The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,241 through 5,260 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Fair enough. Let me do what you did and you can provide your own “man made dogma” to support your belief:

JEREMIAH 10:10
    “But Jehovah is in truth God. He is the living God and the King to time indefinite. Because of his indignation the earth will rock, and no nations will hold up under his denunciation.”

1 JOHN 5:20
    “But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.”

Here, it speaks of the true one. In Jer 10:10, we definitely see who this true one is. In 1 John, it speaks of the true on and then, adds, “by means of his “the true one's” Son. Then, it clearly goes back to talking about the true one who was just a second ago distinguished from the true one, and it mentions that this true one is the true God.

Other scriptures, such as John 17:3 make clear that this true one, (who in that scripture is again distinguished from “the only true God”) isn't Jesus.

So, if we actually follow the Bible as a whole and there is a question how this scripture 1 John, should be taken, we have to take the other clear parts of the Bible to get our understanding.

In that scripture, therefore, the true one spoken of is God Almighty and not Jesus.

Fair enough. Let me do what you did and you can provide your own “man made dogma” to support your belief:

JEREMIAH 10:10
    “But Jehovah is in truth God. He is the living God and the King to time indefinite. Because of his indignation the earth will rock, and no nations will hold up under his denunciation.”

1 JOHN 5:20
    “But we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us intellectual capacity that we may gain the knowledge of the true one. And we are in union with the true one, by means of his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting.”

Here, it speaks of the true one. In Jer 10:10, we definitely see who this true one is. In 1 John, it speaks of the true on and then, adds, “by means of his “the true one's” Son. Then, it clearly goes back to talking about the true one who was just a second ago distinguished from the true one, and it mentions that this true one is the true God.

Other scriptures, such as John 17:3 make clear that this true one, (who in that scripture is again distinguished from “the only true God”) isn't Jesus.

So, if we actually follow the Bible as a whole and there is a question how this scripture 1 John, should be taken, we have to take the other clear parts of the Bible to get our understanding.

In that scripture, therefore, the true one spoken of is God Almighty and not Jesus.

David

What translation are you using?:)

music4two
    Participant

I would like to ask a simple question of everyone on this board.

Can anyone on here tell me the purpose of Teaching or Doctrine?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You quote
    “Acts 2:38
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
    So they were baptised in the Name of Jesus Christ and the apostles laid hands for them to receive the Spirit.
    How is this related in any way to any babylonian trinity?

Hi W,
    You quote
    “Acts 2:38
    Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
    So they were baptised in the Name of Jesus Christ and the apostles laid hands for them to receive the Spirit.
    How is this related in any way to any babylonian trinity?

————–

NH

God is an amazing being wouldnt you say? He can fill a man like a vessel with himself!

Jn 14:
    16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
    17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, **neither knoweth him**: **but ye know him** (Or do you NH?); for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you(Is he NH?).

Jn 16:13
    13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Acts 2:
    1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
    2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
    3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
    4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

NH have you recieved the Holy Ghost since you believed?

Acts 19:
    2 He said unto them, **Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed**? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
    3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
    4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
    5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
    6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

Have you been filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke in a new tongue as the Spirit gave utterance NH?

You know He is the same yesterday and today and forever.   :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Amen W,
    And I rely on it.
    Rom 8
    26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
    Jude
    ” 20But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, “
    Eph
    ” 18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;”

music4two
    Participant

I am curious why every time I ask a simple question about the functionality of doctrine or the purpose for doctrine, every one avoids the question like the plague?
    Are their those on the board that are living in a fantasy? Do they think that debating head knowledge about doctrines, that serve no purpose in reality, is something of value?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    We are not Jews so have never been under the Old testament Law. We also know that following the Torah is no longer a way of salvation. Neither is the external imitation of Christ in our own strength. Obedience to the commands of Christ about rebirth from above and receiving the inner teacher Who takes us to the Word is the way.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Dec. 17 2006,17:19)
    There are many even millions who say you practice a cult.

To WorshippingJesus.

There are millions who don't believe in God and Evolution and we know that the whole world in under the sway of the Evil One.

It says fear not “little flock” for a reason.

The majority of mankind is caught up into doctrines of demons and Babylon.

God is merciful, but he is also the God of truth.

If anybody seeks for the truth, they will find it. But if a man accepts the doctrines of men, even in light of the Spirit's work, then God honours mens decision, even if it is wrong.

david
    Participant

David

What translation are you using?

You're using the KJ. And when I tried to explain the inaccrucies of that translation with the word “tempt” and the way you are using it, you stated: man made dogma.

So you can't really ask me that question until you address my statements to you which you simply dismissed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “God is an amazing being wouldnt you say? He can fill a man like a vessel with himself!”
    Absolutely.
    Do you not believe God pours of His own Spirit and fills men with His Spirit?
    It is a basic truth of our faith.

Joel 2
    ” 28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”

Exodus 28:3
    And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they may make Aaron's garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.

Exodus 31:3
    And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,

Exodus 35:31
    And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship;

Lk 4
    1And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

Acts 2:4
    And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Ephesians 5:18
    And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

Colossians 1:9
    For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2006,18:44)
    Hi m42,
    We are not Jews so have never been under the Old testament Law. We also know that following the Torah is no longer a way of salvation. Neither is the external imitation of Christ in our own strength. Obedience to the commands of Christ about rebirth from above and receiving the inner teacher Who takes us to the Word is the way.

It seems you are skirting the issue again. I ask a simple question that can easily be answered and you go off on tangents that are completely irelevent.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    Apollos is our example
    Acts 18
    24And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

25This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

26And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

27And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

28For he mightily convinced the Jews, and that publicly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus was Christ.”
    Reborn but yet ignorant he had to submit to being refined in his doctrine to be of full use to God.

You're using the KJ.  And when I tried to explain the inaccrucies of that translation with the word “tempt” and the way you are using it, you stated: man made dogma.

So you can't really ask me that question until you address my statements to you which you simply dismissed.

David

Most of your post was not addressing scripture but historical or retorical content. I prefer sticking to the scriptures and not man made opinions or dogma.

The reason I ask the question of what transaltion, is all the major translations do not read the scripture like that. So my statement stands in regards to the interpretation of it. :)

To WorshippingJesus.

There are millions who don't believe in God and Evolution and we know that the whole world in under the sway of the Evil One.

It says fear not “little flock” for a reason.

God is merciful, but he is also the God of truth.

If anybody seeks for the truth, they will find it. But if a man accepts the doctrines of men, even in light of the Spirit's work, then God honours mens decision, even if it is wrong.

t8

Yes, but what Im speaking of is millions of born again Spirit filled believers united In Christ and bringing Jesus to thousands daily world wide. And in this movement and pouring out of the Spirit world wide there is unity among them with a trinitarian view.

Most if not all true believers I have met were saved in a trintarian Church.

I am talking about fruit here. Again what kind of fruit does this sect have?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Are you agreeing that trinitarians form a sect?
    Most here were reborn in a trinity sect but the Spirit within made them more and more uncomfortable about this doctrine and how it was becoming impossible to defend before God and had to discard it.
    Perhaps you have doubts too or you would not be here?

I am curious why every time I ask a simple question about the functionality of doctrine or the purpose for doctrine, every one avoids the question like the plague?
    Are their those on the board that are living in a fantasy? Do they think that debating head knowledge about doctrines, that serve no purpose in reality, is something of value?

M42

You are right concerning the functionality of doctrine.

I can only speak for my self. But I find that open discussion and dialogue of the scriptures can be very beneficial. It causes me to search the scripture for the truth.

However, is knowledge of the scriptures enough?

Absolutely not.

Jesus said search the scriptures for in them you think you have eternal life.

So scripture without having the Spirit the teacher will only leave us with a dead letter.

But, the more scripture that we know then the more the Holy Ghost can bring it to our remembrance and bring that scripture alive in us. This is how we are changed and become more like him through the living word, the incorruptable seed. We are being changed daily through the living word of God. Man shall not live by bread only, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.

So simply debating head knowledge about doctrine is not beneficial. But if it is a stepping-stone to challenge me to defend the faith as well as to seek out the truth of a matter, then I see it as good thing and it will produce fruit.

But we need the revelation knowledge of God. Paul prayed for the Ephesians…

Eph 1:
    16 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
    17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
    18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
    19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Jesus expounded the scriptures to his disciples and they still didn’t **know him**…

Lk 24:15,16
    And it came to pass, that, while they communed [together] and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them.
    But their eyes were holden that they should not know him.

Lk 24:27
    And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

But when he began to fellowship with them….

Lk24:31
    And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.

Jesus wasn’t playing head games with them. He was creating a desire in them to see him.

This shows us the desire God has for all of his children, that we should hunger and thirst for him who is our righteousness and we will be filled.

So study and dialogue is important, thats why Jesus expounded the scriptures to them, but the end result of that should be fellowship with God.

Blessings
    :)

Hi W,
    Are you agreeing that trinitarians form a sect?
    Most here were reborn in a trinity sect but the Spirit within made them more and more uncomfortable about this doctrine and how it was becoming impossible to defend before God had to discard it.
    Perhaps you have doubts too or you would not be here?

NH

We have hopes that you would come back home to the truth from which you have strayed.:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    I cannot build on man's foundation anything of lasting value.
    Zechariah 4:9
    The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.
    Zechariah 8:9
    Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Let your hands be strong, ye that hear in these days these words by the mouth of the prophets, which were in the day that the foundation of the house of the LORD of hosts was laid, that the temple might be built.

Luke 6:48
    He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

Romans 15:20
    Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

1 Corinthians 3:10
    According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon

t8

So you say that those with a trinitarian view follow doctrines of demons and Babylon? ???

Viewing 20 posts - 5,241 through 5,260 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account