The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,381 through 5,400 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FF,
    Do you know the Son of God? You need to.
    There is salvation in no other name under heaven.

Acts 4
    ” 10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”

Do not follow the Jews who stumbled over the Stone.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Who could better tell us about the Father/Son then Jesus

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. 18 Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. (the Jews position was that by saying He was the Son of God, then He was saying He was equal to God) 19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. (Jesus was quick to point out that He was not equal but only did what the Father wanted) 20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. (Jesus telling of how highly exalted His position was) 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Interesting! Was Jesus the word saying he was not good?

Only one is good, God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  

You said
    Jesus said only God was good because all good comes from God and Jesus is the recipient, not the cause.

Likewise we are only good if we accept goodness from God, we cannot manufacture our own good separate from God.

Everything Jesus does he does in the name of his God and he does only that which he sees his Father doing and says what his Father says.

Therefore Jesus answered correctly that there is only one who IS good. We can be good but we are not Good (the originator of good).

James 1:17
    Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Even God's son is his gift to humanity and he came from above.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 24 2006,01:43)
    Why do you insist on calling Jesus the Word/God evil.

To WorshippingJesus.

That is silly. I have never said such a thing. This is a false statement.

Jesus is not evil, rather he is good because all that he does is from the one who is good, i.e., God.

This is what Jesus taught and it is what I repeat. Therefore if I repeat the words of Jesus and you say that I am saying he is evil, then in reality you are saying that Jesus said he was evil.

That is why I said you are being silly.

You should repent.

Not silly.

You infer that Jesus is not Good because you misinterpret Jesus words.

Luke 18:18-19
    18A ruler questioned Him, saying, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 19And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

Jesus did not say “I am not good”, nor did he say “I am not God”. He questioned the rich young ruler's rationale for calling him “good”. Jesus obviously is not saying he is not good. He is saying, in essence, “are you calling me God?”

If you insist that Jesus the Word/God is not good, then you put Jesus in the same category as all other men. The Father said “No Man” is Good. So if Jesus is Good then this must mean that he is something other than man also.  

The Word was God. And so I repeat…

Examine these words closly my friend.

Jesus says….whatever the Father does the **Son also does.**

Jesus says….So whatever **I say** is just what the Father has told me to say.”

Who did the “doing and the saying”? So Ill rephrase my question.

Why do you insist on saying Jesus the Word/God does not have goodness in himself? He came to do the will of the Father. The Father didnt do it for him.

How could the perfect sinless Lamb of God not be Good.

Check this out…

Jn 10:
    14 I am the **good shepherd**, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine.
    15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

He is one with the Father yes, but he is the Word/God who is the perfect man as well as the perfect God.

Jesus is a seperate being from the Father, which you guys argue so much.

So why do you insist he was not good in himself. Of course it would mean Jesus is taking claim of who he was and is…

God in the Flesh. One with the Father and Spirit.    

Hmmm. I point out the truth in the scriptures and you tell me to repent.

What are you a prophet to tell another child of God to repent. ???

To WorshippingJesus.

You have said another silly and false statement.

I teach that Jesus is and was the Word of God. This is the essence of my teaching.

But when I point out that some teach that he is actually God himself, when scripture says he is the Word and the Son, then somehow you twist that to say that I deny he is the Word.

Well I cannot follow the logic, but my advice to you is that you cannot see the forest for the log that exists in your eye. First take the log out of your eye so that you may see clearly and so that you can judge rightly.

t8

Jn 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the **Word was God**.

Heb 1:8
    But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.

! Jn 5:20

NKJV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

KJV
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

NLT
    And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we are in God because we are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.

NIV
    We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true–even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

ESV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life

RSV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, to know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

NASB
    And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

Now you teach Jesus is “A” God.

If he is “A” God as you say.

Then is he a true God or a false God?

So look at the forest of scriptures above and see if yoiu can see who the Son is.

Jesus is God, One with the Father and Holy Ghost. :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Rev 2
    ” 14But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

15So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

16Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.”

What we believe and teach matters to God.
    Abandon the teachings of men.
    Go back to the teachings of scripture and abide in them for your own safety.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “Jesus is God, One with the Father and Holy Ghost.”

Then who is the Son of God?

Rationalisations
    and
    Justifications

are not truth.

Truth is truth.
    Jesus is the truth.
    He said “my word is truth”

Listen to him and do not stray off the path of truth

BTW: To WorshippingJesus..

You like others who have come here, completely ignored the scriptures I give you and then resort to silly accusations. This is not new of course. I could imagine that Martin Luther put up with the same ignorance when he taught that forgiveness of sins is a gift of God. I am sure that there were fellows like yourself that tried to stop him at every turn. But in the end the truth got out.

To me, you accusations prove to all reasonable people (who come here and have read your rebuttal) that you have no answer for what I said to you and in particular the scriptures I gave you.

But then we will all face God on that day and give an account, will we not?

I am patient, but I am also not a nasty person and would like to see you you open to the truth of God before that day. But that is up to you and you alone.

This life proves what manor of men and woman we are. In the end we have no excuses. We are judged by what we say and what we say comes from what is in our heart.

Now if men dedicate themselves to opposing those who are for the truth and believe in reformation, then I truly pity such people. Surely a life should be spent on noble things, and not trying to stop that which God is doing.

t8

II Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

So I suppose that you have all truth. Because you say men appose the truth (your truth that is), that you pity them for not believeing “your” truth.

Well thats exactly what I and many others percieve of this forum. Opossing the truth.

Can you not see the hatred that comes out of you for a trinitarian? ???

Think about it.

Hi W,
    You say
    “Jesus is God, One with the Father and Holy Ghost.”

Then who is the Son of God?

NH

Heres the Son.

NKJV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

KJV
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

NLT
    And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we are in God because we are in his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life.

NIV
    We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true–even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

ESV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life

RSV
    And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, to know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

NASB
    And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    I have never seen any hatred against people expressed by t8.
    He does hate falsehood but so should we all.

The enemies of God oppose His ways and are at risk of His anger.
    All should examine their teachings and search their hearts to be at peace with Him.

Ps 139
    ” 19Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: depart from me therefore, ye bloody men.

20For they speak against thee wickedly, and thine enemies take thy name in vain.

21Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?

22I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.

23Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting”

seekingtruth
    Participant

Good verse on Jesus

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (seems fairly clear that Jesus although separate was God) 2 He was with God in the beginning. (beginning of what, not God, he had no beginning, it seems to be saying the beginning of creation) 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. 6 There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9 The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God 13 children born not of natural descent nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, “This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' ” 16 From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only who is at the Father's side, has made him known. (here is a verse that says God was made known to us by a separate being named God, Scripture does call Jesus God)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ST,
    The beginning “of creation” is adding to the Word. God and His family of Sons and angels existed prior to physical creation as shown in Jb 38. We are part of the last plan of God it would seem.

sscott
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2006,22:48)
    Hi ST,
    The beginning “of creation” is adding to the Word. God and His family of Sons and angels existed prior to physical creation as shown in Jb 38. We are part of the last plan of God it would seem.

Where does it show that?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi sscott,
    Jb 38
    “4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

sscott
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2006,23:04)
    Hi sscott,
    Jb 38
    “4Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

the foundations of the earth were laid on day three. The angels could have been created on day one or two.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi sscott,
    Why should life begin at Genesis1?
    God and spiritual creation didn't begin then did it?
    That seems to be time the VISIBLE creation began.

Gen 1
    ” 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

We know all things came through the Son so he was in the beginning with God.
    Satan too has been a liar since the beginning.

sscott
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2006,23:30)
    Hi sscott,
    Why should life begin at Genesis1?
    God and spiritual creation didn't begin then did it?
    That seems to be time the VISIBLE creation began.

Gen 1
    ” 1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

We know all things came through the Son so he was in the beginning with God.
    Satan too has been a liar since the beginning.

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

can you find a verse that show creation existed before Gen 1?

sscott
    Participant

1 In the beginning God created the heavenS and the earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi sscott,
    fair enough. Gen 1 encompasses eternity too.

sscott
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2006,23:45)
    Hi sscott,

1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Eternity? Or 7 days. Gen 1,2 about the first 7 days.

sscott
    Participant

Quote (sscott @ Dec. 26 2006,23:51)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 26 2006,23:45)
    Hi sscott,

1 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Eternity? Or 7 days. Gen 1,2 about the first 7 days.

Sorry, just realized this conversation was being carried on in the “Trinity, topic scripture ONLY site, I adjure all by Yešûa, scripture only”.

I'll start a new thread.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,381 through 5,400 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account