The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,141 through 5,160 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Lets look at 1Cor 15
    ” 42So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.”

So the Lord from heaven, who came in the flesh, was made a quickening spirit. He was not a quickening spirit in himself but was made to be so. He is the second Adam, a man and son of Adam, the Son of Man. He was not said to be anointed before coming as the Man froom heaven and no mention of any anointing occurs until the Jordan.

Mk 1
    ” 9And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

12And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.”

He was “the prophet” whom John identified as the one who baptises in the Spirit.

Jn 1
    “32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.”

I agree.
    He is the Son of God who baptises in the Spirit.
    Do you?

NH

I said….
    “There are many other scriptures pointing to the Spirit of God as a person. Can it be any plainer? “

You said….
    Well yes actually.
    If any scriptures existed that said God's Spirit is another person from God Himself.

I quoted you saying….
    “the last Adam was made a quickening spirit”.Indeed he was MADE a quickening Spirit by the outpouring of the Spirit of Christ to his body on earth after his ascension to glory.

I said…
    Show me a scripture where it says Jesus was made MADE a quickening Spirit by the outpouring of the Spirit of Christ to his body on earth after his ascension to glory.
    NH you still have not shown me a scripture that says the above.

Now why is it okay for you to make inferences to a belief that you have concerning Jesus being made a quickening Spirit, But Its not okay for me to quote the Words of Jesus referring to the Holy Spirit as a person.

Don’t you see the double standard here?

Besides all that your claim concerning Jesus being made a Quickening Spirit at the Jordan is wrong.

Lets look at it.

I Cor 15:45
    And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living [zao ] soul [psuche]; the last Adam was made a quickening [zoopoieo] spirit [pneuma].

Zao
    1) to live, breathe, be among the living (not lifeless, not dead)
    2) to enjoy real life
    psuche

psuche
    breath
    the breath of life
    the vital force which animates the body and shows itself in breathing
    of animals
    of men

zoopoieo
    1) to produce alive, begat or bear living young
    2) to cause to live, make alive, give life
    3) metaph., of seeds quickened into life, i.e. germinating, springing up, growing

pneuma
    a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    a life giving spirit

Do you see the diffence between the “psuche” of Adam, and the “zoopoieo” of Jesus?

The first Adam was created and breathed into the breath of life.
    The second Adam [Jesus] was quickened [made alive] by germination.

The first Adam was 'created' and sinned.

The second Adam [Jesus] was 'born' without sin.

As you can see the word for quicken is…
    zoopoieo which means, to produce alive, begat.

Metaphorically it as seeds quickening into life.

This is the Word made flesh.

Jesus did not become the quickening Spirit at his baptism. He became the quickening Spirit at his birth.
    Paul is making a comparison to the beginings of Adam and the beginnings of the birth of Jesus. Jesus was born by the Word as the Son Of God. We beheld his Glory as the only begotten of the Father. This ties in with the Eternal life that was and is the Word that was made flesh and dwelt among us. Jesus Spirit is the quickening Spirit that took on human form, a body.
    45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul [Gen 2:7} ; the last Adam [Jesus] was made a quickening spirit [Jn 1:14].

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual [Jesus], but that which is natural [Adam]; and afterward that which is spiritual [Jesus].

NH You say…

So the Lord from heaven, who came in the flesh, was made a quickening spirit. He was not a quickening spirit in himself but was made to be so

The greek word for made is “eis”  its a primary preposition which denotes entrance into. The Word made flesh.
    Now this is the killer NH.

You say…

He is the second Adam, a man and son of Adam, the Son of Man. He was not said to be anointed before coming as the Man from heaven and no mention of any anointing occurs until the Jordan.

NH this is the worst possible thing you could believe about our Savior and Lord.

And that is to say he is a son of Adam!

This would mean that Jesus was born in sin.
    Rom 5:12
    Wherefore, as by **one man** [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon ***all men***, for that ***all have sinned***:
    Rom 5:17
    For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
    I Cor 15:22 For as in Adam ***all die***, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    Pss 51:5
    Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

This is why he was the only Begotten Son, because he was without sin. He took on human flesh by the virgin Mary, but he was not conceived by the seed or the blood line of Adam. Or he could not have been the Spotless Lamb who takes away the sin of the world.

So NH you have no proof.

You have not…..
    “Shown me a scripture where it says Jesus was  MADE a quickening Spirit by the outpouring of the Spirit of Christ to his body on earth after his ascension to glory.”
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Jesus Christ was conceived in Mary as was John the baptist in Elizabeth.

Lk 1
    “24 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived[4815], and hid herself five months, saying,
    25 Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me , to take away my reproach among men.
    26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
    27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
    28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
    29 And when she saw him , she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
    30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
    31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive[4815] in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.”

Lk 1
    “36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived[4815] a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

Lk 2
    “19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
    20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
    21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived[4815] in the womb.”

No one suggests John was conceived in any way differently from any other man and thus neither was Jesus-by the Spirit of God in Mary.

The Monogenes Son fully partook of flesh and through Mary was Son of Man[Adam].

He was like to us in all ways, except sin.

He was tempted as we are but prevailed.
    Heb 2
    ”  14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.”

Heb 4
    ” 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”

He was tested in all ways as we are but DID NOT SIN.

He had no advantages over us, so we can follow him.

Hi W,
    Jesus Christ was conceived in Mary as was John the baptist in Elizabeth.

Lk 1
    “24 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived[4815], and hid herself five months, saying,
    25 Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me , to take away my reproach among men.
    26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth,
    27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.
    28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
    29 And when she saw him , she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.
    30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.
    31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive[4815] in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.”

Lk 1
    “36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived[4815] a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

Lk 2
    “19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.
    20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
    21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived[4815] in the womb.”

No one suggests John was conceived in any way differently from any other man and thus neither was Jesus-by the Spirit of God in Mary.

The Monogenes Son fully partook of flesh and through Mary was Son of Man[Adam].

He was like to us in all ways, except sin.

He was tempted as we are but prevailed.
    Heb 2
    ”  14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

16For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

18For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.”

Heb 4
    ” 15For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.”

He was tested in all ways as we are but DID NOT SIN.

He had no advantages over us, so we can follow him.

NH

If Jesus was an ancestor form Adam then how could he be the second Adam? How could he be the Son of God. He was concieved by the Holy Spirit. God is his Father as you say, not Adam or any other Man.

This would mean that Jesus was born in sin.
    Rom 5:12
    Wherefore, as by **one man** [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon ***all men***, for that ***all have sinned***:
    Rom 5:17
    For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.
    I Cor 15:22 For as in Adam ***all die***, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    Pss 51:5
    Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Monogenes means…
    1) single of its kind, only

a) used of only sons or daughters (viewed in relation to their parents)

b) used of Christ, denotes the only begotten son of God

Jesus was born of God, the Word made Flesh. His ancestery was not of man.

This is why he was the only Begotten Son, because he was without sin. He took on human flesh by the virgin Mary, but he was not conceived by the seed or the blood line of Adam. Or he could not have been the Spotless Lamb who takes away the sin of the world.

Matt 1:18
    Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found ***with child of the Holy Ghost.***

Luke 1:35
    And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The Monogenes Son was indeed unique begotten from god ALONE in the beginning and sent into the world.
    He partook of the flesh of Adam through Mary becoming the second Adam, of the dust of the earth conceived of Mary. He was not unable to sin or incapable of but was exposed to it in the same way we are, and in the power of God he overcame it and threw down the squatter god of this earth. He perfectly fulfilled the law and so can we who inherit in him through rebirth.

Cult Buster
    Participant

TEXTS CONTAINING ALL THREE PERSONS OF THE GODHEAD

Following are just some texts showing the understanding of the Three Divine Beings / Persons in One Godhead.

Matt. 28:19 Baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

11 Cor. 13:14 Grace of Christ, the love of God and the communion of the Holy Spirit.

11 Cor. 1:21,22 He Who establishes in Christ, anointed us is God, and given us the Spirit

1 Thess. 5:18-19 Will of God in Christ Jesus…quench not the Spirit.
    Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:

Jude 20-21 Praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of Jesus Christ.

Notice also that ALL THREE MEMBERS were present at creation

Genesis 1:1,2 In the beginning GOD(Elohiym-plural) created the heavens and the earth…And the Spirit of God (Elohiym-plural) was hovering over the face of the the waters.

Genesis 1:26 And God (Elohiym-plural) said, …..
    “Let US make man in OUR image…so God (Elohiym-plural) created man in His image..male and female He created THEM.

Col. 1:15 “By Him [Christ] all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, …all things were created through Him and for Him.”

All three were present at the incarnation!

Luke 1:35
    And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Isaiah 9:6
    Christ's NAME, carries the Full Godhead:

“Unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given and His NAME shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The One God (Godhead) is comprised of the Father, the Prince of Peace (Christ) and the Counselor (Holy Spirit)

Rev 4:8, Isaiha 6:3   HOLY HOLY HOLY  (praising the three Divine Beings)

Beware! Beware! of these Jehovah's Witnesses offshoot cults. If you are part of any of these cults, you must come out and join a real Christian church. Why should you be tormented by the word of God when you can live in harmony with it. It is not too late. You must come out. Bring your loved one's out.

Revelation 18:4  …. Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues….
    :O

Cult Buster
    Participant

The Holy Spirit is God

Acts 5:3   But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land?  
    5:4   Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.  

Mathew  12:31   Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [against] the [Holy] Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.  (Blasphemy can only be committed against God)

1 Corinthians  6:19   What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  
    6:20   For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God (the Holy Ghost) in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.  

1 Corinthians 3:16   Know ye not that ye are the temple of God (the Holy Spirit) , and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?  

1 Corinthians 3:17   Now the Lord (God) is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty.  

9:14   How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit (only God hath immortality) offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?  

The HOLY SPIRIT (a Person) is endowed with very “personal” characteristics like:
    Intelligence and knowledge, feelings and teaching ability.
    (John 14:26) “for He will teach you all things”.
    1 Cor. 2:13,14 He teaches us spiritual things, helping us to discern spiritual things
    (1 Cor. 12:11),He makes decisions –deciding who gets what spiritual gift
    He has emotions and can be grieved (Eph. 4:30)
    Romans 8:26 “The Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

(John 16:8) He convicts of sin, of righteousness and judgment
    Rev. 22:17
    He invites people to “come” (Matt. 12:31, Mark 3:29) He can be sinned and blasphemed against, which can lead to the unpardonable sin
    “The Spirit Himself bears witness…. that we are children of God (Romans 8:16
    He speaks (Acts 8:29)
    teaches (Luke 12:12)
    reveals (Luke 2:26)
    testifies (Acts 20:23)
    searches (1 Cor. 2:10,11)
    He sets people apart for service and sends them on their way (Acts 13:2,4)
    He commands and guides (Acts 8:29)
    He declares things to come (John 16:13)
    In John chapters 14-16 Christ referred to the Holy Spirit 24 times with personal PRONOUNS. HE,  HIM. He addresses the Holy Spirit as a person, and treats Him as a person. In John 14:16 He calls Him the Comforter (Parakletos), which is a title which could only be held by a person.

If the Holy Spirit was only Christ's Spirit, then explain the following:

The Bible speaks of Him as:
    1. The Spirit Himself (Romans 8:16; 8:26)
    2. The Spirit of God (Romans 8:9; 8:14)
    3. The Spirit of Christ (Romans 8:9)

The Spirit is all the fullness of the Godhead.

When we see statements like Christs Spirit or the Father’s Spirit, it does not take anything away from the Holy Spirit as an individual person of the Godhead.

If I said to you “my brother”, “your sister”, “his mother,”, or “mother of Charlie”, does this mean we own our brothers, sisters and mothers? Does this mean that they are part of us or that they are not separate individuals?  Of course not!

The three Divine Beings in heaven are also very closely related. So we see statements like Christ’s Father, Spirit of God, Son of God, Christs Spirit, the Father’s Spirit or Spirit of the Lord.  

The Spirit is all the fullness of the Godhead.

Rev 4:8, Isaiha 6:3   HOLY HOLY HOLY  (praising the three Divine Beings)

Beware! Beware! of these Jehovah's Witnesses offshoot cults. Don't let them brainwash you. If you are part of any of these cults, you must come out and join a real Christian church. Why should you be tormented by the word of God when you can live in harmony with it. It is not too late. You must come out. Bring your loved one's out.

Revelation 18:4  …. Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,.
    What is a godhead?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Hi CB,.
    What is a godhead?

ELOHIYM

H430
    אלהים
    'ĕlôhîym
    el-o-heem'
    Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; God (gods)

Genesis 1:1,2 In the beginning GOD(Elohiym-plural) created the heavens and the earth…And the Spirit of God (Elohiym-plural) was hovering over the face of the the waters.

“Let US make man in OUR image…so God (Elohiym-plural) created man in His image..male and female He created them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    God is One.
    Jesus told the Jews the Father was their God.

Jn 8.54
    ” 54Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:”

He said the Father was the only true God

Jn 17
    ” 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

He told them true worshipers worship the Father.

Jn 4
    ' 23But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 03 2006,11:58)

Hi CB,.
    What is a godhead?

ELOHIYM

H430
    אלהים
    'ĕlôhîym
    el-o-heem'
    Plural of H433; gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God; God (gods)

“Let US make man in OUR image…so God (Elohiym-plural) created man in His image..male and female He created them.

Hi CB,
    Yoou say the GODHEAD means ELOHIM.
    Since ELOHIM is used of angels and men does that mean they are in this godhead too?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cult Buster @ Dec. 03 2006,11:58)

Hi CB,.
    What is a godhead?

ELOHIYM

H430
    אלהים
    'ĕlôhîym
    el-o-heem'

Hi CB,

Number 430
    Transliteration:
    'elohiym {el-o-heem'}
    Word Origin:
    plural of 433
    TWOT:
    93c
    Part of Speech:
    noun masculine
    Usage in the KJV:
    God 2346, god 244, judge 5, GOD 1, goddess 2, great 2, mighty 2, angels 1, exceeding 1, God-ward 04136 1, godly 1

Total: 2606
    Definition:
    (plural)
    rulers, judges
    divine ones
    angels
    gods
    (plural intensive – singular meaning)
    god, goddess
    godlike one
    works or special possessions of God
    the (true) God
    God

Cult Buster
    Participant

In case you could not understand the scripture, Elohiym is referring to God in these Genesis verses.

ELOHIYM

H430
    אלהים
    'ĕlôhîym
    el-o-heem'

Twisting the scriptures and squirming is typical of cults.

2 Thessalonians 2:10   And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  
     2:11   And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  
     2:12   That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.  
     2:13   But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:  

2 Timothy 4:3   For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;  
     4:4   And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.  

Come out of her:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    So GOD MUST BE A TRINITY because Elohim refers to plural? Why stop at three?

Cult Buster
    Participant

Hi CB,
    So GOD MUST BE A TRINITY because Elohim refers to plural? Why stop at three?

Matt. 28:19 Baptizing in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit

Come out of her  :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Have you read that Eusebius had a library containg an original of Matthews gospel and he quoted it as reading
    “baptising in my name”?

I have come out of the whore and been reborn into the Son and I try to abide in his teachings as he told us to.
    Trinity is not among his teachings.

How about you?
    Can you claim that your teachers align with the teachings of the bible?
    If not why not and why do they not care?
    If you do not do so should you not be concerned?

Hi CB,
    Have you read that Eusebius had a library containg an original of Matthews gospel and he quoted it as reading
    “baptising in my name”?

I have come out of the whore and been reborn into the Son and I try to abide in his teachings as he told us to.
    Trinity is not among his teachings.

How about you?
    Can you claim that your teachers align with the teachings of the bible?
    If not why not and why do they not care?
    If you do not do so should you not be concerned?

NH

Do you put your faith in a rumor that Eusebius had a library containg an original of Matthews gospel.

Of course it has conveneintly disapeared. The Lord was able to preserve 100s of manuscripts, but this one dissapeared.

So now lets just change the scriptures to support our belief based on a rumor.

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    In which name did the apostles baptise?
    Were they confused, or rebellious?

Hi w,
    In which name did the apostles baptise?
    Were they confused, or rebellious?

Of cousre they were not confused. They baptised in The Name of the Lord Jesus because they new that the three were one!

So how many other scriptures do you just throw out because it dosnt fit your theology????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So the apostles used their own initiative rather than following instructions?

Well if they were following the Spirit of God they would not have done that for the Spirit “does not speak on His own initiative”

I have no problems with any other verses apart from the added one in the KJV based bibles of 1Jn 5.7.

But to follow Constantine you have to add considerably to the bible all sorts of new initiatives and they finish up isolating you from the family of God.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,141 through 5,160 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account