The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,321 through 5,340 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author

Hi W,
    Jesus is
    the Son of God
    not God.

You should believe him and stop leading others astray as the millstone will be heavy around the neck.

Amen NH he is the Son of God.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Then if the one spoken of as God over 2000 times in scripture is the Father
    and Jesus is not that God, and not an aspect of that God
    but is the Son of that God, who was sent into the world
    then you must surely hold to and teach these things.

Fascination with the few times Jesus is given a divine appellation is not sufficient evidence that these things are not true.

We must not sow tares.

Hi W,
    Then if the one spoken of as God over 2000 times in scripture is the Father
    and Jesus is not that God, and not an aspect of that God
    but is the Son of that God, who was sent into the world
    then you must surely hold to and teach these things.

Fascination with the few times Jesus is given a divine appellation is not sufficient evidence that these things are not true.

We must not sow tares.

NH

zech 7:11
    But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear.

Isa 6:10
    Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.
    :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You insist on following Constantine so we should not hearken to your voice of rebellion.
    Why fear man?
    Why follow tradition?

Hi W,
    You insist on following Constantine so we should not hearken to your voice of rebellion.
    Why fear man?
    Why follow tradition?

NH

You should read scripture with an open mind and heart and let it teach you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    And I build on the foundation that God placed and Jesus reinforced.
    Deuteronomy 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
    Mark 12:29
    “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

The scribes knew it as truth.

Mark 12:32
    And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Jesus said he was not that God

Luke 18:19
    And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

And that God is above all including the Son.

Ephesians 4:6
    One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Back to basics and you will find simple truth again.
    Why rebel against God?
    Why kick against the goad?

Hi W,
    And I build on the foundation that God placed and Jesus reinforced.
    Deuteronomy 6:4
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
    Mark 12:29
    “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.

NH

Amen. There is harmony in the Godhead.

Heb 1
    5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
    6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
    7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
    8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The Son is the most glorious being under God
    But come on. Don't stop there. You have a trinity not a binity to try to prove.

And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

NH

Interesting! Was Jesus the word saying he was not good?

Only one is good, God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. :O

Hi W,

NH

How can I tell you of the three? When you won't even believe the two? ???

Proclaimer
    Participant

To WorshippingJesus.

NH

Interesting! Was Jesus the word saying he was not good?

Only one is good, God, Father, Son and Holy Ghost. :O

Jesus said only God was good because all good comes from God and Jesus is the recipient, not the cause.

Likewise we are only good if we accept goodness from God, we cannot manufacture our own good separate from God.

Everything Jesus does he does in the name of his God and he does only that which he sees his Father doing and says what his Father says.

Therefore Jesus answered correctly that there is only one who IS good. We can be good but we are not Good (the originator of good).

James 1:17
    Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Even God's son is his gift to humanity and he came from above.

Jesus said only God was good because all good comes from God and Jesus is the recipient, not the cause.

Likewise we are only good if we accept goodness from God, we cannot manufacture our own good separate from God.

Everything Jesus does he does in the name of his God and he does only that which he sees his Father doing and says what his Father says.

Therefore Jesus answered correctly that there is only one who IS good. We can be good but we are not Good (the originator of good).

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

t8

So if what you say is true, then Jesus the Word had no identity of his own?

The Word was **with** God and the Word **was God**. I think he had goodness in himself also! :)

BTW t8

The Father was also in the Son, would god dwell in a vessel or being that is not Good? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Does He not dwell in YOU and I??

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2006,22:52)

Hi W,

NH

How can I tell you of the three? When you won't even believe the two? ???

Hi W,
    God is ONE.
    There is for us ONE GOD, the Father.
    Multiplication of God to more than ONE is of man.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 22 2006,05:32)
    [

Jesus plainly speaks of 3 persons in Matt 28. If he would have meant something other than this he would have said so.

Matt 28:
    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Sorry it is the truth. :D

I am curious what you have to say then about all the examples of baptism in Acts. In every case where a name under which to be baptised is mentioned, They baptize in Jesus name.

Did the apostles understand something different then you do? You say Mat 28 depicts 3 person yet when they obey Jesus' commandment they baptize in Jesus name only. Did the apostles obey or dissobey Jesus?

Just curious

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 23 2006,18:29)

t8

So if what you say is true, then Jesus the Word had no identity of his own?

The Word was **with** God and the Word **was God**. I think he had goodness in himself also! :)

To WorshippingJesus.

It is not I who says it. It is scripture.
    You are contending with scripture, not me.

Mark 10:18
    “Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

John 5:19
    Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 12:49-50
    49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.
    50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 23 2006,18:31)

BTW t8

The Father was also in the Son, would god dwell in a vessel or being that is not Good? ???

Are you good?
    Can God dwell in you?

Are you good or are you good because you have received good?

If God's Spirit dwells in you, do you go around saying that you say that you are good? Or do you say that I have become righteous because of God?

Jesus receives all he has and is from his Father. Unlike us who have sinned Jesus has never and will never sin. But he has his own will, but he chooses to align his will to God's will.

The son of God calls his and our God, the Father. A Father is the source of his son. That is a pretty obvious statement, i.e., a son is the offspring of his father.

It is simple to understand because God gave men the ability to have sons and daughters. And we should love our children just as God loves his child.

1 John 5:1
    Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Lord, God's son and child?

Or do you also add to that and say that he is the God that he is the child of and the son of?

Is it not better to stick that which God has revealed?

How can man work out anything himself from his own mind and spirit. Will you not just end up with confusion? Do not those who teach the Trinity ultimately say you cannot understand the doctrine fully?

The Trinity doctrine is an attempt to understand God by means that didn't come from God, but from man's own spirit.

Men cannot help themselves. From their nature they create idols, icons, and doctrines that belittle God. But God in Heaven laughs at the vain attempts of men to change his revealed truth to the lies of men.

John 5:19
    Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 12:49-50
    49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.
    50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

t8

Examine these words closly my friend.

Jesus says….whatever the Father does the **Son also does.**

Jesus says….So whatever **I say** is just what the Father has told me to say.”

Who did the “doing and the saying”?

Why do you insist on calling Jesus the Word/God evil. He came to do the will of the Father. The Father didnt do it for him.

How could the perfect sinless Lamb of God not be Good.

Check this out…

Jn 10:
    14 I am the **good shepherd**, and know my [sheep], and am known of mine.
    15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

He is one with the Father yes, but he is the Word/God who is the perfect man as well as the perfect God.

Jesus is a seperate being from the Father, which you guys argue so much.

So why do you insist he was not good. Of course it would mean Jesus is taking claim of who he was and is…

God in the Flesh. One with the Father and Spirit.  :O

Are you good?
    Can God dwell in you?

Are you good or are you good because you have received good?

If God's Spirit dwells in you, do you go around saying that you say that you are good? Or do you say that I have become righteous because of God?

Jesus receives all he has and is from his Father. Unlike us who have sinned Jesus has never and will never sin. But he has his own will, but he chooses to align his will to God's will.

The son of God calls his and our God, the Father. A Father is the source of his son. That is a pretty obvious statement, i.e., a son is the offspring of his father.

It is simple to understand because God gave men the ability to have sons and daughters. And we should love our children just as God loves his child.

1 John 5:1
    Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well.

Do you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Lord, God's son and child?

Or do you also add to that and say that he is the God that he is the child of and the son of?

Is it not better to stick that which God has revealed?

How can man work out anything himself from his own mind and spirit. Will you not just end up with confusion? Do not those who teach the Trinity ultimately say you cannot understand the doctrine fully?

The Trinity doctrine is an attempt to understand God by means that didn't come from God, but from man's own spirit.

Men cannot help themselves. From their nature they create idols, icons, and doctrines that belittle God. But God in Heaven laughs at the vain attempts of men to change his revealed truth to the lies of men.

t8

Why do you turn your face from the many scriptures that undeniably claim that Jesus is the Word/God.

II kings 17:14
    Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the LORD their God.

:(

Viewing 20 posts - 5,321 through 5,340 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account