The Trinity Doctrine

Viewing 20 posts - 5,101 through 5,120 (of 18,301 total)
  • Author

Hi W,
    We are speaking of validity and relevance here.
    No product of mere human imagination can compare with the validity of divine revelation.
    Trinity is not revealed.
    Thus it is neither valid or relevant in any discussion about God.

So much hate!

Bless you anyway NH!:)

Hi w,
    You say
    “This Jesus also revealed himself to John on the Isle of Patmos in his resurrected Glory and also Spoke to him saying,
    Rev 1: 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
    No. Almighty God said that.

NH Sorry I disagree!

He turned too see the voice and lo it was the Son of man!

Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
    [11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
    [12] And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
    [13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
    :)

Hi W,
    You say
    “I Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

YLT reads it 5:18 We have known that every one who has been begotten of God does not sin, but he who was begotten of God does keep himself, and the evil one does not touch him; 5:19 we have known that of God we are, and the whole world in the evil does lie; 5:20 and we have known that the Son of God is come, and has given us a mind, that we may know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ; this one is the true God and the life age-during!
    Anyone who closely examines these scriptures and is honest with himself can plainly see that Jesus is the True God one with the Father, the Eternal Life.”

Then how about reconciling the words of John with those of Jesus.

Jn 17
    “3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. “
    Jesus says the Father is the only true God and he says the Father is his God in Jn 20.

YLT is drawn from the same manuscripts as the KJV so has the same faults.

NH

Thats simple!

That to Know God is to know the Father and the Son, Jesus who is the true God and life Eternal. :)

Why do you not open your eyes to the truth? Sad!

Jn 17
    “3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. “
    Jesus says the Father is the only true God and he says the Father is his God in Jn 20.

NH Good Scrip[ture by the way!:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 27 2006,06:04)

Hi W,
    You say
    “I Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

YLT reads it 5:18 We have known that every one who has been begotten of God does not sin, but he who was begotten of God does keep himself, and the evil one does not touch him; 5:19 we have known that of God we are, and the whole world in the evil does lie; 5:20 and we have known that the Son of God is come, and has given us a mind, that we may know Him who is true, and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ; this one is the true God and the life age-during!
    Anyone who closely examines these scriptures and is honest with himself can plainly see that Jesus is the True God one with the Father, the Eternal Life.”

Jn 17

NH

Thats simple!

That to Know God is to know the Father and the Son, Jesus who is the true God and life Eternal. :)

Why do you not open your eyes to the truth? Sad!

Hi W,
    Not quite.
    The way to know the Father and the Son is to know the Son.

You cannot know the Father except through knowing the Son.

In the Son and obeying him and abiding in his teaching you will meet with the Father as well.

The Son is the way to God.

The Son is the mediator with God.

That is why Paul preached Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

There is salvation in no other name.

Hi W,
    Not quite.
    The way to know the Father and the Son is to know the Son.

You cannot know the Father except through knowing the Son.

In the Son and obeying him and abiding in his teaching you will meet with the Father as well.

The Son is the way to God.

The Son is the mediator with God.

That is why Paul preached Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

There is salvation in no other name.

NH

Jn 17
    3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. “

1 Jn: 1:5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Ask the Father to reveal it to you NH. I am confident that he will. I will be praying for you!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The Spirit of the Father will not teach from outside of Scripture.
    Trinity theory is from outside of scripture.

Hi W,
    The Spirit of the Father will not teach from outside of Scripture.
    Trinity theory is from outside of scripture.

NH

But this is scripture!

Jn 17
    3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. “

1 Jn: 1:5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So God has a Son? Then why do you confuse the Son with God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    Do not take personally my laceration of false teaching. You need to be set free from their grip on you if these teachings of men cause offense to you as I love you and want you to cast aside what can be offensive to your God.

“Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
    [11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
    [12] And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
    [13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.”

So John did not see who spoke so does not say he did.

When he turned to see the source of that voice John saw
    seven candlesticks
    and
    the son of Man.

The Son of Man speaks the words of God.

Jn 3
    “John 3:34
    For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.”
    Jn 8
    “John 8:47
    He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”
    Jn 6
    ” 68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.”

So why are you sure Jesus was claiming to be these things?
    Why are you sure even it was he who spoke
    -about himself?

Posted: Nov. 27 2006,21:10  

——————————————————————————–
    Hi w,
    Do not take personally my laceration of false teaching. You need to be set free from their grip on you if these teachings of men cause offense to you as I love you and want you to cast aside what can be offensive to your God.

“Rev 1:10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,
    [13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.”

So John did not see who spoke so does not say he did.

When he turned to see the source of that voice John saw
    seven candlesticks
    and
    the son of Man.

The Son of Man speaks the words of God.

Jn 3
    “John 3:34
    For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.”
    Jn 8
    “John 8:47
    He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.”
    Jn 6
    ” 68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.”

So why are you sure Jesus was claiming to be these things?
    Why are you sure even it was he who spoke
    -about himself?

NH

Your critisism of my faith only strenthgens my faith. You see this is what the did to the Apostles and Prophets and Jesus himself.

Its no surprise that those who do not now him may condemn our faith.

They wanted to stone our Lord for claiming he was God. So those who would hold to his words as the Word of God would also be stoned. (figurativlely), I hope. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    The enemies of God misunderstood the claims of Jesus thinking he claimed to be God or equal to God. He made no such claims.
    He said he was the Son of God as did
    God
    Peter
    Paul
    John
    John the baptist
    Martha.

Are there better witnesses?

Surely you would not agree with the enemies of Christ?

Hi W,
    The enemies of God misunderstood the claims of Jesus thinking he claimed to be God or equal to God. He made no such claims.
    God
    Peter
    Paul
    John
    John the baptist
    Martha.

NH

I disagree. The enemys of Christ were the modern day experts of the law and the Prophets. They knew full well what Jesus ment when he claimed to be before Abraham and that he was the Son of God. And Jesus never disputed them in thier accusations.

The Apostles also knew of his Deity, his oneness with the Father. That is why you see them always referring to the Father and the Son. So many examples of the Apostles wrorshipping him and thomas calling him Lord and God. Jesus never rebuked them or even pointed them to the Father.

Dosn't that in itself say something to you?

But knowing that it takes the Spirit of God to show these things to a man, all we can do is tell them the truth. Search the scriptures for in them you think you have Eternal life, but they ar they that testify of me!:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    We learn primariily at the feet of the Master, not from the behaviours of disciples or the misguided opinions of his enemies.
    He never mentioned any trinity or said he was God so why do you look beyond his words?

Hi W,
    We learn primariily at the feet of the Master, not from the behaviours of disciples or the misguided opinions of his enemies.
    He never mentioned any trinity or said he was God so why do you look beyond his words?

NH

Well friend then you will have to throw out about 2/3s of the New Testament because it was written showing us the practices and behavours of the Aplostles and the Church.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 28 2006,05:18)

Hi W,
    God
    Peter
    Paul
    John
    John the baptist
    Martha.

NH

I disagree. The enemys of Christ were the modern day experts of the law and the Prophets. They knew full well what Jesus ment when he claimed to be before Abraham and that he was the Son of God. And Jesus never disputed them in thier accusations.

The Apostles also knew of his Deity, his oneness with the Father. That is why you see them always referring to the Father and the Son. So many examples of the Apostles wrorshipping him and thomas calling him Lord and God. Jesus never rebuked them or even pointed them to the Father.

Dosn't that in itself say something to you?

But knowing that it takes the Spirit of God to show these things to a man, all we can do is tell them the truth. Search the scriptures for in them you think you have Eternal life, but they ar they that testify of me!:)

Hi W,
    Trinity is a theory about God derived from rebellious catholicism we should not follow her.
    It is founded not on scriptural teaching but by reading between the lines and relying on implications or the words of others rather than Christ himself.
    Christ was a vessel for God.
    The fullness of deity dwelled in him.
    Thus those who saw him saw the Father too.
    Thomas learned this from the Master.
    Christ, the Son of God, was sent from God in heaven.
    He was before Abraham, David and John the baptist.
    Christ himself deserved higher honour than any man, priest or prophet and allowed those who recognised this to show him that honour.

But that did not make the vessel also the contents of that vessel.

Hi W,
    Trinity is a theory about God derived from rebellious catholicism we should not follow her.
    It is founded not on scriptural teaching but by reading between the lines and relying on implications or the words of others rather than Christ himself.
    Christ was a vessel for God.
    The fullness of deity dwelled in him.
    Thus those who saw him saw the Father too.
    Thomas learned this from the Master.
    Christ, the Son of God, was sent from God in heaven.
    He was before Abraham, David and John the baptist.
    Christ himself deserved higher honour than any man, priest or prophet and allowed those who recognised this to show him that honour.

But that did not make the vessel also the contents of that vessel.

Yea, yea ,yea,.

Do they pay you NH to sit here and spew out your canned belief like a broken record.

You are a poor debater my friend , because when you have no response or answer to a thing you try to delude by reverting back to your canned doctrines.

:(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    This is a biblical site and we try to encourage people to cling to scripture first even if it means loosening their grip on human tradition and is is a painful process.

Hi w,
    This is a biblical site and we try to encourage people to cling to scripture first even if it means loosening their grip on human tradition and is is a painful process.

NH

Do you practice what you preach????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hiw,
    You be the judge.
    But we serve the Master in this regard as best we can hoping to rescue some from the fire in the knowledge that the world is in the power of the evil one but He who is in us is greater that he who is in the world.

Viewing 20 posts - 5,101 through 5,120 (of 18,301 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account