead.
    Jesus has first place in everything.
    Jesus is head over the Church.
    He is God's firstborn.
    Jesus is the beginning of the creation of God.
    Jesus is begotten, not created.

The above is found as the writtings of this forum!

The following 7 scriptures reveal Jesus true identity.

One of them is…

John 1:1 (English-NIV)
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was god.

Then he goes on to say….

These  7 passages of scripture show us the following:

This is what he says they show…

God has spoken to us through the prophets and now his son.
    The son is that exact brightness of God's glory.
    He is the express image of God.
    God sustains all things by his Word (Jesus is the Word of God).
    He is seated at the right hand of God
    He inherited a name more superior to the Angels.
    God became a Father when he begat his son “You are my Son, today I have become your Father”.
    Jesus God is our God too.
    He is the firstborn from the dead.
    Jesus has first place in everything.
    Jesus is head over the Church.
    He is God's firstborn.
    Jesus is the beginning of the creation of God.
    Jesus is begotten, not created.

https://heavennet.net/writings/trinity-03.htm

The writer left out the most important part.

The Word/Jesus is God!!!

This is a very deceptive practice I find among false teachers.

Most cults or sects deny part or change or twist the written scriptures!

Its an old tactic of Satan being used for centurys to distort the Word of God!  :O

Hi W,
    So President Bush alone invaded Iraq.

NH

What does the Presedent have to do with the Word being with God and the Word being God?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God is the Saviour through His Son, His appointed Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    If we were sitting at the breakfast table together and you asked me to pass the milk would you be happy if I passed the bottle or would you only be satisfied if I poured the contents into my hands and passed the actual milk?
    Because you cannot discern between God and His Son you cannot grasp the simple order of godly Authority that the centurion praised by Jesus did. God works through his agents. God is manifested in His Son and His sons.

Mark 10:17-18 (English-NIV)
    17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his knees before him. “Good teacher,” he
    asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
    18 “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good, except God alone.

Here we can see that Jesus said that only God is good, and he made it quite plain that he did not want to be called good.
    Jesus also doesn't know the hour that he will return to earth, and he also testified that he does nothing of himself, only what he hears from God. These 3 scriptures show a different picture than the 3 persons in 1 God formula called the Trinity, that was devised by man, hundreds of years after the last book in the bible was written, and is not mentioned in either the Old or New Testament.

https://heavennet.net/writings/trinity-03.htm

And yet Jesus said….

Jn 10:
    10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
    11 I am the ***good*** shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
    12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
    13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
    14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

“No one is good, except God alone”.

:O

Viewing 20 posts - 5,701 through 5,720 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account