The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,201 through 5,220 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

LUKE 4:12

Hi David.

Christ (the Lord thy God) was indeed tempted by the devil.

Luke 4:2 Being forty days tempted (peirazō) of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

G3985
    πειράζω
    peirazō
    pi-rad'-zo
    From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: – assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.

Luk 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt (ekpeirazō) the Lord thy God.

CB. You are skipping the verses between verse 2 and 12 and don't seem to understand the way that Jesus was being tempted. He was being tempted to put God to the test. (Notice verses 9-11)

You say that the KJ version is “accurated.” But while it may have been accurate for the most part when it was translated, MUCH OF IT IS INACCURATE NOW BECAUSE THE ENLGISH LANGUAGE HAS CHANGED.

I gave you examples. One of which that the word “let” used to mean to “hinder.” This is the exact opposite of conveying an accurate meaning. IT THEREFORE ISN'T ALWAYS ACCURATE. YOU CAN'T DISPUTE THIS. IT'S INDISPUTABLE.

In the verses you skipped over, between verse 2 and 12, we see that Jesus quotes from Deuteronomy where it is said that you should not put Jehovah your God to the test, like was done at Massah (a word that means “testing” or “trial.”)
    The King James version at this verse in Deut says that you should not tempt God, but clearly this is now the wrong meaning at present day. GOD WAS IN NO WAY BEING TEMPTED AT MASSAH. They were putting him to the test.
    I DON'T BELIEVE YOU CAN ARGUE THAT. YOU CAN'T.
    So the verse that Jesus was quoting, the true meaning and accurate translation has the word “testing” or being put to the test.

DEUTERONOMY 6:16
    ““YOU must not put Jehovah YOUR God to the test, the way YOU put him to the test at Mas′sah.”

Deut 6:16 (KJ)
    Ye shall not tempt the LORD your God, as ye tempted him in Massah.
    (GO BACK AND READ DEAUT 6 AND SEE THAT THIS ISN'T A CORRECT TRANSLATION. LOOK UP THE WORD “TEMPT” IN A DICTIONARY AND SEE THAT IT DOESNT' FIT.) Maybe it fit 500 years ago in old english. It doesn't fit the dictionaries or the meaning of what happened today. The enlgish language has changed.

After puting Jehovah to the test, Moses subsequently NAMED THE PLACE MASSAH (meaning “Testing; Trial”) because the Israelites had put Jehovah to the test by their faithless murmuring, and on account of their quarreling, he called it Meribah.—Ex 17:1-7; Ps 105:41.

THEY CERTAINLY DIDN'T TEMPT HIM THERE.

As far as I can tell, all other Bibles have God being put to the test in verse 12, not being tempted.

I HAVEN'T CHECKED EVERY BIBLE, BUT I THINK YOU ARE USING JUST ABOUT THE ONLY ONE THAT TRANSLATES IT THIS WAY, and it is inaccurate today.

LET'S LOOK AT THE CONTEXT.

“If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down from here; 10 for it is written, ‘He [THAT IS, “GOD”] will give his angels a charge concerning you, to preserve you,’ 11 and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone.’” 12 In answer Jesus said to him: “It is said, ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

Why did Jesus say what he did in verse 12??????

Because Satan was wanting Jesus to put God to the test to see if he would “give his angels” the charge concerning Jesus.

It would be testing God to try to get him to do these things: have his angels save Jesus. This would be a test, not a temptation.

All your stuff about the “I AM” doesn't really have a bearing on how this scripture is understood.

Please go back and read Deut 6:16 and the context and tell me how Jehovah was being “tempted” there. Because that is the verse Jesus was quoting what he said: “it is written…” And if he quoted that verse, he wouldn't misquote it.
    As well, looking at the context of why Jesus said what he did, makes it clear that he was speaking about God being tested in whether he would carry out his word to save Jesus. This is obvious.

Here's something else that is devastating to what you believe in regards to this scripture:
    At MATTHEW 4:1, Jesus is spoken of as being “tempted by the Devil.” After showing Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,” Satan said: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” (Matthew 4:8, 9) Satan was trying to cause Jesus to be disloyal to God.
    But what test of loyalty would that be if Jesus were God? Could God rebel against himself?

The temptation of Jesus would make sense only if he was, not God, but a separate individual who had his own free will, one who could have been disloyal had he chosen to be.

On the other hand, it is unimaginable that God could sin and be disloyal to himself. “Perfect is his activity . . . A God of faithfulness, . . . righteous and upright is he.” (Deuteronomy 32:4) So if Jesus had been God, he could not have been tempted.—James 1:13.

Not being God, Jesus could have been disloyal. But he remained faithful, saying: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”—Matthew 4:10.

Going back for a second:
    EXODUS 17:7
    “So he called the name of the place MASSAH and Mer′i·bah, because of the quarreling of the sons of Israel and because of their putting Jehovah to the test, saying: “Is Jehovah in our midst or not?””

We know that Massah means: “testing, trial”

KJV, Deut 33:8:
    “And of Levi he said, Let thy Thummim and thy Urim be with thy holy one, whom thou didst prove at Massah, and with whom thou didst strive at the waters of Meribah;”
    No mention of “tempting” here. Only of “proving” something. Testing??? hmmm.

Massah is only named a few times in the Bible. It means “testing, trial.” It doens't mean “tempting.” Not a lot happened at Massah other than the testing of jehovah. No tempting of Jehovah there.

done.

In your quotes and definitions, the other words don't really matter, because we know and agree they are referring to Jesus. It's just this one:

Luk 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt (ekpeirazō) the Lord thy God.

G1598
    ἐκπειράζω
    ekpeirazō
    ek-pi-rad'-zo
    From G1537 and G3985; to test thoroughly: – tempt.

The main meaning here seems to be to test…thoroughly. And indeed, looking at the verse before, we see that it would have been testing Jehovah for Jesus to have done that.
    You're confusing the fact that Jesus was clearly being tempted with the fact that you should not be Jehovah to the test.

Now, let's look at the way most Bibles render these verses:
    Luke 4:9-12 (New American Standard Bible)
    “And he led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here; for it is written,'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU TO GUARD YOU,'
    and,'ON their HANDS THEY W
    ILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.'” And Jesus answered and said to him, “It is said, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'”

Clearly, the context, and the verse he was quoting leave no room for the understanding that verse 12 should be translated “tempting” in modern Bibles, in the sense that “tempting” is understood today.

david

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 12 2006,12:52)

Hi CB.  Unfortunately, you seem to have a knack for picking out scriptures from the KJ version that only the KJ version translate that way.

In luke 4:12, Jesus quotes scripture saying: You shall not put your God to the test.
    The King james version says: you shall not tempt your God.  But look to the verse that it quoted from.

““YOU must not put Jehovah YOUR God to the test, the way YOU put him to the test at Mas?sah.”

Hi David.

Christ (the Lord thy God) was indeed tempted by the devil.

Luke 4:2  Being forty days tempted (peirazo¯) of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

G3985
    ????´??
    peirazo¯
    pi-rad'-zo
    From G3984; to test (objectively), that is, endeavor, scrutinize, entice, discipline: – assay, examine, go about, prove, tempt (-er), try.

Luk 4:12  And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt (ekpeirazo¯) the Lord thy God.

G1598
    ???????´??
    ekpeirazo¯
    ek-pi-rad'-zo
    From G1537 and G3985; to test thoroughly: – tempt.

And have a look at the following verse David.

Luke 4:13  And when the devil had ended all the temptation(peirasmos),
    he departed from him for a season.[/B]

G3986
    ???????´?
    peirasmos
    pi-ras-mos'
    From G3985; a putting to proof (by experiment [of good], experience [of evil], solicitation, discipline or provocation); by implication adversity: – temptation, X try.

The KJV translation is accurated. The devil was indeed tempting the Lord thy God  (Jesus)

Re. Deut 6:16 the LORD (y'hovah) your God.

Jesus tells it as it is.

Joh 8:56  Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
    Joh 8:57  Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
    Joh 8:58  Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM.
    Joh 8:59  Then took they up stones to cast at him (because Jesus claimed He was God; the I AM): but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Exo 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM:and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exo 33:11  And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend.

The God that spoke to Moses was Christ Himself. because no man has seen the Father (John 1:18, John 6:46).

CB

Teaching as the Hebrews (including Jesus) practiced had little to do with “Doctrine” it is being presented on this board..

The Hebrew word “Torah” is usually translated into the English word “Law”. Because of this translation there is a great misunderstanding of what “Torah” truly is. “TORAH IS NOT LAW”. When we use the word “law” we assume a certain meaning and concept of the word that is not present in the Hebrew Scriptures.

The purpose of a parents Torah is to teach and bring the children to maturity. If the Torah is violated out of disrespect or defiant disobedience, the child is punished. If the child desires to follow the instructions out of a loving obedience but falls short of the expectations, the child is commended for the effort and counseled on how to perform the instructions better the next time. Unlike Torah, law is a set of rules from a government or authority and binding on a community. Violation of the rules require punishment. With this type of law, there is no room for teaching, either the law was broken with the penalty of punishment or it was not broken.

The Torah was a set of teachings on wisdom designed to help the child live, prosper and succeed in this world as a son. Teachings designed to develop proper character and heart toward God and man. God, as our heavenly Father, gives his children His Torah in the same manner and for the same reasons. God’s teachings or doctrines are all designed with the welfare of His children in mind. They are designed to further His purpose to raise up children with His character. The so-called teachings or “Doctrines” of today must function as the Torah did in Biblical times or they are a waste of Christians time. In fact it is worse then that. By sidetracking people from sound teaching (teaching that functions and produces fruit) they are working against God.

I have a simple question for you. How does ascerting that Jesus has a dual nature or that God is a Trinity further a Christians quest to become like Christ? Just tell me the purpose of what you are teaching.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi m42,
    Is the New Testament like unto the old?
    Can we be transformed into Christ by reading the bible?
    Surely the Spirit of Christ growing up into Christ within us becomes the law and the teacher in the NT?
    Was that possible before his Spirit was sent when he ascended?
    The Jews did not have Christ within them.
    They only had the Word.

Zech 4
    “Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”

Jn 15
    ” 4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”

Our work

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 13 2006,07:52)
    The God that spoke to Moses was Christ Himself. because no man has seen the Father (John 1:18, John 6:46).

To Cult Buster.

But it is also written that no man can see GOD and no one has seen his form.

It is also written that for us, there is one God the Father and that the Father is the true God and the God of Jesus Christ.

So I take it that when Paul referred to “us” he wasn't talking about you?

I believe these statements and consider “us” to include myself.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
    5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many “gods” and many “lords”),
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

John 1:18
    No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 17:3
    Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

So are you included in “us” whom Paul referred to? Or are you from another group. If you are “us”, then why is it that you do not believe what “us” is meant to believe?

These are serious questions that you need to ask yourself. Letting pride take over and defending yourself against the truth is not going to get you anywhere is it?

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 15 2006,21:41)
    Hi m42,
    Is the New Testament like unto the old?
    Can we be transformed into Christ by reading the bible?
    Surely the Spirit of Christ growing up into Christ within us becomes the law and the teacher in the NT?
    Was that possible before his Spirit was sent when he ascended?
    The Jews did not have Christ within them.
    They only had the Word.

Zech 4
    “Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”

Jn 15
    ” 4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.”

Our work

Actually the post was not written to you specifically, however thank you for your comment.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M42,
    In this public forum all are encouraged to contribute.

Cult Buster
    Participant

music4two

I have a simple question for you. How does ascerting that Jesus has a dual nature or that God is a Trinity further a Christians quest to become like Christ? Just tell me the purpose of what you are teaching.

You tell me the purpose of the Arian Watchtower doctrine on this forum.

Cult Buster
    Participant

David

CB. You are skipping the verses between verse 2 and 12 and don't seem to understand the way that Jesus was being tempted.  He was being tempted  to put God to the test.

It does not say that God the Father was being tested or tempted.
    Jesus clearly was the one being tempted. Jesus the Lord Thy God

Cult Buster
    Participant

t8 quoted

yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

There is one God the Father. There is also one God the Son.

1:8   But unto the Son [he saith], Thy throne, O God, [is] for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness [is] the sceptre of thy kingdom.  

He also quoted

and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ,

t8. Are you saying that the Father is not Lord?

All the Arian doctrine on this forum is Watchtower stuff.

music4two
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 16 2006,11:54)
    music4two

Since I am not a follower of Arianism or watchtower I really do not know. It was, however, a very poor attempt to side step the subject. If you cannot tell me the purpose of your teaching, that is very sad.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    You say
    “There is also one God the Son.”

Is this god as great as our God?
    Who is the Son of God then?

Hi CB,
    You say
    “There is also one God the Son.”

Is this god as great as our God?
    Who is the Son of God then?

NH

How about “the man” that was born of a virgin?

All this time and you still dont get it NH.

Jesus was[is] the Word that was with God and was God, became flesh, Born of a virgin, and dwelt among us. Jesus God. Jesus Man.

So simple a baby can understand that God came down from heaven and dwelt among us.

I Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

*God, the Son, was manifest in the flesh

*God, the Son, was justified in the Spirit

*God, the Son, was seen of Angels

*God, the Son, preached unto the Gentiles

*God, the Son, was believed on in the world

*God, the Son, received up into glory.

Why do you deny these things?

Abide in the Word as a son must do.
    Abhor Babylon and her idols.

:(

david
    Participant

David
    CB. You are skipping the verses between verse 2 and 12 and don't seem to understand the way that Jesus was being tempted. He was being tempted to put God to the test.

It does not say that God the Father was being tested or tempted.
    Jesus clearly was the one being tempted. Jesus the Lord Thy God

CB, yes, that's my point. Your Bible (the KJ) doesn't say that that Satan was trying to get Jesus to put God the Father was to the test, in seeing whether he would carry out his word, respecting the charge to save Jesus. BUT IT SHOULD. The KJ version you are using has words that have changed. With reference to the Father, the word “tempt” in your KJ version is “test” everywhere else. You therefore try to prove that Jessus was being tempted and in the verses above that God was being tempted and so they are the same. But in the first instance, speaking of God, JESUS WAS QUOTING FROM A SCRIPTURE. GO BACK AND LOOK AT THAT SCRIPTURE. See if it makes sense in your KJ Version to translate it as “tempt.”

In the verses you skipped over, between verse 2 and 12, we see that Jesus quotes from Deuteronomy where it is said that you should not put Jehovah your God to the test, like was done at Massah (a word that means “testing” or “trial.”)
    The King James version at this verse in Deut says that you should not tempt God, but clearly this is now the wrong meaning at present day. GOD WAS IN NO WAY BEING TEMPTED AT MASSAH. They were putting him to the test.
    I DON'T BELIEVE YOU CAN ARGUE THAT. YOU CAN'T.
    So the verse that Jesus was quoting, the true meaning and accurate translation has the word “testing” or being put to the test.

““YOU must not put Jehovah YOUR God to the test, the way YOU put him to the test at Mas′sah.”

(GO BACK AND READ DEAUT 6 AND SEE THAT THIS ISN'T A CORRECT TRANSLATION. LOOK UP THE WORD “TEMPT” IN A DICTIONARY AND SEE THAT IT DOESNT' FIT.) Maybe it fit 500 years ago in old english. It doesn't fit the dictionaries or the meaning of what happened today. The enlgish language has changed.

After puting Jehovah to the test, Moses subsequently NAMED THE PLACE MASSAH (meaning “Testing; Trial”) because the Israelites had put Jehovah to the test by their faithless murmuring, and on account of their quarreling, he called it Meribah.—Ex 17:1-7; Ps 105:41.

THEY CERTAINLY DIDN'T TEMPT HIM THERE.

As far as I can tell, all other Bibles have God being put to the test in verse 12, not being tempted.

I HAVEN'T CHECKED EVERY BIBLE, BUT I THINK YOU ARE USING JUST ABOUT THE ONLY ONE THAT TRANSLATES IT THIS WAY, and it is inaccurate today.

LET'S LOOK AT THE CONTEXT.

“If you are a son of God, hurl yourself down from here; 10 for it is written, ‘He [THAT IS, “GOD”] will give his angels a charge concerning you, to preserve you,’ 11 and, ‘They will carry you on their hands, that you may at no time strike your foot against a stone.’” 12 In answer Jesus said to him: “It is said, ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

Why did Jesus say what he did in verse 12??????

Because Satan was wanting Jesus to put God to the test to see if he would “give his angels” the charge concerning Jesus.

It would be testing God to try to get him to do these things: have his angels save Jesus. This would be a test, not a temptation.

Please go back and read Deut 6:16 and the context and tell me how Jehovah was being “tempted” there. Because that is the verse Jesus was quoting what he said: “it is written…” And if he quoted that verse, he wouldn't misquote it.
    As well, looking at the context of why Jesus said what he did, makes it clear that he was speaking about God being tested in whether he would carry out his word to save Jesus. This is obvious.

Here's something else that is devastating to what you believe in regards to this scripture:
    At MATTHEW 4:1, Jesus is spoken of as being “tempted by the Devil.” After showing Jesus “all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,” Satan said: “All these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me.” (Matthew 4:8, 9) Satan was trying to cause Jesus to be disloyal to God.
    But what test of loyalty would that be if Jesus were God? Could God rebel against himself?

The temptation of Jesus would make sense only if he was, not God, but a separate individual who had his own free will, one who could have been disloyal had he chosen to be.

On the other hand, it is unimaginable that God could sin and be disloyal to himself. “Perfect is his activity . . . A God of faithfulness, . . . righteous and upright is he.” (Deuteronomy 32:4) So if Jesus had been God, he could not have been tempted.—James 1:13.

Not being God, Jesus could have been disloyal. But he remained faithful, saying: “Go away, Satan! For it is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”—Matthew 4:10.

Going back for a second:
    EXODUS 17:7
    “So he called the name of the place MASSAH and Mer′i·bah, because of the quarreling of the sons of Israel and because of their putting Jehovah to the test, saying: “Is Jehovah in our midst or not?””

We know that Massah means: “testing, trial”

KJV, Deut 33:8:
    “And of Levi he said, Let thy Thummim and thy Urim be with thy holy one, whom thou didst prove at Massah, and with whom thou didst strive at the waters of Meribah;”
    No mention of “tempting” here. Only of “proving” something. Testing??? hmmm.

Massah is only named a few times in the Bible. It means “testing, trial.” It doens't mean “tempting.” Not a lot happened at Massah other than the testing of jehovah. No tempting of Jehovah there.

done.

NickHassan
    Participant

HiW,
    Was God born in Bethlehem?

Matt 1
    32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    Lk 1
    26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
    Jn 5
    18Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

No the glorious vessel of God was born and that vessel was later filled with God's Spirit so God visited His people.

HiW,
    Was God born in Bethlehem?

Matt 1
    32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
    Lk 1
    26And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.
    Jn 5
    18Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

20For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

No the glorious vessel of God was born and that vessel was later filled with God's Spirit so God visited His people.

NH

Jn 1:
    ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    [2] The same was in the beginning with God.
    [3] All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
    [4] In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
    [5] And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
    [6] There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
    [7] The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
    [8] He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
    [9] That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    [11] He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
    [12] But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    [13] Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
    [14] And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
    [15] John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

You should read scripture with an open mind and heart and let it teach you. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So the Word was the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, who is Our God?

Hi W,
    So the Word was the ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER, who is Our God?

NH

Do you see anywhere in those scriptures that the Word stoped being the Word or stopped being God?

Godhead = Father Son and Holy Ghost!

Abide in the Word as a son must do.
    Abhor Babylon and her idols.
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    He did empty himself and become like to us in every way except sin and none of us are God?

david
    Participant

For some reason Buster keeps saying quite incorrectly that everyone on here who doesn't believe God is a trinity are JW's or supporters of their beliefs. This is quite incorrect. Several people have told him this. He doesn't get it.

I should also mention that Jehovah’s Witnesses cannot be accused of Arianism, inasmuch as they disagree with Arius’ views in many respects. For example, Arius denied that the Son could really know the Father. The Bible teaches that the Son ‘fully knows’ the Father and that the Son is “the one that has explained him.” (Matthew 11:27; John 1:14, 18) Arius claimed that the Word became God’s Son “by adoption” because of his virtue or moral integrity. The Bible says that he was created by Jehovah as his “only-begotten son.” (John 1:14; 3:16; Hebrews 1:2; Revelation 3:14) Arius taught that Christians could hope to become equal to Christ, whereas the Bible states that God gave him “the name that is above every other name.” (Philippians 2:9-11) As well, although Arius did not accept Athanasius’ theory that the holy spirit was of the same substance as the Father, he did consider the spirit to be a person. This provides further proof that Jehovah’s Witnesses are not Arians.

Far from being modern-day Arians, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe what the Bible says.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Cult Buster belongs to the Mother of all Cults, the Trinity. Most other cults rebelled from her and are the daughters of Babylon.

So I here by name him Cult Truster as he trusts in the Mother of all Cults.

Luke 6:42
    How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Cult Truster, you need to free from his cult in order to even try freeing others.

Those who are already free are not in a cult. They are free because the truth sets them free.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,201 through 5,220 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account